Thread: A Non-POP fan's conversion & Random POP thoughts

A Non-POP fan's conversion & Random POP thoughts

Normally I say when discussing things regarding POP that I am a non-POP fan, but give my two cents anyway. Now I can say that after finally watching all of Filmation POP and collecting the MOTUC figures I can say that I am now a POP fan. I believe that it was just as good as MOTU and just continued the story. I regret not watching this in my youth and can only think that the reason why we (my brother and I) didn't watch it was because the toys were geared towards girls. We really missed out. Now on to my random thoughts.

Castaspella - I believe that she must be really old and uses magic to appear youthful due to her "old lady" voice.

Horde Troopers - I believe that these robots are extremely advanced A.I. with low level intelligence to keep them controllable. Reasons are as follows:
    Act human - playing cards, getting confused, showing emotions, have different voices, etc.
    Referred to as robots, constantly destroyed and replaced, mention just getting their oil changed, etc.
    Have not taken over due to higher intelligence.

Scorpia - I believe that she may be another one of Hordak's experiments. Her only scorpion parts are her hands and tail. She appears to be human. It's possible that she was injured in battle and rebuilt, replacing her hands with pinchers, fused a helmet to her head and fused a scorpion tail to her back. Characters like Buzz-Off and Webstor have a insect/arachnid monstrous appearance since that is part of their race's features.

Filmation Hordak (& Spirit of Hordak) & Imp - I see Filmation Hordak as a mechanical clone body that was made as a back up plan should he ever perish, he may even have several. He has mastered the art of projecting his spirit to such a degree that upon death he can/will project his spirit into a new body so he made (several) clone(s) to continue his reign. I also see Imp as a failed Hordak clone that did not grow to full size and developed other attributes. I see him as Filmation Hordak's Mini-Me.

Who knows, maybe some of my random thoughts will be part of the MOTUC bios of these characters....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Great to hear you are a new PoP fan! I watched it as I thought that He-Man and She-Ra were made at the same time. Plus I had the movies plus more She-Ra than He-Man episodes.

I'm glad that you gave it a chance with an open mind. I personally don't mind if people like MOTU only providing they don't put down PoP to justify their own likes/beliefs about the brand.

I agree with you about the character observations. I could see Mortella only revealing Castaspella's true form as an old lady rather than her being young.

Maybe these might become part of the PoP universe in the future.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    Yay! I'm glad you're able to enjoy PoP now even if you missed it as a kid. Your comments about the characters are interesting, too. I especially like yor Scorpia theory... Makes perfect sense considering Hordak's mechanical abilities and shadow weaver's magic... Love it!
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

Thanks for welcoming to me to the club...
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Scorpia is actually more of an "intertwined species" than Catra is. At least Scorpia's scorpion features are genuine, whereas Catra's only cat feature is her purrrrrring r's; IMO it's so disappointing that the only reason she can become a cat is because Hordak stole the Magicat queen's mask and gave it to Catra, as opposed to Catra coming from cat magic herself.

Technically though Scorpia's helmet isn't fused to her head. She and Catra were to have collided in one episode and ended up with each other's headwear on the other's head---it would have been interesting to see what the top of her head looks like! lol

Welcome to the world of POP, some of us (including me) think it's better than MOTU!
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Heroic Warrior
    Its fun to speculate the origins of POP characters, but sometimes things dont have to make sense. I see Scorpia as an evil Horde creation. Perhaps she was a powerful warrior, or an evil woman loyal to the Horde. Her cruelty was noticed by Hordak who offered her superhuman power, fusing her with dark magic to become Scorpia.

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC Cherry View Post
    Its fun to speculate the origins of POP characters, but sometimes things dont have to make sense. I see Scorpia as an evil Horde creation. Perhaps she was a powerful warrior, or an evil woman loyal to the Horde. Her cruelty was noticed by Hordak who offered her superhuman power, fusing her with dark magic to become Scorpia.
    That's awesome BC, I like thinking that as well. Plus she had her own separate domain, Scorpion Hill, in the Crimson Waste. The only other Horde member to have a "home base" outside the Fright Zone (that we know of) is Shadow Weaver with Horror Hall---and we saw what a powerful position she had with Hordak. But Scorpia was usually more of a "supporting villainess" in the cartoons, though it seems as though she had the same assumption of respect/gratitude from Hordak as Shadow Weaver did, taking her own domain into account. But he made Catra the next Force Captain, not Scorpia.

It's all so vastly interesting and juicy...it's like we're given just enough info on her to not really get a good grasp on her background or her position within the Horde, which makes her that more layered and curious for us fans to seek her out.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

You know, I'm kinda surprised that so many people tuned out of POP. My brother and I watched it and it was just a logical progression of He-man to us. I guess there were two pretty stratified groups. Watched it and didn't watch it.
    - I've got my corn sword, I'm good.