Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2460

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

I'm beginning to think Savage He-Man here has some strange power to sap everyone's memory of where he came from
    Wun-Dar: Heroic master of mind erasing!

If this figure was acquired in an exceptional manner, mail away, buy 3 get one free, offered with a loaf of bread or whatever, i'm sure people would remember this exception rather well, as this would be one of the highlights of the line, the ones you'd have to bother to do something exceptional to acquire it.

This is why i discard any of the promotional or mail away possibilities, this had to be for sale somehow at some point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider1227 View Post
    I'm beginning to think Savage He-Man here has some strange power to sap everyone's memory of where he came from
    Wun-Dar: Heroic master of mind erasing!
    Wun-Dar: Heroic master of sopping up memories like gravy!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    If this figure was acquired in an exceptional manner, mail away, buy 3 get one free, offered with a loaf of bread or whatever, i'm sure people would remember this exception rather well, as this would be one of the highlights of the line, the ones you'd have to bother to do something exceptional to acquire it.

This is why i discard any of the promotional or mail away possibilities, this had to be for sale somehow at some point in time.
    I live in the UK so never really got to do these mail in offers for figures, I do remember mailing in for a certain Star Wars figure though Emperor Palpatine when I was 4 and I even remember the white box he came in too. So I agree if you collected 3 coupons to get a free figure or got him in bread or some other promotion you would have some form of memory of it, If it was waiting for him to arrive in the mail or opening the figure this must have been as someone said way back in this thread a factory sale to one of these bargain stores possibly at the back end of the line in 1986 when everyone had moved onto Thundercats and Transformers I think and these guys sold for a buck in these dollar stores to kids who did not know what is was.

It could be as simple as Mattel had 5,000 1981 molded figures lying around mocked up a different looking He-Man to avoid the figure and line being in a dollar store and sold these out to make a quick buck, These things were forgotten until one turned up in the early eBay days and bang we have a mystery on our hands and no one can recall how and when they got one of these figures, Mattel just happen to lose all the paperwork from the MOTU days and there you go no one can trace this figure but I am pretty sure someone at Mattel knows but they are simply keeping stum now as they do not want to slur the brand with what they did making knock off looking He-Man figures.

Widget
    Again I am 100% certain I received my "Savage" He-man from the Buy 3 Get 1 Free MOTU/Barbie/Dazzle/Monchichi offer. I do not know if he was available any other way but there is not one iota of doubt in my memory that I received mine from this offer. You guys don't have to believe me of course but regardless it's true. I believe I still have 1-2 of the offer coupons at my parents house. I need to find them! Now I am not 100% sure where I got the offer coupons but would guess Children's Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by rayman1971 View Post
    Again I am 100% certain I received my "Savage" He-man from the Buy 3 Get 1 Free MOTU/Barbie/Dazzle/Monchichi offer. I do not know if he was available any other way but there is not one iota of doubt in my memory that I received mine from this offer. You guys don't have to believe me of course but regardless it's true. I believe I still have 1-2 of the offer coupons at my parents house. I need to find them! Now I am not 100% sure where I got the offer coupons but would guess Children's Palace.
    It would be awesome if you found the coupons. Do you still have the figure?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Widget
    Nope, sold all my He-man stuff in the mid 90s through Toy Shop Magazine. I did hold on to Savage though cause I knew he was a rare variant. I ended up selling him in the late 90s either in Toy Shop or the early days of eBay. Mine came with the maroon sword and I think that's all. I'm going to look for the offer form(s) the next time I visit my parents. My mom is a big pack rat so the form is probably still around. I'm thinking Children Palace used to have an offer board up at the front of the store and these were on the board on a tear away pad.

So...we are getting close?
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by rayman1971 View Post
    Nope, sold all my He-man stuff in the mid 90s through Toy Shop Magazine. I did hold on to Savage though cause I knew he was a rare variant. I ended up selling him in the late 90s either in Toy Shop or the early days of eBay. Mine came with the maroon sword and I think that's all. I'm going to look for the offer form(s) the next time I visit my parents. My mom is a big pack rat so the form is probably still around. I'm thinking Children Palace used to have an offer board up at the front of the store and these were on the board on a tear away pad.
    What year did you sell all your figures? As it would be interesting to know as the Fowlers were the first people to really find him online and raise this debate so if you sold your stuff in say 1995 how did you know this was a rare variant as no one really knew what this was until the Fowlers brought it to light when they bought this strange bagged He-Man figure from someone, Most people who had him presumed this was either a cheap knock off or a custom job by someone before then thats all.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by kevyates79 View Post
    What year did you sell all your figures? As it would be interesting to know as the Fowlers were the first people to really find him online and raise this debate so if you sold your stuff in say 1995 how did you know this was a rare variant as no one really knew what this was until the Fowlers brought it to light when they bought this strange bagged He-Man figure from someone, Most people who had him presumed this was either a cheap knock off or a custom job by someone before then thats all.
    I'm not sure when I sold my Savage He-Man. I sold my collection in the mid 1990s and then I believe I sold my Savage He-Man separately a few years later, probably late 1990s. I immediately knew he was a rare variant as a kid because I had all the figures and it was obvious when he came in the mail. I was a very obsessive kid and kept my toys in mint to near mint shape. It's funny after all these years this He-Man is still shrouded in mystery. I remember the mail away Invisible Man Weeble (from Scotch Invisible Tape) and the hot pink Jem Llama (again mail away) but I digress...

I know I've said this about some of the other theories over the years ( ), but I think this "Buy 3 Get One Free" offer is probably it; The promotion where Savage He-Man came from. I remember another member created a blog about Savage He-man, swearing up and down that it was this offer where he remembers getting it from. Initially - and I could be wrong as it's been ages since I've gone over this entire thread - I think some of us were skeptical about Savage He-Man originating from this offer because of the hole punch in the coupon, which made it seem like an unrelated, in-store thing. But it's possible Mattel made hole punches in the coupon stacks before sending them off to specific retailers and that some company, probably Don Jagoda, packed them in with the free figure. Either that or the seller of the figure in the Fowler Bros. collection grabbed an extra coupon at the store and added it to the figure when it arrived, to have a record of where it came from.

This makes the most sense, because this variant could have easily slipped under the radar through the "Buy 3 Get One Free" offer if they had a limited supply. The problem, of course, is that there's probably no documentation/picture that exists linking it to this offer.
    Last edited by Tallstar; May 22, 2013 at 09:48am.

Widget
    I still just think that if Mattel had produced this figure for such a promotion then firstly someone who worked for Mattel somewhere would remember this promotion and this figure or someone who worked for said toy shop who the promotion was avalaible via would have some memory of the promotion or may have seen the figure that was being given free.

Why was it Man-E-Faces or Man-E-Weapons that was on the coupon, If Barbie was on this offer then why are there no Barbie fans who can remember what they got free as these guys are mental collectors of this stuff.

If they were giving away a variant He-Man as the free figure surly they would have made a big deal about it as we had normal He-Man, BA He-Man, Thunder Punch and Flying Fists so they reproduced him every year with a twist to milk the figure more and more so why not promote the savage He-Man only avaliable to one store via a mail away promotion?

Sorry but all these things just do not add up to me thats all I still think like many others have said these were sold in dollars stores at the end of the line to shift left over stock and made to look different as not to cheapen the He-Man franchise too much or possibly first issue figures that were scraped as they firstly looked to much like Conan and they wanted blone not black hair for He-Man and these were given away to employees or given at corporate events.

Quote Originally Posted by kevyates79 View Post
    I still just think that if Mattel had produced this figure for such a promotion then firstly someone who worked for Mattel somewhere would remember this promotion and this figure or someone who worked for said toy shop who the promotion was avalaible via would have some memory of the promotion or may have seen the figure that was being given free.
    For the "Buy 3 Get One 1 Free" offer, I'm fairly certain the retailers had absolutely no idea which figures were being sent out to customers, so nobody from the toy store chains would remember this. The distribution of the free figure would have been organized via a third party, mostly likely Don Jagoda Associates, as they were involved in soooo many other Mattel promotions. (i.e. Jell-O) And the people at Mattel who were involved in some way have probably forgotten the details, don't follow the brand anymore or have passed away.

Why was it Man-E-Faces or Man-E-Weapons that was on the coupon, If Barbie was on this offer then why are there no Barbie fans who can remember what they got free as these guys are mental collectors of this stuff.
    Man-E-Faces was one of the new characters at the time of the offer and Mattel wanted to heavily advertise him for some reason (perhaps because he had a demonstrative feature and was expensive to make), as evidenced by Man-E-Faces actor appearances at toy stores and newspaper clippings which state that cardboard laser guns would be given away for free. Based on what I have seen, it was actually pretty rare for secondary characters to make in-store appearances. In most cases stores would get major/headlining characters like He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Catra, Hordak, and King Hiss or the child-friendly Orko, unless it was a major event ala Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Universal Studios etc.

Barbie? I'm more knowledgable about vintage and mod era Barbie dolls than everything that was available in the 80s, but I would imagine that there were a TON more promotions for Barbie in the 80s than in previous years and the dolls were mass produced to a greater degree, thereby making it more difficult to remember. (I don't think anyone has really made an effort to approach the Barbie community, though)

With vintage and mod ers dolls, I do know there were many sample outfits, alternate hair colors etc. that were never commercially released. For example, in 1966, there was a Barbie called Color Magic Barbie. She came with either Midnight Black or Yellow-Blonde/Golden Blonde hair. Then some years ago there was a discovery of sample doll heads with pure Platinum hair that were never released.

If they were giving away a variant He-Man as the free figure surly they would have made a big deal about it as we had normal He-Man, BA He-Man, Thunder Punch and Flying Fists so they reproduced him every year with a twist to milk the figure more and more so why not promote the savage He-Man only avaliable to one store via a mail away promotion?
    Not necessarily. This offer was pretty early into the life of the MOTU brand. It would have been before BA He-Man, so perhaps it was considered to be a "no big deal" type of thing at the time, especially if they were trying to unload test sample figures used in market research / child testing and/or didn't want to take the time to come up with a backstory for this figue or 'confuse the audience' with an alternate He-Man than wouldn't be appearing in the cartoon.

Sorry but all these things just do not add up to me thats all I still think like many others have said these were sold in dollars stores at the end of the line to shift left over stock and made to look different as not to cheapen the He-Man franchise too much or possibly first issue figures that were scraped as they firstly looked to much like Conan and they wanted blone not black hair for He-Man and these were given away to employees or given at corporate events.
    As time has gone on, the Dollar Store theory makes less sense to me. I mean, even the cheapest, crappy-ass painted bootlegs from Mexico surface with actual packaging.
    Last edited by Tallstar; May 22, 2013 at 12:29pm.

Keep up the good work, please Tallstar. You've always done good research. I hope you can turn up even more in your searches!

Recapping a few things, thinking this out...

I doubt it was a "Buy 3 Get One 1 Free" mail-away offer. Buy x get y free offers are generally retailer generated to get you to come into their store and buy existing stock.

This particular figure is unique. Figures of that nature are typically produced with a specific purpose. Mattel is very unlikely to alter production with special paint aps on a figure just out the kindness of its heart. So odds are someone paid to have this figure produced.

For the Nestle give-away, people have reported that "free figure" for a prize was one of the regular figures from the brand. Nothing special. And that makes sense because that was something to cover the whole "250,000 prizes" bit. It would no doubt be cheaper for Nestle just to buy up a bunch of existing product than to have something made at that quantity.

The Wonder Bread mail-away seemed plausible 10+ years ago because there was evidence of a mail-away, and we had this mystery figure. But we've since learned it was the trading cards for Wonder Bread.

Could this figure be for some sort of other mail-away offer? Quite possibly. But the fact that any paperwork has yet to turn up makes it seem less and less likely, at least on any sort of national level. It's still possible and can't be ruled out entirely.

we know the armor came with the weapons pack, so that's out. We found out after this figure's reveal that the maroon weapons came with Man-E-Weapons, so those are out. So this figure probably came with nothing at all.

I still favor the in-store promotion device. A figure given away for some reason at a store. Perhaps to promote a new product or a new store chain. If MOTU was the hot ticket, and a store/product was looking to make a splash, it's possible they'd spend the money to have something special produced. Producing something unique is going to cost more than buying existing product. So a figure without packaging, accessories or weapons could fit the bill for such a thing as it would be the cheapest means to have such an item produced. And along those lines, I still feel there is purpose to the colors used on the figure.

IMO, what it's going to take now is a newspaper advert from old microfiche archives, etc. I've wanted to do that in my spare time but, not knowing where to go and what time frame to look in makes that a "needle in a haystack" proposition.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I doubt it was a "Buy 3 Get One 1 Free" mail-away offer. Buy x get y free offers are generally retailer generated to get you to come into their store and buy existing stock.
    The Princess of Power Mystery Doll Promotion was a "Buy 3, Get 1 Free" mail-away offer, and it was not retailer-generated, it was generated by Mattel, as was the 2003 Masters of the Universe "Buy 3, Get 1 Free" Moss Man mail-away offer.

This particular figure is unique. Figures of that nature are typically produced with a specific purpose. Mattel is very unlikely to alter production with special paint aps on a figure just out the kindness of its heart. So odds are someone paid to have this figure produced.
    Unless it was a production error or a child/paint test figure.

Keep up the good work, please Tallstar. You've always done good research. I hope you can turn up even more in your searches!

Recapping a few things, thinking this out...

For the Nestle give-away, people have reported that "free figure" for a prize was one of the regular figures from the brand. Nothing special. And that makes sense because that was something to cover the whole "250,000 prizes" bit. It would no doubt be cheaper for Nestle just to buy up a bunch of existing product than to have something made at that quantity.

The Wonder Bread mail-away seemed plausible 10+ years ago because there was evidence of a mail-away, and we had this mystery figure. But we've since learned it was the trading cards for Wonder Bread.

Could this figure be for some sort of other mail-away offer? Quite possibly. But the fact that any paperwork has yet to turn up makes it seem less and less likely, at least on any sort of national level. It's still possible and can't be ruled out entirely.

we know the armor came with the weapons pack, so that's out. We found out after this figure's reveal that the maroon weapons came with Man-E-Weapons, so those are out. So this figure probably came with nothing at all.

I still favor the in-store promotion device. A figure given away for some reason at a store. Perhaps to promote a new product or a new store chain. If MOTU was the hot ticket, and a store/product was looking to make a splash, it's possible they'd spend the money to have something special produced. Producing something unique is going to cost more than buying existing product. So a figure without packaging, accessories or weapons could fit the bill for such a thing as it would be the cheapest means to have such an item produced. And along those lines, I still feel there is purpose to the colors used on the figure.

IMO, what it's going to take now is a newspaper advert from old microfiche archives, etc. I've wanted to do that in my spare time but, not knowing where to go and what time frame to look in makes that a "needle in a haystack" proposition.
    I don't believe these are all true-isams, Rob's (AlternativeMindz) video has some good points, as well as TallStar. And to find a needle in a haystack just get a powerful electro-magnet like the kind used in junk yards to pick up cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The Princess of Power Mystery Doll Promotion was a "Buy 3, Get 1 Free" mail-away offer, and it was not retailer-generated, it was generated by Mattel, as was the 2003 Masters of the Universe "Buy 3, Get 1 Free" Moss Man mail-away offer.
    Like I said, generally that's how the buy-one-get-one-free campaigns are generated. For a manufacturer's promotion of that nature, we're most likely talking a large scale, advertised promotion. Both of the things you've listed are verified and have info out there about them. If such a promotion existed from Mattel for this Savage He-Man, odds are we'd know about it.

Unless it was a production error or a child/paint test figure.
    It's always possible, but I'd personally put that near the bottom of the list. There's no stories I recall (I may have missed them) about this given away for child testing. And I'm not sure how a production error of that extent would end up in the hands of consumers. It's a pretty big paint difference. Then again, who knows? *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I don't believe these are all true-isams
    A lot of that is presented as theory for possible reasons/origins for how this figure might have existed or came into the public's hands. It's all theory until we have proof.

And to find a needle in a haystack just get a powerful electro-magnet like the kind used in junk yards to pick up cars.
    You have one that floats round to libraries and searches archives? break that sucker out, please!

A few reasons I'm becoming more and more convinced the "Buy 3 Get One Free" offer is the source: 1. A few people have reported getting one or more of the maroon weapons with him. (In the aforementioned blog, the guy said his came with the shield) I know this was offered with Man-E-Faces, but Mattel could have been trying to get rid of the maroon weapons any way possible. 2. Some members have reported that the details on Savage He-Man figure are pretty crisp, indicating that he was among the first figures to come off the mold. 3. Soft head.

All of this seems to suggest he came early on, right around the time Man-E-Faces was released.

I would try searching michofiche archives of newspapers and (if available) magazines/journals from 1983. I think the best hope of an answer would be if Mattel mentioned the promotion in an interview of some sort, or if it was randomly mentioned by someone that participated.

It's always possible, but I'd personally put that near the bottom of the list. There's no stories I recall (I may have missed them) about this given away for child testing. And I'm not sure how a production error of that extent would end up in the hands of consumers. It's a pretty big paint difference. Then again, who knows? *shrugs*
    At one time Adam_Prince of Eternia postulated that perhaps the maroon weapons were the production error (accidentally made in the wrong color) Child testing/production error figure aside, someone at Mattel could have decided to do a limited run of a variant He-Man figure to give away via the offer, to help deplete the supply of maroon weapons. It seems like they wouldn't want to draw too much attention to this variant though, for the reasons that I stated earlier. Also, I don't know if this is true of any of the early standard He-Man figures, but I think Savage He-Man is missing the neck pin?
    Last edited by Tallstar; May 22, 2013 at 03:34pm.

Widget
    Yes Tallstar my savage He-Man is missing his neck pin, he has a soft head, he is 1981 Taiwain, He has a slight gap on his loin cloth these all seem to be things to look for on a genuine savage He-Man.

As you said these things seem to be present on series 1 & 2 figures made in 81 & 82 so possibly this could have been the first run/prototype He-Man that was made up with black hair like the first figures and drawings show, Then later in 1981 Mattel changed him to blonde and then decided to dump these mistake He-Man figures out into the market in some form of giveaway?

I remember reading you were keeping track of states where these figures had originally turned up? Is there a pattern to this and could there be toy stores who traded in these areas only who may have had an exclusive deal with Mattel for a promotion to giveaway these misproduced figures.
    Keep up the good work though I would love to know where this figure came from and why no one can recall where they got him from clearly or why Mattel seem to keep denying any knowledge of him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Tallstar my savage He-Man is missing his neck pin, he has a soft head, he is 1981 Taiwain, He has a slight gap on his loin cloth these all seem to be things to look for on a genuine savage He-Man.

As you said these things seem to be present on series 1 & 2 figures made in 81 & 82 so possibly this could have been the first run/prototype He-Man that was made up with black hair like the first figures and drawings show, Then later in 1981 Mattel changed him to blonde and then decided to dump these mistake He-Man figures out into the market in some form of giveaway?

I remember reading you were keeping track of states where these figures had originally turned up? Is there a pattern to this and could there be toy stores who traded in these areas only who may have had an exclusive deal with Mattel for a promotion to giveaway these misproduced figures.
    Keep up the good work though I would love to know where this figure came from and why no one can recall where they got him from clearly or why Mattel seem to keep denying any knowledge of him.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Like I said, generally that's how the buy-one-get-one-free campaigns are generated. For a manufacturer's promotion of that nature, we're most likely talking a large scale, advertised promotion. Both of the things you've listed are verified and have info out there about them. If such a promotion existed from Mattel for this Savage He-Man, odds are we'd know about it.
    The 2003 Masters of the Universe "Buy 3, Get 1 Free" Moss Man mail-away promotion did not have a large-scale, advertised promotion; and if we did not have home video recordings of the commercial that aired in selected markets advertising the Princess of Power Mystery Doll Promotion, we would not have any corroboration of its existence outside of our own memories, because to my knowledge, the mail-away form that was available at retail locations has not turned up in any personal collections. Therein lies the difficult with documenting such promotions: their very nature is disposable; you either did not take the form in the first place, mailed it in to get the toy, or misplaced it or threw it away. Almost no one thought to save the form to document the promotion for posterity, and kids especially were not that forward-thinking.

A production error of that extent would end up in the hands of consumers by design. Mattel would not sell merchandise at retail that is off-model, but they would not eat the material and production costs either. A promotion like this would allow Mattel to liquidate production error merchandise while recouping some of their costs. The promotion effectively requires consumers to buy more merchandise for the privilege of helping Mattel rectify its mistake. It is actually a really clever marketing scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The 2003 Masters of the Universe "Buy 3, Get 1 Free" Moss Man mail-away promotion did not have a large-scale, advertised promotion; and if we did not have home video recordings of the commercial that aired in selected markets advertising the Princess of Power Mystery Doll Promotion, we would not have any corroboration of its existence outside of our own memories, because to my knowledge, the mail-away form that was available at retail locations has not turned up in any personal collections. Therein lies the difficult with documenting such promotions: their very nature is disposable; you either did not take the form in the first place, mailed it in to get the toy, or misplaced it or threw it away. Almost no one thought to save the form to document the promotion for posterity, and kids especially were not that forward-thinking.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Both of those were certainly large enough to leave remnants behind one way or another. For something like this figure, if it had been an official Mattel promotion for a mail-in 3-for-one-1, I think the scale definitely would have been large enough to have history. Combined with all the hunting and searching fans have done for over a decade and something should have turned up.

These are all theories. But for me, that's not the theory I lean towards. It's still always possible, though.

A production error of that extent would end up in the hands of consumers by design. Mattel would not sell merchandise at retail that is off-model, but they would not eat the material and production costs either. A promotion like this would allow Mattel to liquidate production error merchandise while recouping some of their costs. The promotion effectively requires consumers to buy more merchandise for the privilege of helping Mattel rectify its mistake. It is actually a really clever marketing scheme.
    I have a hard time with that one. You could be right. But given the tension over Conan, I really don't think Mattel would put this product out there on the shelves early on knowing it might cause problems for them. The colors are so far off the final He-Man that the odds this version made it to test-shot phase and went into production with these colors on accident is very unlikely. So I still lean towards these colors being done on purpose for a company by request for some sort of store/product promo.

Again, you could be right! But the way things stand currently, it's not a theory I favor.

But given the tension over Conan, I really don't think Mattel would put this product out there on the shelves early on knowing it might cause problems for them.
    I believe Conan Properties, Inc. filed the lawsuit against Mattel in 1984. Mattel probably would have been careful from that point on. That's why I can see Savage He-Man being released via this promotion in 1983.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I believe Conan Properties, Inc. filed the lawsuit against Mattel in 1984. Mattel probably would have been careful from that point on. That's why I can see Savage He-Man being released via this promotion in 1983.
    And 1983 would make sense as to why not too many remember it. '83 is right before the line exploded in popularity. Given the rarity of the figure, we can assume small enough quantities under the radar before He-Man hit it big. And since the 3 for 1 deal didn't not advertise who you were gonna get, no pictures exist of Savage He-Man in an advertisement, so he was truly unknown to most fans. He was a low visibility figure at a low visibilty time of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    And 1983 would make sense as to why not too many remember it. '83 is right before the line exploded in popularity. Given the rarity of the figure, we can assume small enough quantities under the radar before He-Man hit it big. And since the 3 for 1 deal didn't not advertise who you were gonna get, no pictures exist of Savage He-Man in an advertisement, so he was truly unknown to most fans. He was a low visibility figure at a low visibilty time of the line.
    Exactly. This promotion pre-dated the cartoon series.

Widget
    The photo of the Buy 3 Get 1 Free Masters/Barbie/Dazzle/Monchichi promotion mail in coupon shown in this thread appears to be genuine. I was a strange obsessive (and spoiled) kid when it came to toys and remember the mail in form even. It was a typical mail-in form, maybe 4" x 6" or so and had the photo/graphics shown with the Savage He-Man on this thread. I live in Louisville, Kentucky and back in 1982 or so I do not believe that Toys R Us was in Louisville yet. I would frequent Children's Palace, Ayr-Way (now Target), and K-Mart. I don't remember seeing the mail-in offer at Ayr-Way or K-Mart which leads me to believe that Chidren's Palace had it up front on their offer bulletin board as you left the store. Again there is absolutely no doubt that is how I received my Savage He-Man.
    Last edited by rayman1971; May 22, 2013 at 11:13pm.