Page 56 of 99 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2454

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=Predabot;1914348]There ain't nuthin' like the good ol' IRS..

You don't mess with the IRS, they will mess you up beyond recognition.

I say, the IRS appear to be the only ones that talks the kind of language that former Wonderbread and Mattel understands, PURE Money-Pain.

The very fear of having your thumbs twisted around until they tear and begin to blead will be enough.

So let's have 'em speak their language.

And one more week of waiting, eh Mox? Well I can't wait to see it.

Yeah hopefully just a week. Actually it could be in the next couple of days, but I dont want to get people to excited for something that may take longer ya know. Plus I didnt want people to say hey you said it would be here already, ya know.

I do not know if the IRS tactic would scare either company, unless I find some kind of accounting irregularity I could use to blackmail...just kidding about the blackmail part....but I was hoping to find some type of deduction or write of that was used as part of the promotion, like advertising which would by law be required to have an example, or some type of income/spending, or a contract with Mattel which also would have had to be included because of copyright issues.

I found a website that had some interesting info on it. heres what it says....

These are all childs-play to obtain compared to the rarest of all figures in the He-Man collection. In 1982 Mattel teamed up with Wonderbread to offer a mail-away He-Man figure. With the line being relativly new, not many of these figures were actually mailed out to respondants. This would have been okay, with the minor exception that it had Dark brown hair, black belt, dark brown shorts, dark brown boots and a brown axe. A completely different figure. Due to the lack of ordering, today this very hard-to-find He-Man figure commands $300 plus dollars on the secondary market for a mint complete specimen.

Got an email into him asking where he got his info. Pretty detailed...maybe he know something we dont.....heres the address also if anyone wants to check it out, but I bet one email will be enough, dont want to swamp the guy. Promise if I find anything I will let you all know...

So I was reading through an order that Interstate got a few years back that came after it was sued by the FCC that it has to for the next twenty years realease information regarding any promotions it does, upon request. Including video tapes and ads, all that stuff. I wonder if this may have something to do with these new developments.....just a thought.....
    Last edited by motuxmen; April 8, 2008 at 02:53pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

One quick thought on the company letter issue.

People are saying they tried before and got a responce back that they never did a promotion.

Its possible that because of all the previous attempts to get info on it,this time they decided to dig and actually found something instead of just blowing it off and saying "we never did".

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    One quick thought on the company letter issue.

People are saying they tried before and got a responce back that they never did a promotion.

Its possible that because of all the previous attempts to get info on it,this time they decided to dig and actually found something instead of just blowing it off and saying "we never did".
    they did not deny a thing they just said they no longer had the promotion going on, just email the company and see the scripted response yourself

Heroic Warrior
    I know this may just be another rumor, or a few people not knowing whats going on or whatever but anyway I thought I'd throw it out for everyone to debate anyway. I talked to a few people from Canada and Mexico last night, collectors. I was asking about variations in MOTU figures and a few of them brought up an interesting one. A he-man figure with brown hair and boots, with a bark belt and a black armor. One said he thought it came with maroon weapons. Sounded a lot like WB/Savage he-man so I asked a few more questions. They did not remember where it came from or who of their friends had it but they called it "evil he-man" and thought it came out real early in the line. These people had also never heard of wonderbread he-man either. I asked that after I got the info on this evil he-man so I didnt influnce anything they said. Two of the people I was talking to said they think they could get some older photos of it as well as more info and they said they would get back to me. Maybe its nothing, but it might be something anyway. Just wanted to relay what I heard/learned.

that sounds awesome dude, but what exactly is a bark belt? seriously, this keeps getting more interesting at the time, if you're able to post the pics here+video+mexican pics of evil he-man you may cause the forums to big bang

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    that sounds awesome dude, but what exactly is a bark belt? seriously, this keeps getting more interesting at the time, if you're able to post the pics here+video+mexican pics of evil he-man you may cause the forums to big bang

Bark belt, ya know looks like wood, brownish.....okay okay I meant dark belt. lol Geez. Im at work here and I gotta type fast, not sure the boss would like me spending the governments time on toys, ya know.lol

Heroic Warrior
    Irrrrrrrrrrrvin !

Irrrrrrrrrrrvin !

Oh.....I thought you were talking about IRS , the wrestler

I definitely believe it was available outside of the US too......
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post
    Irrrrrrrrrrrvin !

Irrrrrrrrrrrvin !

Oh.....I thought you were talking about IRS , the wrestler

I definitely believe it was available outside of the US too......
    Guess I missed that refernce........

I did a quick internet search of evil he-man and ran across a post by some kid on yahoo looking for the evil he-man figure and the description is a dead ringer for WB he-man. so maybe there is some substance to these claims......interesting

Heroic Warrior
    For those interested I got confirmation that two years worth of tax documnets have been sent to me from the IRS, they are working on the other 8. And I put a request into the State of Missouri for the return records they have, since Continental Bakery had its Corp office in St. Louis and Cont. was the owner of Wonderbread during the entire MOTU run. Anyway, at least Ill have some stuff to do after work for the next couple of weeks, digging through tax records....lol...so if anyone is board let me know I could use some help!

Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    For those interested I got confirmation that two years worth of tax documnets have been sent to me from the IRS, they are working on the other 8. And I put a request into the State of Missouri for the return records they have, since Continental Bakery had its Corp office in St. Louis and Cont. was the owner of Wonderbread during the entire MOTU run. Anyway, at least Ill have some stuff to do after work for the next couple of weeks, digging through tax records....lol...so if anyone is board let me know I could use some help!
    I'd love to help you go through documents. I'll be a bit tied down until mid May with school but I should be able to devote an hour hear and there to it. So if you wanna mail me some documents to go through motuxmen just let me know!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev-Or View Post
    I'd love to help you go through documents. I'll be a bit tied down until mid May with school but I should be able to devote an hour hear and there to it. So if you wanna mail me some documents to go through motuxmen just let me know!!!

Thanks. If I get all the stuff I requested I may take you, and if anyone else wants to, up on the offer. I am guesing its gonna be in the area of 10,000 to 15,000 pages of numbes and text, so not sure I will be able to effectivly go through it. I can give you some tips on what to look for to speed up the process so you wont get side tracked reading about other strange tax crap.lol And from my experience thats what most of its gonna be.lol
    Last edited by motuxmen; April 9, 2008 at 06:42pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    Don't mind what others say motuxmen, keep up the good fight! Who knows, maybe you'll be the one to crack the case and go down in MOTU history!

But you do have to understand where the others are coming from. For the last 10 or so years (probably longer, but 10 years for me at least) this figure has been known about in the collector's market, many claims have been made about it's origin, none of which have been able to be verified. After such a long time of dead ends, it's going to be extremely hard to prove to anyone about the definitive origin without some insanely well documented proof. It stinks, I know, but that's just the way it needs to be for people to actually believe it.

With that said, keep searching! You've definitely have some very interesting leads! I cannot wait to see the picture/video! While it may not prove that the figure was JUST a giveaway at the tour, it will show one way in which this figure was distributed to a number of kids, which is a lot more than we currently know (that being absolutely nothing!)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    it wouldnt be worth it. thats why we only made brown he-man, because we thought all the money was awesome back in 1983 but when we got back to now it was worthless. and then the cops impounded the timemachine for being doubleparked and we couldnt even afford to get it back. but if you can get the money up the machine is in the brooklyn impound but see again it wouldnt be worth it as it would cost you alot more than 10 bux to get that 10 back
    Hey....I've got a deal for you/or idea, but since it's my idea we have to do it together. Find out what the towing and storage bill is and I'll pay it, even if I've got to get a 2nd mortage because it'll pay off in the end. Next, we'll go and get a 2007 Sports Almanac and Marty McFly and Doc Brown it back to the early 80's. Then we'll Biff if back to 2008 and become The Forbes top bread winners for the 25th year in a row..........and of course we could also pick up some cool MOC MOTU along the way. Sounds good, huh!:mwink:

Oh, I almost forgot. We could also find out about this Savage He-Man and keep it a secret until the launch of the New He-Man Org. We would be bigger than He-Man himself......well almost
    Last edited by Warpigs; April 9, 2008 at 09:34pm.
    Warpigs Feedback Thread Selling/Buying/Trading
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=173127

\m/(^_^)\m/

MotuXmen, you are doing an awsome job keep up the good work and keep us posted on anything and everything that you find out. Thanks bro.
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

Heroic Warrior kylefromdirtnapp's Avatar
    Keep searching! I love reading about this, and if someone does find out where he really came from, I'm gonna be sad that the search is over. Then again, some people would never believe it, even if they saw a Savage He-Man, MIB hanging in a store display, or a box full of bagged ones being given away in front of the Mattel headquarters.
    I'm going to stop collecting toys and start smoking crack. Crack is cheaper and less addictive.
    My collections and trade/sale stuff

I found this custom 200x Wonder Bread/Savage He-Man on Ebay. I couldn't post the link because it's still an active auction, so here's the pick.

Can some PLEASE PM me on how to get the actual picture posted. Yes, I did go to the How To's section, but for some reason I can't get it to work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Warpigs; April 10, 2008 at 03:50pm.

\m/(^_^)\m/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by warpigs View Post
    I found this custom 200x Wonder Bread/Savage He-Man on Ebay. I couldn't post the link because it's still an active auction, so here's the pick.

Can some PLEASE PM me on how to get the actual picture posted. Yes, I did go to the How To's section, but for some reason I can't get it to work.
    Hey. I saw this the other day. Pretty cool. Wish I had any skill at all in the art department.lol Hey should have made up a mail away type paper from wonderbread too.....

On another note, is anyone from Missouri? Kinda hitting a dead end with the state in getting the tax records, if someone could go to the capital I might be able to get them. I live a few thousand miles away, so I doubt I can. Anyway, let me know if anyone is willing to help out and I will give you the info you need. Thanks.

Ty

Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    Hey. I saw this the other day. Pretty cool. Wish I had any skill at all in the art department.lol
    You and me both. However I don't think that coloring a figure would be too tough, but I could be wrong. It's making these 100% custom figures I wish I had the talent and time for. Not to mention I wish I had 1/2 the artistic ability that some of the people here have.

\m/(^_^)\m/

Heroic Warrior
    You and me both. However I don't think that coloring a figure would be too tough, but I could be wrong. It's making these 100% custom figures I wish I had the talent and time for. Not to mention I wish I had 1/2 the artistic ability that some of the people here have.

I am with ya there. Imagine having a father, brother, and sister that are great at it, and not being able to draw a good stick figure. CHeck my pops stuff out...okay so enough with the plug, back to wonder bread he-man/savage heman/evil he-man/universal powertour he-man..etc....will be nice when we have areal name for this thing.lol

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...r /> t=158747

Just finished speaking with a Weston Bakery rep (the Canada version of wonderbread) and they have owned the company since prior to motu coming out. They said they did not do a wonderbread he-man up there. I asked them to double check, as the person seemed to just be going on memory and they said they would. But it looks like if WB He-man was an international relese it definatly was not done by WB then. At least the international one anyway. Has one of these shown up overseas yet? A confirmed one anyway. All I remember is the USA ones. Ill keep you all posted......
    Last edited by motuxmen; April 10, 2008 at 04:46pm.

Heroic Warrior kylefromdirtnapp's Avatar

I think that was Camuflado's, a member here.
    I'm going to stop collecting toys and start smoking crack. Crack is cheaper and less addictive.
    My collections and trade/sale stuff

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Hmm... good question. Has someone ACTUALLY ever seen a legitimate WB He-man outside of USA? One that hasn't been imported, not even back in the 80's imported.

i think a guy from holland had one, he's an ORGer

Heroic Warrior
    i think a guy from holland had one, he's an ORGer
    Do you know how or where he got it? The only overseas people I know that have them have all bought them from USA owners. Anyway if he or anyone else reads this that has one please let me know if it actually was acquired in a country other than USA. I realise that its gonna be near impossible to be 100% positive, as we are unsure where this thing came from, but a educated guess will be good enough for now.

If it did show up overseas, that expands the possibilities of its origins I think. I do not think that any overseas ones would have come from wonder bread, as any office I have contact outside USA says it is sure it did not have that promotion. Chances are that it was distubitied by more than one vendor and each one had limited numbers of them. That would go a long way to explain why no one remembers them, IMO. Anyway, I am curious to find out where other people think this may have come from. And a reason why they think it came from that place. Not looking for random guessing, but an answer with credible explination. The more place I have to look into, the better chance we have of finally figuring this out. And with my training and school and life experience I may be able to get more info than the average person. Again, I am not trying to brag or discount anyone elses abilities, but I feel I am a little more experienced and maybe a little more apt to get some answers. If anyone disagrees, hey I am open to critizim (as long as its not just rude). Anyway....if anyone has an idea please post it! I need some others to help out and bounce ideas around and I dont want to go back and re-read 55 pages of text.

Quote Originally Posted by pH6 View Post
    Just a custom? That makes me feel so much better for passing one up in a flea-market in Oulu, Finland back in about 1995, when I had no idea a Wonder Bread He-Man was even being discussed somewhere. They asked 5 marks (about $1 at the time) for it, but I didn't know.

Since myself, crawatt or a friend of his did not buy it, some kid somewhere in Oulu might make pile of dough with it, unless it's been destroyed by playing a little rough with it.
    It was Finland, the guy is ph6

Heroic Warrior
    It was Finland, the guy is ph6

Thanks buddy. JUst pm'ed him. Hope he might have a few answers. Or leads anyway.

Ty