Thread: how many figures were made without a j hook on the back of the packaging

Heroic Warrior

how many figures were made without a j hook on the back of the packaging

all my figures are sealed away in boxes so i cant confirm. but im looking to hang them up in a few weeks and in order to do so will have to order some of the protective cases. im hanging all my figures on pegs since i have so many and i know the first few figures didnt have hooks to hang them by. im not interested in the cases for protection, only for the ability to hang them so i only want to order the minimum i need. im sure someone here knows.

I have all of my figures hanging using the J hooks, but some of them are reissues like He-man and Skeletor.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    all of mine are first issues. i know heman and beastman dont have one but not sure how many were made after that

I've never seen any without them....they should all have them unless the factory forgot to put one on.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Classic is correct, the original run Beast Man and He-Man do not have j-hooks on the package. The first figure to have this was the original run Skeletor. I have been a collector since day 1 and have all original runs of every figure.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    Classic is correct, the original run Beast Man and He-Man do not have j-hooks on the package. The first figure to have this was the original run Skeletor. I have been a collector since day 1 and have all original runs of every figure.
    Not completely true. My Beast Man bought on Dec 2008 had the hook and I know that some He-Men from Dec 2008 also has the hook, while mine did not.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    so are these the only two than? i think skeletor was the third figure to come out, i just thought there was at least five or so but i guess not

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    so are these the only two than? i think skeletor was the third figure to come out, i just thought there was at least five or so but i guess not
    You're probably thinking about the mailers or something....I think He-Ro was the first to get one....not sure, but I think so....

I've seen original Skeletor card backs....with the original bio....and they had the hooks. I've also seen red eye He-Man and Beast Man card backs from the first run wit the hooks....they must have hit and miss on those two.

I've done a lot of research on MOTUC for a site I'm still in the process of making....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    You're probably thinking about the mailers or something....I think He-Ro was the first to get one....not sure, but I think so....

I've seen original Skeletor card backs....with the original bio....and they had the hooks. I've also seen red eye He-Man and Beast Man card backs from the first run wit the hooks....they must have hit and miss on those two.

I've done a lot of research on MOTUC for a site I'm still in the process of making....
    You are correct, He-Ro & Tri Klops (July 2009) were the first figures to get a white mailer box.... The first mailer box with the character name on it was Adora (Jan 2010)
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Yes the very first Beast mans and He-mans do not have j hooks. Even toward the end of their 43? day sale, they began to ship w/ hooks in place. I've never seen another figure w/o one.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I ordered He-man and beastman on day one and mine came with hooks. I think it was a hit or miss thing from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonSOS View Post
    Yes the very first Beast mans and He-mans do not have j hooks. Even toward the end of their 43? day sale, they began to ship w/ hooks in place. I've never seen another figure w/o one.

My first issue Beastman has one, but my first issue He-man does not.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Been a buyer since day 1, the very first issue He-Man and Beast Man were the only ones without the Jhooks.

I seem to recall Mattel mentioning that half-way-ish through the run they started adding them, so some from og issue have and some do not. I bought two of each and only one of my Beastman had a hook, neither He-man did.

Me and a buddy ordered together on the first day of sale and neither of ours had hooks. Another friend ordered two weeks later and his did.