Page 54 of 99 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2452

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about that MotuXmen... I think the mythbusters guys would be able to take a regular he-man and a Wonderbread one apart, and make all sorts of comparisons.

Like the way the mold has shaped the parts, the quality of the plastic, the composition of the plastic compared to other known knock-offs and the official figures. Probably even carbon-dating to determine how old it is, and so forth.

It could prove truly interesting, really.

But naturally I want you to keep your investigation going, I think you really do seem to be on to something. Now, if that video and photo could just come trough the mail... Have you phoned your brother daily, MoX ( I can call you mox, right?), to see if he has REALLY posted it? I know that sometimes, we can all drag out something a long, long while, if we don't feel that passionately about it.
    Yeah, maybe that mythbuster thing is a good idea..Ill shoot um an email from their site if everyone thinks thats a good idea. And you can call me anything you want...just not late for dinner. Anyway...Yep he sent the photo, he said. He is kinda unrealible at times so I will keep on him. My mom has still not found the video yet, but she has not spent a lot of time looking either, since shes not in the best of health. But she will find it I am sure. Im trying to talk my brother into sending me the figure too....but I cant be to pushy or he will want a bunch of money or something.lol

keep up motuxmen, everyday i look foward to read from you, and about that picture and tv show? When's that surfacing?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    keep up motuxmen, everyday i look foward to read from you, and about that picture and tv show? When's that surfacing?

My brother said he mailed the photo out last week and usually takes 5-10 business days for it to get to me. So early next week late this week for the photo I am guessing. As for the video of the show, I do not have a timetable as it has not been found in my mothers belongings and she has not put it on the top of the list of the things to do because of health and other complications. However she said she is looking when she gets up to it. Thanks for the appriciation!

Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    My brother said he mailed the photo out last week and usually takes 5-10 business days for it to get to me. So early next week late this week for the photo I am guessing. As for the video of the show, I do not have a timetable as it has not been found in my mothers belongings and she has not put it on the top of the list of the things to do because of health and other complications. However she said she is looking when she gets up to it. Thanks for the appriciation!
    having the photo on its way is already a great deal! can't wait to see it

Heroic Warrior
    I just got this email from someone who must be a lurker here. And I am not sure how he got my email, must have guessed the yahoo one since thats where I got it, but anyway, he has a blog and says he just picked up a WB figure in a box of MOTU stuff at the flea market. Lucky him right. Heres is blog. So I am guessing someone had it as a kid and it just got tossed in with the box of toys. Maybe this man can try to find out where this box came form. I will write him back. If nothing else he made a terrific buy at 5 bucks for the whole lot!

http://toyriffic.blogspot.com/2008/0...ail-of-he.html

Keep up the good work motuxmen.

'tis cool you're following up on the Wonder Bread 'leads', and also thinking outside of the bread box.

Yeah, I know, that was a very cheesy joke.

I just got this email from someone who must be a lurker here. And I am not sure how he got my email, must have guessed the yahoo one since thats where I got it, but anyway, he has a blog and says he just picked up a WB figure in a box of MOTU stuff at the flea market. Lucky him right. Heres is blog. So I am guessing someone had it as a kid and it just got tossed in with the box of toys. Maybe this man can try to find out where this box came form. I will write him back. If nothing else he made a terrific buy at 5 bucks for the whole lot!

http://toyriffic.blogspot.com/2008/0...ail-of-he.html
    Wierd... Why does he have his bracelets painted?
    Did I miss something that suddenly these guys also had their bracelets painted?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    oh of course...

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

I agree it does raise some suspicion, but since the paint / pen? on the bracelets looks kinda sloppy, while the rest of him looks clean / matches the coloring on the other pics I've seen online, it almost makes me think there's a possibility a kid colored those in.

Heroic Warrior

Not sure. Didnt notice that first time around. keeps getting stranger....but its more info..I am currently on the phone with interstate/wonderbread right now..lol....got more confirmations. and they are trying to get stuff to fax me as we speak. Ive talked to like 10 people today.lol My ear hurts....Ill keep you updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I agree it does raise some suspicion, but since the paint / pen? on the bracelets looks kinda sloppy, while the rest of him looks clean / matches the coloring on the other pics I've seen online, it almost makes me think there's a possibility a kid colored those in.

I agree...looks like some kid painted it to match the armor...which tells me it came with the black armor. Makes sense right? why else would it have been painted black?
    Last edited by motuxmen; April 7, 2008 at 04:06pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I relatively new to these boards but have become absolutely enthralled by the spectacle of Wonder Bread He-Man. I don't have the figure, I wish I did. Motuxmen, I think it's really cool that you are putting so much time and effort into all of this. I salute you, you truly are a Masters fan.

I'm itching to add something to all of this.

Actually, I've attempted to tap the local resorces to investigate this. Nothing may come of it but heck it's something.

Heroic Warrior
    Okay, so I just got off the phone with the copr/legal dept at interstate bakery. They can not fax any accounting or other records from continatal for legal reasons, however They are going to write on company letterhead and fax and mail me a letter similair to the email I was provided confirming again that they did have a wonderbread he-man mail away. THey said they do not have all of the old records, so there may be some floating around out there and the lady I spoke to gave me some leads of people to speak to. To me this proves that the Wonderbread figure does in fact exsist and that is a huge step! When the company gives you written conformation on comapny letter head and you get sevral people on the phone confirming also I think thats a huge plus! How does everyone else feel? I will still be doing more research!

Not sure. Didnt notice that first time around. keeps getting stranger....but its more info..I am currently on the phone with interstate/wonderbread right now..lol....got more confirmations. and they are trying to get stuff to fax me as we speak. Ive talked to like 10 people today.lol My ear hurts....Ill keep you updated!

I agree...looks like some kid painted it to match the armor...which tells me it came with the black armor. Makes sense right? why else would it have been painted black?
    the armor is from the weps pack. 90% or more of kids had the weps pack. so having the armor is common place.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    the armor is from the weps pack. 90% or more of kids had the weps pack. so having the armor is common place.
    cant say I agree that 90% had it, I didnt and I dont personally know anyone that did. Plus it seems that several of the other ones I have seen have had this armor. Idoubt kids from all over the place did the same thing with the armor. Seems to much of a coincidence to me. anyway that is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I know I painted my figs when I was a kid even...

But yeah, the belt and furries are cast in the correct color.
    I don't know if that is indeed black on the bracelets, could be gold, that old green/gold like you see on the Teela figs. It clearly has been worn off in spots.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior
    So what do you guys think about getting a fax from Wonderbread confirming that the figure is theirs? I have it in my hand right now. Not any different than the email really, except it is on company letterhead. Seems pretty proffy to me! I dont know about you guys but I am stoked!!

Nah, that doesn't make it official.
    But thanks to you and the other diligent fans who keep trying to get some concrete info!

We're going to need actual proof:
    The documentation from back in the day showing the deal was done.
    Actual samples from their office (which they won't have).
    Scans of the offer as it was shown to consumers.
    Etc.

Considering for the longest time they said they didn't know of any mailaway, it makes no sense to switch gears nearly 3 decades after the figure existed,
    especially when the news come from someone who wasn't even there when the promotion was done.
    I can only imagine they are finally giving into the rumor, or just mixing up the trading card set with the figure.

BTW, the black armor was very common.
    Those accessory packs were all over the place.

While they may not have had the accessory pack, almost every kid I knew in school swamped armor around, heck, even switched arms at time because you could pop 'em off.

Almost all of these Savage He-Mans are turning up bare-chested.
    So the toyarchive.com shot I think is just a matter of a kid putting that armor on their barechested He-Man and it stayed that way.
    Same goes for pairing up the maroon weapons with a weaponless He-Man.
    If you don't remember where the maroon weapons came with, and you have a loose weaponless He-Man, it would seem like a perfect marriage, no?

So we're back to square one.
    Now we await the hopeful uncovery of your childhood photos and/or video showing the giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    But thanks to you and the other diligent fans who keep trying to get some concrete info!

Etc.

Considering for the longest time they said they didn't know of any mailaway, it makes no sense to switch gears nearly 3 decades after the figure existed,
    especially when the news come from someone who wasn't even there when the promotion was done.

Almost every kid I knew in school swamped armor around, heck, even switched arms at time because you could pop 'em off.

Now we await the hopeful uncovery of your childhood photos and/or video showing the giveaway.

exactly. i agree, and with out the proof examples you mentioned it will never be fact. but man if someone can suply legit paperwork , mocks,concepts,transparentcies something from the conceptual aspect on said promo.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

Etc.

I can only imagine they are finally giving into the rumor, or just mixing up the trading card set with the figure.

While they may not have had the accessory pack, almost every kid I knew in school swamped armor around, heck, even switched arms at time because you could pop 'em off.

Almost all of these Savage He-Mans are turning up bare-chested.
    So the toyarchive.com shot I think is just a matter of a kid putting that armor on their barechested He-Man and it stayed that way.
    Same goes for pairing up the maroon weapons with a weaponless He-Man.
    If you don't remember where the maroon weapons came with, and you have a loose weaponless He-Man, it would seem like a perfect marriage, no?

Id like someone to show me where the compnay officially said it did not know of this give away?its not just some guy. this went throught and was approved by the company including the lawyers and exec. I have names of three or four people that signed off on this. The company sent this, not just some guy. You show me where the company has officially denied this then Ill accept that, but I have not seen that denail anywhere. I read where a few people said that. Not the company. Not on letter head, not signed off on by the legal department.

Everyone is saying that the company has denied this. I have not seen anything that comes close to a company denial. But I have a company confirmation saying they did have a mail away he-man titled Wonderbread He-man. If a company comes out and says yep we did this, I have a hard time saying...well no you didnt because some guy told this other guy that you didnt? Seems crazy to me to take the word of some guy over an official relase from the company. It is legally binding, which is why the lawyers signed off on it. And I will find the offer somewhere. Or more documents. I have a request into the IRS for Continetals Tax returns from 1980-1989 becuase I was told there were some right offs involved with this give away. I understand wanting more, but to dismiss this becuase you or someone you know might have talked to someone back in the day that didnt know what was going on is silly. You show me your letter form continental,interstate,or wonderbread and Ill accept that. But I have not seen anything close to an officail denail. I do have however an official confirmation from the company.

Id like someone to show me where the compnay officially said it did not know of this give away?its not just some guy. this went throught and was approved by the company including the lawyers and exec. I have names of three or four people that signed off on this. The company sent this, not just some guy. You show me where the company has officially denied this then Ill accept that, but I have not seen that denail anywhere. I read where a few people said that. Not the company. Not on letter head, not signed off on by the legal department.

Everyone is saying that the company has denied this. I have not seen anything that comes close to a company denial. But I have a company confirmation saying they did have a mail away he-man titled Wonderbread He-man. If a company comes out and says yep we did this, I have a hard time saying...well no you didnt because some guy told this other guy that you didnt? Seems crazy to me to take the word of some guy over an official relase from the company. It is legally binding, which is why the lawyers signed off on it. And I will find the offer somewhere. Or more documents. I have a request into the IRS for Continetals Tax returns from 1980-1989 becuase I was told there were some right offs involved with this give away. I understand wanting more, but to dismiss this becuase you or someone you know might have talked to someone back in the day that didnt know what was going on is silly. You show me your letter form continental,interstate,or wonderbread and Ill accept that. But I have not seen anything close to an officail denail. I do have however an official confirmation from the company.
    they never denied, in fact if you send an email to wonder bread asking this questions they'll have a built response email saying something like " thank you but we no longer have the he-man figure promotion going on "

The thing is, this wb he-man thing has gotten so big that nobody will believe it if wb or any other company say they mailed this figure away in the 80's

It's like a guy coming to public and saying, I killed JFK, people just wont believe, same thing happens to the big foot, there's a guy who claims to have been paid by patterson to be dressed up as Big Foot, and everything matches clearly, he was big foot, but because the thing has gotten so big, people will only believe when someone comes up with the time machine.

But the thing that keeps me writting on this thread is that i can't make my peace with it, there are just some things that match correctly saying it's legit and some matching correctly proving it wrong.

I know I painted my figs when I was a kid even...

But yeah, the belt and furries are cast in the correct color.
    I don't know if that is indeed black on the bracelets, could be gold, that old green/gold like you see on the Teela figs. It clearly has been worn off in spots.
    Aye! I agree!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Warrior
    They were talking about him on Toyfare magazine.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    they never denied, in fact if you send an email to wonder bread asking this questions they'll have a built response email saying something like " thank you but we no longer have the he-man figure promotion going on "

The thing is, this wb he-man thing has gotten so big that nobody will believe it if wb or any other company say they mailed this figure away in the 80's

It's like a guy coming to public and saying, I killed JFK, people just wont believe, same thing happens to the big foot, there's a guy who claims to have been paid by patterson to be dressed up as Big Foot, and everything matches clearly, he was big foot, but because the thing has gotten so big, people will only believe when someone comes up with the time machine.

But the thing that keeps me writting on this thread is that i can't make my peace with it, there are just some things that match correctly saying it's legit and some matching correctly proving it wrong.

Thats the best explination to the denials I have heard to date. However, I have an "Official" release from the Interstate Bakery Company saying, yes our company did in fact have a mail away we called the wonderbread he-man. When I was talking to the Media Relations/PR Manager, her name is Nicole Apria (not sure I spelled her last name right) she stated that anything they release has to be approved by the legal department and the executive of the division and she also when I first called had no idea what I was talking about and called me a nerd (lol) but then she went through some papers and called her boss over and I heard him say "yes we had a release we called "Wonderbread " He-Man when I was working for continatal". She said yes "I can officially confirm the wonderbread company did a promotional mail away He-Man figure". I have that in writting in my hand on company letter head right now! Its crazy to me that I am the only one that thinks this is great! I will have more proof, I promise that, I will have the tax returns from this contintal bakery, I will somehow find the wonderbread offer, but for now I am stoked to have a letter from the company!

I like your level of persistance motuxmen and I really do wish it were enough.

It's like the UFO phenomenom really, the scientist will only ever believe aliens exist if they find a body or a front seat from their space craft or something like that. Val pretty much laid it out realistically in his post. I really like your tax idea though, you seem to be approching it from a different angle than most and that's what we need right now if were ever going to solve this mystery. Non conventional thinking.

Like I mentioned, I have reseach brewing too.

Keep at it though, you've provided this thread a noticable spark.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    I like your level of persistance motuxmen and I really do wish it were enough.

It's like the UFO phenomenom really, the scientist will only ever believe aliens exist if they find a body or a front seat from their space craft or something like that. Val pretty much laid it out realistically in his post. I really like your tax idea though, you seem to be approching it from a different angle than most and that's what we need right now if were ever going to solve this mystery. Non conventional thinking.

Like I mentioned, I have reseach brewing too.

Keep at it though, you've provided this thread a noticable spark.
    Thanks for the backpat, sometimes thats all i need.lol I realize that this is not enough to call this closed, but it does seem to be a huge step in the right direction, one that to this point no one else seems to be able to contidcate with anything but hearsay and rumors. I have actual documentation, enough or not, and everyone seems to be blowing it off. Its not the body of the alien (to go with your analogy) but it is a DNA Match and a blood trail! The IRS said it could take 3-4 weeks for me to get the records. we will see how that turns out.