View Poll Results: Who Would You Choose? Huntara or Lord Masque?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Huntara

109 50.70%
  • Lord Masque

106 49.30%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huntara Vs. Lord Masque: The Org Speaks!

Huntara Vs. Lord Masque: The Org Speaks!

So now we know the SDCC attendee vote this year is determining who will make it into the line as a monthly figure (presumably in 2014?).
    Huntara Vs. Lord Masque.
    So... who here wants who?

I would choose Lord Masque.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Huntara without a doubt.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

My choose is Lord Masque!

Huntara, I think she would make a more interesting looking figure.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Lord Masque for Evil!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I love how this thread reads Huntara vs Lord masque the Org speaks. The org has no voice in this matter unless said members are attending the SDCC Matty Palooza Panel. Voting in a poll here on the org does nothing, only SDCC attendees get to vote.

Unless enough people attend one group of fans could sway the vote. So I urge as many as possible who can attend to make this Vote fair so that neither side stuffs the ballet box because both are highly wanted characters by everyone and Mattel shouldn't be making only those fans at SDCC choose.

Better yet this vote should be open to every 2014 subscriber since the winner of the vote will be in the sub. I mean this isn't like Panthor flocked or unflocked we were all getting Panthor, or Granamyr Red or Green It was still going to be Granamyr.

This vote isn't right or fair of mattel to force since fans want both these characters and now some are forced to choose for everyone.
    Last edited by mjw41; July 3, 2013 at 08:34pm.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

I voted Huntara.

BUT let me say, i think this given choice is not fair because we already get Shokoti and a lot of people will say she isnt complete without Masque.

And in a way the might be right.

Why not pair up:

Huntara vs. Nepthu

Huntara vs Kittrina

Huntara vs. Game Master

Huntara vs. King Tamusk

Huntara vs. Sibyline

All of them were one time characters one from Pop one from Motu fair chance for everyone if you ask me.

And as a sidenote Huntara would need more new tooling than Masque...
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

They both need to be made!
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Tung Lashor, Queen Angela & Lodar

Heroic Warrior
    Huntara!

A Warrior Huntress from the Planet Silax is a much needed addition to MOTUC!

It always astonishing to see how "The Powers that Be" always seem to create some kind of division amongst the fans instead of rallying them all together, as surely this thread is gonna go crazy! Two most want figures (for the most part) and now a small faction will decide what we ALL buy. To be honest I want them both and I guess whichever comes first I'm OK with, but I guess this is another brilliant idea form the Mattel marketing idea machine. Some ideas like maybe sub purchasers should have the vote seems logical considering those are the most committed to getting these figures produced even though that does cause separation as well...

Lord Masque is not that difficult to tool folks, so let's go for Huntara!!! I'm sure Masque will follow...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I love how this thread reads Huntara vs Lord masque the Org speaks. The org has no voice in this matter unless said members are attending the SDCC Matty Palooza Panel. Voting in a poll here on the org does nothing, only SDCC attendees get to vote.
    True. But since most of the .org ISN'T going to SDCC, I thought this thread would be a fun way to gauge what the folks here actually want, vs. the hundred or so folks in a convention hall, some of which might only be fairweather fans.

Masque for me
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Masque please.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

While I'd like to see Huntara eventually, I'd prefer to see Lord Masque released first.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    This one is ssssoooooo easy. LORD MASQUE!!!!!!

Masque, I don't care for Huntara's design much at all.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I would choose Lord Masque, sadly being a single parent there is no way I can even think of attending. Simply too expensive for me to pull off alone.

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Lord Masque. Been near the top of my wishlist since I was four years old, Huntara is barely on my radar by comparison. For the record, I'd be happy to get her, but if I had to choose...
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Lord Masque.

Waaay cooler.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

I do want Masque so that he can go with Shokoti but I've always thought he looks dorky. That helmet and color palate don't do it for me. Huntara all the way!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Either is fantastic, but I choose Huntara 'cause she'd come with cool laser swords.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Gotta go Lord Masque. He was in the more memorable episode. And with Shokoti on the horizon... that really helps his case a lot.

Huntara would make a BAD ASS figure though. Love her color scheme, weapons, hair style, etc... Also a very memorable character/episode from She-Ra Princess of Power. But I gotta go with the House of Shokoti He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. More people have seen that cartoon in the 80s. It was voted in the top 10 fan favorite episodes DVD wasn't it?

Man I really want both of em. Both would make such killer MOTUC figures. I'm hoping we get both within the next couple years, but I guess Masque should come first.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

i vote masque, but huntara will win at the SDCC and here's why.

the voting room will be full of motu and pop fans. The pop fans, being female will most likely vote for the female character.... but MOTU fans outnumber them.... but MOTU fans bring their girlfriends, who arent necessarily fans of either.... yet because they are physically there, they get to sway a toy line they know little about ... and being female also, they will vote for the female character. This outnumbers the votes of people (males generally speaking) who collect the line, and thus huntara will win.... she shouldnt, but she will.

Also, just a note, I do like huntara, but masque is clearly the more story driven, more deserving character.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    i vote masque, but huntara will win at the SDCC and here's why.

the voting room will be full of motu and pop fans. The pop fans, being female will most likely vote for the female character.... but MOTU fans outnumber them.... but MOTU fans bring their girlfriends, who arent necessarily fans of either.... yet because they are physically there, they get to sway a toy line they know little about ... and being female also, they will vote for the female character. This outnumbers the votes of people (males generally speaking) who collect the line, and thus huntara will win.... she shouldnt, but she will.

Also, just a note, I do like huntara, but masque is clearly the more story driven, more deserving character.
    Your argument makes no sense. Both are deserving of a figure. As far as story driven characters, Huntara had a whole episode centered around her.

I do think that this vote should be made by people buying the subs, not a random panel audience. Why should someone that might not buy a sub get to choose who goes in it?

Scott was able to adjust the line up of 2012 to accommodate for Shadow Weaver. And that was late in the game. He could have done the same for the Filmation sub of 2013, swapping out Nepthu for a more demanded figure. They trademarked the name. It's pretty obvious that's who we are getting. The fan polls have shown him to be way low on the customers priority list. Like 40 below.