Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.103!

  1. #1
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,518

    Answers to WTFWTK 2.103!

    Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 103 questions!

    This round of questions were selected by Jeevesosiris.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

    1. No-ah: Scott was quoted as saying that if Castle Grayskull did well, the Battle Ram might be the next pre-order. Also, when asked if more vehicles were on the way, Scott told the fans more than once to buy more Wind Raiders if we want more vehicles. But now, after the Wind Raider has sold out, Scott has been quoted saying that because the Wind Raider took so long to sell out, the ship may have sailed for other large vehicles like the Battle Ram, which contradicts what we were told before. Since a pre-order only goes through if we hit the number necessary and you've already paid to design and create the tooled prototype, a pre-order would appear to be a no-risk situation. Is the Battle Ram pre-order still a possibility?

    Definitely not at this time. The Windraider simply took too long to sell through and there is too many "human man hours" needed to produce a toy like the Battleram or any vehicle outside maybe small one manned things or deluxe accessories. Vehicles are actually quite complicated, at least compared to a basic figure. We have such limited resources for the MOTUC line and we are putting all of those into trying to finish up the vintage MOTU, POP and key NA, mini comic and animation characters by 2015 (pending we get enough sub holders each year to have a 2014 and 2015 line). Fans really do vote with their purchase (yes we know you are sick of that line but it is just true) and we did not sell enough Windraiders at full price and quickly enough to justify any more vehicles at this time. Even with a preorder.

    2. Jeevesosiris: In a recent question to Mattel we were told that "Castle Grayskull does not even exist at the time Teela is queen and Sorceress simultaneously." I know that more details of this may appear in a future bio, but to ease the minds of those people who are worried that Castle Grayskull has lost some of its importance in the mythos because of this, will you please clarify what was meant by your statement? Is Castle Grayskull no longer standing? Or has the power within gone with He-man on his New Adventures?

    Sorry, but we are not going to give away the goods here in the letter column! You'll just need to keep reading the bios and mini comics!

    3. Shokoti's Slave: So far we know of Veena, Kodak Ungor and Teela'Na. In all the centuries between the first and last Guardian, has there ever been a male Guardian of Castle Grayskull in the MOTUC mythos? A Sorcerer of Grayskull, so to speak?

    Yes, both men and women have served in this role over the centuries. Some non humans too.

    4. Dynamo Of Eternia: Can the Early Access sales pages be updated to work in a manner that is more like the combined sales page from general sale on the 15th of each month? The general combined sales page is set up so that a quantity can be put in the box next to each time listed and the one "add to cart" button appears at the bottom, which adds ALL of the items to the cart all at the same time. But with Early Access, each item has its own separate "add to cart" button with no quantity box. As a result, when one the "add to cart" button is pressed for one item, you are sent to the cart page. It defaults to a quantity of 1, so that has to be manually changed. But the bigger problem is that you then have to navigate back to the early access page to add a different item, further slowing down the checkout process. This slower process can result in missing out on items. I hope this can be changed before the SDCC items go up for sale via Early Access, as I'm sure a lot of people will want more than 1 of multiple items.

    At this time no, but we are always looking into ways of improving the EA process based on how customers purchase.

    5. facet: Scott, will you please tell us all of the new characters on pages 2 and 3 of the third new mini comic? By this I mean any character that was created by you and your staff, that didn't have an action figure or previously existing media associated with it. Then, also show us exactly where they are in that 2 page spread by either circling them in a JPG and attaching their name or something similar. Thanks!

    He-Man.org were kind enough to also send over a visual to assist with this question. Based on this visual, the character labeled "Golden Rod" are generic members of the Viper Squadron, the character labeled "Snow Thief" is actually Goldenrod (Snarrrlll the Snow Thief is above Mosquitor). The two characters behind BlastAttak are Strettch Nek and Vypor.

    --------------------

    Click here to ask questions in Round 105!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 39.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 40.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 41.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 42.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 43.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 44.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 45.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 46.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 47.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 48.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 49.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 50.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 51.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 52.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 53.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 54.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 55.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 56.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 57.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 58.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 59.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 60.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 61.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 62.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 63.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 64.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 65.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 66.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 67.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 68.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 69.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 70.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 71.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 72.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 73.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 74.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 75.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 76.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 77.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 78.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 79.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 80.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 81.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 82.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 83.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 84.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 85.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 86.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 87.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 88.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 89.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 90.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 91.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 92.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 93.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 94.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 95.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 96.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 97.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 98.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 99.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 100.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 101.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 102.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 103 questions!

  2. #2
    Master of My Soul MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    9,185
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

    4. Dynamo Of Eternia: Can the Early Access sales pages be updated to work in a manner that is more like the combined sales page from general sale on the 15th of each month? The general combined sales page is set up so that a quantity can be put in the box next to each time listed and the one "add to cart" button appears at the bottom, which adds ALL of the items to the cart all at the same time. But with Early Access, each item has its own separate "add to cart" button with no quantity box. As a result, when one the "add to cart" button is pressed for one item, you are sent to the cart page. It defaults to a quantity of 1, so that has to be manually changed. But the bigger problem is that you then have to navigate back to the early access page to add a different item, further slowing down the checkout process. This slower process can result in missing out on items. I hope this can be changed before the SDCC items go up for sale via Early Access, as I'm sure a lot of people will want more than 1 of multiple items.

    At this time no, but we are always looking into ways of improving the EA process based on how customers purchase.
    I am very disappointed in this answer. Buying multiple items during EA is a headache and time-consuming which results into items being sold out before we get everything in our cart. Seems like it would be an easy fix for them, but for some reason they don't want to correct it
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior bigsexy_j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    807
    NO kidding, I don't understand how the coding is there for one sale but not the other. I think that Mattel just likes the press they receive from angered fans who loose an item in their cart during the back and forth. I guess any talking about this line is viewed as a plus for Mattel.

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior benzie-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    112
    "any vehicle outside maybe small one manned things or deluxe accessories" - regarding the question on vehicles?
    So how many vehicles are small and only fit one figure?
    Sky sled?
    Road ripper?
    Who is the real protector of Grayskull?

  5. #5
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,589
    4. Dynamo Of Eternia: Can the Early Access sales pages be updated to work in a manner that is more like the combined sales page from general sale on the 15th of each month? The general combined sales page is set up so that a quantity can be put in the box next to each time listed and the one "add to cart" button appears at the bottom, which adds ALL of the items to the cart all at the same time. But with Early Access, each item has its own separate "add to cart" button with no quantity box. As a result, when one the "add to cart" button is pressed for one item, you are sent to the cart page. It defaults to a quantity of 1, so that has to be manually changed. But the bigger problem is that you then have to navigate back to the early access page to add a different item, further slowing down the checkout process. This slower process can result in missing out on items. I hope this can be changed before the SDCC items go up for sale via Early Access, as I'm sure a lot of people will want more than 1 of multiple items.

    At this time no, but we are always looking into ways of improving the EA process based on how customers purchase.
    This answer is ******** if you ask me, there is no way a professional site builder can't do this....

    Either DR loves to gouge on shipping....which we know is a huge possibility, or they are just too inept to make a properly working site. I'm leaning towards both.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Jeevesosiris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, UK
    Posts
    1,651
    Doh, I hoped they would clear up the Castle Grayskull thing.

    Interesting that there have been both male and females looking after Grayskull at various times.

    I think that the Battleram answer is pretty much the end of the line in terms of hasselling them for vehicles for now. Unless Scott is going to surprise us at SDCC.
    The Lurkiest

    **Scott please make me a Staghorn**

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    448
    Strettch Nek and Vypor? Whoever came up with these names needs to stop. RIGHT NOW.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior goluphi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,247
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    1. No-ah: Scott was quoted as saying that if Castle Grayskull did well, the Battle Ram might be the next pre-order. Also, when asked if more vehicles were on the way, Scott told the fans more than once to buy more Wind Raiders if we want more vehicles. But now, after the Wind Raider has sold out, Scott has been quoted saying that because the Wind Raider took so long to sell out, the ship may have sailed for other large vehicles like the Battle Ram, which contradicts what we were told before. Since a pre-order only goes through if we hit the number necessary and you've already paid to design and create the tooled prototype, a pre-order would appear to be a no-risk situation. Is the Battle Ram pre-order still a possibility?

    Definitely not at this time. The Windraider simply took too long to sell through and there is too many "human man hours" needed to produce a toy like the Battleram or any vehicle outside maybe small one manned things or deluxe accessories. Vehicles are actually quite complicated, at least compared to a basic figure. We have such limited resources for the MOTUC line and we are putting all of those into trying to finish up the vintage MOTU, POP and key NA, mini comic and animation characters by 2015 (pending we get enough sub holders each year to have a 2014 and 2015 line). Fans really do vote with their purchase (yes we know you are sick of that line but it is just true) and we did not sell enough Windraiders at full price and quickly enough to justify any more vehicles at this time. Even with a preorder.
    I wonder how many times this question is going to be asked before certain fans stop expecting a different answer.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

  9. #9
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,495
    (in reference to the response to my question)...

    Great!

    Frankly, as a subscriber, I'd rather early access not even exist. All this does is add complication to me ordering my items. I'd rather have the SDCC items just go up online for anyone to purchase all at once through the regular combined sales page than to have to fight with going back and forth for items.

    And how is this not possible for them to do? They already have the programming in place for the regular sales! It shouldn't be that hard to simply apply it to early access purchases.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  10. #10
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    (in reference to the response to my question)...

    Great!

    Frankly, as a subscriber, I'd rather early access not even exist. All this does is add complication to me ordering my items. I'd rather have the SDCC items just go up online for anyone to purchase all at once through the regular combined sales page than to have to fight with going back and forth for items.

    And how is this not possible for them to do? They already have the programming in place for the regular sales! It shouldn't be that hard to simply apply it to early access purchases.
    That's the problem, they can do it, and make it work one way....but they'd probably screw it up allowing non subscribers access to the EA stuff in the process.... Who knows why those at DR can't do what even simple sites can accomplish.

    I'd honestly be afraid to let DR hold my figures for 3 months....BBTS has it down perfectly....DR....sorry, I'll take my figures as I get billed for them each month.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5,186
    Stretch Neck and Vipor made me laugh
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

  12. #12
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,626
    Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    Strettch Nek and Vypor? Whoever came up with these names needs to stop. RIGHT NOW.
    As opposed to how silly the already existing Sy-Klone, Snout Spout, Buzz-Off, Mekaneck, Man-E-Faces, Clawful and Blast Attak?

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  13. #13
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,320
    Finally get the clarification i was looking for. Thank you TG and Val

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I wonder how many times this question is going to be asked before certain fans stop expecting a different answer.
    I think we don't want to give up due to not letting issues like Keldor's sword, etcc drop and we finally got them.
    I still think somehow this will happen--even if it is a third party? But, I wish the Windraider would sop being used as the reason not to even try a preorder--im sure Battleram would sell EASILY way more than Windraider--but...anyways...

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior Jeevesosiris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, UK
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    As opposed to how silly the already existing Sy-Klone, Snout Spout, Buzz-Off, Mekaneck, Man-E-Faces, Clawful and Blast Attak?
    I agree, the MOTU mythos is filled with ridiculous names. These new one's fit in quite well honestly and if we want Scott and the team to stop coming up with new names people need to stop asking him who every tiny scribble on every page of every mini-comic is.

    Buzz-Off is really the funniest name in the line I think
    The Lurkiest

    **Scott please make me a Staghorn**

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior he-man121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Choppington,Northumberland
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    This answer is ******** if you ask me, there is no way a professional site builder can't do this....

    Either DR loves to gouge on shipping....which we know is a huge possibility, or they are just too inept to make a properly working site. I'm leaning towards both.
    Or they are creating demand,much like the subs and DoS,why make it accessible to everyone when you can keep demand for another two months.

  17. #17
    The Man Called 'V' Shecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    As opposed to how silly the already existing Sy-Klone, Snout Spout, Buzz-Off, Mekaneck, Man-E-Faces, Clawful and Blast Attak?
    Psssst......you forgot perhaps the silliest one of all, Stinkor .

  18. #18
    Mistress of Meteorbs rhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Lincolnton, NC
    Posts
    3,672
    Yes, both men and women have served in this role over the centuries

    Turn around ...every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming round

    Someone must've been psychic!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

  19. #19
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,589
    Quote Originally Posted by he-man121 View Post
    Or they are creating demand,much like the subs and DoS,why make it accessible to everyone when you can keep demand for another two months.
    I doubt it, it's something they should have done to begin with, but initiating the subs page probably took all their combined effort to do as it was.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  20. #20
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,583
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I think we don't want to give up due to not letting issues like Keldor's sword, etcc drop and we finally got them.
    I still think somehow this will happen--even if it is a third party? But, I wish the Windraider would sop being used as the reason not to even try a preorder--im sure Battleram would sell EASILY way more than Windraider--but...anyways...
    Yeah, what he said.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior Darth Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Grayskull's basement
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Stretch Neck and Vipor made me laugh
    Me too.. those reminded me (greatly) of vintage character names... good fun, those!
    Say cheese!!!

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,481
    1. No-ah: Scott was quoted as saying that . Since a pre-order only goes through if we hit the number necessary and you've already paid to design and create the tooled prototype, a pre-order would appear to be a no-risk situation. Is the Battle Ram pre-order still a possibility?

    Definitely not at this time. The Windraider simply took too long to sell through and there is too many "human man hours" needed to produce a toy like the Battleram or any vehicle outside maybe small one manned things or deluxe accessories. Vehicles are actually quite complicated, at least compared to a basic figure. We have such limited resources for the MOTUC line and we are putting all of those into trying to finish up the vintage MOTU, POP and key NA, mini comic and animation characters by 2015 (pending we get enough sub holders each year to have a 2014 and 2015 line). Fans really do vote with their purchase (yes we know you are sick of that line but it is just true) and we did not sell enough Windraiders at full price and quickly enough to justify any more vehicles at this time. Even with a preorder.
    Scott completely ignored what he was being called out on; the fact that he contradicts what we were told before. For anyone still confused about this, the answer is simple. Scott, is a salesman. He will say anything he has to in order to get you to buy his product, even if he has no intention of following through. He'll basically ignore that he said it, just like he did here. Fans did vote with their purchases...the Wind Raider is sold out. Here is a question for you, Scott...how many 2-manned vehicles can you name from the vintage toys????there are none. And before anyone starts saying Battle Bones, that wasn't a vehicle. And the Battle Ram did have the handles on the back for a figure to hang on to, but who seriously considers that the second seat? C'mon, really. The real issue isn't that we won't be getting a full battle ram, it is that Scott won't man up to his contradictions. He wouldn't do it for Castle Grayskull. He wouldn't do it for the Hoverboard.

    2. Jeevesosiris: In a recent question to Mattel we were told that "Castle Grayskull does not even exist at the time Teela is queen and Sorceress simultaneously." I know that more details of this may appear in a future bio, but to ease the minds of those people who are worried that Castle Grayskull has lost some of its importance in the mythos because of this, will you please clarify what was meant by your statement? Is Castle Grayskull no longer standing? Or has the power within gone with He-man on his New Adventures?

    Sorry, but we are not going to give away the goods here in the letter column! You'll just need to keep reading the bios and mini comics!
    In other words, he has no idea. He hasn't made that up yet. Basically, he realizes he goofed up saying that, so now he is going to try and write up some "spectacular" explanation to woo us all back. Personally, I'm not holding my breath for the answer to this. It's my opinion that he really needs to stop writing for MOTUC altogether.

    3. Shokoti's Slave: So far we know of Veena, Kodak Ungor and Teela'Na. In all the centuries between the first and last Guardian, has there ever been a male Guardian of Castle Grayskull in the MOTUC mythos? A Sorcerer of Grayskull, so to speak?

    Yes, both men and women have served in this role over the centuries. Some non humans too.
    See, what the person did here was provide Scott with his answer. Anyone that actually thinks Scott has this all figured out is fooling themselves. He is making this up as he goes along. When someone asks a question involving names or back stories, he literally makes it up on the spot. There isn't any development, or research, or true planning involved at all. All he did was take the suggestion of male Sorcerers made by the original poster and made it sound like, "Oh yeah, that's how it's always been". Scott did the same thing when someone asked why Spector would alter time by taking Evil-Lyn's baby, continuing to ask if it was actually someone else in the time suit or whatever it's called. And, of course, Scott took that and ran with it, heavily implying it was the plot all along. It was a nice, convenient way to cover up the fact his original idea made no sense and got him out of a jam.

    4. Dynamo Of Eternia: Can the Early Access sales pages be updated to work in a manner that is more like the combined sales page from general sale on the 15th of each month? The general combined sales page is set up so that a quantity can be put in the box next to each time listed and the one "add to cart" button appears at the bottom, which adds ALL of the items to the cart all at the same time. But with Early Access, each item has its own separate "add to cart" button with no quantity box. As a result, when one the "add to cart" button is pressed for one item, you are sent to the cart page. It defaults to a quantity of 1, so that has to be manually changed. But the bigger problem is that you then have to navigate back to the early access page to add a different item, further slowing down the checkout process. This slower process can result in missing out on items. I hope this can be changed before the SDCC items go up for sale via Early Access, as I'm sure a lot of people will want more than 1 of multiple items.

    At this time no, but we are always looking into ways of improving the EA process based on how customers purchase.
    What the heck is that supposed to mean? Based on how customers purchase? They purchase the figures just fine in the general sales page where items are bundled together. This is something you already have set up. You're not breaking new ground here. How is this not possible for early access? Get some people that actually know what they are doing for a change, please.

    5. facet: Scott, will you please tell us all of the new characters on pages 2 and 3 of the third new mini comic? By this I mean any character that was created by you and your staff, that didn't have an action figure or previously existing media associated with it. Then, also show us exactly where they are in that 2 page spread by either circling them in a JPG and attaching their name or something similar. Thanks!

    He-Man.org were kind enough to also send over a visual to assist with this question. Based on this visual, the character labeled "Golden Rod" are generic members of the Viper Squadron, the character labeled "Snow Thief" is actually Goldenrod (Snarrrlll the Snow Thief is above Mosquitor). The two characters behind BlastAttak are Strettch Nek and Vypor.
    Please, for the love of God, stop asking Scott to name characters. Strettch Nek and Vypor?.....cause all you need is to misspell a few words and then it's all MOTU, right? I could have sworn we already have a Snake Man that can extend his neck (Rattlor), as well as a hero (Mekaneck), and if you really want to "strettch" it, there is Snake Mekaneck too. Vypor is just a completely effortless name, but what can you expect when describing A SCRIBBLE on a mini-comic page!? This "character" is not even a 1/8 of an inch big, nor a full figure drawing. Why bother naming this? Seriously?!
    Last edited by King Tamusk; July 3, 2013 at 12:52am.

  23. #23
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,176
    Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    Yes, both men and women have served in this role over the centuries

    Turn around ...every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming round

    Someone must've been psychic!
    I hate you for drudging up that memory!!!!


    And I was always able to fit two people in the Talon Fighter...
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  24. #24
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,589
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Scott completely ignored what he was being called out on; the fact that he contradicts what we were told before. For anyone still confused about this, the answer is simple. Scott, is a salesman. He will say anything he has to in order to get you to buy his product, even if he has no intention of following through. He'll basically ignore that he said it, just like he did here. Fans did vote with their purchases...the Wind Raider is sold out. Here is a question for you, Scott...how many 2-manned vehicles can you name from the vintage toys????there are none. And before anyone starts saying Battle Bones, that wasn't a vehicle. And the Battle Ram did have the handles on the back for a figure to hang on to, but who seriously considers that the second seat? C'mon, really. The real issue isn't that we won't be getting a full battle ram, it is that Scott won't man up to his contradictions. He wouldn't do it for Castle Grayskull. He wouldn't do it for the Hoverboard.
    Always has, always will. They just don't want to do it anymore, there is no way a PO would do anything to their bottom line, if it fails it fails, at least they would have tried.


    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    In other words, he has no idea. He hasn't made that up yet. Basically, he realizes he goofed up saying that, so now he is going to try and write up some "spectacular" explanation to woo us all back. Personally, I'm not holding my breath for the answer to this. It's my opinion that he really needs to stop writing for MOTUC altogether.
    I do believe he makes all this **** up as he goes....you're telling me, back in 2008 he wrote every single bio MOTUC would ever need? All 200 - 300+? That's what he says....so that means he knew about Grayskullman, Draego, SLL & Cy-Chop back then, before they were even designed? He knew that we'd get Filmation rights? He knew every single figure that they'd do, even the ones that seem instantly pulled from obscurity?

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    See, what the person did here was provide Scott with his answer. Anyone that actually thinks Scott has this all figured out is fooling themselves. He is making this up as he goes along. When someone asks a question involving names or back stories, he literally makes it up on the spot. There isn't any development, or research, or true planning involved at all. All he did was take the suggestion of male Sorcerers made by the original poster and made it sound like, "Oh yeah, that's how it's always been". Scott did the same thing when someone asked why Spector would alter time by taking Evil-Lyn's baby, continuing to ask if it was actually someone else in the time suit or whatever it's called. And, of course, Scott took that and ran with it, heavily implying it was the plot all along. It was a nice, convenient way to cover up the fact his original idea made no sense and got him out of a jam.
    I think the Male and alien Sorceress idea is just stupid, it's not Green Lantern, it's MOTU....If Grayskull's widow was the first, and there was Goddess, Teela'Na's Filmation predecessor (can't remember her name), Teela'Na & now Teela....that says to me....it's always been a Woman, I mean Sorceress is a Female term, and having a dude do it, just seems stupid....that is what the various "He"-Men are for all those years. Just saying that the role of the protector should be a Female Sorceress, the one who cares for the very walls that house the power.... The male should do his job outside the walls.

    And the addition of Time Travel at a whim to MOTU is stupid, the whole idea of Deadpo....I mean Spectre is lame to say the least, you take a guy from the past, say it won't change things because "he vanished"....well you made him vanish....then make up the story later that SLL was going to sacrifice himself for something, and taking him anyway wouldn't change anything....just because you left holes in the story....

    Sorry, the only time travel on Eternia should be left to the Sorceress to do, not some moron who was nothing more than a Palace Guard then suddenly leaned Temporal skills....ummm...no.

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    What the heck is that supposed to mean? Based on how customers purchase? They purchase the figures just fine in the general sales page where items are bundled together. This is something you already have set up. You're not breaking new ground here. How is this not possible for early access? Get some people that actually know what they are doing for a change, please.
    The inability to combine the EA cart and regular cart just shows the lack of know how for DR....and we wonder why they don't do more than one PO at a time....

    And I'm supposed to trust them to hold my figures for 3 months at a time, and guarantee I get them, and that they'd have enough CS to cover them by then if they are broken? ....again....no.

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Please, for the love of God, stop asking Scott to name characters. Strettch Nek and Vypor?.....cause all you need is to misspell a few words and then it's all MOTU, right? I could have sworn we already have a Snake Man that can extend his neck (Rattlor), as well as a hero (Mekaneck), and if you really want to "strettch" it, there is Snake Mekaneck too. Vypor is just a completely effortless name, but what can you expect when describing A SCRIBBLE on a mini-comic page!? This "character" is not even a 1/8 of an inch big, nor a full figure drawing. Why bother naming this? Seriously?!
    I want the Tug of War guy called Tug-Or, or Ank-Or, Tug Man just seems too much....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; July 3, 2013 at 10:45am.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  25. #25
    Demon Hunter Slayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,802
    Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    Yes, both men and women have served in this role over the centuries

    Turn around ...every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming round

    Someone must've been psychic!
    OMG!! I was just about to post that!! I seriously can't even deal with this. Truly horrifying.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •