View Poll Results: Who Would You Choose? Huntara or Lord Masque?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Huntara

109 50.70%
  • Lord Masque

106 49.30%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Huntara Vs. Lord Masque: The Org Speaks!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    I have seen both the huntara ep. and the house of shokoti 2 parter.... a few times ... and I also want BOTH figures. I've seen every POP episode as well, and I am a fan. I never said every pop fan was female, nor that every motu fan was male .... but the pop property was aimed at female, and every time we have a vote the lesser pop fans show up in droves to vote, like seniors at an election.

I stated I do like huntara, and her episode is good. But this is MOTUC, not POPC and Masque is far more important to the masters story, and epic 2 parter than huntara and her 1 she-ra episode.... but never fear, huntara will win .... even if she isnt the fan favorite.

- - - Updated - - -

She-Ra herself is an after thought .... this is MOTU-C, Huntara is cool, I want her too, but she's episode 45 in a cartoon that only exists because He-Man had such awesome episodes like house of Shokoti.
    This line stopped being MOTU-C the moment Adora was announced.

Masque and Huntara both have their own merits. But the idea that casual POP fans who really don't care about the line but want to vote will just rush to SDCC and swarm that panel so that Huntara wins is pretty darn far fetched.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Court Magician
    Lord Masque please

UGH! What a vote!
    I love them both they have great creepy voices!
    I did go with Huntara because i remembered her better.
    I really want a Masque figure though.
    This had to be the toughest vote on the board thus far for me.

Wow! I just tied it up at 57 each. I voted Lord Masque. I think that this is a little lopsided because with Shokoti being made Lord Masque should be a given. I would like both, but went with the "must have" due to previous figures....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Wow! I just tied it up at 57 each. I voted Lord Masque. I think that this is a little lopsided because with Shokoti being made Lord Masque should be a given. I would like both, but went with the "must have" due to previous figures....
    See, I feel that this is not only the fairest argument one could make for Lord Masque (and one I wouldn't even try to argue with), but also the biggest indicated that this is an unfair vote.

Masque IS needed to accompany Shokoti. But if Shokoti hadn't been announced yet, one must wonder how the vote would look. Then again, it's not like the two ever interacted onscreen.

But Huntara is the star of a FANTASTIC episode of POP. And she's every bit as deserving.

Regardless, if Scott truly cared about PoP, he could make room for both. For example, I'm sure Val would love a PowerCon exclusive.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Huntara please!

Lord MASQUE!!!

YES Huntara all the way! Such a great character and would be so amazing to see what the 4H can do with her sculpt. Motu vs. Pop out the door here, just go with toy design representation and Huntara will surely WOW ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Huntara!

Nothing against Masque, but I do think he has a better chance of getting made down the road. He will share more parts and be a "cheaper" figure to make, where TG has said that female figures tend to be more expensive to make. I honestly think that this is Huntara's best chance to get made.

If nothing else...do it for Illumina!
    I still want Lord Masque but he stands a better chance of being made later on anyways.

I just hope there's not a dirty Fisto involved in the voting! Lol
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    While I want Masque more, I hope both get many votes at SDCC. It would be a pity if Mattel would get the impression, that one of them isn't well received by fans...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Huntara is my most wanted character right now.

Huntara over anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I do think that this vote should be made by people buying the subs, not a random panel audience. Why should someone that might not buy a sub get to choose who goes in it?

Scott was able to adjust the line up of 2012 to accommodate for Shadow Weaver. And that was late in the game. He could have done the same for the Filmation sub of 2013, swapping out Nepthu for a more demanded figure. They trademarked the name. It's pretty obvious that's who we are getting. The fan polls have shown him to be way low on the customers priority list. Like 40 below.
    I don't think voting for a character I might have to own, and will have to pay for (regardless if I sell it or not, I still have to dish my money out, and may never get it back) if I choose to resub, should be left to people who may not ever plan to sub.... I think it should have been another vote after you bought the 2014 sub, not an SDCC poll for random fans who might attend.

I wouldn't mind a Nepthu, some day, but I do agree there are far more important Filmation characters out there that deserve the attention first....

But this line has always been Scott's personal toybox, not ours....hasn't it? .No matter how many times we benefited by Scott's wants for figures in MOTUC. Sadly, even with votes, we have no true idea of knowing how many voted for who....and on Scott's word alone....we could get who he wants anyway.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    So the winner will be in the 2014 monthly figure but won't be in the last 3 of this year's Filmation sub? Does that mean both are already made and the voting just determines which sub-group they'll be in?
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Huntara got my vote.

I want both but Huntara is just a better character.

Masque looks cool but that's about it. Remember this was the same character that got his kicked by Orko when he removed his "masque."

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    So the winner will be in the 2014 monthly figure but won't be in the last 3 of this year's Filmation sub? Does that mean both are already made and the voting just determines which sub-group they'll be in?
    No. ToyGuru has confirmed in a recent Ask Matty thread that neither has even made it to the prototype stage. This vote simply determines which of them even makes it that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    This line stopped being MOTU-C the moment Adora was announced.
    Not really, it's all Masters of the Universe....Adora is Adam's sister after all, it's not like they made She-Ra some obscure off the wall new character with a whole new story....POP started off with the MOTU icon himself finding his lost sister....so it's all related....

She-Ra might be the Princess of Power, but being Randor's daughter....by default makes her a MOTU.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    This is Masters of the Universe versus Princess of Power. Lord Masque for me. I didn't know about Huntara a couple of years ago.
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

I'd like to see both in my collection.
    They are both really cool filmation characters.
    But if I'd to choose, I'd pick Huntara!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Scott was able to adjust the line up of 2012 to accommodate for Shadow Weaver. And that was late in the game. He could have done the same for the Filmation sub of 2013, swapping out Nepthu for a more demanded figure.
    Of course he could have, but he purposefully didn't...

They trademarked the name. It's pretty obvious that's who we are getting. The fan polls have shown him to be way low on the customers priority list. Like 40 below.
    ...because on Scott's personal list Nepthu is high up there above Masque and Huntara, so he consciously left out requested A/B-list characters in order to shoehorn his D-lister favourite before the line ends.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Huntara is my most wanted character right now.

Huntara over anyone.
    You're awesome!

This voting is unbelievably even!

While Masque is necessary because we're getting Shokoti, I'd rather get Huntara.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

The results of this poll and in other ones show both of these characters to be consistently at the top of Filmation wants, and virtually dead even with each other all the time. That's more than enough proof to Mattel that they're essential! If there's another Filmation sub next year, they both need to be fast tracked to be in it!

WOW! My first time in this thread & 92 to 92? WTH? I never would have thought it was THIS close! Go go Huntara!

WE WANT BOTH!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

These two locked in dead heat just screams out "Make the loser a Con Exclusive or Sub Exclusive Figure for 2015!"
    I wonder if the '14/'15 roadmap has its convention items locked in as part of the plan, or if those slots are "open". Because if it's "open", then the loser could easily be put into '15 as either that year's Sub Exclusive, SDCC exclusive, or an item for Power Con!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

masque, if only because we already are getting shakoti, and you gotta have both.

Though admittedly had they not made Shakoti, I may not have voted that way.