Page 91 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2458

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Widget
    Help required please fellow fans I have been offered a savage He-Man for $200 but I am not sure it is legit the buyer says it states on the back 1981 Hong Kong.

Now from reading on this forum I have only seen people say they have 1981 Taiwan or 1981 Mexico ones does this mean this is a knock off? The guy has not sold other MOTU items and does say he cannot prove it is legit but says he has asked 2 toy stores who say it is real anyone got any info they can help me out with?

Heroic Warrior
    no that sounds more like the legendary NUTELLA he man , just kidding . my advice buy a loose he man $4, brown and black paint $4 ,and a hobby brush $3 ,fill the hole in your collection for about $10 , im sure by now there are a lot of fakes with some talented customixers even on this forum this could easily be pulled off as a ? real ? figure . to be safe just go with my idea make your own i have made and sold about 5 customs that only i could tell , you could even use a fisto body or his brown shorts

Widget
    I need a little help I have images of a savage He-Man I am looking at buying but need expert help if he is real or not looks legit in the pictures but from reading this thread I know you guys have helped fellow members out in the past and wanted to see if anyone will be kind enought to offer me some much needed advise.
    I will happily email you the images I have obtained of the figure from the seller if you can contact me thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Quote Originally Posted by kevyates79 View Post
    I need a little help I have images of a savage He-Man I am looking at buying but need expert help if he is real or not looks legit in the pictures but from reading this thread I know you guys have helped fellow members out in the past and wanted to see if anyone will be kind enought to offer me some much needed advise.
    I will happily email you the images I have obtained of the figure from the seller if you can contact me thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    If you just post the pictures on here, more people will likely chime in.

Widget
    I am thinking it is a repaint. check the leg joints to see if it was painted. I have never seen one from "1981 Hong Kong"

Did you take the pics or did the seller. If is odd that they all have diff backgrounds. why would you move it from spot to another if you were taking pics. If the seller gave you the photos I would ask for more. It seems fishy

that picture is mine and so was that is FAKE for sure. Original owner and maker guarantee

Widget
    Thanks for that the seller might frequent these boards as since I started asking questions on here they have took it off eBay
    Arkangel did you sell this custom to a guy in Canada? That is where it was for sale?
    Thanks again for the info saved me $200 on a fake, the quest continues then for an original WB
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Only the first picture is mine, which means that set doesn't even present the same figure.

I sold that custom on ebay in a lot with two other figures for about 10€ to an italian guy named Alessio Gagliano.

Widget
    Thanks for all the info saved me getting conned with a custom that was being passed of as the real deal, the search goes on for an original savage He-Man
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Wow is this the oldest thread on the .org??
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

91 pages later and no closer to finding the truth.

Someone with a legit figure should contact the history detectives and see if they can solve it.

http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/

I think it is great our favorite toy line has a mysterious figure! It is something to discuss, speculate, and for us to continue to search for the truth! Good luck everyone finding the truth!

Court Magician
    Finally pulled the trigger to buy Savage He-Man.
    Bought it from a fellow Belgian collector who bought it on ebay 5 or 6 years ago from the States.

He came with the black armor and a set of maroon weapons.
    The figure has the 1981 Taiwan stamp and has an incredible paintjob on the head.

I have no clue if it's legit, although the seller is a serious collector who has everything in his collection. (and it's the first one I have seen in real life)
    Anyway bought it for a "reasonable" price, so I don't have to feel really bad if it's not the real deal.

savage1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Leckske View Post
    Finally pulled the trigger to buy Savage He-Man.
    Bought it from a fellow Belgian collector who bought it on ebay 5 or 6 years ago from the States.

He came with the black armor and a set of maroon weapons.
    The figure has the 1981 Taiwan stamp and has an incredible paintjob on the head.

I have no clue if it's legit, although the seller is a serious collector who has everything in his collection. (and it's the first one I have seen in real life)
    Anyway bought it for a "reasonable" price, so I don't have to feel really bad if it's not the real deal.

savage1.jpg
    I might be wrong, but to me it looks like that someone "restored" black paint on his eyebrows and maybe eyes...in original figures, they are a bit different and eyebrows are less symmetrical than in yours. His loincloth showing the same gap on the mold as in all other original Savage He-Man figures.

Picked up a few figures the other day, all loose and not really anything great but this one was the bottom of the box. I have only heard about the wonder bread he-man but after looking at google images, this seems like it, with out his chest plate. However I will admit I really have no idea if that is what I have. Other than the look. Also what all did he come with? I have already read about fake ones, are they easy to make? The set comes from a guy that played with his, all loose and played with figures. He isnt someone that fake it or even know what he had. I didnt even see this until I got back home.
    I believe has came with a black chest plate like Zodiac had, if so can i use that one to make it complete?

IMG_4356.jpgIMG_4355.jpgIMG_4354.jpgIMG_4353.jpgIMG_4352.jpg
    Get words of wisdom from the man that is prefect, He-man! https://twitter.com/HeManWisdoms

Heroic Warrior
    I'm no expert on Savage He-man but the brown paint on his neck looks suspicious.

I see what you mean, here if close details if anyone can help.
    IMG_4358.jpgIMG_4359.jpg
    Get words of wisdom from the man that is prefect, He-man! https://twitter.com/HeManWisdoms

Heroic Podcaster
    At least it was in the bottom of the box you bought and not the centerpiece of the sale. Even if fake, it's no loss but a cool find!
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

understand, my hope we to resell all i got to help with my star wars vintage collection, so I hate to sell it as 'real' or 'fake' until i know more. I dont want to rip anyone off. Also looking on ebay, if they are all real, maybe its not as rare as i guessed

- - - Updated - - -

this is a whole lot of pages, lol
    does anyone know for sure what he came with?

that one looks exactly like the one i currently own

you better go look, i broke in today and got it!!! LOL jk, so i am guess the one you have is real. I am trying to make sure this is before i ebay it

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyGold View Post
    you better go look, i broke in today and got it!!! LOL jk, so i am guess the one you have is real. I am trying to make sure this is before i ebay it
    it doesn't get any more real than that

I thought about keeping it but when you are laid off work for 8 months, its hard to keep it

- - - Updated - - -

I am told from a friend that this Savage he-man will be on the new season of Toy Hunter, the second episode.

Has anyone spotted a Savage He Man? Never saw one. Originally thought he was Zodac but had a He Man head. Just wondering if anyone has seen one!
    Looking for: Moss Man, Stinkor, Grizzlor, and Skeletor!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app