View Poll Results: Do you will buy Nepthu?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

100 51.55%
  • No

94 48.45%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will you buy Nepthu?

if they make him, I'll get him. I would rather have him than Plundor, since plundor is stupid.

But I hope they dont make him, and I dont feel obliged to buy one, assuming it wasnt in the sub & I'm getting it anyway.

I feel he is very unlikely.

I'm just glad to see the ratio in this poll is almost 50/50. Some people DO want Nepthu, despite the loud opposition. It would be really cool if we got that BlackStar statue as an accessory as well as a crystal Zoar..
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I'm buying necktie... noodle... nickel, it was definately an "n" word. Mr. Egypt isn't a must have for me, but he would be if they released a sand demon at some point.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I'm a subscriber so I have no choice but to buy Nepthu if he gets released. I will most likely keep him if he gets a figure because on the secondary market I'll take a loss anyway and to be honest an Egyptian character is cool imo. If I could only buy him day of, I would not buy him because I prefer to spend my money on things I really like especially now with the Toylines I collect becoming more expensive...

There is always the dilemma into play of needing to buy the unwanted MOTUC to green light the wanted ones down the line.
    Hench that's why I'm a MOTUC subscriber in the first place, to support the line so I hopefully get figures I want to see made as well.
    I'd like to see every single vintage released action figures of MOTU, POP and NA made as MOTUC!

If Nepthu is included in the Club Filmation as a slot, it will be very hard to swallow for me because of so many fan demanded figures from the polls which are far more popular. There are so many amazing characters from Filmation which should get made! Nepthu however, isn't listed in the top 25 fan demanded...
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...n-in-MOTUC-Fan
    On another level, if he has a slot in Club Eternia, it changes everything because that was already set in stone before the MOTUC line had the doom thermometer.
    So I would basically be ok with Nepthu if he was slotted into Club Eternia 2013.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Warrior
    I'd buy Nepthu even if I didn't have a sub. I like the Egyptian motif. Much cooler than another bland barbarian.

I'm a club Filmation Subscriber so even if I didn't want Nepthu the answer would be yes since he's going to be in that subscription.

The fact is though, I would buy him even if he wasn't in the subscription and was a day of sale item only. I trust the 4 Horsemen to do a great job with rendering the character into the MOTUC classics line and his quasi-egyptian theme could be a precursor to a Horde Mummy and the egyptian inspired 200x Sorceress... I'm all for it.

Heroic Warrior
    So now that this Hunk of Junk is really happening i have to vote yes, since i have a filmation sub

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I have absolutely ZERO interest in this figure. I hated him in the episode and, IMO, he's a complete waste of a sub spot.

If he's on the Filmation sub, then no.
    If he's on the main sub, I've no choice.

If it were up to me, I would not buy him at all.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    The option I have to but don't want him should be there...
    As is I have to vote "yes" because I've got the sub
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I would have liked some eyeliner around his eyes and some additional detailing in his outfit, but overall, I like the way Nepthu looks. Not perfect but he's still a decent figure.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    I will buy it only if that helmet will be improved!

I have a sub so yes I'll be getting him. However, I'd want him if I didn't have a sub...he turned out cool enough.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Sadly yes, I'll be getting him through the sub whether I like it or not. The figure isn't that bad, it's boring and insignificant as a character, but still beats the pink bunny!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Yes, he's part of the sub so I'll have two. Being a completist means i'd have gotten him anyway. After seeing the SDCC pictures of him he's not half-bad, might do a couple of custom jobs on him to bring him up to spec.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

As a Subber he's already in!

My question to all would be this...

If it wasn't for the fact that the line may be taking it's last breathes and making us nervous we may not get certain figures, would anyone truly not want this character if it was strong as it was in '09 or '10?

Now it's just a simple question, not a boat rocking or controversy starting one, just a general question.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Snappy Threader
    Yes of course I will buy him. Cool character....

I'd get him. I mean, he's not mind-blowingly brilliant, but there is something about it that appeals to me. I'm only hoping that there is time to tweak the face before production (unless he's already been made) to give hime some 'egyptian' style eye makeup (like he has in the screenshot posted earlier in the thread) and possibly make him a bit more frowny, rather than with the peaceful smile he has depicted.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

I will get him, as I have a sub, and I also wanted Nepthu. Not happy with the way he turned out, worst job to date for 4H/Mattel Design team, but I will customize mine when I get him.

Maybe my taste preferences are different than many other collectors.

I drastically prefer the HUMAN characters to the monster people, and I like good guys better.

Nepthu is much cooler TO ME than Plundor, for example.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    I like human characters too and I'm glad we're getting an abundance of human villains in this line (Marzo, Nepthu, Geldor, etc).

With that said, Nepthu will be a smug, seemingly untrustworthy ally of good during my playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I drastically prefer the HUMAN characters to the monster people, and I like good guys better.
    With the more detailed human facial sculpts we've been getting recently, I now prefer the human looking characters as well. Sculpts like He-Man, MAA, Sy-Klone, Vykron, Dawg-O-Tor, and Vikor look too much alike for my taste but more recent sculpts like Fisto, Jitsu, and Dekker have made me very happy to add more humans to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Nepthu is much cooler TO ME than Plundor, for example.
    And several of us agree with you on this one.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Don't see whats up with Nepthu maybe face not mean enough like cartoon?

Still a nice addition & for filmation fans too.

Next Plundor & StrongArm grrrrreat.

If I could customize worth a darn, I'd darken his eyes, but I'm not even going to try. I'd just wind up ruining him, and these figs are far too expensive to fool around with.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    If I could customize worth a darn, I'd darken his eyes, but I'm not even going to try. I'd just wind up ruining him, and these figs are far too expensive to fool around with.
    I plan on using some flat enamel and a fine point brush to enhance his look.