Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Prince Dargon "Crossover" Custom.

  1. #1
    #1 Meteorb Fan! Joe Amato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,833

    Prince Dargon "Crossover" Custom.

    Well here is my latest "Crossover" custom, this time bringing Prince Dargon from Sectaurs into the mythos of MOTU. I sculpted the upper head, eyes, antenna, shoulder armor, gauntlets, shinguards, necklace, crotch/belt, and gave him a bio. This is a custom for fun, and not to be taken seriously.







    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior Fisto69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    924
    Well I think you seriously did an amazing job with him!

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior evenflow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Jersey Represent
    Posts
    4,200
    Very cool, love the idea of cross overs.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    136
    this is freakin cool. love the crossover and I love that bios.

  5. #5
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  6. #6
    Take a stand... 2015! Zargon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dark Hemisphere - Texas Region
    Posts
    3,074
    Great ideas and custom.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior H.A.L.9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fabtabulous Massland
    Posts
    1,106
    I want this!!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

  8. #8
    #1 Meteorb Fan! Joe Amato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,833
    Thank you very much everyone. This is my favorite custom I have made so far. MOTU and Sectaurs were the main lines I collected growing up.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

  9. #9
    Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bologna - Italy
    Posts
    4,598
    that's really cool! awesome work: congrats.

  10. #10
    #1 Meteorb Fan! Joe Amato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,833
    Thank you Charlie!
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Maul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    169
    That's great! I'm with snakeeyes0217, you nailed the color! Unfortunately, now you HAVE to make Dragonflyer to go with him!

  12. #12
    #1 Meteorb Fan! Joe Amato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    That's great! I'm with snakeeyes0217, you nailed the color! Unfortunately, now you HAVE to make Dragonflyer to go with him!
    Thank you! And yes, Dragonflyer would be a "giant" project!
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

  13. #13
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,803
    so, amazingly awesome! i'm such a huge fan of sectaurs.
    this is such a professionally made custom. i was so tempted to buy him.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    Well here is my latest "Crossover" custom, this time bringing Prince Dargon from Sectaurs into the mythos of MOTU. I sculpted the upper head, eyes, antenna, shoulder armor, gauntlets, shinguards, necklace, crotch/belt, and gave him a bio. This is a custom for fun, and not to be taken seriously.

    http://imageshack.us/a/img834/2305/2tls.jpg

    http://imageshack.us/a/img32/3656/v4oy.jpg

    http://imageshack.us/a/img35/2571/jbjz.jpg

    http://imageshack.us/a/img51/6182/7xx8.jpg
    WOW --SOOO nice! Wish we would see a Sectaurs revival one day that would look like this

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,249
    Excellent work Joe! The paintjob is amazing! You got the colors spot on to the vintage toy, an the sculpted details really nail this one as an outstanding good custom figures!

    Great work!

  16. #16
    Priest to Divine Teela'na Necrono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    147
    Oh my God! LOVE THIS! Thank you, so much, for reminding me of one of the best toys ever!

  17. #17
    Court Magician He-Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rockies of Eternia
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrono View Post
    Oh my God! LOVE THIS! Thank you, so much, for reminding me of one of the best toys ever!
    Great work on the custom! Can you imagine how big an upscaled Hyve would be?

  18. #18
    Heroic Fan ART Mod! JafariStew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    3,478
    that's one amazing custom!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

    JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.1.14!!

    MOTUC RECORD


    NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

    "Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

  19. #19
    Heroic Podcaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    1,348
    People would love Blackstar to be merged with MOTU (and I'm one of them) but I also loved Sectaurs as a kid and think they would also make a natural merger with MOTU. True story - those Sectaurs insect puppets helped me overcome a fear of insects as a kid.

    Excellent custom! I think the bio is interesting we well, though I would have edited it differently. That is nit-picking though, terrific job all around! I'd buy that in a heartbeat, Matty! Are you paying attention? I bet you could scoop up the Sectaurs license for peanuts. Literally peanuts. Like maybe a bag or two. Didn't Remco go out of business years ago?
    Last edited by SunDevil; July 7, 2013 at 05:39pm.
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

  20. #20
    #1 Meteorb Fan! Joe Amato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    People would love Blackstar to be merged with MOTU (and I'm one of them) but I also loved Sectaurs as a kid and think they would also make a natural merger with MOTU. True story - those Sectaurs insect puppets helped me overcome a fear of insects as a kid.

    Excellent custom! I think the bio is interesting we well, though I would have edited it differently. That is nit-picking though, terrific job all around! I'd buy that in a heartbeat, Matty! Are you paying attention? I bet you could scoop up the Sectaurs license for peanuts. Literally peanuts. Like maybe a bag or two. Didn't Remco go out of business years ago?
    Thank you sir! It was Coleco that made Sectaurs though.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior nemesis15425's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,017
    very cool sectaurs custom figure. great work
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior Tyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,383
    Beautiful custom!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

    ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

  23. #23
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,526
    Great figure, great bio, great work. Well done joseephus!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •