Thread: Tattoo design rough -King of Castle grayskull meets filmation CGS

Tattoo design rough -King of Castle grayskull meets filmation CGS

I keep telling my wife that I'm going to GET CGS tattooe'd on my arm well so far this my rough sketches to present the Tattoo artist so he has a rough Idea what I'm looking for

I original B+W is in tact SO I can make changes to thing like the bottom left of the castle because thats just messy the B+W is corrected that way I can blow it up for size and add on's and such Because I'd love to get a classic beast man in there somewhere in his orange colors though. Any images people can think of to get him in there please post them here or thoughs and or comments please LMK

This is closer to the final image
    Last edited by smanomega; July 4, 2013 at 08:39pm.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I will be super critical, because this is a tattoo... I would increase the size of the castle, so that the figure images can fit a bit better up into the mouth area. also, alot of the detail on the castle, that are behind the figures, i would not do them, i would just fade the lines....

great image. BC's face looks a little off. but not sure. great idea for a tattoo though. i could see it on a leg or arm.....

The Tattoo is going on upper left arm with the Castle and the sky being on my should and casadeding down from there There are some valid points to your ideas Nothing is in stone or skin for that matter yet here is the B+W that I'll work from I need to get the size right from copies of this one the color one is more for artists color reference.
    I'm going to add in a classic beast man shot from the side because all my MOTU love stems from my 1st figure -Beast Man stay tuned . to the lurkers it's OK to have an opion.

The thing to keep in mind about tattoo designs is for it to hold up for many years and not turn to a blurry mess is the size of it. The more detail you want the bigger the tattoo needs to be. It's not like drawing on paper and any good tattoo artist will look at your sketch and want to redraw it to make it a design that can be tattooed. Just keep that in mind so your not caught off guard when they change things. If you already know all of this then please disregard my ramblings.
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    It's cool, but to me He-mans head is getting lost in the bottom teeth of the jaw bridge, maybe he should be raised a bit, or lowered

Quote Originally Posted by Is-rael View Post
    The thing to keep in mind about tattoo designs is for it to hold up for many years and not turn to a blurry mess is the size of it. The more detail you want the bigger the tattoo needs to be. It's not like drawing on paper and any good tattoo artist will look at your sketch and want to redraw it to make it a design that can be tattooed. Just keep that in mind so your not caught off guard when they change things. If you already know all of this then please disregard my ramblings.
    This will be my 2nd Tattoo my familys names wraped around a heart with wings takes up my other arms upper half so yeah I know the artist will make some changes to it for the tattoo so long as he can get the general idea of it in with the space provided I'm sure he'll remove alot of the black in favour of shading and I'm hoping he will

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    It's cool, but to me He-mans head is getting lost in the bottom teeth of the jaw bridge, maybe he should be raised a bit, or lowered
    I feel you on that I think I'm redoing it with the shield and the ax starting just under the "jawbridge" which will fix the head issue.. thanks for the input. I just finished putting beast man on skeletor left like he's attacking He-man as well the image from the card back reversed to be exact I think it will work out but I need to remove alot of the line work for it to work out in a tattoo. Hope to have more pics up soon.

I like the castle most on the drawing, but as you said it's just a rough sketch, so I'll try not being too critical on it. I'd like to see the fighting scene between Skeletor and He-Man on Battle Cat right in front of Castle Grayskull's "mouth" so that it almost looks like they're fighting on its "tongue", right on the jawbridge, just seeming as if He-Man had just come out of the castle on BC's back to battle Skeletor. That would make the picture more dynamic in my opinion.

Okay here's where I really want to go with this Tattoo. The artist putting this on will probably take some minor liberties with the picture itself and I'm cool with that because I completely trust his judgement. But I just want to share it here

I think there will need to be some work on beast man to clean up some stuff but I totally think he works there. Pysched