Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fortress of power

Heroic Warrior

Fortress of power

I know this thread was closed sometime back....but was wondering if anyone has heard from Ben.....We are now going on 18 months since deposit and refund request was placed over 9 months ...i have checked on their facebook page...they have not responded on there for well over 4 months....i did notice others leaving messages on their facebook page to no avail....i have sent personal emails with no response over 4 months....just throwing it out there if anyone is in the same boat...or has even received a castle....????

as far as i know everyone is still waiting, they don't post about the project here any longer, and don't reply to my inquiries on facebook. i don't have an order, but i want one. such a beautiful castle. idk what the problem is... good luck to you.
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

I've sent a few request but have not heard anything either. The castle is so awesome, if he doesn't want to continue making them I know people that would buy the mold. Myself included. If I had one made out of foam I know a guy that could metal cast it.

This is why I'm sooooooooo glad I never bought into this in the first place. They wanted 1/2 money upfront and almost two years later still nothing. If they are not shipping out the product then they should refund peoples money plain & simple. No one should have to chase them for a refund.

I'm going to be enjoying my MOTUC's Grayskull this November
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    This is why I'm sooooooooo glad I never bought into this in the first place. They wanted 1/2 money upfront and almost two years later still nothing. If they are not shipping out the product then they should refund peoples money plain & simple. No one should have to chase them for a refund.

I'm going to be enjoying my MOTUC's Grayskull this November
    Ditto!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by BAKULL View Post
    I know this thread was closed sometime back....but was wondering if anyone has heard from Ben.....We are now going on 18 months since deposit and refund request was placed over 9 months ...i have checked on their facebook page...they have not responded on there for well over 4 months....i did notice others leaving messages on their facebook page to no avail....i have sent personal emails with no response over 4 months....just throwing it out there if anyone is in the same boat...or has even received a castle....????
    They have just posted a message on FB that they are back.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis15425 View Post
    as far as i know everyone is still waiting, they don't post about the project here any longer, and don't reply to my inquiries on facebook. i don't have an order, but i want one. such a beautiful castle. idk what the problem is... good luck to you.
    You can take over my order if you are interested. I have given up on this project and asked for a refund...

ok, Mods delete this if this is against the rules. But just wanting to help any fellow members who have finally lost their patience as me. ONly reason I am posting here is they refuse to answer posts or emails.

After a long time and patiently waiting I have decided to file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center against the On Deadly Ground guys and their Fortress of Power project. I have waited long enough for a product or a refund. After almost 2 years I have neither. If there are any fellow members who wish to join; PM me and I will add you to the claim.
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    These kids got in over their heads.

Heroic Warrior
    glad to hear I am not the only one who has been concerned about this project......very poor planning and budgeting on this project......let alone the lack of communication....which ultimately gives me reasonable suspicion of fraud

These guys give customizers a bad name. While the sculpt is impressive they are incompetent at everything else, particularly communication.

I was able to get money back for myself and others by going after them as a part of a group I organized, a $4000 legal battle is a stronger position than a bunch of separate ones for $200-400.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Heroic Warrior
    What was it? This castle im referring to

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cash View Post
    You can take over my order if you are interested. I have given up on this project and asked for a refund...
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    These guys give customizers a bad name. While the sculpt is impressive they are incompetent at everything else, particularly communication.

I was able to get money back for myself and others by going after them as a part of a group I organized, a $4000 legal battle is a stronger position than a bunch of separate ones for $200-400.
    Wow, I wish I had known about that.

I would have gladly been a part.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    What was it? This castle im referring to
    It's called "The Fortress of Power," which "happens to bear resemblance" to Castle Grayskull, but isn't actually "supposed" to be Castle Grayskull.

Translation: Some customizers basically sculpted their own version of Castle Grayskull with the intent to make a mold, and make duplicates to sell to fans, with the different name basically being a semantics argument to try and skirt around any legal issues in selling their own Castle Grayskull by name.

They were taking preorders from people when the original sculpt was made (with half of the money up front, and the total cost was more expensive than what Mattel's official castle is going to be), but before they were able to mass produce it. This all started about 2 1/2 years ago, and many people still haven't gotten the product yet or a refund on their preorder amount.

This thread will give you more info:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ead.php?207844

I'm grateful that I never jumped on board with this. I was considering it at one point, but decided against it.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I think it was the pile of beer cans in their pictures that kept me from thinking about it. "where did they get so much money for beer?" There are rules posted here for a reason. There are people here you can trust with your money... and there are those you can not...
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Court Magician
    Hey. Let me shed a little light on the Fortress of Power.

First of all, we haven't gone anywhere, and we are still working on this project. For the first time, we have a number of pieces cast, in various stages of completion. I've been reluctant to post progress shots of the work because it really means nothing until the units are shipped. I believe that's how most people here feel too. And after several false starts on our end, I've been reluctant to say anything about progress on the project until the bird is in hand so to speak. I think the other Ben has sent some recent progress shots to a few people privately, but we won't be posting anything publicly until we have delivery confirmation numbers.

We've also refunded many people. 10 people have been fully refunded. There's another 5 or 6 who are on the wait list for a refund. We're sorry to keep people waiting. If we were still sitting on the deposits, believe me, we wouldn't make anyone wait.

I could go through all the reasons this project went wrong, but you can trace our mistakes easily enough by looking at the original thread linked above. We didn't know what we were doing, and solicited orders based on an unfinished clay sculpt. We should have never taken orders until after we produced the first successful cast. That way we would know just how much work it was going to be. Two molds and a few different casting materials later, and we finally have a handle on it.

I know I've said this before. I don't blame anyone for being upset with us, for thinking we give customizers a bad name, or for thinking we're just straight up dips**ts. But we never intended to hurt anyone or waste anyone's time. We were naively optimistic about what we were capable of. We can't make up for everything, but we're also not going to leave anyone out in the cold on this. Everyone will get their refund or their castle!

Thanks,
    Ben A.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    I almost forgot. Just to clarify, there was no legal battle of any kind. BadVermin was one of the 10 refunded through paypal.

Ben

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by OutForJustice View Post
    Hey. Let me shed a little light on the Fortress of Power.

First of all, we haven't gone anywhere, and we are still working on this project. For the first time, we have a number of pieces cast, in various stages of completion. I've been reluctant to post progress shots of the work because it really means nothing until the units are shipped. I believe that's how most people here feel too. And after several false starts on our end, I've been reluctant to say anything about progress on the project until the bird is in hand so to speak. I think the other Ben has sent some recent progress shots to a few people privately, but we won't be posting anything publicly until we have delivery confirmation numbers.

We've also refunded many people. 10 people have been fully refunded. There's another 5 or 6 who are on the wait list for a refund. We're sorry to keep people waiting. If we were still sitting on the deposits, believe me, we wouldn't make anyone wait.

I could go through all the reasons this project went wrong, but you can trace our mistakes easily enough by looking at the original thread linked above. We didn't know what we were doing, and solicited orders based on an unfinished clay sculpt. We should have never taken orders until after we produced the first successful cast. That way we would know just how much work it was going to be. Two molds and a few different casting materials later, and we finally have a handle on it.

I know I've said this before. I don't blame anyone for being upset with us, for thinking we give customizers a bad name, or for thinking we're just straight up dips**ts. But we never intended to hurt anyone or waste anyone's time. We were naively optimistic about what we were capable of. We can't make up for everything, but we're also not going to leave anyone out in the cold on this. Everyone will get their refund or their castle!

Thanks,
    Ben A.
    I cry fowl on this whole project , here it is Nov 25th 2013 and I still have no castle and they are giving me the same ol excuse as always . I feel as if I have been scammed .
    I collect for the love of my childhood .

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    this whole situation really stinks, i feel sorry for both parties for different reasons. but i mean, to send guys money because they have sweet picture of something they are making and thinking that the business side of things would be like of a company or well known customizer, well, then i mean, its sort of a told you so moment. seems like both sides have learned alot in this situation.

glad that I was not involved financially.

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    I don't know if I'm more patient than most, or just more naive/optimistic.

I know what goes into projects like this, and I can only imagine how many issues arose from one of this caliber. I know the thread was closed long ago, but I have kept in touch with the Ben's through Facebook. They have kept me up to speed when I have contacted them. They even asked if I wanted a refund, but I said no, I can wait, I still want it!

I almost don't blame them for not posting in a while. Every time they do, it has become a hate-fest. They are just 2 guys trying to do something that they (and others) thought would be awesome. So they've had to learn a lot, but it is what it is. They're still trying.

The one piece of advice I would give to the Ben's is to just occasionally post SOMETHING to let folks know that you didn't cut-and-run with the money. Even posting "Hey guys. Still here. blah blah blah". At least they'd know you're not dead...

Right now, I believe they are trying to get custom boxes made, or find the right size or whatever, but at least I know they're still going. In the meantime, I'll still be waiting. Good luck guys!
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

i understand how something like this can be complicated by set backs etc and the time involved. i still think it's such an amazing piece, and i wish i could get one. it'd be worth the wait.

i fully applaud your efforts.
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

Updates are always appreciated. I'm completely confident that we'll receive the amazingly sculpted castles we were promised. For me personally it will be worth the wait!

These two bens took money from everyone who preordered and they wanted 1/2 upfront which was like $200.00. They had no right spending any that money as it didn't belong to them and 2 1/2 years later give excuses about waiting lists for refunds. They both have jobs and should pay everyone back their money and if they have to go without something like buying toys or paying some bills then so be it but Customers money Never should have been spent, it should have been held in a separate bank savings account.

I honestly think the MOTUC's castle is 100 times better. It's in scale with the MOTUC's figures and it has a working inside not just an outside. The two bens were charging $400.00 for a front only that is only 12 inches taller than the MOTUC's Castle Grayskull. Mattel understood the concept of a preorder...No money taken upfront. Only charge the customer when the product is ready to ship.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

for what it's worth, I don't see where anyone's helping by claiming fraud or calling foul. I completely DO understand why folks are upset, and like a couple of others have said maybe i'm just more patient or understanding than most, but I think we should at least give Ben credit for coming on here and admitting they didn't know what they were doing and made many mistakes. truly, what more can you ask for than that? I guess you could say "my castle", or "my money back", and while I understand that (I really do!), I think it should be mentioned that they were ENTIRELY upfront from the onset to anyone who sent them the downpayment that they expected it to take a long time and not to sign up if you weren't ok with waiting an indefinite amount of time. that's what I agreed to, and that's what i'm doing (though, of course, I wish I didn't have to wait so long or any longer!)... and, no one ever had any right to expect to get any refund at any point for any reason... they were clear upfront regarding no refunds, so, I think the fact that they did offer them speaks more to their credit for them acknowledging their failures and shortcomings than it is something folks should feel able to complain about regarding how long it takes to get their requested refund. and, Ben said right there... "Everyone will get their refund or their castle!" honestly, I choose to believe them, and I truly wish more would. actually, i'm personally surprised due to the difficulty and the responses that they didn't choose to just chalk it all up to a failure and refund everyone and be done with it. I am SO HAPPY that is NOT what is happening, because I WANT THIS CASTLE! (that's why I signed on in the first place.) I can wait, because I knew I would (but, hopefully not TOO much longer, Bens? ), and, as I've said all along, I STILL personally feel this is more awesome (especially for an adult display piece... design and style perfectly blended to suit the classics line) than the Mattel playset we're getting. also as has been said, the only real "expectation" I think we have a right to have (and I've told the Bens as much) is to get better communication and more frequent updates... not having to farm them out ourselves. for the remaining 30+ people, I think if they just sent out monthly or even bi-monthly emails in mass to tell the status (hell... even if it's "we've been too busy this month so no real progress"), then I think everyone would rest alittle easier... I truly wish this is something they would take the time and effort to initiate until the last person receives their castle, or refund. now, send me mine! lol.