View Poll Results: Do you will buy Nepthu?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

100 51.55%
  • No

94 48.45%

Thread: Will you buy Nepthu?

Hybrid View

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar

Will you buy Nepthu?

Mattel is askin' to choose between Lord Masque and Huntara and we know that they are both high requested.
    There are also a rumor that Nepthu and Plundor will be released this year.
    I saw a lot of support for Plundor and I can understand why (they convinced me and it's in my wishlist since March) but I can't see how Nepthu can go so soon in production... It will be another Chief Carnivus? (and CC isn't so outta place accordin' to me).
    So Nepthu supporters and Nepthu haters let's scream together, do you will buy a Nepthu?
    If you're a subscriber and you're gonna sell it please vote NO!

Which would you rather have first; Nepthu or Huntara?
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...thu-or-Huntara

Which would you rather have first; Nepthu or Masque?
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...pthu-or-Masque
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; July 6, 2013 at 10:07pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

I'd rather have Nepthu than Plung-or, lol

I think we will be surprised at what the 4H could do with Nepthu.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Honestly, I really hope Nepthu is NOT coming. Such a waste of a slot for the Filmation sub when so many other, cooler characters deserve it. I can understand that he is a "low tool" character that can help offset the tooling for others, but even then, there are other "low tool" characters that are more popular that could be chosen before Nepthu.

I haven't voted yet because I will be buying him, but only because I have a sub. Otherwise he'd be one of the first figures I'd skip. I used to think the character was just bland, but now I hate what he represents, Mattel not listening to the polls!
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Honestly, I really hope Nepthu is NOT coming. Such a waste of a slot for the Filmation sub when so many other, cooler characters deserve it. I can understand that he is a "low tool" character that can help offset the tooling for others, but even then, there are other "low tool" characters that are more popular that could be chosen before Nepthu.
    For example Lord Masque is a low tool character! All we need is a new head, a new armor and maybe a new cape!
    At the SDCC we should choose between Huntara and Nepthu!

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I haven't voted yet because I will be buying him, but only because I have a sub. Otherwise he'd be one of the first figures I'd skip. I used to think the character was just bland, but now I hate what he represents, Mattel not listening to the polls!
    I agree, if we got all the requested filmation figures and then Nepthu, well it's bland but who cares... but if the rumors are true...
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; July 4, 2013 at 12:29pm.

Round 2, vote for

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I agree, if we got all the requested filmation figures and then Nepthu, well it's bland but who cares... but if the rumors are true...
    I'm keeping him. Not thrilled he's coming, but I'm not going to resell him. Who'd buy it? LOL
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I'll be stuck with it because of my sub and no one else is going to buy it on the secondary market. UGH!
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Saurod

If Nepthu comes I dunno, he may make a good Slave for Shokoti with the whole egyptian vibe

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post

I totally agree and my brain says wait to see what he is like if/when he is revealed. I just cannot force myself to want this character before so many others . It is almost like I have to justify his potential in order to balance out my hope that he is not a reveal. Even then, I am not excited about him as much as I have talked myself into a "wait and see" mindset. I still fall into a "please no, please no, please no, please no" mindset regarding him with relative ease.

Regarding the poll, I voted no.

Clearly, if he is in the sub I will buy him because I have subscibed. If the stars are lucky and he is not in this year's subs then I will not buy him.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I voted "No", but only because there was not a "Hell No!" option.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I'd rather have Nepthu than Plung-or, lol

He's just a guy in an egyptian outfit. There's not a lot for the 4HM to work with there, they are at their best when sculpting feathers, fur, scales, and mechanical parts.

Plus he was a one-off villain, not a recurring character. At the end of the episode he became a peaceful gardener. I'm not sure where Neitlich got the impression that Nepthu was a B-lister. There are dozens of figures i'd rather see made before him.

He would seem like such a waste of a slot in the Filmation sub. OS many more interesting characters they could do.

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Do you will buy what? All your base are belong to huh?
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nah, I'm not interested in buying a toy of some shoeless guy running around in his Fruit of the Looms. I know he's a bad guy but man, somebody has got to do a intervention on him for his wardrobe alone.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    I have no idea who Nepthu is.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

If Nepthu is coming which ever sub he is in be it Club Eternia or Club filmation I'll have two of him since I have two Club Eternia subs & Two Club Filmation subs.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    If Nepthu is coming which ever sub he is in be it Club Eternia or Club filmation I'll have two of him since I have two Club Eternia subs & Two Club Filmation subs.
    We don't know... it's only a rumor...
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    the rumor is that he's coming this year... Not that he is definitely in the Filmation sub.

Round 2, vote for

Sure, I'd take him. He's a nifty character. Not the most exciting, but not deserving of much of the hate that's been popping up. That said, I'd rather have Huntara, Plundor, Masque, or even Chef Allen. That being said, though, I'd take pretty much anyone happily.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    It seems that this majorly unrequested D-lister has been shoehorned into the Filmation sub because of being a personal favourite of Scott (and his vehement comments defending the character and arguing that the Filmation sub was supposedly already set in stone before the roadmap was switched to "finish the A-listers, no filler" mode—despite the add-on sub having been announced at NYTF 2013, about 6 months after the SDCC 2012 crisis—only reinforce this impression). So the relevant question would be: "Are you going to be forced to buy this dud that Scott purposefully didn't reveal at NYTF when they were marketing the Filmation sub?"

I am, and three of him, no less. Thankfully, for the most part (taking away the head) his design looks generic enough that I hope he'll be easily reusable as custom fodder. So I plan to keep one as Nepthu and use another for customization, and if possible try to get rid of the third one or use it as more custom fodder.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Oh the conspiracy
    If Scott, as brand manager threw in a couple of his favorites, then good. for. him.

He already explained that the Filmation sub was planned and part of the line before the 2014 rollout of A-listers.

If I was brand manager we would have one or two of my favorites in the line, likely Kudok Ungol, and Zilora. Both who rank low in the polls.

I'm hoping we will be getting these rumored obscure characters in before 2014.
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

Heroic Warrior
    I really have no choice as I'm a subscriber, not really a figure I would be anticipating if announced though.

Heroic Warrior
    Oh the conspiracy
    If Scott, as brand manager threw in a couple of his favorites, then good. for. him.

He already explained that the Filmation sub was planned and part of the line before the 2014 rollout of A-listers.

If I was brand manager we would have one or two of my favorites in the line, likely Kudok Ungol, and Zilora. Both who rank low in the polls.

I'm hoping we will be getting these rumored obscure characters in before 2014.

It's unprofessional to produce undemanded figures, if you need subscribers.

if they make him, I'll get him. I would rather have him than Plundor, since plundor is stupid.

But I hope they dont make him, and I dont feel obliged to buy one, assuming it wasnt in the sub & I'm getting it anyway.

I feel he is very unlikely.

I'm just glad to see the ratio in this poll is almost 50/50. Some people DO want Nepthu, despite the loud opposition. It would be really cool if we got that BlackStar statue as an accessory as well as a crystal Zoar..
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I'm a subscriber so I have no choice but to buy Nepthu if he gets released. I will most likely keep him if he gets a figure because on the secondary market I'll take a loss anyway and to be honest an Egyptian character is cool imo. If I could only buy him day of, I would not buy him because I prefer to spend my money on things I really like especially now with the Toylines I collect becoming more expensive...

There is always the dilemma into play of needing to buy the unwanted MOTUC to green light the wanted ones down the line.
    Hench that's why I'm a MOTUC subscriber in the first place, to support the line so I hopefully get figures I want to see made as well.
    I'd like to see every single vintage released action figures of MOTU, POP and NA made as MOTUC!

If Nepthu is included in the Club Filmation as a slot, it will be very hard to swallow for me because of so many fan demanded figures from the polls which are far more popular. There are so many amazing characters from Filmation which should get made! Nepthu however, isn't listed in the top 25 fan demanded...
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...n-in-MOTUC-Fan
    On another level, if he has a slot in Club Eternia, it changes everything because that was already set in stone before the MOTUC line had the doom thermometer.
    So I would basically be ok with Nepthu if he was slotted into Club Eternia 2013.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=