View Poll Results: Would you have preferred to know who the sub-exclusive is?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes definetly!

59 66.29%
  • Nah, i love surprises.

20 22.47%
  • Don't care at all about this one.

10 11.24%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you have preferred to know who the sub-exclusive is?

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar

Would you have preferred to know who the sub-exclusive is?

I love a good mystery but how do you guys feel about the UnNamed One ?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Would you have preferred to know who the sub-exclusive is?
    Yes. Knowldege is power. And knowing is half the battle. Plus it could be more than meets the eye.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I don't think that the subs are in a secure enough place to try to convince those on the fence with mysteries.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

It's cool with me.

I sub no matter what, so it makes no difference to me. When I finally do see the Unnamed One, hopefully it will be an awesome surprise.

I also have no doubt that the 2014 sub will go through, so I don't really think it matters much if it entices people to sub or not.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I sincerely don't care about the sub exclusive.
    I'll sub because it's just impossible to be a cherry pickers... too many problems... so I'll enjoy the surprise!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Week 5, polls 17 vote for
    Colonel Blast

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I don't think that the subs are in a secure enough place to try to convince those on the fence with mysteries.
    Exactly right. This was not the time to play games. The sub exclusive is a major selling point. I know ToyGuru, on RGD, told us that we shouldn't think about the exclusive when we make our decisions, but he doesn't have the right to tell me WHY I buy a sub. The exclusive is a selling point and by concealing it Matty handicapped 2014 sales.

Yeah, it still baffles me why this choice was done. You know we the fans expect every slot to count from now on, and that would include the sub exclusive. Why not make it something like Scorpia, Two Bad, or Tongue Lasher? I know they promised to not make the sub exclusive a "must have" figure after Shadow Weaver, but I still think it's more important to sell subs than have surprises at this point. Oh well. Hopefully this is not repeated for 2015. That being said, I'm sure Unnamed One will look awesome.

I don't care, I'll still sub. But he's gonna be spoiled by whomever is selling the prototypes on ebay.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I know what it is, it's like when you forgot your wife birthday or anniversary, so you tell her you have a great surprise for her tonight, but really you have no clue what you are doing. The un-named one, is really the undone one. Just my guess, I have no proof, but under that cloth was not the figure.

I agree, Scott shouldn't be telling us what our motivation should be for buying a sub. Whatever motivates us individually to buy one is positive, despite what it is. If that includes the sub exclusive, then that is a great motivation. Which brings me to my issues with the Unnamed One...

1) was there really a lot of demand for this character? Scott said they remapped 2014 and 2015 to bring us all star figures; vintage and top requested. This exclusive is not highly requested. We just had a vote between Masque and Huntara, two highly requested characters, because there wasn't enough room in the line for both. Here's a thought...make Scorpia the exclusive, freeing up a monthly slot, and now we can get both Masque and Huntara, PLUS there is a highly demanded ALL STAR character as the sub exclusive; which will motivate sub sales.

2) not showing the exclusive is a bad gamble during a time when every sale counts. This is not the time to be playing "fun games" with your customers.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; August 6, 2013 at 01:50am.

Dont care about this one, because I know who the sub exclusive is.

It's the Unnamed one. We all know that. And I am excited. I cant wait to have the Unnamed one.

Oh, wait, did you actually mean would I have prefered to have seen the design? Well sure maybe, but I think the suspense and excitement of not knowing is fun, as intended. Since I never knew who this thing was or what it looked like anyway, no harm no foul.

I just hope I can be strong enough not to look when the chinese ebay monsters release unpainted sculpt pics into the world wide web.

As I seem to be saying alot around here, I am a fan of the MOTUC line. So I am in. They have more than proven their ability, and it's the best line ever.

Awesome Sauce to get a suprise like this.

Heck, but what do I know? I love Standor & Songster.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Dont care about this one, because I know who the sub exclusive is.

It's the Unnamed one. We all know that. And I am excited. I cant wait to have the Unnamed one.

Oh, wait, did you actually mean would I have prefered to have seen the design? Well sure maybe, but I think the suspense and excitement of not knowing is fun, as intended. Since I never knew who this thing was or what it looked like anyway, no harm no foul.

I just hope I can be strong enough not to look when the chinese ebay monsters release unpainted sculpt pics into the world wide web.

As I seem to be saying alot around here, I am a fan of the MOTUC line. So I am in. They have more than proven their ability, and it's the best line ever.

Awesome Sauce to get a suprise like this.

Heck, but what do I know? I love Standor & Songster.
    I feel the same way. This is the sub exclusive, the bonus character for subscribing and its a good choice at that. I would have preferred Eldor, Gwildor or Madame Razz but this poll is not about who you wanted as the exclusive but rather, to know who the Unnamed One is (design wise). I love surprises and I welcome a new yet old character into my collection. If the obscure FFM ($75 item) and King He-Man (a made up one) still got us well above 100% of sub sales in 2013, then the Unnamed One shouldn't really hinder sales, it'll be other factors like DR, design issues, total cost + shipping that do.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Yes, I would have liked to know.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    just imagine the 2014 sub didnt go through and we never got to know who he was

Really doesn't bother me much, at least I know it won't be Flower Power Spector or someone like that.

It's an exclusive, we all should have known it wouldn't be Dragstor or something, they screwed the pooch doing that to Shadow Weaver....Everyone should know it would either be a new character, a repaint (Wun-Dar), or a He-Man variant. We know it's not a He-Man, and if it was another He-Man or a simple repaint, we would have heard BS about that. It's a 100% tooled new figure....and it's not taking a slot, because it's in the proper slot as it is. An exclusive BONUS figure....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yes. Knowldege is power. And knowing is half the battle. Plus it could be more than meets the eye.
    It's Mattel after all....where illusion is the ultimate weapon....when it comes to selling subs.

I would have loved an option that said "I do, but it doesn't bother me"
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; August 6, 2013 at 08:28am.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Snappy Threader
    Of course I would love to know, but I see why they don't reveal it. I will be sad though if it ends up being Snake Mekaneck or soemthing weird like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    haha nicely worded.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    It's cool with me.

I sub no matter what, so it makes no difference to me. When I finally do see the Unnamed One, hopefully it will be an awesome surprise.
    Feel exactly the same.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

It would have been nice to know. But I sub anyway b/c they're too many figures I want anyway.

I think now is the time to reveal all the cards on the table, however I do think if they wanted to really maintain a bit of the surprise element and help market the sub they could have gone with a different tactic. For example, why not host an image of the mystery figure on a webpage that reveals itself more and more as the sub thermometer fills up. They could choose random aspects of the figure to highlight, much in the way of the teaser images during the SDCC figure reveals, and slowly build excitement for not only the figure, but for the subscription as well.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    The surprise is very exciting!
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

I'm cool with the surprise, but March is a LONG time away. Plus, supposedly the subs are in dire need of going through, so I believe the reveal of The Unnamed One would have helped lure people in faster.

I think the mystery is great! Very excited about this one!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

I like a good mystery. The sub exclusive works as that surprise. The rest of the sub - THAT I would like to know before I buy. Common courtesy between seller and customer.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

I think it's a very clever way to do the unnamed one.

I personally doubt it made any difference one way or the other as far as people subbing.

Heroic Warrior
    Saying that the exclusive is the 'unnamed one' means I don't really need to see the figure.

As I have no idea what the 'unnamed one' is SUPPOSED to look like... They can't possibly screw it up. Seeing the figure is irrelevant at this point.

Of course on that point... saying that it's the exclusive is kind of a waste. it certainly doesn't make me want to sub anymore than knowing that someone who is cool and I need to get the sub to get him...