Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2458

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

I was looking through Lee's Action Figure Guide and they have him listed as He-Man Wonder Bread.I wonder were they came up with that name for him.?They have him listed under the 82' releases as a Mail Away figure.
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Quote Originally Posted by ICER View Post
    I was looking through Lee's Action Figure Guide and they have him listed as He-Man Wonder Bread.I wonder were they came up with that name for him.?They have him listed under the 82' releases as a Mail Away figure.
    Weird. Just last week I was thumbing through some action figures guides at one of the local antique shops, and I noticed the same thing in one of them, but they also included the name "Savage He-man". I didn't know folks were using that name back in the late 90s. I forget which guide I was looking at. It may have been Tomarts.

Lee's has had that listed for a long time, despite even running a letter from me saying that it probably wasn't a good idea to do so.

Some fan wrote in a long time ago and told them about the figure.
    I guess they heard enough about it from collector's to eventually list it.
    They don't care enough to find out the origin behind the figure, though. It's just one listing in a sea of other listings.

Quote Originally Posted by Class316 View Post
    Basically there’s no hope of solving this mystery. Too many fuzzy memories, too many variables, all lost in the sands of time. Best to leave it mysterious and all that.

Pity I never had one. Would have remembered exactly how I got it.
    Yep. I take it nothing came of the article. There hasn't been an increase in the amount of them being sold, nobody new is coming forward etc. :/

I remember here a while back on the Org home page there was a small article about toyfair researching the Orgin on the Wonderbread He-Man. Did they ever find anything out or are they waiting to reveal something at one of the Cons?
    Last edited by Warpigs; March 25, 2008 at 04:12pm.
    Warpigs Feedback Thread Selling/Buying/Trading
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=173127

\m/(^_^)\m/

Everything we know is here in this thread.

Widget
    It amazes me that after all of these years and all of the researching that the origins of this figure are still such a mystery. What other toy lines were involved/associated with the offer? Perhaps researching them would shed some more light on the offer?

Did Mattel have one of these figures in their archive collection that were auctioned off on eBay a few years ago?

It is utterly impossible that there is absolutely no concrete information available on this item...especially since it is from Mattel which is a major toy company and MOTU a prominent toy line.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSkeletor View Post
    It amazes me that after all of these years and all of the researching that the origins of this figure are still such a mystery. What other toy lines were involved/associated with the offer? Perhaps researching them would shed some more light on the offer?

Did Mattel have one of these figures in their archive collection that were auctioned off on eBay a few years ago?

It is utterly impossible that there is absolutely no concrete information available on this item...especially since it is from Mattel which is a major toy company and MOTU a prominent toy line.
    I'm sorry to say that most of this questions have been discussed already, you just need to read this thread. We personally talked to Mattel about this so you should trust the info given here.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Everything we know is here in this thread.
    Yah, It had been a while since the last post and I was just curious if anything else came up, but that would make front page news, huh.

\m/(^_^)\m/

Nothing new here to report.
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

Heroic Warrior
    I have not had a chance to read through this entire thread yet, so maybe someone already said this, and if so I apologize, but when I was a kid we went to disney land and universal studios and got to see the He-man show (it was around x-mas if I remember) and they gave out toys to all the kids. I got a skelator in a baggy, very basic it has the staff and no armor, but my brother got a he-man variant that looked alot like the wonder bread he-man. We have an old home video of it some where and I am trying to locate it....and somewhere my brother thinks he still has the figure(i've been bugging him for years to find it). I do not know if this helps anyone or not but let me know what you guys think!

Ty

Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    I have not had a chance to read through this entire thread yet, so maybe someone already said this, and if so I apologize, but when I was a kid we went to disney land and universal studios and got to see the He-man show (it was around x-mas if I remember) and they gave out toys to all the kids. I got a skelator in a baggy, very basic it has the staff and no armor, but my brother got a he-man variant that looked alot like the wonder bread he-man. We have an old home video of it some where and I am trying to locate it....and somewhere my brother thinks he still has the figure(i've been bugging him for years to find it). I do not know if this helps anyone or not but let me know what you guys think!

Ty
    Ty, does this video show your brother getting the He-Man figure?

Wow!!! You should be checking out that video. Just think....you could be as big of a hero as He-Man himself..............well almost.

\m/(^_^)\m/

Heroic Warrior
    I do believe it does. Its been a few years since I have looked at it, but I am fairly certian it does. In fact I just called him (my brother) and he thinks it does too. And I told him I'd give him like 100 bucks to find the figure to, so hes motivated to find it now. I called my mom and she said she would try to find the video this week(unfortunatly shes said that before lol). I didnt realize that this was still such a mysterious issue or I would have tried hard the last couple of years to get some answers.

I didnt realize that this was still such a mysterious issue or I would have tried hard the last couple of years to get some answers.
    Oh yes. We've been waiting a long time for someone to solve this mystery.

Heroic Warrior
    Well I hope that I can at least help some of you guys out. I have learned and benifited a ton from this site and the people on it. The least I can do is return the favor!

so there may be a wonderbread-skeletor as well? it's even getting better

We have an old home video of it some where and I am trying to locate it....and somewhere my brother thinks he still has the figure

Talk about concrete evidence!

Heroic Warrior
    I am not sure if you would call it a "wonderbread" skelator. In fact the he-man may be the same as the wonderbread, but that does not mean it didnt get released some place else. All I know is that the figure we got at this show was the same. My brother found the figure and I emailed him a pic of the "Wonder-Bread"/Savage he-man and he said it is the same thing. My folks have still not found the video yet, so I do not have the evididence to post yet, but as far as I am concernd this figure we were givin is the same as the one that has been called wonder-bread. That, again, does not mean it didnt get released elsewhere as well. I can wait till I do have the video though. I am all excited that I may have some answers to other peoples questions.lol Its usually me asking the questions, so this is kinda cool for me.

Well, we'll get another step closer with this new developement. Maybe this will finally help us solve the mystery once and for all.
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

Heroic Warrior

Savage He-Man

My brother found the toy and has confirmed that this was the one he got. He also found a photo of me and him standing out from of the theater holding the toys and he said you can see the He-Man figure, and my skelator. He is mailing me the photo and when I get it I will post it. My mom has not yet found the video of us at this thing (showing us recieving the figures) but she will. She is not in the best of health(and cant understand what all the "fuss is over a silly dolly" as she put it) but she did promise to find it. I told her if she did she could forgo my b-day and x-mas gifts this year.lol Anyway, just wanted to update anyone who was interested.

thats awesome news man!! hopefully we can see the photo in the near future and possibly the video, I hope your mom get's better, welcome to the boards!
    Knowledge is power, arm yourself

My feedback ,cool people I've dealt with

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ak+good+trader

My brother found the toy and has confirmed that this was the one he got. He also found a photo of me and him standing out from of the theater holding the toys and he said you can see the He-Man figure, and my skelator. He is mailing me the photo and when I get it I will post it. My mom has not yet found the video of us at this thing (showing us recieving the figures) but she will. She is not in the best of health(and cant understand what all the "fuss is over a silly dolly" as she put it) but she did promise to find it. I told her if she did she could forgo my b-day and x-mas gifts this year.lol Anyway, just wanted to update anyone who was interested.
    Excellent news, buddy!

Hope your mom gets better.

Wow! I haven't been checking the thread everday so this is the first I've read about this new development. This really sounds like it could be someting substantial. We'll all be waiting anxiously for the pics/video to be posted. Hope your mom gets better soon!

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    as good as the story sounds and what not i would think something like seeing he-man live and getting a special figure would be something a child would remember forever. i sure would have. really no one other than these brothers can recall going to see the live show and getting this special figure!? ive spoken to people who remember going and even recieving a figure but just a common carded figure. they even mention it on the commercial for the show so its not like it was a surprise when you went. children wouldve been looking forward to their free toy. the problem now is if this pic looks even somewhat legit people are going to suddenly remember, the same as they remember getting it from wonderbread. everything is always 1 step forward and 100 steps behind.

THE TRUTH IS I WENT BACK IN TIME AND COTU PRODUCED THE BROWN HE-MAN TRYING TO STEAL THE THUNDER FROM UNDERNEATH THE NEWLY CONCEIVED HE-MAN FROM MATTEL. BUT WHEN WE BROUGHT THE MONEY WE MADE BACK TO THIS TIME WE ENDED UP POORER THAN WHEN WE LEFT

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/