Page 50 of 98 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2450

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I fully agree. It just doesn't add up...

From what I understand, the offer on the coupon expired before the maroon weapons were even produced with 'Man-E-Weapons.' -- And it's very unlikely Mattel would have cast weapons in a new color specifically for Savage He-Man. If he did get anything, more-than-likely it would've been overflow from a mass-produced item(s).
    I am fairly certain that the weapons in question were not produced specifically for Man-E-Faces, but were packaged with him in order to liquidate them. It is possible that these weapons had existed for some time beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I am fairly certain that the weapons in question were not produced specifically for Man-E-Faces, but were packaged with him in order to liquidate them. It is possible that these weapons had existed for some time beforehand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar
    And it's very unlikely Mattel would have cast weapons in a new color specifically for Savage He-Man.
    The weapons came earlier with Castle Grayskull, but in a different color I believe. (I'm not sure, since I don't have CG) The maroon ones were later cast for Man-E-Faces. What I'm saying, is that I don't think they would've made an all new color specifically for Savage He-Man, since he seems to have been produced in very small quantities.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    man what are these dollar stores you guys keep talking about? A place where people sell there stuff for a few cents?
    The store I'm referring to isn't an actual dollar store (as in everything costs a dollar). The store I found the Toyfare Exclusive Witchblade figure at sells overstock, discontinued items, remaining stock from out of business sales, and sometimes if a store is burned down. lol

The Exclusive Witchblade did cost me $1 or $2 though.

So.....if "Savage He-Man" was a promotion and they had a lot extra, it wouldn't be surprising if he was sent to a store like this. I've seen a lot of interesting toys, some from popular lines which I had no idea they made.

This was in New York?
    Yes sir. I have a clear memory of this.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    this dollar store thing really spruces up the feeling that the figure might be real. Those stores must be amazing, how many of you actually found treasure in those shops? Or even wb he-man??

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    The weapons came earlier with Castle Grayskull, but in a different color I believe. (I'm not sure, since I don't have CG) The maroon ones were later cast for Man-E-Faces. What I'm saying, is that I don't think they would've made an all new color specifically for Savage He-Man, since he seems to have been produced in very small quantities.
    I am postulating that the weapons in question are a production error, i.e. they were to be packaged with Castle Grayskull, but were produced in the wrong color, and were packaged with Savage He-Man, and later with Man-E-Weapons in order to liquidate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    this dollar store thing really spruces up the feeling that the figure might be real. Those stores must be amazing, how many of you actually found treasure in those shops? Or even wb he-man??
    For toys its pretty much bootleg/cheap stuff however they do get good things sometimes.
    Recently I have seen Superman Movie Figures, Thats where I got my Movie Metallo. I saw Death Jr. Figures at Halloween(Based on a video game) made by gentle giant and right now they have Mini Marvel Heroclix figures.

As far as MOTU goes I never saw a large figure but I did see the entire line of Mini figures and later a Mini Figure Multi pack.

Probably the most shocking find and was a big let down is that 2 weeks after I bought an Ipod pretective case (Had bumpers in case of fall) for $19.99 at Fry's, I found the same case, same brand just clear instead of black for $1 at Dollar Tree

I've been thinking about this mystery so much lately, that I actually had a dream last night about discovering the origin of Savage He-Man. -- Was so disappointed when I realized I hadn't discovered anything.

Stupid as it may sound, the Savage He-Man figure that I found in my dream had something attached to him saying where he came from. hehe There were two different things listed, but now I can't remember the names. One was a location/name of convention-like gathering and the other a name of a dollar store type of place.

There were two different things listed, but now I can't remember the names. One was a location/name of convention-like gathering and the other a name of a dollar store type of place.
    Oh.. we were so close !!!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

I've been thinking about this mystery so much lately, that I actually had a dream last night about discovering the origin of Savage He-Man. -- Was so disappointed when I realized I hadn't discovered anything.
    Tallstar, no joke I had a savage He-Man dream the other night as well. In my dream I found a whole bin of them at a dollar store. Must have been from reading this post every day, haha. You're right about this disappointment when you wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Oh.. we were so close !!!
    I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Syl-Klone View Post
    Tallstar, no joke I had a savage He-Man dream the other night as well. In my dream I found a whole bin of them at a dollar store. Must have been from reading this post every day, haha. You're right about this disappointment when you wake up.
    Maybe we can 'try' again tonight...for information. hehe

Must admit, I too have had this dream...

Rambling here again...

I noticed this very rare MOC Remco Hercules. Apparently he was produced in this special packaging just for a company party (for The Hercules Computer Chip) back in the 80s. I was just thinking how cool it would be if Savage He-Man turned up MOC like this!

Attached Images Attached Images

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    yeah so...ok i read the toyfare article and wow! what a waste of time. they said absolutely nothing about anything. not to mention getting alot wrong. and poor val takes the fall as being the knowledge point.

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    yeah so...ok i read the toyfare article and wow! what a waste of time. they said absolutely nothing about anything. not to mention getting alot wrong. and poor val takes the fall as being the knowledge point.
    Yeah, I noticed those mistakes. (blue boots? Stating that he was first seen in 1981 as if it were fact..)

All the parts quoting Val were correct though...but I know what you mean.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    So WB/Savage He-man never came with brown weapons in reality?

The article wasn't as big as I thought it was gonna be.
    They didn't use a lot of cool photos Josh sent along for the article.
    Plus some of my quotes were segmented, so some stuff reads a bit different than I intended.
    I was hoping they'd list all the theories we passed along. Not sure why only the Conan theory was printed.
    Still, neat to see the article!

Heroic Warrior
    Basically there’s no hope of solving this mystery. Too many fuzzy memories, too many variables, all lost in the sands of time. Best to leave it mysterious and all that.

Pity I never had one. Would have remembered exactly how I got it.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    You have photographic memory then?

Side-effect from Aspergers or some other neurological change?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Pretty much all my figures I can tell you exactly how I got them.

yes i do

Side-effect from Aspergers ?
    yes actually.

Heroic Warrior
    Could this explain the mystery? http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/conception/archive25.jpg
    "The Mattel vice president at the time ordered the head changed and the sculptor fashioned the new head after the blond V.P. to get a faster approval."
    Last edited by Greyskull; January 23, 2008 at 03:56pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    Could this explain the mystery? http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/conception/archive25.jpg
    "The Mattel vice president at the time ordered the head changed and the sculptor fashioned the new head after the blond V.P. to get a faster approval."
    by the time he looked the way we know him it was way past approval.

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    Speaking of that article, I read threw the entire thing the other day at Greyskull Museum.com, and did anybody else think it was really strange that Roger Sweet's name wasn't mentioned once? Not to mention, alot of the things said, and even the "facts" in that article strongly conflict with almost everything that Roger Sweet wrote in his book

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyTyler View Post
    Speaking of that article, I read threw the entire thing the other day at Greyskull Museum.com, and did anybody else think it was really strange that Roger Sweet's name wasn't mentioned once? Not to mention, alot of the things said, and even the facts in that article strongly conflict with Roger Sweet's book.
    I actually mentioned the same thing on the other post from where I got that link as soon as I got done reading it.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=156767