View Poll Results: Who Would You Choose? Huntara or Lord Masque?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Huntara

    109 50.70%
  • Lord Masque

    106 49.30%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 92 of 92

Thread: Huntara Vs. Lord Masque: The Org Speaks!

  1. #76
    Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,438
    They should just put th in a two pack and call it a day. Good SDCC pack for next year.

  2. #77
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Arkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,980
    never seen such tight results, this would mean, make them both happen into classics

  3. #78
    Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,438
    I hope Huntara gets a bigger reaction next week. Masque is a bigger shoe in for later release.

  4. #79
    Heroic Warrior Danavas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    328
    How did it get down to these two figures possibly not making it into the line in '14 and '15? I don't know much about POP or Huntara but she seems pretty important to POP fans. Lord Masque is easily a top 5 Filmation villain for me as a Masters fan and I think a lot of other fans feel the same way. I like Plundor but if he makes it into the line and Masque doesn't then I will feel like some wrong decisions have been made in the selection process.

  5. #80
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Danavas View Post
    How did it get down to these two figures possibly not making it into the line in '14 and '15?
    This is easy. There are only so many slots for 2014 and 2015 and Mattel has chosen to focus on vintage MOTU, POP, and NA characters with a select few from Filmation, 200X, and mini comics. There probably aren't going to be many slots for Filmation in the upcoming sub years and Lord Masque and Huntara are further down the list according to the recent He-man.org poll:

    1. Scorpia
    2. Sea Hawk
    3. Madame Razz (with Broom)
    4. Lizard Man
    5. Strongarm
    6. Robot Knights
    7. Evilseed
    8. Masque
    9. Huntara
    10. Imp

    As for the rumors about Plundor and Nepthu in the upcoming Filmation sub, we'll have to wait and see. Scott said that the Filmation sub lineup was set in stone (supposedly) before they revamped the 2014/15 lineup. It does seem a bit of a stretch that we have to choose between Lord Masque and Huntara if Plundor and Nepthu are coming this year, but they are independent of each other according to Scott. It's almost like saying "I can't believe we got the Star Sisters/Dekker/Fighting Foe Men, but we don't have Horde Troopers, Glimmer, or Evil Seed yet." The previous sub lineups were intended to spread out the most demanded figures each year. Things will be different moving forward, but they can't go back and change the past.

  6. #81
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Danavas View Post
    How did it get down to these two figures possibly not making it into the line in '14 and '15? I don't know much about POP or Huntara but she seems pretty important to POP fans. Lord Masque is easily a top 5 Filmation villain for me as a Masters fan and I think a lot of other fans feel the same way. I like Plundor but if he makes it into the line and Masque doesn't then I will feel like some wrong decisions have been made in the selection process.
    I admit I have developed a sort of anti-neitlich attitude the last few months, but I'm saying this not out of those feelings, despite some good strides the guy has made with this line, there are some odd choices he made, and if Plundor and Nepthu are in the filmation sub, stealing slots away from Huntara and Masque, it's because HE PERSONALLY wanted those two made over the other two. it has NOTHING to do with fan demand and only to do with his perk of being brand manager, which he admitted he sometimes uses to his advantage, the frustrating part about that is at THIS late stage in the line's lifecycle, it hurts the fans more than it would say two years ago,.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  7. #82
    Heroic Master of Logic Stickfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,532
    if what im reading is true, huntara won it..... which shows my theory was right. Even though all the polls online were close, masque won them all.... but nerds bring their know-nothing although very loving FEMALE partners to the con with them, and BAM, goodbye Lord Masque. Because more "females in the line" is more important than interesting COOL characters..... ugh.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

  8. #83
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    729
    ...except that Huntara is an interesting, COOL character.

  9. #84
    Spirit of She-Ra ! Angel-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cornwall, England
    Posts
    4,063
    Well done Huntara and her fans !!!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

    I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

    IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

  10. #85
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    if what im reading is true, huntara won it..... which shows my theory was right. Even though all the polls online were close, masque won them all.... but nerds bring their know-nothing although very loving FEMALE partners to the con with them, and BAM, goodbye Lord Masque. Because more "females in the line" is more important than interesting COOL characters..... ugh.
    Please tell me you saw her Episode and you know who she is.

    …and since when do nerds have girlfriends???…oh wait that was unbiassed from my part but where could i have picked that up
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither


  11. #86
    Heroic Warrior Veronica Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey aka Cali
    Posts
    406
    I don't think nerd girlfriends account for the 155 to 98 vote in her favor

  12. #87
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,053
    You're wrong.

    Slave2EvilLyn, I, and a few others stood outside the room watching who voted. Most WOMEN voted for masque.

    Guys voted for Huntara. Quite deliberately.

    And we encouraged people to do so.

    Frankly, I felt great seeing her win.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  13. #88
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    Huntara won and the .org vote is STILL really close. 105 Huntara to 104 Masque as of this posting. As long as people still ask for Masque, I'm sure he will come. Every year MOTUC needs some low tooling figures, and Masque definitely fits that bill - and he's fan-demanded! Mattel knows the demand is there. Especially because of how upset many were that we weren't guaranteed both figures in 2014 and we had to make a choice. You just have to make sure Mattel still understands that he's wanted. I desperately wanted Huntara, but will support Masque (who is also very cool and deserves a figure in this line). If Masque won the vote, I would hope others would support Huntara in the line for me.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

    So, how do we go from this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    Huntara is cool, I want her too
    To this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    Because more "females in the line" is more important than interesting COOL characters..... ugh.


    Also, your theory isn't correct. Whomever goes to the con with their partner would get their partner to vote for the character they want in the line. If this skewed the vote towards Huntara, I guess it would mean that more PoP fans have partners? Seriously though, do many people go to SDCC with their partners? I would think if your boyfriend or girlfriend isn't into all this stuff, all the waiting in lines, watching/listening to panels they couldn't give a darn about might end the relationship.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  14. #89
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,366
    God, I am so glad Huntara won!

    That's the other reason I love this line- it seems to always go how I want it.

  15. #90
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I admit I have developed a sort of anti-neitlich attitude the last few months, but I'm saying this not out of those feelings, despite some good strides the guy has made with this line, there are some odd choices he made, and if Plundor and Nepthu are in the filmation sub, stealing slots away from Huntara and Masque, it's because HE PERSONALLY wanted those two made over the other two. it has NOTHING to do with fan demand and only to do with his perk of being brand manager, which he admitted he sometimes uses to his advantage, the frustrating part about that is at THIS late stage in the line's lifecycle, it hurts the fans more than it would say two years ago,.
    Yep. And isn't even more strange that Plundor is actually a Sub release and not a Filmation? Talking about jamming this one down. But I do like him a bit but as you can see SeaHawk, whom IMO should've been the DEFINITE Sub release but then that would not have generated sales for the Filmation Sub and the extra kick is that he will not even be DOS, WOW!!! Reading between lines, just reading between lines....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

  16. #91
    Heroic Master of Logic Stickfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,532
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    i vote huntara, but masque will win at the SDCC and here's why.

    the voting room will be full of motu and pop fans. The motu fans, being male will most likely vote for the male character.... but POP fans outnumber them.... but POP fans bring their boyfriends, who arent necessarily fans of either.... yet because they are physically there, they get to sway a toy line they know little about ... and being male also, they will vote for the male character. This outnumbers the votes of people (females generally speaking) who collect the line, and thus masque will win.... he shouldnt, but he will.

    Also, just a note, I do like masque, but huntara is clearly the more story driven, more deserving character.

    ...see what I did there?
    I do see what you did there, and clever, all but for the fact that she-ra only exists because of he-man, men are the primary collectors of this line, and women for the most part tend to have a once warranted but currently undue chip on their shoulder about being female, and the lack of them in the line, so they do tend to vote for their own gender. As men, we just want the coolest figure, because we have nothing to prove....

    Also, huntara won .... and not marginally .... meaning my originally theory stands.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

  17. #92
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    903
    I'd have voted Huntara, if the poll were still open...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •