Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Ongoing #3 Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    ... Hordak and Shadow Weaver looked solid and I'm expecting a mobile Hordak to show up soon. I'm hoping he looks more like the origin version....
    i also noticed that Hordak isn't moving. he (and the bodies/corpses) seems to have the same pose as in the first issue. i also just noticed that he is only speaking telepathically. could it be that what we see isn't Hordak at all but just a scary statue and that the "man behind the curtain" may be something different? or maybe this is just the remains of his body in a life-sustaining machine.

if i remember correctly there was this idea already in MYP that Hordak only existed in spirit form and inhabitated a body of stone. maybe they go along these lines somewhere.
    Last edited by danvin; June 27, 2013 at 09:38am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I rather enjoyed this issue.

I am torn with the new Roboto.
    --I'd love to have a figure based on this look.
    --I don't like how he is more "man" than "machine". He doesn't look like he is made of robotic parts (although I know in some panels you can see the gears).

Hordak is just frightening...and I love the little "minions" around his base.

I can't wait to see more of the "Horde!"
    You see I think that's why I like this Roboto - I like how he's beefed up a bit and still has the robotic element to him.

Hordak looks horrific, is he being kept alive by tubes, dead souls etc? I'm interested to see how he becomes the Hordak we know.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
    Just one thing; isn't it He-Man rather than MAA who is acting somewhat over-emotionally and irrationally (albeit understandably) here?
    I get you. Yes, He-Man is not behaving rationally and risking death in going after Teela alone. Even he cannot face a well organised foe that is superior in number and led by a possible equal in Despara. Thanks for hinting at that I missed it on the first read through.

It also makes me wonder if yellow cross He-Man is missing King Grayskull’s wisdom unlike the red cross He-Man. Or are you being more subtle implying this is poor writing where He-Man has inherited the Power of Grayskull but not the wisdom to go with it?

In either case, we fortuitously have a resurrected Sorceress at hand to guide our hero in his hour of need and provide him with an upgrade in armour / power (and the Sword of Protection????) to face the Horde foe. Phew!
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

After all the frustration and rage at the damage DC had done to the overall mythos and characters, I can actually say I wasnt that disappointed in this issue. We got to see the castle proper, a renewed sorceress, a Teela who was at least hinting at being a more noble warrior than a wannabe Kardashian....just barely, and we got to see some good old fashioned sword and sorcery. If Teela was more of the fiery but graceful warrior we came to expect instead of a spoiled bully who is a girl, the readership may improve.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

I would like to see more Masters in action soon. Roboto was great as a warrior and I'm glad was portrayed as being so fearless and i liked that he collected his severed hand. I am hoping we see Fisto, Clamp Champ, Moss Man and Buzz-Off beat down the Horde armies.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    "My bad."

That's all that needs to be said about the scripting.

More garbage.

I don't know whether to envy those that enjoy this slop, or to simply pity them.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    The cover was cool. The story is getting interesting, and I like the connection between Teela and Despera. I still think the art (in some places) is just terrible. It seems like with each page turn that He-Man looks totally different, and it's annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    We could all use a new Roboto MOTUC figure, if they make a DC sub line, he should be in there.
    Totally agree. I like his new look.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    The cover was cool. The story is getting interesting, and I like the connection between Teela and Despera. I still think the art (in some places) is just terrible. It seems like with each page turn that He-Man looks totally different, and it's annoying.

Totally agree. I like his new look.
    I am interested to see what finally breaks Hordak's control over Adora. My guess is Hordak will be ready to kill Teela who will then call out to Adora, much like the scene at the end of Jedi, finally snapping her free.

You articulated the exact way I feel on all points. He-man is the most inconsistently drawn character. That cover even had the gyu at my comic shop talking though.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Within the first two pages of dialogue between He-Man and Teela he interrupts her speaking and then responds to her with "My bad". Just an idea of HOW BAD the writing is slipping and how this book is becoming. And yes I punish myself and keep reading (plus the fact I get this free... ). Maybe it's to see if something good happens.... and then in a battle Roboto screams in pain as he incurs an injury..... WTF? If anything his speech should've been disrupted instead of him screaming; he's not human!!! These were the two quickest thing I caught without even looking...

As I have said before the BEST and seemingly only thing (since I never read the digital downloads) is the creation and storyline of Despara.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I enjoyed the issue and am interested to see where its going but I though dialogue between He-Man and Teela at the beginning was terrible!
    I loved Teela's design and think she looks amazing, she dosen't seem to have her sword anymore though
    For the most part He-Man was drawn a lot better this issue, not sure if they've made some subtle changes to his outfit, if they'd only just paint his cross red it would look a lot better IMO.
    Roboto strangely reminded me of G.I. Joe's Snake Eyes.
    I just wish there had been more Masters featured even if they're just in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    • Speaking of Roboto, it was interesting that he asked about the Evil Warriors. How ARE they dealing with the Horde Invasion?
    I found this really interesting as well, maybe they're even being lead by Jitsu now, that would be sweet to see
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    For the most part He-Man was drawn a lot better this issue, not sure if they've made some subtle changes to his outfit, if they'd only just paint his cross red it would look a lot better IMO.
    Yes!!! This is my only real gripe about He-Man's costume.

Hey guys, sorry this is off topic a little bit....
    - Is this a printed comic version?
    - Are there any MOTU new printed versions other than the ones that came with the figures or are they all digital online copies?
    - How many new MOTU comics are out there and where do I find them?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBad View Post
    Hey guys, sorry this is off topic a little bit....
    - Is this a printed comic version?
    - Are there any MOTU new printed versions other than the ones that came with the figures or are they all digital online copies?
    - How many new MOTU comics are out there and where do I find them?
    Yes it's printed. There were 6 initial print issues and then it was picked up as a new series. This is issue 3 of the now continuing series. Should be available at any comic shop or online. There is a new issue printed each month.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Yes it's printed. There were 6 initial print issues and then it was picked up as a new series. This is issue 3 of the now continuing series. Should be available at any comic shop or online. There is a new issue printed each month.
    Thank you very much for the info!...so, so far there are 3 out of 6 printer issues I should find at comic stores?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBad View Post
    Thank you very much for the info!...so, so far there are 3 out of 6 printer issues I should find at comic stores?
    There are 12 printed issues:
    6 mini series issues
    3 origins: Skeletor, He-Man, and Hordak
    3 ongoing series issues

6 mini series issues
    3 ongoing series issues
    wow...I missed a lot...hope I can find them all. Thanks!

6 mini series issues
    3 ongoing series issues
    There's also the trade paperback vol. 1 out next month.

Read the issue, really liked it. Roboto was cool, very much like the redesign. I really hope they redo Hordak so that he looks more like Hordak though. Looking forward to the next issue.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I actually really enjoyed this issue. It was so nice seeing Zoar and Shadow Weaver.

Like everyone else has said, I hope we see more Horde members soon.

Nice read

this DC take on MOTU is getting interesting issue after issue, I'm defenately intrigued to know whats comin next, and I hope to see more masters in the background working together, I mean, the horde's army its a big challenge for our heroes !
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

did you notice that the artist changes in the middle of the comic? the scene when Despara enters is drawn by Mateo Guerrero. and it is such a relief! suddenly everything looks so much better! i don't want to be disrespectful to Pop Mhan, but i simly don't like his style. his drawings are flat, the bodies are out of proportion and the faces generic. Mateo Guerrero does a wonderful job; very dynamic, faces with a lot of character and even the DC costumes look cool.

i also loved Drew Johnson on the Despara one-shot.

if only Emiliano would draw this comics. i'd be in heaven

I like the art of PM but some panels could make it better, get the feeling this is done in a hurry sometimes.

On Matthew Guerrero,I did not like his Despara, she looks like a man, the rest is ok.

Anyway art quality will be much better for the next issue, (at least some pages) you will see it.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; July 1, 2013 at 07:19pm.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

I enjoyed the first part art a lot better than the later. Biggest problem is that storytelling is not very interesting, its just running around, and last issue didn't really give much at all story development. I hope they get a better grip of it.

I find it interesting how Grayskull changes shape from comic to comic. Now it is once again very old school.

Part of this issue's art and writing were really good, and other parts really really horrible. I feel like two different people are handling both the writing and the art at different parts of the story. It also seems sloppy in parts- I feel annoyed seeing King Randor with shoulder armor that should be on Man-At-Arms, and seeing MAA without it at all. Everything that comes out of Teela's mouth is awful. I can't really stand it at this point. Whereas I enjoyed the back and forth between Hordak and Shadow Weaver (which felt very much straight out of the PoP cartoon, but more serious in tone). I'm not into He-Man's relationship with the Sorceress... between this and the 2002 Sorceress, I really REALLY miss the Filmation Sorceress!