Thread: Live and let die 40th anniversary

Heroic Warrior

Live and let die 40th anniversary

June 27th , 1973.......

Italy might be the only country in the world to not have the black woman on their movie poster , also cop cars are pianted orange instead of white lol

-Moores 1st Bond , a new era had begun which would last 12 yrs (!) and a staggering 7 (!) films

-Seymour was pretty fresh when she did this movie , hardly done anything prior to this......along with Rigg she's prolly one of the best actresses in the series.

RIP cast :

Julius W. Harris aka Tee Hee

Earl Jolly Brown aka Whisper (very private man so finding his autograph is next to impossible , by far one of the toughest to locate)

screen writer Tom Mankiewicz (also did Superman '78)
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

While not my favorite Moore file (the blaxploitation elements are very jarring) I do enjoy the movie (despite it being the only film before 2002 to to have Desmond Llewellyn as Q)

Plus it had one of the best bond themes by Paul McCartney & Wings

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    A classic Bond film, with some really great lines and a lot of outright fun (the thing so sorely missing from the new Bond films). Best line, when they find the little voodoo hat with the feather in it:
    "Why it's just a hat, darling, belonging to a small-headed man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken.."
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Classic Bond I love the speedboat chase.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

I love this movie, the Moore years were all about being silly and implausibly camp, which was what made these movie amusing IMHO, I mean he goes to space an a later movie and Jaws finds love fer crying out loud I found an interesting article about the guy in the goat head who tried to "sacrifice" Jane Seymour by making her kiss a snake (that's how it looked to me anyway LOL). Anyway you can read it here: http://bernews.com/2012/03/michael-e...nce-to-thrill/ I try to avoid viewing movie from the past and reacting to them by today's standards, it was the 70s and the height of the Blacksploitation Grindhouse days. Look at most movies today makes you think how too much political correctness really over-sanitizes movies into feeling like production line vehicles for A-list actors, see a PG-13 Wold War Z and Brad Pitt hyping it like it's his mid-life crisis translated to cinema. Wait what was I talking about?
    Oh Yeah
    Anyway, that Voodoo scene inspired me to start working on a pin-up cheesecake sketch involving bondage peril and snakes in a voodoo ritual and a hapless sexy tourist on the fictional Ilse the movie took place. I originally thought of titling it being at Haiti, but then the whole earthquake thing happened and I kind of stopped working on it due to not wanting to have a bunch of "Too soon" comments, but then I forgot that it was in fact a fictional place Bond goes to in the movie, so that's the safe route Obviously I wouldn't post it here of course.
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Heroic Warrior
    In the scene with the snake Jane wasn't acting , she was genuinly scared to death

Many trends of 007 :

blaxploitation - LALD

kung fu craze - TMWTGG

-sci fi craze - MR

-computer age - AVTAK

-Miami Vice/Die Hard craze - LTK

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post
    In the scene with the snake Jane wasn't acting , she was genuinly scared to death

Many trends of 007 :

blaxploitation - LALD

kung fu craze - TMWTGG

-sci fi craze - MR

-computer age - AVTAK

-Miami Vice/Die Hard craze - LTK
    Someone told her that it wasn't actually a poisonous snake right? Well perhaps not telling her made the terror real and genuine acting huh?
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Always has been my favourite Bond film.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Another scare during filming ,this anecdote is from AVTAK :

Director John Glen "forgot" to tell Grace Jones about the sparks that he had installed in Zorins mine , needless to say she was a tad mad

OT : then you have the fight scene in Fist of Fury.....Lee actually bit russian Petrov (played by Baker) in the leg for real

Sometimes it's for real.