Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2460

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Wow, she wanted 250 Euros???
    Yes... + shipping!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by lofftap View Post
    Question for Relayer35: I was interested in your last post on here. You said the guy had bought three of everything for his children right? When you were done with the purchase and everything was said and done, was it true from what you had bought and everything was in three's? If so... and the ratio of figures being three of almost everything you bought, I think it says just a little though but some to the fact Savage He-Man wasn't something like the rest and could not just be bought at a store like the rest. Not like that is new news by any means to us ORG members, just thought it was interesting and something to think about from your post. Thanks for sharing though! Good day everyone! Hope we all had a great holiday and safe one at that.
    Not everything was in three's, but most of them were. Over years, some parts got lost. I remember he had only one Scare Glow, but most of the earlier figures were in threes.

You lucky pup!
    When did that happen, btw?
    It was spring of 2007.
    Last edited by Relayer35; January 1, 2011 at 11:06pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've been wanting to post this for some time now,

I was thinking if this could be a clue to the packing and weapons savage he-man came with, look at the paint residue on the leg, same brown as the infamous man-e-weapons weaponry:

Here's a shot of both so you can compare:

I've scratched the axe in his other leg hard enough to realise that it ain't gonna leave residue immediately, but i do believe this kind of paint residues only happen if the figure and accessory have been together (packaged) for a while, and here's my laser light Skeletor to back it up:

Conclusion, this may be pointing out that the figure did came packed in some way (sandwich bag) and that it did come with maron weapons.

The problem with your theory is the weapons themselves. They are molded in the rust colored plastic not painted.

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryLiger View Post
    The problem with your theory is the weapons themselves. They are molded in the rust colored plastic not painted.
    True, but isn't the LL Skeletor staff also of a colored plastic and not painted?

I mean, unless the color on his legs is the color of the plastic underneath a blue and a gold paint, as opposed to just being molded in that blue plastic with the gold paint on top...
    – No comment.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    The LL Skeletor staff is molded in the color it appears to be, not painted, same as the maroon weapons that came with Man-E -Weapons, and might possibly have come with Savage He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryLiger View Post
    No theories here, the weapons are casted in coloured plastic that's true, but it is also true that these weapons leave residue on the figures. With that post i only wanted to show that this is a case of figure being packed with the weapons (maybe) for several years. Take a look at my LL Skeletor's leg (the moc one). This is not the first time i seen weapon residue on MOC figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    True, but isn't the LL Skeletor staff also of a colored plastic and not painted?

I mean, unless the color on his legs is the color of the plastic underneath a blue and a gold paint, as opposed to just being molded in that blue plastic with the gold paint on top...
    LLS staff is molded in transparent red no paint at all.
    Last edited by Arkangel; January 14, 2011 at 05:44am.

Odds are it was in a toy bin with a bunch of other toys, and was pressed up against something with a red paint app.

Odds are it was in a toy bin with a bunch of other toys, and was pressed up against something with a red paint app.
    Either that or the figure was eventually packed with the maroon weapons.

Anyone else spotted traces of residue like this on savage he-man ?

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Gotta agree with Arkangel on this one (sorry Val!). I've seen many vintage MOTU figures that have had color from unpainted weapons somehow wear onto unpainted surfaces on figures just like in Arkangel's pic of the LL Skeletor. And the fact that the color on that Savage He-Man's leg is the same color that the maroon weapons were molded in could very well be significant here.

I'm not ruling it out, but I'd still have to see more examples of where those types of weapons in the package caused that kind of wear.

The LL Skeletor has a different type of colored plastic, and has been in the package forever.
    Do we have some other figures that display this sort of thing?

Also, if this happened, it means the weapons would have to be packaged with Savage He-Man for a looooong time, and left untouched for years in a stationary position, then opened up and then sold later.
    So I'm not sure why someone would keep a Savage He-Man packaged for a long time, then open it to ultimately sell it when there would be far more resale value with it packaged.

Plus we don't even know his packaging, and can't be sure of how the figure would be positioned in a way to allow a weapon to be pressed up against it.
    Being in a baggie (if he came that way), with it being loose and allowing the contents to settle away from the figure, seems the least likely scenario to allow the weapon to be angled up and pressed up against his leg.

So I favor my suggestion about it being in a toy bin against another figure.

But, who knows. *shrugs*
    I'd love to see more and find more stuff about this figure!

I'm not ruling it out, but I'd still have to see more examples of where those types of weapons in the package caused that kind of wear.
    Me too, that's why you readers and owners of this figure need to check now

The LL Skeletor has a different type of colored plastic, and has been in the package forever.
    Do we have some other figures that display this sort of thing?
    Yes, i had at least one moc skeletor marked by the havoc staff and possibly a loose one with the same markings.

Also, if this happened, it means the weapons would have to be packaged with Savage He-Man for a looooong time, and left untouched for years in a stationary position, then opened up and then sold later.
    So I'm not sure why someone would keep a Savage He-Man packaged for a long time, then open it to ultimately sell it when there would be far more resale value with it packaged.
    As for the looooong time, i'm not sure of that because as i wrote above, i may have a loose skeletor with the same markings, i'll have to double check and post pics later. Regarding the why would someone open it even after a long time, it is just random, i actually know people that opened up transformers and motu and sold them like that because they had no clue what they had in hands nor did they know the value of the package, in fact, i bought an opened 8 back faker once, the seller claimed he wanted the mini comic and didn't need the rest, go figure lol

To back all this up i'll have to seek my pictures and take new ones if necessary, in the meanwhile, it would be cool if someone else came up with the same evidence regarding any other figure, loose or moc (savage he-man or not)

Awesome! bring on the pics, my good man!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    How much times does it take for this plastic to cure completely, and become totally solid, once it's been pressed in the plates at the factory?

Another scenario, that could explain plastic rub-off on figures could be that sometimes perhaps the production is sped up more than it should, so the accessories are put into the package prematurely, before it has cured the outmost layers, therefore it rubs off a bit.

Another possible explanation, but I don't know how valid it is.

Savage He-Man

There is an interesting conversation taking place on the Robert E. Howard Conan forums between myself and fellow He-Man.org-er Eamon. It is about The Conan/He-Man connection or lack thereof, Savage He-Man, Vikor, Frazetta, Earl Norem, William George, Rudy Obrero, Roger Sweet, Mark Taylor, Conan the Barbarian pre-production film materials sent to Mattel, Hero vs Antihero, the Adam concept, Conan Properties Inc vs Mattel Inc lawsuit, Mattel Inc vs Azrak-Hamway International Inc Remco Toys lawsuit, etc.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...D8696%26st%3D0

Conan the Barbarian film pre-production concept sketch (may have been part of the materials Conan Properties Inc sent Mattel in 1980)

April 1979 issue of The Savage Sword of Conan

Last edited by Amra; February 2, 2011 at 12:24pm. Reason: Add pictures

Here's the proof that weapons tint figures:

Couldn't that be paint from the boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Either that or the figure was eventually packed with the maroon weapons.

Anyone else spotted traces of residue like this on savage he-man ?
    Not on Savage, but I purchased him at a flea market last year. However, several of my vintage figures from my childhood display streaks like that, but not corresponding to their accompanying weapons. Some have streaks that appear to be the same color as vintage weapons, but I never stored them together. Even as a kid, I never threw them into a toy box. I stored the figures together, but kept the weapons in a seperate box.

My guess is this happens from worn off paint from other figures. We have all seen figures with missing paint. With several variations and color schemes on figures boots, armor, etc. those marks could be from that. I don't own any of the maroon weapons though, so I can't compare their actual color with any of the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Here's the proof that weapons tint figures:
    Do we know the weapons did that, though?
    That color is sort of all over the place.

Unlrelated, but I was always curious what caused those weird hairline crack like textures on the plastic.
    See it on the left calf muscle? I remember a couple of my figures were like that and always wondered what caused that. Anyone know?

Widget
    I know it wouldn't constitute proof by any means, but I continue to be amazed that no one out there has ever come forward and at least CLAIMED to remember exactly where they got their savage He-Man from. Somebody out there has to remember... right? Or at least have a parent who remembers?

Plenty of people have claimed.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

Yep, plenty of varying recollections, and the reality may be in there somewhere, but we still haven't found any info on how it was actually offered.

At this point, I still suspect the two most likely scenarios are
    1. free in-store give-away product
    2. newspaper prize/promotion mail-away
    perhaps of a sample run of He-Man with those colors as a test, that Mattel decided to put to use rather than toss in the recycle bin.

But, who knows *shrugs*
    It's all speculation, unfortunately.

I remember where I got mine:

I was looking at a Fisto figure and I noticed how close he was already to a Wonder Bread He-Man already, he was the one with really dark purple boots and belt.

So I went to work, I asked my wife to get me some black spray paint for plastic. I taped off everything except his boots and belt, then sprayed many coats of the black paint waiting between each coat for it to dry. (It took a couple of days to do it just right.) I then used He-Man's head & arms, the black Zodac Armor from the weapons pack, and painted his hair brown.

The sword and the Awe are not painted, I have no idea where they are from, but I got them in a huge lot years ago, I assume they are from Man-e-Weapons.

The cool this about the custom figure is his furry pants were never painted, which was my plan, since this is a quick way to tell if the one you have is fake or not.

I only made one of these and I'm not planning on making another.

As a side note I have never seen a real one in real life.

I still think it's a hoax(at least the Wonder Bread aspect of it). I've seen collectors keep 30 year old Happy Meal boxes but I've never seen anyone with a coupon for this supposed mail away offer. I have no idea where the various Savage He-Mans have come from, but I would bet my entire life savings that it wasn't from Wonder Bread.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I don't care if he's real or not.. I just want either a "real" or custom