Page 70 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2642

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Count me in on the neck lift as well with Savage He-Man
    Luke
    http://www.lofftaptoys.com
    Lofftap's MOTU COLLECTION ALBUM! more to COME!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=21360

Quote Originally Posted by fatman View Post
    I can confirm that, 5 / 7 of my Savage He-Men has that lift.
    You have 7?!?! Damn dude....no wonder they are getting scarce...
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

LOL and you were surprisingly asking ME why i had 2

well maybe one of these days i will sell him to you

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman View Post
    Awesome !!!
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; December 11, 2009 at 07:10am.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Widget
    hi there everyone! new to the forum.
    Just wanted to say that i think it's really cool that Mattel is going to release wonderbread/savage he man "for real" in the classics series. Recently started collecting Motu, my favourite toys of the 80's. and have just now started taking interest in all the weird and rare variants. Savage he-man being the weirdest I think.

Happy new year everyone!

*** Please be sure to post for sale / purchase requests in the correct Marketplace forum. Thanks! ***

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but in light of the upcoming release of MOTUC Wun-Dar, i thought now would be the opportune moment to go over over the story of who exactly the Savage He-Man is.
    I did a couple of youtube videos that basically recapped our current knowledge..or lack thereof..of the origins of this mythical He-Man varient.
    Full props go to the intrepid investigators of He-Man.org as the content of the video is basically a run down of all of the information that has been gathered in this thread over the years.
    I pretty much spent the entirety of one of my Sundays threading the entire thread and making cliffnotes of the elements of note, and distilled it into a couple of videos that joe-Shmo who knows nothing about the saga can watch and maybe get an appreciation of the history behind the upcoming MOTUC Wun-Dar.
    I didn't mention a few minor elements for time, but i think i covered all the main points. Whether you agree with the interpretation or not is up to you!
    The Mystery of Wun-Dar Part 1:The Toy, The Myth, The Legend

and :
    The Mystery of Wun-Dar Part 2:The Lawsuit and Myths Busted

Woo. Good job, Jii Dee. I'm just about to start the second one.

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    Great vid, dude!! A total recap of all 70 pages of this thread, Well Done!!
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Thank yee. i was hesitant about posting this here lest some old timer be all "meeehhh you're doing it wrong!" *shakes stick in mock fury*

Shows Hard work does playoff! Nice work buddy! I think everyone should take a look at this before they get their hands on the MOTUC Wun-Dar, even if your like me who has probably read this thread 300 times over by now, it's still a great recap! BRAVO!
    Luke
    http://www.lofftaptoys.com
    Lofftap's MOTU COLLECTION ALBUM! more to COME!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=21360

wow.. all this controversy/conspiracy/insert favorite word here gives me a headache
    Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers; the next day you're gone... But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of other houses... A yard like a lot of other yards... On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is... After all these years, I still look back with wonder...

Meeehhh you're doing it wrong!

Just kidding! Cool videos! They should just close this thread and put your videos on the front page.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Good video summing up all the (lack of) info

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Great videos. Finally got around to watching them.

Really the 20 minutes you spend talking about this thread though makes it seem so fast and trivial yet I have been reading this thread longer than I have actually been a member here. Looking back through all the people that have posted in this thread that have come and gone. The days, weeks, months and years that have been spent seeking answers.

I used to really be interested in this, but now I almost avoid it because it drove too many of us crazy over the years. Too funny...

These videos are perfect for someone who hasn't been following it from the start and still gives them pretty good perspective while cutting out a lot of the auctions and false leads over the years.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Great videos Jii Dee. Looks like you took a lot of time and effort making this videos.

This is my theory: Savage He-man or Wonderbread He-man was a production error made in Taiwan. Since there was a going back and forth between producing or not producing Conan, the factory in Taiwan produced several He-man with the wrong color codes - brown hair & black boots. These He-man were never carded, somehow got to the USA, and either given away or destroyed. Of course, not all of them were destroyed because we can still find them popping around once in a while or are part of someone's collection.
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

No guys, He-Man hasn't been scultped as Conan.
    Conan license was long abandoned when Roger Sweet created the first MOTU concepts and there is NO way this figure is realted to Conan.

i want a wundar now!

Thank you to eveyone who has commented on the videos. I don't claim to be an expert in such things, but i did my best to take the most pertinant theories and bits of scant info that people have peiced together over the years and lay it out in a fashion such that someone who knows nothing of the controversy surrounding him could get an idea as to why his choice as a subscriber figure is so awesome.

I put the relatively short length of the videos in relation to how long this thread has been going, entirely down to the complete lack of any concrete info. I could have spent ages talking about the myriad theories that surround him, but i didn't see the point as at the end of the day they're just theories with no proof behind them, and i wished to inform rather than confuse.

A few people have also asked why i didn't cover the "belly button" that Savage He-Man figures tend to have, or the tendancy of the heads to lift. While these are interesting points, i thought that their inclusion would just muddy the waters, and in the end didn't contribute much to the story.

Its almost certain that whatever their origins, alot of these Savage He-Man figures are actually genuine Mattel products. Remember that Mattel has never(to my knowledge) denied that they may be their own product, they just don't have any records of him anymore.
    So minor points like the belly buttons and the lifting head can be simply put down to..whatever long lost mold Mattel used had these features, so its entirely natural for alot of the "confirmed" genuine articles to share these characteristics.

talking about similarities, i think i got a new one.

I been comparing both my wonder bread he-mans to find out that none of them has the inner head peg, you know the little loose plastic thing that shows when you pop off the head? can anyone else confirm this please??

Quote Originally Posted by Jii Dee View Post
    Thank you to eveyone who has commented on the videos. I don't claim to be an expert in such things, but i did my best to take the most pertinant theories and bits of scant info that people have peiced together over the years and lay it out in a fashion such that someone who knows nothing of the controversy surrounding him could get an idea as to why his choice as a subscriber figure is so awesome.

I put the relatively short length of the videos in relation to how long this thread has been going, entirely down to the complete lack of any concrete info. I could have spent ages talking about the myriad theories that surround him, but i didn't see the point as at the end of the day they're just theories with no proof behind them, and i wished to inform rather than confuse.

A few people have also asked why i didn't cover the "belly button" that Savage He-Man figures tend to have, or the tendancy of the heads to lift. While these are interesting points, i thought that their inclusion would just muddy the waters, and in the end didn't contribute much to the story.

Its almost certain that whatever their origins, alot of these Savage He-Man figures are actually genuine Mattel products. Remember that Mattel has never(to my knowledge) denied that they may be their own product, they just don't have any records of him anymore.
    So minor points like the belly buttons and the lifting head can be simply put down to..whatever long lost mold Mattel used had these features, so its entirely natural for alot of the "confirmed" genuine articles to share these characteristics.
    Jii Dee,

Your video was a much needed addition to this thread and executed 100% appropriately in my opinion. You laid down the facts and nothing more. No reason to go into into all the nitty gritty when 95% is pure speculation. If someone wants any more detail they can certainly read this thread.

LONG LIVE THE MYSTERY OF SAVAGE HE-MAN!!!

My brother and I bought that baggie WB He-man back in July 2000 off of ebay.

It was a shot in the dark but we couldn't resist. Who could?

IF it is not the mail away everyone was hoping, we at least got a Savage He-Man figure out of it and part of He-man history.

These things are legit Mattel products. I find it fun that this toy line has something that not even the manufacturer can not explain.

Take care guys!

I just purchased a child hood collection from someone and the collection had 3 Savage He-man's in it. All 3 say Mattel Inc 1981 Taiwan. I actually listed one of them tonight.

Here is a pic of all 3 together

I asked if they remember how or where they obtained it, they did not recall, but when I mentioned the possibility of it being a mail away, they said "Oh yeah, these were the ones we got in the mail"

Take it for what it's worth. I know it doesn't prove anything , but still adds intrigue.
    Like anyone could even know that

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    Hey Arkangel I can confirm mine does not have the inner plug as well.
    Thexxwatcherxx's Needs List 2016:

MOTUC SDCC Exclusive Rotar Vs. Twistoid;
    Super 7 MOTU MUSCLE Lavender NerdBlock edition MOC
    My Vintage Needs List:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...23#post3685723

Quote Originally Posted by slgcmg View Post
    I just purchased a child hood collection from someone and the collection had 3 Savage He-man's in it. All 3 say Mattel Inc 1981 Taiwan. I actually listed one of them tonight.

Here is a pic of all 3 together

I asked if they remember how or where they obtained it, they did not recall, but when I mentioned the possibility of it being a mail away, they said "Oh yeah, these were the ones we got in the mail"

Take it for what it's worth. I know it doesn't prove anything , but still adds intrigue.
    awesome find! Can you confirm if those have the inner peg under the head?