Thread: Sazariel Gallery - Though Heroes Fall

Heroic Warrior

Sazariel Gallery - Though Heroes Fall

These digital images - there are more to come - are NOT my own work (I don't have anything like this degree of talent!) but were done to illustrate a MotU story of mine by a digital artist friend, Sazariel.

The piece itself - with the images in their proper context - may be found here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Tale-of-He-Man

Title Page - Though Heroes Fall photo ThoughHeroesFall-TitlePage_zps899105bb.jpg

Though Heroes Fall - Title Page

Evil-Lyn about her spell-casting photo Evil-Lynaboutherspell-casting_zps3b517b98.jpg

Evil-Lyn about her spell-casting

He-Man captured by Evil-Lyn photo He-MancapturedbyEvil-Lyn_zps3861d40f.jpg

He-Man captured by Evil-Lyn

Last edited by Scriptor; July 11, 2013 at 03:35am.

Heroic Warrior
    Updated and enhanced; many thanks to JafariStew for the assistance!

No problem Scriptor! Sazariel has some interesting and beautiful takes on our friends & foes in the Universe!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 9.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Warrior
    An update, to keep pace with the story so far.

photo He-MantorturedbyEvil-Lyn_zpsb5ed361f.jpg

He-Man tortured by Evil-Lyn

photo He-ManandEvil-Lynsslaves_zps2ebf3ff9.jpg

He-Man and Evil-Lyn's slavegirls
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Scriptor; July 2, 2013 at 06:05am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    No problem, Scriptor! Sazariel has some interesting and beautiful takes on our friends & foes in the Universe!
    Thank-you for this; given your own artistic talent then your words are all the more appreciated - and I shall pass them on to the artist with great pleasure!

Heroic Warrior
    Amended and updated

He-Man in torment photo He-Manintorment_zps487a6daa.jpg

He-Man tormented

Heroic Warrior

He-Man in the cell photo request03b_by_sazariel-d64nv5k_zps039d3dfd.jpg

He-Man in the dungeons of Evil-Lyn
    Last edited by Scriptor; July 31, 2013 at 07:47am.

Heroic Warrior
    Chapter 6

HeMan tempted by Evil-Lyn photo He-Mantempted_zps03588409.jpg

He-Man tempted by Evil-Lyn

Heroic Warrior
    He-Man seduced by Evil-Lyn photo request4rt_by_sazariel-d6fiz4u-2altv2ii_zps439989f9.jpg

mmmm..i dont like... not realy he-man. more emo-man....

Heroic Warrior
    Well - you may be right; I let the artist read the tale and come out with her own interpretation and didn't interfere. He does look a little less - dominant - than the average rendition of H-M, true.
    I suppose she was thinking of a younger and more vulnerable version of the hero at the outset of his career.

Still, she has real talent as a digital artist, I hope you would agree - even if the interpretation isn't to all tastes!

Heroic Warrior
    The Triumph of Evil-Lyn photo TheTriumphofEvil-Lyn_zps9aae8349.jpg

The Triumph of Evil-Lyn.....

Widget
    You know, I really like this artwork. It is different from what we usually see and very realistic and lifelike too. The artist must have a lot of skill and talent.

I like very much the lighting effects and the composition of the characters and backgrounds.

They really fit the story as well.

But I would like He-Man to look more big and muscled, I think. But in the story he is only young and inexperienced so this may be why he looks so here maybe?

But all the same it is very good! And the story is very good too!

Eternian princess Princessadora's Avatar
    He-Man in the maw of the serpent photo He-Manhunginchains_zps777f967a.jpg
    For the Hero of Eternia was suspended from the great arch of the cavern itself, within the hollow head of the snake. There he hung on high, his limbs spread wide, held on the unsupporting air by long chains which vanished into the gloom beyond. His near-naked body was lit like a man of new-cast bronze, shining in the sullen and burning glow of the mountain’s fires below him; the very air shimmered and shifted with their heat in which he must slowly be roasting. And there was but one way to come at him – that one, slender buttress of carved rock which flung itself across the gullet of the snake, highest of all the galleries and spurs of stone. Before them was the open floor of the cavern – above them the many rising levels, all of which culminated in that single slender span – and that spread-eagled figure hung there so unnaturally like the cruelest possible parody of a bird in flight.
    I only fight when I have to and every time I hope its the last.

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    Interesting take on MOTU. He-Man could stand to be a little more beefy. This guys closer to Adam's build. The lighting, skin, textures and renders look really professional, but the overall lack of clothing, and the emphasis on bondage is a little XXX. Have you ever read 50 Shades of Grayskull?
    Bugul Noz: The Glorious Hunter
    "So why Oo-Lar? The answer is simple. We really couldn't afford to put boots on He-Man, or sculpt exciting new bracers or armor components. We're just too broke. In a first for any figure- bare feet."

Eternian princess Princessadora's Avatar
    He-Man unchained photo He-Manarisen_zps00ff8024.jpg

“I HAVE THE POWER!”

The Sword flared with inner light; sheer raw energy ran radiant along its length as it was held high aloft – and Skeletor turned away from the ineffable beauty he could no longer bear to look upon, a bright vision of incorruption he had long ago forfeited. And doubt shook him – and fear, for he dared not face this new-risen might. Almost against his will he spoke as he stood transfixed in horror and wonder at the sheer potency of the power which surged in silent streams about him.

“How, in the name of all that’s evil –?”

He-Man stood there before him, very plainly free from the bonds of his captivity which trailed now broken from his limbs; with a snarl the massive figure flexed its arms and the manacles of Horde Steel which had so long restrained him burst asunder and flew in fragments. With two taps from the blade that burned so bright in his hand those about his ankles were shattered into shards. And He-Man, arisen from darkness, turned to the Lord of Destruction and the light of his countenance was terrible to behold.

From Though Heroes Fall, Chapter 10.
    I only fight when I have to and every time I hope its the last.