View Poll Results: Do you will buy Nepthu?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

100 51.55%
  • No

94 48.45%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will you buy Nepthu?

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Clearly, you wouldn't feel this way if it was King Tamusk in the sub instead of Plundor. I'd rather get in some obscure characters while we have the chance. Once all the popular figures are made, there will be less of a chance of getting characters like Nepthu, or King Tamusk.
    Your thinking isn't wrong and I could agree with you if the line was healtful but it isn't and I can't forget that an year ago someone (I can't use names because they're gonna ban me) was cryin' like a sissy, tellin' us that the line was about to die.
    If it wasn't a scare tactic there will not be a second phase for the most requested characters and our collection will be full of C or D series character....
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

I'd rather have Nepthu than Plung-or, lol

I think we will be surprised at what the 4H could do with Nepthu.
    the 4H could do wonders with an Egyptian motif....no doubt, and still keep the original general Filmation appearance intact.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    For example Lord Masque is a low tool character! All we need is a new head, a new armor and maybe a new cape!
    At the SDCC we should choose between Huntara and Nepthu!

I agree, if we got all the requested filmation figures and then Nepthu, well it's bland but who cares... but if the rumors are true...
    If you're a subscriber and you're gonna sell it please vote NO!
    Masque would need either new thighs or bands for them to have the true Filmation appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I would buy him if he looks cool, it is just that simple
    I buy whatever MOTUC looks cool, despite what it may be....but, other than Griffin, I've not seen a strictly 200X Classics I want, nor is there any NA I want....

Filmation however, usually I would think I'd want all of those, and I have all so far....except having to sell Shadow Weaver for car parts....so I will always have all Filmation MOTUC....-1....cause I ain't a payin $200 for a $22 figure....sucks I had to sell her though.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    sorry
    no & yes.
    hes just not high on my list
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Yes, I will gladly buy any MOTU Classics figure that Mattel chooses to bless us with.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Clearly, you wouldn't feel this way if it was King Tamusk in the sub instead of Plundor. I'd rather get in some obscure characters while we have the chance. Once all the popular figures are made, there will be less of a chance of getting characters like Nepthu, or King Tamusk.
    Don't tell me how I'd feel, because you have no idea.

For the record, I'd feel the same way about King Tamusk, too. We have no idea how much longer this is going to run. I'd rather get the more demanded out first, even thought I do want some B-list and C-list characters. I'd love to see a King Tamusk figure, but not before Masque, Huntara, Lizard Man, Strong Arm, Dylamug, Seahawk, etc.

And, Incidently, King Tamusk is beating Nepthu in the poll I made. But, I will say this, I'd prefer Nepthu over Plundor. I won't mind getting either character. But, I still think they should be characters released at a later date.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I would like Nepthu way down the road after all vintage MOTU, POP, and NA figures are released.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Would I choose him above many others? No. But if they make them I'll buy him. I don't HATE the character. I'm just fairly unimpressed.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    No, I wouldn't buy Nepthu. He's an uninteresting and boring character in my view.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Yes, I will gladly buy any MOTU Classics figure that Mattel chooses to bless us with.
    Amen, brother.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    YES!

I have a sub so that's already a go. B'sides, I have a cel of the guy and he is awesome!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    HaHaHa !.. sorry... I thought that was a joke !

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    I have no idea who Nepthu is.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

If Nepthu is coming which ever sub he is in be it Club Eternia or Club filmation I'll have two of him since I have two Club Eternia subs & Two Club Filmation subs.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    If Nepthu is coming which ever sub he is in be it Club Eternia or Club filmation I'll have two of him since I have two Club Eternia subs & Two Club Filmation subs.
    We don't know... it's only a rumor...
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    the rumor is that he's coming this year... Not that he is definitely in the Filmation sub.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

I have the sub so yes i will buy him.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I have no interest in purchasing Nepthu.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    maybe... for completionsit sake.

I have a club Filmation sub so if he's in that I'm committed to paying for him. If he's in the main sub I'll probably try to trade for him or pick him up on the secondary market for less than cost. (given the negative backlash he's getting that shouldn't be hard)
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Yeah, I'ma gona keep him. I kept goofy Palace Randor after all, and Nepthu will at least be more useful looking than him. I mean I don't have any pharaoh lookin' guys yet, so that'll fill a niche. I'm just hoping that he'll AT LEAST get some minor details added, 'cause all his clothes are just the normal Filmation detailess cloth pieces.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I've always wanted a Nepthu figure so I will definitely get him. Temple of the Sun is one of my favorite MOTU episodes.

Sure, I'd take him. He's a nifty character. Not the most exciting, but not deserving of much of the hate that's been popping up. That said, I'd rather have Huntara, Plundor, Masque, or even Chef Allen. That being said, though, I'd take pretty much anyone happily.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    It seems that this majorly unrequested D-lister has been shoehorned into the Filmation sub because of being a personal favourite of Scott (and his vehement comments defending the character and arguing that the Filmation sub was supposedly already set in stone before the roadmap was switched to "finish the A-listers, no filler" mode—despite the add-on sub having been announced at NYTF 2013, about 6 months after the SDCC 2012 crisis—only reinforce this impression). So the relevant question would be: "Are you going to be forced to buy this dud that Scott purposefully didn't reveal at NYTF when they were marketing the Filmation sub?"

I am, and three of him, no less. Thankfully, for the most part (taking away the head) his design looks generic enough that I hope he'll be easily reusable as custom fodder. So I plan to keep one as Nepthu and use another for customization, and if possible try to get rid of the third one or use it as more custom fodder.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Oh the conspiracy
    If Scott, as brand manager threw in a couple of his favorites, then good. for. him.

He already explained that the Filmation sub was planned and part of the line before the 2014 rollout of A-listers.

If I was brand manager we would have one or two of my favorites in the line, likely Kudok Ungol, and Zilora. Both who rank low in the polls.

I'm hoping we will be getting these rumored obscure characters in before 2014.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    I really have no choice as I'm a subscriber, not really a figure I would be anticipating if announced though.

Heroic Warrior
    Oh the conspiracy
    If Scott, as brand manager threw in a couple of his favorites, then good. for. him.

He already explained that the Filmation sub was planned and part of the line before the 2014 rollout of A-listers.

If I was brand manager we would have one or two of my favorites in the line, likely Kudok Ungol, and Zilora. Both who rank low in the polls.

I'm hoping we will be getting these rumored obscure characters in before 2014.

It's unprofessional to produce undemanded figures, if you need subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    And, Incidently, King Tamusk is beating Nepthu in the poll I made.
    That's it!!! Call China!!!!! Stop the presses!!! A poll has been made on the Internet and it may contradict Mattel's choices!!!
    Last edited by goluphi; July 12, 2013 at 07:51pm.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arent absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I dont collect toys to be miserable. So Id rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage