View Poll Results: Do you will buy Nepthu?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

100 51.55%
  • No

94 48.45%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you buy Nepthu?

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar

Will you buy Nepthu?

Mattel is askin' to choose between Lord Masque and Huntara and we know that they are both high requested.
    There are also a rumor that Nepthu and Plundor will be released this year.
    I saw a lot of support for Plundor and I can understand why (they convinced me and it's in my wishlist since March) but I can't see how Nepthu can go so soon in production... It will be another Chief Carnivus? (and CC isn't so outta place accordin' to me).
    So Nepthu supporters and Nepthu haters let's scream together, do you will buy a Nepthu?
    If you're a subscriber and you're gonna sell it please vote NO!

Which would you rather have first; Nepthu or Huntara?
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...thu-or-Huntara

Which would you rather have first; Nepthu or Masque?
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...pthu-or-Masque
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; July 6, 2013 at 10:07pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

I'd rather have Nepthu than Plung-or, lol

I think we will be surprised at what the 4H could do with Nepthu.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Honestly, I really hope Nepthu is NOT coming. Such a waste of a slot for the Filmation sub when so many other, cooler characters deserve it. I can understand that he is a "low tool" character that can help offset the tooling for others, but even then, there are other "low tool" characters that are more popular that could be chosen before Nepthu.

I haven't voted yet because I will be buying him, but only because I have a sub. Otherwise he'd be one of the first figures I'd skip. I used to think the character was just bland, but now I hate what he represents, Mattel not listening to the polls!
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Honestly, I really hope Nepthu is NOT coming. Such a waste of a slot for the Filmation sub when so many other, cooler characters deserve it. I can understand that he is a "low tool" character that can help offset the tooling for others, but even then, there are other "low tool" characters that are more popular that could be chosen before Nepthu.
    For example Lord Masque is a low tool character! All we need is a new head, a new armor and maybe a new cape!
    At the SDCC we should choose between Huntara and Nepthu!

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I haven't voted yet because I will be buying him, but only because I have a sub. Otherwise he'd be one of the first figures I'd skip. I used to think the character was just bland, but now I hate what he represents, Mattel not listening to the polls!
    I agree, if we got all the requested filmation figures and then Nepthu, well it's bland but who cares... but if the rumors are true...
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; July 4, 2013 at 12:29pm.

Round 2, vote for

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post

I totally agree and my brain says wait to see what he is like if/when he is revealed. I just cannot force myself to want this character before so many others . It is almost like I have to justify his potential in order to balance out my hope that he is not a reveal. Even then, I am not excited about him as much as I have talked myself into a "wait and see" mindset. I still fall into a "please no, please no, please no, please no" mindset regarding him with relative ease.

Regarding the poll, I voted no.

Clearly, if he is in the sub I will buy him because I have subscibed. If the stars are lucky and he is not in this year's subs then I will not buy him.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I voted "No", but only because there was not a "Hell No!" option.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I agree, if we got all the requested filmation figures and then Nepthu, well it's bland but who cares... but if the rumors are true...
    I'm keeping him. Not thrilled he's coming, but I'm not going to resell him. Who'd buy it? LOL
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I'll be stuck with it because of my sub and no one else is going to buy it on the secondary market. UGH!

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    If Nepthu comes I dunno, he may make a good Slave for Shokoti with the whole egyptian vibe

I would buy him if he looks cool, it is just that simple
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I'd rather have Nepthu than Plung-or, lol

He's just a guy in an egyptian outfit. There's not a lot for the 4HM to work with there, they are at their best when sculpting feathers, fur, scales, and mechanical parts.

Plus he was a one-off villain, not a recurring character. At the end of the episode he became a peaceful gardener. I'm not sure where Neitlich got the impression that Nepthu was a B-lister. There are dozens of figures i'd rather see made before him.

He would seem like such a waste of a slot in the Filmation sub. OS many more interesting characters they could do.

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Do you will buy what? All your base are belong to huh?
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nah, I'm not interested in buying a toy of some shoeless guy running around in his Fruit of the Looms. I know he's a bad guy but man, somebody has got to do a intervention on him for his wardrobe alone.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Yes, I would. I've bought much worse characters before.

I'm buying an NA He-Man and that character mentally and emotionally scarred me more than any classic 1980s "nightmare fuel" anyone else can think of.

Temple of the Sun represent!!

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Yep, I'll get him and the rest of the Filmation sub characters. He's not the worst Filmation character that could be put out there but with the ever looming doom and gloom that things are going to end, the slot could have been better used for a more visually appealing character.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Would I buy him...yes, because I want a complete collection. And, I'll be forced to buy him because I bought subs for both Club Eternia and Club Filmation. That doesn't mean I think he should be IN those subs, at least not this soon. If we have to decide between Masque and Huntara, but Plundor and Nepthu are gonna make it, then something is very wrong.

I voted yes, because I really want that Scarab of Power artifact!!!!!
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Would I buy him...yes, because I want a complete collection. And, I'll be forced to buy him because I bought subs for both Club Eternia and Club Filmation. That doesn't mean I think he should be IN those subs, at least not this soon. If we have to decide between Masque and Huntara, but Plundor and Nepthu are gonna make it, then something is very wrong.
    Clearly, you wouldn't feel this way if it was King Tamusk in the sub instead of Plundor. I'd rather get in some obscure characters while we have the chance. Once all the popular figures are made, there will be less of a chance of getting characters like Nepthu, or King Tamusk.
    Last edited by danielsan52; July 4, 2013 at 07:04pm.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    I'll be stuck with it because of my sub and no one else is going to buy it on the secondary market. UGH!
    If nobody will buy it I'll customize it with a simple mix-n-match....

Round 2, vote for

I will have 1 of each subs regardless of how many they are. So I will be buying a Nepthu when he comes out one way or another so my vote is an auto yes....

I have to buy him because I'm a subscriber.

just to be clear, the rumor is that he's coming this year... Not that he is definitely in the Filmation sub.

He could be in the main club eternia sub. After all, Scott said the club eyes is sub had one 200X character and one more Filmation character after Octavia.

However, I would gladly opt to look the fool if Scott pulled the rumored Nepthu figure in favor of another fan-demanded character.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    I won`t buy this character, I`m simply not interested...

Look at my avatar, for Crippsakes!

YES, of course I would buy NEPTHU. But it looks like there won't be much heartbreak if he doesn't happen.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; July 4, 2013 at 11:47pm.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!