Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.103!

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    It's my opinion that he really needs to stop writing for MOTUC altogether.
    Agreed. He doesn't have the knack for this, they need to use a professional for writing the bios, since they're using them to forward some kind of story (which was probably a bad idea to begin with - bios do not lend themselves to story telling).

I don't mean to offend Scott, just my personal opinion.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

How many 2-manned vehicles can you name from the vintage toys????there are none.
    Talon Fighter.

Please, for the love of God, stop asking Scott to name characters. Strettch Nek and Vypor?.....cause all you need is to misspell a few words and then it's all MOTU, right? I could have sworn we already have a Snake Man that can extend his neck (Rattlor).
    I agree, most of these new characters are uninspired. They look like little more than repaints of existing ones. Strettch Neck = green Rattlor. Fang-Or = green Tung Lashor. Snarrrlll = gray Moss Man. Vypor = yellow Kobra Khan. Gladiator = silver Boba Fett. Beast Lord = red Beast from X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Sorceress is a Female term, and having a dude do it, just seems stupid.
    Yep, it's always been the Sorceress of Grayskull, not the Sorceror of Grayskull. I'm not keen on that change.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Talon Fighter.
    Ok, fine...there is ONE vehicle than can have two people. Does that mean Scott will make The Talon Fighter? Probably not. My point was, the vast majority of vintage vehicles were one-seaters when he said they'd probably only get to one manned vehicles. The statement makes no sense.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; July 3, 2013 at 09:02pm.

Ok, fine...there is ONE vehicle than can have two people. Does that mean Scott will make The Talon Fighter? Probably not. My point was, the vast majority of vintage vehicles were one-seaters when he said they'd probably only get to one manned vehicles. The statement makes no sense.
    I agree his wording made little sense, but come on, we all got what he meant. He meant tiny smaller vehicles. Jumping on somebody's every word is always bound to find errors.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

OK ... so we have our confirmation of who Goldenrod and Snarrrlll are from page 2-3 spread in the mini ... but TG did not clarify who the mushy looking Horde warrior is that is standing behind Dragstor's right shoulder (next to the Horde Troopers). I thought this was Snow Thief but apparently not.

So who?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    OK ... so we have our confirmation of who Goldenrod and Snarrrlll are from page 2-3 spread in the mini ... but TG did not clarify who the mushy looking Horde warrior is that is standing behind Dragstor's right shoulder (next to the Horde Troopers). I thought this was Snow Thief but apparently not.

So who?
    Im pretty sure thats Callix, even though he was destoryed in the powers of grayskull episode

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I agree his wording made little sense, but come on, we all got what he meant. He meant tiny smaller vehicles. Jumping on somebody's every word is always bound to find errors.
    What tiny smaller vehicles? There are none. Do you mean the Jet Sled, Cliff Climber, Stilt Stalkers, or the Scubattack? Would the majority of customers really prefer those over the Battle Ram or Attak Trak? And those are not even really vehicles, as they are accessories.

The smaller vehicles are the Road Ripper and the Laser Bolt, but even they are large and no more complicated than the Battle Ram.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; July 4, 2013 at 02:15pm.

What tiny smaller vehicles? There are none. Do you mean the Jet Sled, Cliff Climber, Stilt Stalkers, or the Scubattack? Would the majority of customers really prefer those over the Battle Ram or Attak Trak? And those are not even really vehicles, as they are accessories.

The smaller vehicles are the Road Ripper and the Laser Bolt, but even they are large and no more complicated than the Battle Ram.
    I think those are exactly what he meant. And no, of course people wouldn't rather get them than actual vehicles. That wasn't the point I was making or arguing. My point was that he made a statement and as ever - his words were picked apart needlessly.

The bottom line here is that - - Mattel are NOT making more vehicles - although they could potentially visit smaller vehicles like you have listed. And yes, maybe they could be classed as accessories, (although if I were more inclinded to be stubborn I would argue that the Jet Sled in particular was for sure a vehicle) but again, we need to stop nitpicking and face facts. We asked them why they wouldn't and they gave us explanations. We can go around in circles about the decision but the decision has been made.

Sure, I for one would love a Battle Ram - but I can accept that we are not getting one (unless he is going to surprise us at SDCC that is)
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I wonder how many times this question is going to be asked before certain fans stop expecting a different answer.
    Because the answer we get doesn`t make any sense... why not a battle ram preorder???

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I agree, most of these new characters are uninspired. They look like little more than repaints of existing ones. Strettch Neck = green Rattlor. Fang-Or = green Tung Lashor. Snarrrlll = gray Moss Man. Vypor = yellow Kobra Khan. Gladiator = silver Boba Fett. Beast Lord = red Beast from X-Men.
    Finally.... a legitimate complaint!!!

I'm a FIRM believer that nearly EVERYTHING fits into MOTU. Once you add robot elephents, cowboys and ninjas in a line... everything is fair game.

The names for this line have ALWAYS been ridiculous and simplistic... Fang-or is no less worthy of a name then Rattlor.

However, cheap repaints and charcters that do the same thing as two or three OTHER charcters already in the line? THAT is something worth being annoyed about. I'd rather have a dozen spectors or Laser-lots then YETANOTHER SNAKEMAN... who does the same thing as the REST of the snakemen....

I'd guess we'll see a Sky Sled released at some point.

"and we did not sell enough Windraiders at full price and quickly enough to justify any more vehicles at this time. Even with a preorder."

I agree with the person who posted this question. For the longest time (prior to the sell through of course) Scott's refrain was "if you want to see more vehicles buy those Windraider's" and now that it's finally happened there is no 'gold' at the end of that rainbow. Total disconcerting BS, Scott and you should literally be ashamed of yourself. At least have the cajones to say, once the WR sells out we'll still not be able to make another vehicle, but we really need to sell through what we have so that we can make other stuff. Some measure of hope (that's real) is better than nothing.
    Last edited by Stygian360; July 9, 2013 at 04:50pm.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!