Page 52 of 99 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2454

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

  1. #1276
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,864
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    as good as the story sounds and what not i would think something like seeing he-man live and getting a special figure would be something a child would remember forever.
    Well, 'Savage He-Man' may have been offered in very limited amounts at this Universal Studios thing, so that could explain why there's only one person coming forward so far making this claim. A lot of the free figures that folks got probably got chucked over the years. Also, like motuxmen said, it's possible he was offered elsewhere.

  2. #1277
    Etherian 626 gnewton34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    9,737
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    as good as the story sounds and what not i would think something like seeing he-man live and getting a special figure would be something a child would remember forever. i sure would have. really no one other than these brothers can recall going to see the live show and getting this special figure!? ive spoken to people who remember going and even recieving a figure but just a common carded figure. they even mention it on the commercial for the show so its not like it was a surprise when you went. children wouldve been looking forward to their free toy. the problem now is if this pic looks even somewhat legit people are going to suddenly remember, the same as they remember getting it from wonderbread. everything is always 1 step forward and 100 steps behind.
    It was a event that only ran from Dec 21 through Jan 5. That's a two-week event held only in Florida at an amusement park. Do you actually expect a bunch of people to come forward that attended it? Few people come forward and remember The Power Tour and that was a show that traveled across the country.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

    "If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

  3. #1278
    Heroic Warrior Ram_Man_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Lewistown PA
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    THE TRUTH IS I WENT BACK IN TIME AND COTU PRODUCED THE BROWN HE-MAN TRYING TO STEAL THE THUNDER FROM UNDERNEATH THE NEWLY CONCEIVED HE-MAN FROM MATTEL. BUT WHEN WE BROUGHT THE MONEY WE MADE BACK TO THIS TIME WE ENDED UP POORER THAN WHEN WE LEFT
    Now that would explain everything. Why didn't you tell all of us this before we started this long thread.
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

  4. #1279
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ludington, MI USA
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    as good as the story sounds and what not i would think something like seeing he-man live and getting a special figure would be something a child would remember forever. i sure would have. really no one other than these brothers can recall going to see the live show and getting this special figure!? ive spoken to people who remember going and even recieving a figure but just a common carded figure. they even mention it on the commercial for the show so its not like it was a surprise when you went. children wouldve been looking forward to their free toy. the problem now is if this pic looks even somewhat legit people are going to suddenly remember, the same as they remember getting it from wonderbread. everything is always 1 step forward and 100 steps behind.



    THE TRUTH IS I WENT BACK IN TIME AND COTU PRODUCED THE BROWN HE-MAN TRYING TO STEAL THE THUNDER FROM UNDERNEATH THE NEWLY CONCEIVED HE-MAN FROM MATTEL. BUT WHEN WE BROUGHT THE MONEY WE MADE BACK TO THIS TIME WE ENDED UP POORER THAN WHEN WE LEFT
    Hey. Still no video, but my mother is getting better. Thanks everyone for the kind words. As far as remembering what figure we got at the show you gotta understand that most of us were under ten, at least the ones who are now posting on here anyway, and at the time I was not thinking hey I need to remember what toy I got here in case its rare or summin....I was thinking...SWEET He-Man! Live and he said hi to mE!!...or something like that. I am a pretty avid collector and I barly remember getting anything. The only reason I remember at all is because a few years ago going through my stuff at my folks house I came across the photo and some other stuff from our trip down there. Now I am not saying that wonderbread and the T-day parade or anything like that did not give these figures out, just that that is what my brother got at this thing.

  5. #1280
    KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,191
    im not outright discounting your memory or exprience but im prepared to discount all the copycats that will follow swearing to it.
    Last edited by galaxy warrior; April 4, 2008 at 05:46pm.

    THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

    http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

  6. #1281
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ludington, MI USA
    Posts
    742
    I guess that is where we are different. I barly remember where I got most of my figures as an adult, let alone when I was a child. I have a hard time remembering which year the exclusives came out at the comic con. All i really remember and care about is what I have, not where it came from and maybe that is why I dont remember. But you are right, people will probably "remember" now that they got this figure at the show now that I brought it up. I just hope its true for them, thats all. Some people may just need a kick start. I know I did. Thanks for reading guys!

  7. #1282
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    if i wouldve went i would have remembered. i can tell you where i got every one of my childhood motu figs.
    Exactly!!!

  8. #1283
    Heroic Warrior Ram_Man_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Lewistown PA
    Posts
    448
    And so, the Mystery goes yet unsolved I wish I had something new to report but, I haven't found anything else yet. I'm very close to going with the time machine theory that was mentioned
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

  9. #1284
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram_Man_21 View Post
    And so, the Mystery goes yet unsolved I wish I had something new to report but, I haven't found anything else yet. I'm very close to going with the time machine theory that was mentioned
    There's still the photo that motuxmen says he's getting. (which shows him and his brother with the figures in front of the theatre.)

  10. #1285
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ludington, MI USA
    Posts
    742
    As soon as I get the photo I will put it up. Maybe then we will have another part of the puzzel. I am not saying its the whole thing, but possibly another piece. But like I said before, not everyone remembers things as well as the two orgers that posted earlier. If that was the case, there would be no mystery at all. I guess I should let that go, but for some reason it hit a nerve with me...felt kinda like being called out or summin. Anyway, no hard feelings everyone is entitled to thier opinions, and I understand I am just a new guy on the site. Anyway, so when I get any photos or any other info I will post it on here. Have a great day everyone!

  11. #1286
    Etherian 626 gnewton34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    9,737
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    im not outright discounting your memory or exprience but im prepared to discount all the copycats that will follow swearing to it.

    if i wouldve went i would have remembered. i can tell you where i got every one of my childhood motu figs. infact i can pretty much list where i got nearly all my childhood toys from. even more so than i could tell you where i got stuff from in my adult collection.


    i went to the parade in 86 and i remember nearly the entire day and how much of a miserable time i had and how little i got to actually watch,how cold it was,how crowded and how my aunt was at her wits end.
    That's you and quite frankly you're being rude for no reason and need to step back. I went to the Power Tour when I was little and I remember nothing from it.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

    "If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

  12. #1287
    Heroic Warrior Trev-Or's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    As soon as I get the photo I will put it up. Maybe then we will have another part of the puzzel. I am not saying its the whole thing, but possibly another piece. But like I said before, not everyone remembers things as well as the two orgers that posted earlier. If that was the case, there would be no mystery at all. I guess I should let that go, but for some reason it hit a nerve with me...felt kinda like being called out or summin. Anyway, no hard feelings everyone is entitled to thier opinions, and I understand I am just a new guy on the site. Anyway, so when I get any photos or any other info I will post it on here. Have a great day everyone!
    motuxmen,
    Depending on how old you were when MOTU was in stores, I think it is safe to say that the ones who remember exact details about where/how they acquired their figures are the minority. I was ages 2-7 when the original MOTU was in toy stores. I hardly remember ANYTHING from this time period much less how I acquired all my toys. Don't let comments like this bother you.
    The fact is that there are a fair number of collectors who have been checking this thread periodically for some time now and have seen alot of potential theories come and go. Skepticism is natural given the history of this thread.

  13. #1288
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ludington, MI USA
    Posts
    742
    I agree with the skeptisism, no problem. I totally understand that, and thanks for the pep talk.lol I agree about the not remembering thing. Thanks again buddy.

  14. #1289
    Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sweden, Northern part
    Posts
    5,846
    MotuXmen, if you ever get ahold of that photo, you may very well turn out to be the Master of the UNIVERSE!!

    Tell me... the Skeletor, is he different in colour in some way? I'm thinking, a Savage Skelly would be awesome.

    In my own mind, he has a bare shirt, regular feet, not alien, black clothes and white skin. The skull is the same. Will be interesting to see if we can make it out.

    Glad to hear that you're mom is feeling better btw.

    I also think we should perhaps put Galaxy Warriors above post in some perspective by remembering that GW has said in the past that he has Aspergers Syndrome, wich means that it's quite possible that his post came out as more rude than he intended or understood, and also, that Aspergers can sometimes have the side-effect that you develop near-total recall.

    Wich would explain why he's in the minority that remembers all of this from his childhood. I'm more in the majority, can't remember more than like 3 toys where and how I got them, and hardly wich year it was. Heck, I can't remember what I did last week!

  15. #1290
    KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by gnewton34 View Post
    That's you and quite frankly you're being rude for no reason and need to step back. I went to the Power Tour when I was little and I remember nothing from it.
    how exactly am i being rude? i told him clearly that i didnt discount him but i will discount others who lie to be down. this happens ever couple of months. come on how many people here have sworn to remember getting it from wonderbread which ive stated numerous times wasnt possible.

    i do have a blunt edge to my words but thats mean im being rude. just honest!


    p.s. thanks predabot nice you to remember

    THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

    http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

  16. #1291
    He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    23,563
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    im not outright discounting your memory or exprience but im prepared to discount all the copycats that will follow swearing to it.

    if i wouldve went i would have remembered. i can tell you where i got every one of my childhood motu figs. infact i can pretty much list where i got nearly all my childhood toys from. even more so than i could tell you where i got stuff from in my adult collection.


    i went to the parade in 86 and i remember nearly the entire day and how much of a miserable time i had and how little i got to actually watch,how cold it was,how crowded and how my aunt was at her wits end.

    Sorry, not all of us have a steel trap memory of little moments of our childhood. Sure, I remember some such as when I bought Roboto and the Slime Pit, but hell if I can tell you when and where I bought Hordak. So let's not go attacking other's childhoods.

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    how exactly am i being rude? i told him clearly that i didnt discount him but i will discount others who lie to be down. this happens ever couple of months. come on how many people here have sworn to remember getting it from wonderbread which ive stated numerous times wasnt possible.
    Well, for one thing you are judging the person saying they should remember every little special moment from their childhood.

    This is a figure. If he posts the picture, then so be it. If he doesn't oh well. I repeat: this is an action figure. No need to get so worked up over.

    Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

  17. #1292
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ludington, MI USA
    Posts
    742
    Hey guys. GW I did not mean to call you out like this, I just wanted you to understand that I, like most of my friends, do not remember things like this as you had suggested we/I should or others do. And remember if I can find it my family does not only have this picture, but a video as well. And there are plenty of other kids in that video and I would be surprised if I am the only one that is still a MOTU fan, some might even be other orgers. So GW, I apologize for calling you out and starting this miny drama.lol Okay...anyway...

    THe skeletor I got does not appear to be any different than your standard as far as I can tell. I will take a few close-ups of it and you can tell me if its special in anyway. And the only way I know which one is the one Igot there is because I never got another regular skelator...only the variants like battle armor,dragon, claw, all those ones. On that note I do not know what the little variations in any of the classics even are for any of the figures. I will have to look those up. Okay so anyway.....I hope we can figure this whole mystery out for all masters fans that care to know, and I hope we can do it with out any further drama.lol Thanks guys, and again GW I apologize!

  18. #1293
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,864
    This may be a long-shot, but maybe someone could try contacting this guy:

    http://us.stagejobspro.com/view.php?uid=137840

    If you scroll down to the 1986-1987-1988 section, it says that he was involved with the He-Man and She-Ra tour. I know that's separate from the Universal Studios appearance but, seeing as how he's from Florida, he may know something about that too. Who knows, he may have some saved 'records' / know something about the free toys.

  19. #1294
    KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Sorry, not all of us have a steel trap memory of little moments of our childhood. Sure, I remember some such as when I bought Roboto and the Slime Pit, but hell if I can tell you when and where I bought Hordak. So let's not go attacking other's childhoods.



    Well, for one thing you are judging the person saying they should remember every little special moment from their childhood.

    This is a figure. If he posts the picture, then so be it. If he doesn't oh well. I repeat: this is an action figure. No need to get so worked up over.
    where are you reading this??? i never said anything against him what so ever and even posted again saying that i didnt. i didnt attack anyone. i just stated the fact that i wouldve remembered. and i also stated that if that was the place that the figure was given out then others wouldve remembered. but now its all under question because of the false claims of others. im doing nothing more then trying to keep facts straight. you as a moderator should be out to do the same. its the credibilty.... look at the toyfare article.

    THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

    http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

  20. #1295
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ludington, MI USA
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    where are you reading this??? i never said anything against him what so ever and even posted again saying that i didnt. i didnt attack anyone. i just stated the fact that i wouldve remembered. and i also stated that if that was the place that the figure was given out then others wouldve remembered. but now its all under question because of the false claims of others. im doing nothing more then trying to keep facts straight. you as a moderator should be out to do the same. its the credibilty.... look at the toyfare article.
    Hey GW.lol okay, what people are seeing is that you keep saying you are not saying anything personal towards me, but then you say.."but if it was true others would have remembered" and "I know I would have". You may not mean to come across that way, but basically you are calling me a liar.lol Thats what people are seeing. If we go by your logic though, the if it happened someone would have remember kind, this figure must not really exist since no one seems to remember (except me and that cant be true cuz no one else has said it) getting it.lol I totally understand your skepticism, as this seems to be the biggest toy mystery ever, but if you dismiss every claim you will never find the answer. I think the better tactic is the one used by historians and archologist...the one were you look into every claim till you prove it false/wrong. Like the above orger suggest, contact anyone associated with the tour/Universal Studios show and ask what they know, especally as you do not want to believe me. Anyway, like a said in my last post, I hope there are no hard feelings and I hope we can work together, not against each other. We all want the same thing here, an answer. Later buddy!

  21. #1296
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,976
    My take on this is that there isn't anything more to say on the subject until we see concrete proof. Folks should not be called out or discredited because they can't remember all the details either.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

  22. #1297
    Heroic Warrior Ram_Man_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Lewistown PA
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    My take on this is that there isn't anything more to say on the subject until we see concrete proof. Folks should not be called out or discredited because they can't remember all the details either.

    Yeah guys why are we fighting anyway? It's just wasting time on our real goal of solving this mystery. That is a great idea to contact that guy. I still have my gram keeping an eye out in the collector magazines she gets. I talked to her today and she said she's still keeping her eyes open for any MOTU stuff that might appear in them.
    Last edited by Ram_Man_21; April 3, 2008 at 01:51am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

  23. #1298
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,385
    Yo Rammy if you do decide to do the time machine theory. Lemme know I lost 10 bucks today and want to go back and find it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  24. #1299
    KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    Yo Rammy if you do decide to do the time machine theory. Lemme know I lost 10 bucks today and want to go back and find it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it wouldnt be worth it. thats why we only made brown he-man, because we thought all the money was awesome back in 1983 but when we got back to now it was worthless. and then the cops impounded the timemachine for being doubleparked and we couldnt even afford to get it back. but if you can get the money up the machine is in the brooklyn impound but see again it wouldnt be worth it as it would cost you alot more than 10 bux to get that 10 back

    THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

    http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

  25. #1300
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Arkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,973
    from other places of the web :



    phillinley
    Nov 18 2007, 07:30 PM

    They are definately real. I have one on my shelf (well, at the moment, he's in storage as I rebuild my shelf system), and got it back when I was a kid. I have the brown axe, but no other weapon. There has been discussions about other weapons that might have come with it, but I don't remember the WBH coming with any others. I used to love getting mail-aways as a kid. At the time it was the only way to get toys without leaving the house wink.gif

    Oh and as to the mystery of wether or not it was wonderbread, yes it was wonderbread. My aunt works at WB corporate and I sent her on a fact finding mission about it a few years ago, and she found paperwork on the mail-away. No flyers, just the accounting statements in the historical records on the promo. I'd have gladly have given this input on the he-man forums years ago, but sadly, their draconian user requirements have never allowed me to register on their site. (they require you to have a service provider issued e-mail. Never had one, never will, and if my credit card company and paypal are ok with my yahoo e-mail account, they should too.)

    And more
    Talked to my aunt at Thanksgiving, and she is retired right now, but told me of a co-worker I could talk to who she's worked with for about 20 years who might be able to help. So when I ask them, I'm going to be looking for a copy of the accounting records and looking for the Mattel-He-Man promotion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •