Thread: Batman 66 comic

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior

Batman 66 comic

Hey everyone just seeing if anyone else has downloaded the first issue yet, it just came out yesterday digitally first? One of the San Diego comic-con exclusives is a variant cover to the first issue. I got it and really liked it good start so far I could hear the cast from the show in my head they did a good job capturing the feel of the classic show.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I've added this to my hold list at my comic book shop. I've spent the last few months basically weeding out and dropping some of the DCNU titles, so it felt good to actually add a DC book for the first time in a while. I'm hoping they go for the tone from the first season and a half, which had a really nice satirical bite that worked well with the campy scripts and was sadly lost in the later episodes. I wonder, though, if the problems I've heard about with Yvonne Craig will mean no Batgirl in the book, and that would be a shame.

A random idea, though highly unlikely: wouldn't it be cool if Warners got the rights for the 50's Superman show? The tone wasn't as campy as Batman, but I think the characters would mesh fairly well (the Reeve series did get into some goofy stuff as it went along). It would be quite the TV team-up.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    That would be cool. I would read that world's finest. What's wrong with Yvonne Craig?

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Whoa...how did I miss this?!?! I will be adding it to my pull list for sure!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scroogemcd77 View Post
    That would be cool. I would read that world's finest. What's wrong with Yvonne Craig?
    Rumor mill has it that she's holding out for whatever reasons, thus we haven't seen any Batgirl merchandise among the '66 stuff.

Just got on board with digital cable and discovered a station that runs the old Bat series on Saturday morning and evening (as well as Green Hornet). Still classic camp in the earlier episodes, and, while sillier, still watchable in the season with Batgirl. I will say, though, that even I felt a bit icky when Batman broke into a version of "Buttercup" in one of the episodes (can't recall which one, I try to block that out).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    2nd issue out this week digitally and next week 7-17-13 first issue of print copy out

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Rumor mill has it that she's holding out for whatever reasons, thus we haven't seen any Batgirl merchandise among the '66 stuff.

Just got on board with digital cable and discovered a station that runs the old Bat series on Saturday morning and evening (as well as Green Hornet). Still classic camp in the earlier episodes, and, while sillier, still watchable in the season with Batgirl. I will say, though, that even I felt a bit icky when Batman broke into a version of "Buttercup" in one of the episodes (can't recall which one, I try to block that out).
    If she is holding out, it is probably a money issue. That said, Batgirl didn't appear in the show until the show's final season.

Heroic Warrior
    Just got issue 4 Penquin and Mr. Freeze team up perfect team up wonder if it was ever considered for the show?