View Poll Results: Who Would You Choose? Huntara or Lord Masque?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Huntara

109 50.70%
  • Lord Masque

106 49.30%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Huntara Vs. Lord Masque: The Org Speaks!

pft, lord masque anyday

I would like to see both made, but I guess if I had to choose then I would pick Lord Masque.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I'll be there, and voting for Huntara. Lord Masque is cool, but very generic looking to me.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Huntara.

She's my most wanted one-shot Filmation character, period.

I'd still like Masque, though. But if one has to win, let it be Huntara.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    They both need to be made!
    And I think we don't need Neptu!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

First of all, for those who haven't already done so, just YouTube "Huntara" - it is one of the best written and best animated of the She-Ra episodes. I really feel like even the most anti-She-Ra fans will admit that Huntara is pretty amazing.

And likewise, if you haven't seen the He-Man episode "House of Shokoti, Part 1," then you should, as you'll get to know Masque.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    i vote masque, but huntara will win at the SDCC and here's why.

the voting room will be full of motu and pop fans. The pop fans, being female will most likely vote for the female character.... but MOTU fans outnumber them.... but MOTU fans bring their girlfriends, who arent necessarily fans of either.... yet because they are physically there, they get to sway a toy line they know little about ... and being female also, they will vote for the female character. This outnumbers the votes of people (males generally speaking) who collect the line, and thus huntara will win.... she shouldnt, but she will.

Also, just a note, I do like huntara, but masque is clearly the more story driven, more deserving character.
    I am going to wager that You've never seen the Huntara episode. Saying that Masque is more story-driven actually makes no sense.

Ironically both stories were written by the same man. Larry Ditillio.

Please, do yourself a favor and YouTube it. It takes 20 minutes, and I guarantee you'll like it.

And your explanation for why Huntara will win is really rather far fetched. It's also kind of narrow-minded.

Not every female fan likes pop.

Not every male fan hates pop.

Not every fan of pop is female... In fact I would bet that there are more MALE fans of pop than female just because it has always seemed that, unfortunately, men outnumber women in the fandom for these properties.

There are plenty of straight male fans in this thread alone who have posted that they would vote for Huntara.

I hope you were just being sarcastic.

Now...

One of the many rumors that has been flying around is that Masque was already on the way.

Unless this vote is done EXACTLY like Granamyr's last year, with clear bins filled with tickets (one bin for each option), and the bins placed in the booth display case, I'm going to call shenanigans whatever the outcome. And we are following those bins from the panel to the floor. No ballot box stuffing

Huntara is a character that I thought would sway Scott and several others who seem to dislike anything associated with She-Ra. I assume the dislike on Scott's part based on the imbalance in the motuc line.

But unless people watch the episode, they won't see how cool she is.

I would bet my collection that if the main characters of the Huntara episode were Huntara and He-Man, she would be more demanded than Shokoti.

Look at the Filmation sub.

Both Huntara and Masque should have been in that sub. Instead, we are probably getting Nepthu (unless Scott puts him in the main sub) and/or Plundor.

Why? Huntara AND Masque have always been in the top ten when people vote in polls for most-wanted Filmation characters (well, Huntara has always been; Masque only sometimes).

Nepthu has never cracked the top 40. Plundor has not fared much better (though he certainly had more support than Nepthu).

Ironically, Scott would be lionized as the icon he wishes he were IF he actually listened to the customer base and produced what it wants.

No one wanted a Huntara vs. Masque vote! We wanted BOTH figures.

I just don't understand why we can't get through even a quarter without a misstep
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Also, just a note, I do like huntara, but masque is clearly the more story driven, more deserving character.
    I disagree completely. Huntara's episode is named after her. If you removed her from the story, the episode would not exist.

House of Shokoti was originally written as a single episode. When it went over budget, Larry DiTillo was asked to turn it into a 2-parter, which he did by extending the prolgue and adding Masque to the opening scenes (which became part 1). Masque was an afterthought, not the focus of the story, and once he died the plot continued on just fine without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Either is fantastic, but I choose Huntara 'cause she'd come with cool laser swords.
    ^This. Also in an action figure line she'd make for a better action figure than Masque. I really don't remember Masque doing much in his episode, unlike Huntara (who the actual episode was named after!) Visually and accessories wise, she's a better choice in my opinion.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I vote for masque, shokoti can't be without masque...I want huntara aswell though.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    First of all, for those who haven't already done so, just YouTube "Huntara" - it is one of the best written and best animated of the She-Ra episodes. I really feel like even the most anti-She-Ra fans will admit that Huntara is pretty amazing.

And likewise, if you haven't seen the He-Man episode "House of Shokoti, Part 1," then you should, as you'll get to know Masque.

I am going to wager that You've never seen the Huntara episode. Saying that Masque is more story-driven actually makes no sense.

Ironically both stories were written by the same man. Larry Ditillio.

Please, do yourself a favor and YouTube it. It takes 20 minutes, and I guarantee you'll like it.

And your explanation for why Huntara will win is really rather far fetched. It's also kind of narrow-minded.

Not every female fan likes pop.

Not every male fan hates pop.

Not every fan of pop is female... In fact I would bet that there are more MALE fans of pop than female just because it has always seemed that, unfortunately, men outnumber women in the fandom for these properties.

There are plenty of straight male fans in this thread alone who have posted that they would vote for Huntara.

I hope you were just being sarcastic.
    I have seen both the huntara ep. and the house of shokoti 2 parter.... a few times ... and I also want BOTH figures. I've seen every POP episode as well, and I am a fan. I never said every pop fan was female, nor that every motu fan was male .... but the pop property was aimed at female, and every time we have a vote the lesser pop fans show up in droves to vote, like seniors at an election.

I stated I do like huntara, and her episode is good. But this is MOTUC, not POPC and Masque is far more important to the masters story, and epic 2 parter than huntara and her 1 she-ra episode.... but never fear, huntara will win .... even if she isnt the fan favorite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I disagree completely. Huntara's episode is named after her. If you removed her from the story, the episode would not exist.

House of Shokoti was originally written as a single episode. When it went over budget, Larry DiTillo was asked to turn it into a 2-parter, which he did by extending the prolgue and adding Masque to the opening scenes (which became part 1). Masque was an afterthought, not the focus of the story, and once he died the plot continued on just fine without him.
    She-Ra herself is an after thought .... this is MOTU-C, Huntara is cool, I want her too, but she's episode 45 in a cartoon that only exists because He-Man had such awesome episodes like house of Shokoti.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

I think Huntara is the stronger character for sure, she has an entire episode named after and was a match for She-Ra herself. Masque is cool but he never even appeared on screen with Shokoti so she can be without him, she was without him for the episode that she was in.

I'm also willing to bet that most who don't want Huntara probably have not even seen the episode that she is in.

Heroic Warrior
    Masque without a doubt...

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I'd vote for Huntara, but they both should be made & based on popularity, I'd say they both deserve a figure before Nepthu (not that I'd turn down a Nepthu figure either actually).

Wow. I didn't see it being this much of a dead heat.

No wonder Mattel couldn't decide which to put in the line and are letting folks at SDCC vote. It really does look like a tough choice!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    lord masque is a must have for me
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    tough one - but I chose Huntara
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    More female needed,so Huntara!

Easy, Lord Masque.

I am surprised how even the vote is currently, I did not know Huntara at all before I read about her on the forums. Then again, She-ra series wasn't very interesting compared to He-man as a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    I think Huntara is the stronger character for sure, she has an entire episode named after and was a match for She-Ra herself. Masque is cool but he never even appeared on screen with Shokoti so she can be without him, she was without him for the episode that she was in.

I'm also willing to bet that most who don't want Huntara probably have not even seen the episode that she is in.
    I've seen all 3 episodes in question, and I am not sure I'd pick Her over Masque....ultimately Masque is from MOTU, Huntara is from POP....I never watched POP as a kid, therefore my attachment is to MOTU Filmation & Vintage characters / toys.

Yeah, she kicks ass, but her smokers voice and mohawk kind of kill it for me....plus like I said....I'm more partial to MOTU....

I don't even want Geldor to be fair....I was never into the Comics, therefore I could care less about him.

There is well more than not seeing an episode when it comes to not wanting or liking a character over another....Nostalgia plays a huge part in decisions.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; July 5, 2013 at 11:33am.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

i vote masque, but Huntara will win at the SDCC and here's why.
    I like the thought of Huntara winning at SDCC, but I have to agree with King Tamask, everything else makes no sense at all. Huntara's episode was named after her and completely revolved a round her, and there was a follow up planned (deemed too violent). Masque barely did anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Nepthu has never cracked the top 40. Plundor has not fared much better (though he certainly had more support than Nepthu).
    Top 15-20 would be faring much better my friend! Higher than Huntara....probably not but still let's not downplay the Plundor love. That being said, I think you are pretty spot on about Huntara being a character that could sway PoP detractors. She's an awesome character....probably one of my biggest Filmation PoP wants....well after Madame Razz and Broom, and Imp, and Scorpia, and Vultak.....and Dylamug...... I hope she wins the vote. She'd get mine!

I voted for Huntara because she is a unique sculpt and Pop clearly needs to up their ranks. I absolutely want Masque as well but he will be simple to make and in high demand later down the line. I wouldn't mind him being one of the last figures to get in the line since there needs to be some heavy hitters at the end to keep the line going.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Huntara!

Nothing against Masque, but I do think he has a better chance of getting made down the road. He will share more parts and be a "cheaper" figure to make, where TG has said that female figures tend to be more expensive to make. I honestly think that this is Huntara's best chance to get made.

If nothing else...do it for Illumina!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I really really want both, but my vote will go in the Huntara box. I think she is just a very different looking female figure, more warrior then "princes"

- - - Updated - - -

the voting room will be full of motu and pop fans. The pop fans, being female will most likely vote for the female character.... but MOTU fans outnumber them.... but MOTU fans bring their girlfriends, who arent necessarily fans of either.... yet because they are physically there, they get to sway a toy line they know little about ... and being female also, they will vote for the female character. This outnumbers the votes of people (males generally speaking) who collect the line, and thus huntara will win.... she shouldnt, but she will.

Lets for a sake say you are right that there will be all these number of "girlfriend" votes, which I disagree there will be a lot, but just for argument sake. Those girl friends if they do not care about it, will just give their tickets to their boy friends and let them toss it in where ever they want. So by your argument the "girlfriend" vote should help Masque.

As far as your story driven comment, sounds like you are just assuming b/c one is from POP its less story, which makes no sense, since the writting of a lot of the stories were by a lot of the same MOTU writers, plus by the time they got to POP, they had really started hitting their stride on good writing.

But even visually I think Huntara will make a better figure. I for one will be happy with either, but I think Huntara is more different then we have been getting so far.
    Last edited by fireball13z; July 5, 2013 at 05:20pm.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

i vote huntara, but masque will win at the SDCC and here's why.

the voting room will be full of motu and pop fans. The motu fans, being male will most likely vote for the male character.... but POP fans outnumber them.... but POP fans bring their boyfriends, who arent necessarily fans of either.... yet because they are physically there, they get to sway a toy line they know little about ... and being male also, they will vote for the male character. This outnumbers the votes of people (females generally speaking) who collect the line, and thus masque will win.... he shouldnt, but he will.

Also, just a note, I do like masque, but huntara is clearly the more story driven, more deserving character.

...see what I did there?
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!