Page 8 of 98 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Benjamin Wech
    I know this hasn't much to do with Wonder Bread He-Man, but I found out that the figures in the He-Man/Teela mailaway from JCPenney also came completely sealed in plastic baggies, just like Wonder Bread He-Man. I had quite a few of those sets, with different figure combinations, and all contained loose figures (w/ baggied weapons). A few days ago, a friend of mine, who opened his He-Man/Teela, told me that the figures are in factory-sealed baggies. Cool, eh?

Originally posted by Benjamin Wech
    I know this hasn't much to do with Wonder Bread He-Man, but I found out that the figures in the He-Man/Teela mailaway from JCPenney also came completely sealed in plastic baggies, just like Wonder Bread He-Man. I had quite a few of those sets, with different figure combinations, and all contained loose figures (w/ baggied weapons).
    Was that some kind of promotion they had or was it the ones from the catalog cause I remember getting them from the catalog in boxes
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

Benjamin Wech
    Originally posted by Ram_Man_21
    Was that some kind of promotion they had or was it the ones from the catalog cause I remember getting them from the catalog in boxes

Yeah, they were from the JCPenney (and Sears) catalogs. They came in brown boxes with just black outline-pictures of the figures contained on them. They're really cool.

Last edited by Benjamin Wech; January 25, 2003 at 09:57am.

Oh I thopught that when you got them from the catalog they were on card that's how I remember them. Maybe my brain isn't working right

Benjamin Wech
    Well, I think you could order them also on cards. These boxes were just offers they had where you could get two figures with one purchase.

Oh ok I remember those now. Oh and on an off topic note did anyone see the new Ninja Turtles yet? They're awsome.

Originally posted by Benjamin Wech
    I know this hasn't much to do with Wonder Bread He-Man, but I found out that the figures in the He-Man/Teela mailaway from JCPenney also came completely sealed in plastic baggies, just like Wonder Bread He-Man. I had quite a few of those sets, with different figure combinations, and all contained loose figures (w/ baggied weapons). A few days ago, a friend of mine, who opened his He-Man/Teela, told me that the figures are in factory-sealed baggies. Cool, eh?

I want this box!!
    In Memory of Oscar
    May 2000 - September 23, 2005
    In Memory of Jetta
    2001- September 21, 2008

That is an awesome box.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Yeah that box is awsome but, I like the artwork on the original cards better

Some new WB He-man info:

First off I would like to thank the Fowlers for sending me scans of the insert to their WB He-man. Thanks guys!

I have asked several barbie collectors and I have gotten back several different answers. Nothing really important. But they are still looking because the insert I showed them seems to have popped up several questions for them as well. What I did find out is that the insert's address belongs to mattel. The PO Box address given is still in use by mattel whenever they do give aways. It's belongs to a mattel distribution/warehouse. That is all for now but the barbie collectors are still looking. And I'm still trying to solve this mystery in my spare time.

Keep up the good work and I hope you find something.

Darren

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Originally posted by Gilgamesh
    Some new WB He-man info:

First off I would like to thank the Fowlers for sending me scans of the insert to their WB He-man. Thanks guys!

I have asked several barbie collectors and I have gotten back several different answers. Nothing really important. But they are still looking because the insert I showed them seems to have popped up several questions for them as well. What I did find out is that the insert's address belongs to mattel. The PO Box address given is still in use by mattel whenever they do give aways. It's belongs to a mattel distribution/warehouse. That is all for now but the barbie collectors are still looking. And I'm still trying to solve this mystery in my spare time.

I wonder if Mattel keeps records of giveaways that far back?
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Originally posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR
    I wonder if Mattel keeps records of giveaways that far back?
    they should, and also they should KNOW the mystery over W B he-man.. if they would just say YES, then would could all be happy and live happily ever after...

Mattel is never gonna admit to it. They're gonna just keep denying it, it's just like Area 51

its just like in the movie labyrinth, we just need to ask Mattel the right question

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Originally posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR
    its just like in the movie labyrinth, we just need to ask Mattel the right question
    nah, they're never gonna tell us the TRUTH about WB He-Man. I imagine all of the right questions have been asked already

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    About 5 minutes away from where I live is the Mattel building that has the outlet store in El Segundo Ca. Maybe one day I'll break in and demand to know the answer! There's gotta be one old guy left in there who knows the answer...

Originally posted by Ram_Man_21
    nah, they're never gonna tell us the TRUTH about WB He-Man. I imagine all of the right questions have been asked already
    You would be surprised by how few questions have actually been asked.

I still think that Mattel is never going to tell us the truth about WB He-Man. They're hiding something about it or else they would tell us the origin

if they can't admit to WB he-man or where ever he came from (promotional wise) then they have some skeleton's in their closet. Mistress, pimp daddy, sugar mama, sugar daddy, owe money, something...hmmmm. what are you hiding mattel???

let's hire a private detective!

Originally posted by carlo
    if they can't admit to WB he-man or where ever he came from (promotional wise) then they have some skeleton's in their closet. Mistress, pimp daddy, sugar mama, sugar daddy, owe money, something...hmmmm. what are you hiding mattel???

let's hire a private detective!
    Yeah we could do that lol. I think we need to to get to the bottom of this. It's just stupid that they wouldn't tell us about him.

Here's my WB HE-MAN complete with weapons. i think its real! my one is deffo not a re-paint!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very cool. It seems to be authentic and not a re-paint. Both of the weapons are there. I wish I had a WB He-Man!

Im selling the WB He-Man pictured above has i now hav 2, check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2470