Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51

Thread: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Ongoing #3 Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

  1. #1
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,636

    He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Ongoing #3 Talkback Thread - SPOILERS



     
    • Teela is kidnapped by Despara at Castle Grayskull!
    • Teela is suprised by her hated frienemy Mekaneck, who announces the enemy's tactical movement and yells at him for startling her.
    • Teela mysteriously appears at Randor and Duncan's war council when He-Man and Roboto left her on top of the castle. Teela plays it off as she merely climbed down using the ledges that jut out from the Castle.
    • It is revealed that the one person she hates more than Mek is Stinkor.
    • No Marlena.
    • We get some Roboto action. Roboto version 5? LOL!
    • Speaking of Roboto, it was interesting that he asked about the Evil Warriors. How ARE they dealing with the Horde Invasion?
    • I know Duncan should be worried about his daughter, but I thought he was acting a little green. I guess I'm used to his cool and tactical MYP portrayal where he wouldn't act so reactionary.
    • It appears as Shadow Weaver had lost control over Adora once. That's how she appeared to Teela.
    • He-Man is barred from rescuing Teela from Randor! I love that he was talking to Battle Cat.
    • Grayskull is more than mortar and stone it seems! I'm very pleased to see this!
    • Zoar returns...
    • I think the caption at the end of the issue is Teela...


    Discuss!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 26, 2013 at 01:07pm.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  2. #2
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    14,062
    I am no longer reading the comic, but I look forward to hearing about what terrible things Teela does/says next!

    That is a cool cover, though.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

  3. #3
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    1,812
    The story, the characters and the relationship between them is becoming more and more interesting with each number.

    I loved the design of Roboto.

    I love the He-Man/Cringer scene

    Negative: It's very noticeable the difference between an artist and the other ... please DC Axel Gimenez NOW!
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    326
    Originally Posted by Crusader

    I couldn't agree more. Where are the days that MOTU dialogue sounded thusly: "Hold on, Sire! Thank the Fates you're alive".
    Slang just isn't befitting of a tale that is so epic in nature.



    ABSOLUTELY! That is the vital point; this is an epic scenario, a powerful confrontation between good and evil - or, rather - that is what it is meant to be...

    Instead it is constantly dragged down to the basement by the desperately shoddy standard of the writing and the cringe-inducing, toe-curlingly embarrassing dialogue where a couple of supposed paladins drivel on in surfer-slang as if hanging out on the boardwalk drumming up the wherewithal for another visit to the li'l ol' dope peddler (spreading joy wherever he goes, as Tom Lehrer had it....)

    It's just so mindless, unfunny and inappropriate.
    And it has gone on - and on - far, far too long. In the miniseries, as Darkspecter pointed out, when Adam and Teela were a couple of 'lost' teenagers, then it worked after a fashion (though there was still way too much of it.) Now - when He-Man faces what is meant to be his greatest challenge (and really I have my doubts!) he still burbles on like a lingustically challenged pre-teen who skipped a lot of school.

    And, surely - 'Dude' is only a matter of an issue or two away!

    Time for all concerned to grow up a little; beginning with the writer. His audience is clearly far smarter than he is!
    Last edited by Scriptor; June 26, 2013 at 01:21pm.

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,133
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I am no longer reading the comic, but I look forward to hearing about what terrible things Teela does/says next!

    That is a cool cover, though.
    I'm on the same boat here...
    I love complaining about NU52 Teela!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    385
    I liked Roboto, nice to see him interact with the other heroes.

    This whole Teela-Adora connection is cool.

    I liked the Hordak-Shadow Weaver scene. Hopefully we'll see some other Horde members.

    I am not surprised the Sorceress is still around, though she came back sooner than I expected.

    Looks like He-Man's new outfit is like the Snake Armor in the 2000x series, needed to deal with a new threat. Perhaps it is what King Grayskull wore when he trapped Hordak?

  7. #7
    Chillin' He-Man54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    943
    I can't wait to pick this up this afternoon! Sounds like it's going to be a better read than the first two.

  8. #8
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,590
    I'm reading it as soon as I get it....hopefully soon, since I forgot it was that....time of the month again....

    I'm basically reading it to see the interpretation, to see where the story is going, and to just have something to do....otherwise, I'd not bother with reading, I'd just collect the books and leave them in a drawer. I'm not a Comic book fan by any means....I have some from Star Wars & Transformers, now MOTU, just not a fan of them.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  9. #9
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,063
    I don't think Shadow Weaver lost control of Adora. I think she allowed it to happen... SW isn't Hordak... She used to be a regular person... She may have a heart, as messed up as it is.

    It is inferred thar The Adora / Teela meetings went on for a long time. So it seems SW was allowing Adora a play-break in that garden.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    326
    Possible Plot Development for Ongoing Series.

    I debated placing this under ‘Spoilers’, but, since it’s speculation rather than actual knowledge, did not do so. It’s based on what DC have already given away and on my own thoughts and experience as to plotting narratives. Thanks, in particular to Darkspecter and Skeletor73 for asking the right thought-provoking questions!

    Since Issue 3 is out today I'm intrigued to see how these projected developments compare with what actually takes place - though this is intended to be a projection up to #6. Only one way to find out what I got right - and wrong!

    And it looks like I shall be finding out tomorrow, since it didn't arrive today......



    This is how I see the plot possibly developing.

    - The king will finally tell his son about his long-lost twin.

    - The siege will get underway and there will be some prosy fighting; sub-teenage banter will ensue; Teela will throw a tantrum or three. He-Man will be guided to discover his new football outfit in the Grayskull locker room

    - Despara, having discovered that He-Man is noble in spirit and that he will risk anything for his friends – not least Teela – will target her in the fight and threaten her to the extent that He-Man will give himself up to save her.

    - Despara, with her principal opponent now her captive, will want to fight him to the death (the usual first move of every successful general, obviously.) Hordak, however, will show more sense and will order the prisoner brought before him. (In Despondos? Hmm…)

    - The Hordelord, knowing that he now holds both the heirs of his ancient enemy King Grayskull, conceives a dark plan; He-Man will not be put to death or ‘absorbed’ (!?!?) but will be ‘turned’ to the service of the Horde – as with his sister. This will appeal, no doubt to Hordak’s dark irony (which he has, after all, had a mere million years to perfect…)

    - He-Man will be made over to Despara to be broken prior to being spell-ensorcelled by Shadow-Weaver, Hordak being confident that he will not be able to withstand this physical and mental assault, and himself deriving malicious satisfaction from the idea of Adora unknowingly torturing her twin brother.

    - He-Man, however, will prove more resilient than expected and will, in his resistance, begin to shake Despara’s faith in her own position within the Horde, seeking to convince her that she should take up her birthright as his sister (as he informs her) and join him to fight Hordak.

    - Hordak is so (over)confident that, when Despara confronts him as to the truth of what He-Man has told her, he will actually confirm it, sure that she will still remain under his control. It’s a failing, of invincible evil beings, this over-confidence; they always do it. They never learn.

    - There will be a psychological struggle (heavy-handedly mirroring the one for Grayskull) between the siblings and an attempt to make it look like Hordak might yet win. Will she remain with the Horde or join her brother? Well, I wonder…

    - The Sorceress/Zoar/Teela by telepathy will crucially intervene again at a critical point to bring about the outcome.


    So, that’s how it might prove to be. It could work, too, as a basic (if scarcely very original) plot – though, in the case of this writer, past performance usually is an indication of future result. Sadly. And Giffen has seriously hampered himself by some ill-planned (and largely pointless) decisions made earlier which severely limit his artistic freedom and thus his narrative scope.
    Just to quote a few of the more obvious examples:


    - Why has Randor never mentioned the family tragedy to his son – and was no-one else aware of the loss? Oh – and where is Marlena? Or – this being DC – when exactly was she brutally murdered?

    - Making He-Man (allegedly) The Power (!?!?) Apart from the intrinsic – and pointless – absurdity of this, then will She-Ra also be The Power? So who else? Shall we all have a go? Let’s hope there’s enough to go round, boys and girls!

    - Reducing Adam to a mere cipher, fit only to banter with cringe-worthy inanity with Teela, and then reducing He-Man to a mere sidekick of hers, who talks like a low IQ 12-year old and has no depth or gravity of character. As a result he is simply an oversized Adam, shorn of distinguishing characteristics and thus wholly two-dimensional. The Power might as well be an instant fix of steroids.

    - Killing off the Sorceress so she becomes a Dea ex Machina – inevitably a weak – and needless – plot device. She was more effective as a living character, so killing her collapsed the narrative seam without reason. Oh – apart from cheap shock value, of course.

    - Overstating – massively – the power of Hordak and the Horde who can – supposedly – overrun all Eternia in a single day (and this while having signally failed to suppress rebellion on Etheria.) The Imperative of Constant Cataclysm is a mere weary and tedious trope – and very thin from a narrative point of view as it leads only one way. Giffen, you recall, had already pretty well wrecked Eternia during Skeletor’s rule during the laughable “memory wipe” plot. He now does it over again. Why? Has he no plots that don’t involve wholesale destruction, civilian slaughter and famine? Time he read some real books by real writers, methinks.

    - Since massacring civilians served to secure the fall of Eternos, then why bother to invest Grayskull at all? Or does Despara have to keep her ten trillion ‘overkill’ battalions (?!?!!) occupied, lest they turn Pretorian on her?

    - How lucky for the Masters that the empty and untenanted Castle Grayskull is so well-provisioned for a lengthy siege. Just as well; in a day the Horde have – supposedly – destroyed 99% of the planet’s agricultural production capacity. Try it, sometime. See how far you get.

    - How fortunate also, that the echoing halls of poor de-chatelained Grayskull happen to contain secret vaults with access to He-Man’s new IronmanCosplay romper suit – and probably the Sword of Protection as well. Unless, of course, the latter is ALSO stuck in a stone under Evil-Lyn’s volcano.

    - He-Man (just to add to the humiliation of being a part of this fiasco at all, even if Teela actually stars in it) will, presumably, don the ‘Sacred Armour of the Mattel Marketing Department’ just in time to be taken prisoner by Despara. Not lame at all, really. It’s the kind of mistake that could befall any writer subject (apparently) to interference from above; or else one who really didn’t have much idea of what he was about and made it up as he went along. But, then, a paycheck is a paycheck, after all….


    I would really like to think that my gloomier prognostications will be proved wrong; like most cynics I’m a frustrated idealist. But, yet again, I’m not holding my breath for any worthwhile reading emerging here. I only wish that I could – but I’m not prepared to be that indiscriminate and undiscerning – especially where MotU is concerned.

    Why, oh why couldn’t they give this project to a writer who actually respected the Eternian mythos and understood it? The talent must be out there in the comic world – surely?
    Last edited by Scriptor; June 26, 2013 at 03:16pm.

  11. #11
    Heroic Fan ART Mod! JafariStew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    3,559
    We could all use a new Roboto MOTUC figure, if they make a DC sub line, he should be in there.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

    JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 9.30.14!!

    MOTUC RECORD


    NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

    "Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I don't think Shadow Weaver lost control of Adora. I think she allowed it to happen... SW isn't Hordak... She used to be a regular person... She may have a heart, as messed up as it is.

    It is inferred thar The Adora / Teela meetings went on for a long time. So it seems SW was allowing Adora a play-break in that garden.

    Now that is a really subtle and intriguing thought.. (but, I fear, a touch too much so for this somewhat lightweight publication..)

  13. #13
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,965
    I'm happy we can finally talk about this (my issue came in the mail yesterday ). I really enjoyed the Teela/Adora flashback. It was nearly perfect. The banter between Adam/He-Man and Teela while she was trying to tell her story stopped the flow of the story and any emotional impact in its tracks. I went back and re-read her flashback story WITHOUT reading the back-and-forth...and it was fantastic. You feel for Teela. It's sad she's the only child and how lonely she gets...and then has a friend (for a time). NU52 Teela's likable (when she's not busy being a *****. ). It's ruined though, she hates on Mek-A-Nek...AGAIN! She calls him all these names too. *shakes head*

    When He-Man wants to go after Teela and is GOING to break the law to get her...it just makes you think "why?" I mean, why get her back? She's an awful person (she's much more evil than Filmation Skeletor and spoke to Mek-A-Nek they way Skelly would in the '80s). She always gives him a hard time, puts him down, makes everyones lives harder/worse...so what's REALLY the benefit to getting this Teela back? When Despera kidnapped her I thought "GOOD!" It's about time someone did something about the Teela problem! I think something's definitely wrong with the writing when we're cheering the Horde on, hoping they rid us of (what used to be) our favourite characters, like Teela.

    Glad to read Grayskull isn't just a castle. The Sorceress being back (kind of) made me happy and sad at the same time. Happy, because I love the Sorceress...sad because they sensationalized her death, showed TERRIBLE violence against women...and it was all just a gimmick (which didn't go over well...at ALL!).

    On a whole, I enjoyed the issue and feel that the story/writing has improved since the first 2 in this series...but there's still a long way to go. Mainly Teela. They need to fix Teela's being a total ***** problem...and the Adam/Teela banter. It started out cute/funny in the first 6 issue mini-series when they didn't really know who they were and all, but it's gotten annoying pretty fast and it's just bad now. It adds nothing except immaturity and Teela's flashback basically said how she was an adult since being a little kid (always being with her father at Royal meetings, etc.) but she acts SO childish. Doesn't mesh. Fix Teela, please!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    326
    Oh - so it happened as I thought it would, that Despara snatches Teela, did it? But an issue earlier than anticipated! My bad, dude (as this He-Man would undoubtedly say...)

    Looks like I got a fair bit of the rest of it right, though; not that hard to predict, frankly!

  15. #15
    CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm happy we can finally talk about this (my issue came in the mail yesterday ). I really enjoyed the Teela/Adora flashback. It was nearly perfect. The banter between Adam/He-Man and Teela while she was trying to tell her story stopped the flow of the story and any emotional impact in its tracks. I went back and re-read her flashback story WITHOUT reading the back-and-forth...and it was fantastic. You feel for Teela. It's sad she's the only child and how lonely she gets...and then has a friend (for a time). NU52 Teela's likable (when she's not busy being a *****. ). It's ruined though, she hates on Mek-A-Nek...AGAIN! She calls him all these names too. *shakes head*

    When He-Man wants to go after Teela and is GOING to break the law to get her...it just makes you think "why?" I mean, why get her back? She's an awful person (she's much more evil than Filmation Skeletor and spoke to Mek-A-Nek they way Skelly would in the '80s). She always gives him a hard time, puts him down, makes everyones lives harder/worse...so what's REALLY the benefit to getting this Teela back? When Despera kidnapped her I thought "GOOD!" It's about time someone did something about the Teela problem! I think something's definitely wrong with the writing when we're cheering the Horde on, hoping they rid us of (what used to be) our favourite characters, like Teela.

    Glad to read Grayskull isn't just a castle. The Sorceress being back (kind of) made me happy and sad at the same time. Happy, because I love the Sorceress...sad because they sensationalized her death, showed TERRIBLE violence against women...and it was all just a gimmick (which didn't go over well...at ALL!).

    On a whole, I enjoyed the issue and feel that the story/writing has improved since the first 2 in this series...but there's still a long way to go. Mainly Teela. They need to fix Teela's being a total ***** problem...and the Adam/Teela banter. It started out cute/funny in the first 6 issue mini-series when they didn't really know who they were and all, but it's gotten annoying pretty fast and it's just bad now. It adds nothing except immaturity and Teela's flashback basically said how she was an adult since being a little kid (always being with her father at Royal meetings, etc.) but she acts SO childish. Doesn't mesh. Fix Teela, please!
    I agree 100% here
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

    Also...get her into the line!

    Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

  16. #16
    Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,917
    It's about time my subscription book showed up before the actual sale date. Both issues 1 and 2 came weeks afterwards. Still suck the mail man rolls it up and crams it into my mail box. All three issues are bent to heck. I don't think I'll be subscribing again after this one ends.

    As for the issue, my favorite part was the cover art. Still not enjoying the story itself all too much, but it's mostly becuase of Nu52 Teela. I hate her so much. I was happy the Horde got her.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior Mern-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,433
    Best issue yet!!! I read this and the Origin of Hordak at midnight last night when I should of gone to sleep, and I do NOT regret that decision in the slightest!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

    Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

    The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

  18. #18
    Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    401
    Here’s some additional thoughts:

    • The opening scenes of Teela with Adora were good. We now know how they know each other. While Adora (dressed in a kids version of the classic She-Ra outfit) vanishing before Teela’s eyes on their first meeting indicates she was in control of her presence on Eternia. She might also be capable of astral projection across space and in possession of at least some of the Power of Grayskull, with the help of an unnamed party (possibly Shadow Weaver or the Sorceress). The banter between He-Man (Adam) and Teela in the boxes was also quite funny once I worked out who was talking!
    • Not sure I would teleport into the heart of the enemy into an unknown castle as Despara did to kidnap Teela. It would seem a high risk manoeuvre even if there is a distraction. Might indicate over-confidence on Despara’s part.
    • It looks like Hordak maybe growing a new body. So he’s presumably going to be battling He-Man in the last comic of the series. Shadow Weaver losing control of Adora may just be a young girl experimenting with her powers possibly with the help of the Sorceress (assuming it was her who appeared in her dreams when she’s older) before Shadow Weaver finds out and intervenes to prevent it happening again. The indiscretion Hordak mentions could well indicate Shadow Weaver had a heart and allowed her to play on Eternia, but it could also refer to improper Horde behaviour in leaving Adora unsupervised and free to do as she wished for so long.
    • I’m not surprised Man-at-Arms is not taking it well that Teela has been kidnapped by the Horde. He has just mourned the death of a friend and the mother of his child (the Sorceress) and now he may have lost his only daughter to the ruthless Horde. As a loving partner and father he’ll be emotional and possibly irrational. He will need a little understanding, to be kept busy and kept a close eye on.
    • He-Man’s possible destiny towards the end of the comic seems to have him facing off against Hordak in Horde armour and some Horde troopers. There is no Despara or She-Ra in sight!
    • The yellow-box caption at the end of the comic is He-Man finally realising that he can no longer afford to be an immature and half-hearted youth during an invasion and must get serious if the Horde are to be defeated and things return to normal. Hopefully, this means he will have some dialogue from now on that is befitting a planetary hero/leader who happens to be the only real hope for freedom on Eternia.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

  19. #19
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    1,812
    I love finally we are discussing what is happening and will happen in the series and no further discussion on whether these comics are good or bad at this point that's a debate obsolete and boring, who do not like these comics will not change the trend at this point. Time to discuss the history has come.

    About the shadows undoubtedly show the future of both Characters, they are Despara and future-sorceress (Teela), at first seems Shadow Weaver shadow but if you sees it the other way around it's Sorceress
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    It's about time my subscription book showed up before the actual sale date. Both issues 1 and 2 came weeks afterwards. Still suck the mail man rolls it up and crams it into my mail box. All three issues are bent to heck. I don't think I'll be subscribing again after this one ends.

    As for the issue, my favorite part was the cover art. Still not enjoying the story itself all too much, but it's mostly becuase of Nu52 Teela. I hate her so much. I was happy the Horde got her.

    Yes indeed; the cover art was the only thing about this of any real merit. Sad but true. What a pity that we are still being fobbed-off with third-rate writing and sub-standard characterization. The Eternian mythos deserves so much better than this poor stuff.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    Here’s some additional thoughts:

    • The opening scenes of Teela with Adora were good. We now know how they know each other. While Adora (dressed in a kids version of the classic She-Ra outfit) vanishing before Teela’s eyes on their first meeting indicates she was in control of her presence on Eternia. She might also be capable of astral projection across space and in possession of at least some of the Power of Grayskull, with the help of an unnamed party (possibly Shadow Weaver or the Sorceress). The banter between He-Man (Adam) and Teela in the boxes was also quite funny once I worked out who was talking!
    • Not sure I would teleport into the heart of the enemy into an unknown castle as Despara did to kidnap Teela. It would seem a high risk manoeuvre even if there is a distraction. Might indicate over-confidence on Despara’s part.
    • It looks like Hordak maybe growing a new body. So he’s presumably going to be battling He-Man in the last comic of the series. Shadow Weaver losing control of Adora may just be a young girl experimenting with her powers possibly with the help of the Sorceress (assuming it was her who appeared in her dreams when she’s older) before Shadow Weaver finds out and intervenes to prevent it happening again. The indiscretion Hordak mentions could well indicate Shadow Weaver had a heart and allowed her to play on Eternia, but it could also refer to improper Horde behaviour in leaving Adora unsupervised and free to do as she wished for so long.
    • I’m not surprised Man-at-Arms is not taking it well that Teela has been kidnapped by the Horde. He has just mourned the death of a friend and the mother of his child (the Sorceress) and now he may have lost his only daughter to the ruthless Horde. As a loving partner and father he’ll be emotional and possibly irrational. He will need a little understanding, to be kept busy and kept a close eye on.
    • He-Man’s possible destiny towards the end of the comic seems to have him facing off against Hordak in Horde armour and some Horde troopers. There is no Despara or She-Ra in sight!
    • The yellow-box caption at the end of the comic is He-Man finally realising that he can no longer afford to be an immature and half-hearted youth during an invasion and must get serious if the Horde are to be defeated and things return to normal. Hopefully, this means he will have some dialogue from now on that is befitting a planetary hero/leader who happens to be the only real hope for freedom on Eternia.
    Interesting points that you make here - most especially the last; we are long, long overdue a He-Man who has actual depth of character and some degree of maturity. The sub-teen sidekick to the dreadful Teela and who speaks like a half-wit routine emanating from Giffen's pen has gone on quite long enough.... I just hope you're right!

    Just one thing; isn't it He-Man rather than MAA who is acting somewhat over-emotionally and irrationally (albeit understandably) here?
    Last edited by Scriptor; June 26, 2013 at 07:54pm.

  21. #21
    USF Bull chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    6,710
    Finally Castle Grayskull actually LOOKS like Castle Grayskull!! It seems to finally be coming together a little better. I'm still not wild about Teela's attitude. The scene with He-Man and Battle Cat was good. And thankfully, the Sorceress's spirit lives on!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  22. #22
    SoH Supporter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,526
    These are getting better every issue! I loved this one. I really liked Roboto' update. I'm also looking forward to seeing what happened to Hordak! Hope they keep up the great work on these!

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior RyDell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,917
    I liked it... Teela is hot headed, but that's OK... I'm sure it comes from somewhere... she mentions that her father was never really around... she didn't really have anyone to connect with, Adam was the Prince. She seems believable to me. Maybe a guy with a stretchy neck gets more attention from her dad than she does, his own daughter.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,620
    Teela showed compassion for Roboto! She is not nearly as evil as i once thought. I thought the issue was a good step forward. The He-Man/Cringer scene was awesome. I love that DC is keeping that bond strong, more akin to the MYP relationship where He-Man is very protective of his steed. Hordak and Shadow Weaver looked solid and I'm expecting a mobile Hordak to show up soon. I'm hoping he looks more like the origin version. Overall a good issue. I just wish they were a tad longer.

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior WDWFreak53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,890
    I rather enjoyed this issue.

    I loved the cover art...that was pretty slick.

    I didn't like the mindless "back and forth between Adam and Teela"...I understand that it is there to show off their relationship but, at this rate, how would anybody like Teela? Why would Adam even bother? There is zero redeeming quality to her and that really is annoying me.

    The He-Man and Cringer panels were great.

    I am torn with the new Roboto.
    --I'd love to have a figure based on this look.
    --I don't like how he is more "man" than "machine". He doesn't look like he is made of robotic parts (although I know in some panels you can see the gears).

    Hordak is just frightening...and I love the little "minions" around his base.

    I can't wait to see more of the "Horde!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •