Thread: MOTU Bike Thread

MOTU Bike Thread

Scored this off Craigslist. It's not in the best of shape, but could be worse too. The back tire is just gone, but the front would probably need replacing too if you really wanted to ride it. It's just the hard rubber tires with no tubes. The stickers look to be all there except for the ones on the seat.

I'm not sure what I want to do with it, but figured I'd grab it since I'd never seen one. Does any know of a good way to print large stickers like those if I took the time to clean them up in Photoshop? Fedex (Kinko's)? Local sign shop? May be a way to do it via home printer, but without special equipment I would very much doubt the longevity of them.

Complete with Gremlins sticker! Loved those holographic stickers as a kid. Tempted to pull it off, as the original colors might be preserved under it. It also has charm as it's a sign of the times too, though.

Battle Ram-ish control panel. Would've loved that as a kid. I always had a fascination with pushing buttons, or even pretending to.

Pic of a seat with the stickers this one is missing off eBay:

Heroic Warrior
    what did you pay ?

Dude, that is sick. The tires should be an easy fix. If you're looking to restore the decals, something like FedEx Home Office should be able to print them up, and then you can attach them with spray adhesive.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

goluphi, that's a great idea. I was thinking I'd need something that was adhesive backed. That would probably be a LOT easier to get a hold of and cheaper!

Remember, all buying/selling/trading offers must be kept to the Marketplace. Thanks!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Check out my new bike!

010.JPG012.JPG013.JPG014.JPG

I was SO excited to get this thing! I've been wanting one for awhile, and they seem to be pretty rare (guess that makes sense for a child's bike from 30 years ago), but this was worth the wait! I'm astonished the shape it's in!... there's NO rust, very few tiny nicks or scratches, the pedals and handlegrips aren't scuffed at all, and all the stickers are vibrant and not faded or ripped or water-damaged at all! (all except the seat stickers... seems at some point something greasy came into contact with the seat, and so those stickers are kinda messed up , as you can see in the pics), but beyond that, I just did a little cleaning, and am SO happy with it! Wanted to share here, where I know there are other people who could appreciate this! So, anyone else out there have one like this (or otherwise?) or maybe even still have the one you may have had as a kid? Share!

kevin,

awesome score my friend! someone posted about one of these a month ago or so, but it was relatively worn compared to this one!
    man, you lucked out -- it's in great shape! you wouldn't even know it was that old by the condition!

so, what are the plans for that baby? display piece? keep it for the kids? bust some tricks off of a ramp?!?

That's awesome! Take it out for a few laps around the block!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Widget
    I have a set of unused decals. I'm not sure if they're all there, but maybe I can get some pictures of them and post them.

- - - Updated - - -

Maul, I dug them out, and I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow morning. They seem to be a complete set, based on your pics. They aren't all perfect, a couple of small tears and the chain guard decal is creased a little, but they are unused and very vibrant. If you want to you can message me about them, or we can talk about it in the market place. Maybe there would be a way to get good scans for other people on here, too.

Hey Maul,
    I just got one of these awesome little bikes, too! check it out in my other thread!
    curiously, while everything else seems to be the same, your chain guard "Battle Cycle" decal does not have castle grayskull on it, while mine does...???
    also, Rod-Man, do you happen to have the seat decals? and, if so, and if Maul doesn't want them, I might definitely be interested in those, since that's the only ones on my bike that have any real issue. thanks! cool to see another one of these, and i'm curious who else out there has one! (and, what peculiar variations there may be, like the presence or absence of grayskull on the chain guard decal.) hmm.

LOL! I told my wife I was gonna ride it to work! (would love to ride it, personally, if it weren't too small to make that functionally impossible.) lol. as for the kids, I would let them ride it, but they JUST got their own first new bikes with training wheels, and this doesn't have them, and I think they may too big for this one once they're old enough to ride without training wheels... ?... I guess I could try and swap out the training wheels from theirs to this? we'll see. otherwise, (and even if so, after) it'll be a display piece for my collection. it IS in such nice shape it would/will be a shame if I let the kids ride it and they mess it up...? lol.

master of hiphop
    like my man napoleon dynamite would say!!!!

LUCKY!!!!!
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Awesome kevin! How wild is it that two of us came across them in such a short amount of time? Your's looks amazing! Mine is rougher, but still, how often do you see them? That's interesting about the chain guard. I'm amazed to see how much red was in the sky of the stickers. I knew the red of his boots had faded, but didn't expect the sky to be so different. The only other difference I see is the two stickers on the bars above the back wheel. Those are on the training wheels of mine. I wonder if it came with two or four originally. It probably came with two and the owner of yours just put them up there since they might not have needed the training wheels.

Love the shots with Battlecat and Eternia! You've got a great collection! I'm lucky enough to have a Battlecat too, which my kids love, but no Eternia yet.

Congrats on the find!

I know, right? it seems this bike is VERY rare... (i'm guessing just because why would a child's bike survive 30 years)... I know I found out about it's existence a few years ago, and have been trying to track one down. I saw this thread of yours only after posting mine... so yeah, that's crazy we scored them so close together!
    ya know, I hadn't noticed the bar flame stickers on your training wheels... yep, same ones as mine on the back, and I bet you're totally right that the owner of mine just put them on their apparently not needing the training wheels?... I did not receive any training wheels with it at all. still, I am super curious about the chain guard grayskull/no grayskull thing, because that's obviously a production variation and I just can't even see WHY there'd be two different ones...? weird.
    oh and yeah, looking at the difference in colors (red skies, greens) between them, it does seem like an amazing difference the sun can have over time... i'm not sure what history mine really has, but it seems it wasn't outside or ridden much at all.
    thanks for the kind words about my collection... I guess I really need to post more updated shots throughout this place and in the collection threads, etc. i'm lazy. lol.
    that's totally cool you have the bouncing battlecat too! (I know a lot of fans seem to love it, and find it hard to come by, as well)... and, my girls LOVE riding mine also! how cool... isn't it so awesome to have your kids on that thing, and just sharing MOTU with them in general? how old are yours? mine are twin girls, 4 1/2, Teela and Kylie.
    my Eternia is the one I got for Christmas from my grandma when I was a kid. for some reason, everyone always seems most impressed about my having the little clear plastic windshield piece for the gun...???...LOL! (wth... it came with it!) lol. anyway, good luck on finding one... they're really cool. (and, my girls love going downstairs and taking their he-man toys and playing with daddy's Eternia, too!)
    Congrats on the bike to you too!

lol... haven't seen that movie (don't shoot!), but, thanks dude!

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    like my man napoleon dynamite would say!!!!

LUCKY!!!!!

Does yours have any markings on it? I wonder which one came first. I can see it being something like maybe mine was first and then they needed to move to a full guard for safety reasons or something, possibly. I'm still amazed at how great of shape yours is in!

Yes, definitely post more pics of your collection. And yes, it IS awesome sharing all of this with your kids. My son just turned 2 and is always carrying around his Classics He-man and Skeletor. My 4 year old daughter really likes it and She-Ra as well. Awesome that you named your daughter Teela!

I'm definitely jealous of Eternia. I've got the big red gun from it, but that's it, lol. Hopefully one day!