Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I do agree with SM for the most part. The He-Man in the movie will most likely wear armor and pants. If not a full body suit at least half covered. He will not be in a loincloth and harness this time around. Mattel helped design a super suit for a reason. I'm not saying the current DC version will be the final design but that is where He-Man is headed. 200X had him covered more at the end, the toys had "clothed" repaints, and now the comics have him covering up. I am not sure what is going to actually happen with the toys when the film does come about, but i truly believe Mattel is looking at a different version of He-Man.
    I've pretty much given up hopes of getting a MOTU movie that would be anything like what I want. I see what trade-offs Mattel is making/allowing with the comics, and I see the mentality/philosophy of the bios, and it's not MOTU to me. I don't think Mattel has the guts to put He-man in true barbarian gear up on screen. Too much money to lose and they just don't believe in the property as is.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I have a theory that the 4H might actually make Plundor look pretty awesome and when he does come out everyone's going to be scrambling for him......
    It'd be a challenge, that's for sure, but if anyone can pull it off they can.

I thought Icer was one of the silliest looking Filmation villains, but somehow the 4HM made his action figure look fantastic. I think getting rid of the pupils on his eyes helped a lot; perhaps the same approach would work for Plundor (solid yellow eyes)?

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Would MOTU do the same? Hasn't it been said on some RGDs that when Mattel chooses a direction for the property they abandon all other incarnations in favor of the new brand image? That's paraphrasing, but I'm pretty sure that was the jist of it. Like MOTU to NA, NA to 200x, 200x to MOTUC.

It is a wait and see situation, S*M does point out one of the possibilities though. I've no idea its likelihood, but I won't rule it out.
    Oh, I think it's one of the possibilities... I just don't think what they've done so far really points in that direction. And in this case I think MOTUC will go on far beyond 2015 if sales hold up. I just think last year was a bit of a wake up call about how much more MOTU fans are willing to pay for their figures.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I dont mean to say the movie will be faithful to the 52 look. I do think it will much closer resemble the new look versus the look we all grew up with and still love.
    Classic He-Man will always be THE He-Man to me.
    That being said, as much as it may pain me or the current fan base, they will want to grow and expand it.
    Superhero movies have been doing great the last 10 years.
    Mattel has proven that once a look is over...its over. That is one of the reassons classics is so special. Not only is it faithful to vintage but it ties in all previous eras.
    Its a great way to close the book on classic He-Man, POP, NA, abd 200x.
    I do believe TG has said this before...thats the intention "to tie up loose ends and make it cohesive. Wether we agree to how cohesive the bios are the figures are doing a great physical job of that.
    He-Man hasnt really gone the superhero route yet and to be honest, with the market the way it is with other comic driven movies it may do well.
    You also have to consider other 80's kids, who arent as into He-Man as we are wont mind the change and may very well prefer it as an adult and be more likely to take their kids because they know who He-Man is but arent as tied up in the "He-Man should look this way mindset"
    Making him more superhero like makes him more understandable to kids who are growing up with the X-Men movies, Iron Man, Avengers, Spiderman...and the new 52 Superman look...
    An adult collectors line is not make or break to Mattel, again i think we can all agree to that.
    For me, if i worked at or with Mattel...id rather the potential for millions than a couple of thousand.
    I'm not trying to be a downer...but i really do think its a possibility.
    Also, i really do think right before or right after a movie comes out we wont be seeing MOTUC. Yes, perhaps an SDCC or convention figure if we're lucky.
    I do believe though that by 2015 most fans will be happy with their collection and i do believe Mattel/TG hope do accomplish this so we can better embrace the "new" He-Man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Oh, I think it's one of the possibilities... I just don't think what they've done so far really points in that direction. And in this case I think MOTUC will go on far beyond 2015 if sales hold up. I just think last year was a bit of a wake up call about how much more MOTU fans are willing to pay for their figures.
    Im a bit confussed by this...
    Most comic book readers now-a-days are our age. I think a more classic version would have gone over better...yet they didn't do that. O mean you dont think they are testing the waters on the more "hard core" He-Man fans?
    We dont know saying hes too superhero looking may confirm...yep thats what we wanted.
    If the comic isnt doing that well and the overall reaction, especially on this board, has been meh...why bother asking if we wanted the figures?
    Again...he has a reasson...not just can i get more figures. He told us he was gauging the response.
    I dont think he would have wasted his time.
    I mean lets be honest...if he wanted them made, they'd get made.
    TG has said...numerous times...Mattel is not going back to previous incarnations of He-Man. I mean when have you seen marketing for NA or 200x He-Man lately.
    There ARE exceptions to the rule and we are loving that right now...but it just dosent make enough money to keep it going for another 3+ years.. It is FANTASTIC to have gone this long and we really are lucky.
    I just think it usually ends in disappointment when you think about as a collector and not as a business.
    200x had alot of anger and saddness over how it ended and i do believe they will do better with thus closer.
    A clean break is always better than some long drawn out break-up.
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; July 6, 2013 at 10:57pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Im a bit confussed by this...
    Most comic book readers now-a-days are our age. I think a more classic version would have gone over better...yet they didn't do that.
    Yeah, I don't get that either.

TG has said...numerous times...Mattel is not going back to previous incarnations of He-Man. I mean when have you seen marketing for NA or 200x Ge-Nan lately.
    Yeah, but that was talking about things that were more than 10 years old. And, remember, for Mattel 200X was a big failure. MOTUC has been a success. And is ongoing right now. We've been told several times that MOTUC could show up at retail (in different decos with less weapons, perhaps) to live alongside a movie line. So everything that we've been told as far as MOTUC and future movies is that they could co-exist and that Mattel was even thinking along those lines.

Not to say things can't change, but if we're going off of what Mattel has said in the past, I'd be more inclined to think MOTUC and new movie and New 52 stuff (if they ever want to actually do more with it than the comics) could live side by side.

I think yer being incredibly kind right now.
    I mean...u believe the worlds largest toy company?
    As a fan yes i would love for it all to exist.
    Do i really see them doing that...no.
    He-Man, and i think this is what make him more special, has a much smaller following than someone like Batman & Superman. Also, they've been around for how many years now...i love He-Man more than either of them any day every day but he just doesn't have that market appeal.
    If they want that they gotta come up with something more gritty and the man in the fur loin cloth isnt going to cut it in todays market.
    I want it too. I think most of us do...but honestly...at this point we, as a fan base, are having a hard enough time keeping this sub going. I don't think Mattel is really going to care about pleasing 1% but more like the other 99%. Hence the comic...hence the "oh do u want the 52 figures"...they ARE testing the waters and who better to do it with than people who can tell Mattel MORE about their property than they can us.
    I am NOT saying that is our fault...trust me i put that more on DR & the cost!

I think the real argument isn't that nobody wants plundor or nepthu as much as having to choose between two really fan demand characters. It's kinda like saying we are going to make you choose between your two favorite characters while we make some other stuff out there that's not nearly as cool.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I think yer being incredibly kind right now.
    I mean...u believe the worlds largest toy company?
    But, this is the part I don't understand. You don't believe them when they say MOTUC would co-exist with a movie line. But you DO believe them when they say that when they choose a direction for the property then past looks are shelved!

The truth is, both statements can be true. We were told that past representations like 200X's hyper anime look were a thing of the past in favor of the MOTUC style. Clearly that's only related to MOTUC, not MOTU as a brand, right? They allow Filmation-focused merchandise like the busts. They are allowing New 52 to carve it's own path.

It's MUCH more likely that New 52 stuff might be incorporated into MOTUC (no new bucks needed!) then shelved in favor of some other new line. Only a new movie or cartoon will be important enough to warrant a new toy line, and so far we've been given zero signs that MOTUC can't exist alongside it.

I don't think Mattel would kill the line for characters based on the comic book, but I don't see the line co-existing during a movie year. I don't think they'd devote any resources to a line on its last legs in that situation.

I understand the position that you're in Scott with people at your throat at the moment, but perhaps it would be better to phrase things a bit more tactfully? We are just about to head to SDCC shortly and it would bode well for ALL of the fans (including you) to do as much as possible to keep a positive atmosphere going surrounding the sub.

Also- I'm not sure if you were aware or not but pictures have already leaked of Nepthu with his bird buddy and ankh and the Bow boots so yeah.

A rumor is not a rumor when it is announced by Mattel officially. Some rumors over the years have been spot on, others so far off you need a new map!
    HAHAHA, and basically folks that means Nepthu and Plundor are indeed coming. I find it funny how just the other day he played it off like...

still not sure why fans are so sure they know who are the remaining Filmation sub figures. I mean, why couldn't they be any number of figures? Vultak? Sea Hawk? Madam Razz? Dylamug? Crackers, Hunga? Scorpia? Lizard Man? Strong Arm? Aramesh? Chef Alan, Star Child, Gen Sundar? The list goes on and on folks.

I remember a while back a fan was posting he had "seen" the Clamp Champ sculpt and described it in detail. Factually, that was about 5 months before the prototype was even sculpted.

Rumors are just that.
    He is desperately trying to temper the reaction that's inevitable at this point, because now people are going to call him a liar as well. I am guessing he got a little cocky with comments like "let's squash this "it's Plundor and Nephthu" rumor" and thought he could switch one or two characters up, to debunk the rumors. However, he realized that wasn't going to be possible by SDCC. So, now he is saying some rumors are spot on, when before he supported that they can be completely off. I also like this...

My question wasn't really answered, per se. I understand about the "spreading characters" out strategy, but that wasn't the point of my post at all, ie. just a smoke-screen answer completely ignoring the obvious point of my post. I just wanted to know why you stated that this particular character (Nepthu) was highly requested and said this was factual when I showed you facts from the Org and here on these very forums that indicated otherwise. How does Nepthu only garnering 5 total votes after 3 and a half years, and on top of that only being mentioned 45 times in posts in the MOTU Classics forum of this very site indicate per your very words that he's a highly requested character and mentioned a ton on the boards?

For what it's worth, and this goes back to your answer about the "spreading out" strategy, I have no problems whatsoever with Nepthu being in the line, I really don't, and if his Egyptian motif could tie-in to a 200x Classic-ized Sorceress somehow (hint-hint), that would be excellent Smiler ! But to say one thing that's completely untrue when the facts show otherwise...... Again, I thank you for your time, and wish you a great day!

Honestly, I'm not going to get into a "figure a" is more popular than figure b. especially over unannounced or unconfirmed rumored figures. Not every figure choice will be for every customer.

But to get the straight scoop come to our fan panel Friday July 19 at 11:00 in room 25abc.
    Of course Scott doesn't want to get into a debate...because he has no ground to defend his earlier statements and he knows it. His statements, which he had no problem debating before, about how Plundor and Huntara are at the same level of demand (totally NOT FACTUAL, Huntara #9 > Plundor #23), and that both Plundor and Nepthu come up a lot on the boards (Plundor gets some love, Nepthu gets crickets) were made to justify his choice to have Nepthu and Plundor in either the Filmation or Club Eternia subscriptions. There is now plenty of proof that shows otherwise, with the recent results of the ORG Filmation poll being the latest offerings as to how Plundor is #23 and Nepthu isn't present at all. But, what can you expect from someone that has no clue about Filmation?

NYTF 2013 (Scott describes Icer)

SCOTT: "So, yeah, he's got his icicle thing and his staff..."

PIXEL-DAN: "...of Avion?"

SCOTT: "It's not the Staff of Avion, no. Maybe one day we'll get to that."

It was totally the Staff of Avion.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    But, what can you expect from someone that has no clue about Filmation?

NYTF 2013 (Scott describes Icer)

SCOTT: "So, yeah, he's got his icicle thing and his staff..."

PIXEL-DAN: "...of Avion?"

SCOTT: "It's not the Staff of Avion, no. Maybe one day we'll get to that."

It was totally the Staff of Avion.
    You bring up a point of reality, ToyGuru is not the Masters of the Universe guru. I think this is where a lot of bad feelings come from.

I am a huge fan of this brand, essentially grew up with Masters of the Universe, had every figure my family could find, and my sister loved MOTU and had the Princess of Power figures. We watched the cartoons, a lot. But I don't remember Nepthu. Nor the Staff of Avion. The deeper we're getting into this line, the more hardcore fan must be pleased. I doubt many toy marketing managers know that much about a property. ToyGuru and Mattel has done a decent job so far at least in getting out wanted figures, but their lack of MOTU lore and knowledge is showing more the deeper we get into this thing.

The main fault with a possible selection like Nepthu or Plundor at this point, Mattel should have polled subscribers (like he-man.org is doing now) on what Filmation figures they would want and buy. That way, you wouldn't have any third rate Filmation figures coming out before the most fan requested.

If MOTUC is such a small line, it's critical to appease what the fans want. Otherwise, you're making figures before wanted ones, that create backlash and resentment.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    You bring up a point of reality, ToyGuru is not the Masters of the Universe guru. I think this is where a lot of bad feelings come from.
    So he isn't perfect, who is? I'd rather have Scott as brand manager than some corporate executive who doesn't care about the history of the brand.

Some people need to let it go.

If we are getting Nepthu or Plundor, so be it. I didn't want toys like Chief Carnivous or Dekker, but I wasn't raising pitchforks and fires about it.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

TG has said...numerous times...Mattel is not going back to previous incarnations of He-Man.
    And therein lies the problem....Transformers may have moved past G1, but they still use elements from G1 that worked....Hell the movies were full of G1 references. Granted a better story could have helped, but G1 still lives on in Transformers....through elements or even new comics...

Mattel tries to reinvent MOTU and really, not many are having it....If they stuck to the bread and butter Vintage stories and just updated them, reworked certain elements instead of ripping Masters completely apart and starting over....2 times now, and both efforts have or are somewhat failing. Yet, what clamor for MOTU you hear is still based around Vintage references, and muted violence, as opposed to the slash em all gory thing MOTU has become. Characters are dead, neigh I say maimed or just ripped apart....I get to be realistic characters need to get hurt and all, but hell even on Supernatural Sam and Dean have died at least once each, but come back like Kenny from South Park.

Mattel should follow Hasbro's lead, who has been successful with their core brands time and time again since the 80's....despite a few set backs for Transformers, it still thrives today, and actually so does Joe...

MOTU is a different thing, I get with might and magic....but shows like Once Upon a Time and Grimm, thrive, hell even Merlin was on for a while....Mattel just needs to have love for MOTU, and other than running Classics as a sub, to guarantee sales....it doesn't appear to have much love at all for the brand....NA was a joke....200X was presented badly, and died in a pile of He-Man & Skeletor variants....

Classics being around since 2008 when 200X only had like what....3 years, a **** ton of variants? Should tell Mattel, Vintage works....and Classics has minimal variants compared to the line as a whole, and not to mention more than 3/4 of those variants are Vintage or based on Vintage media....(TP He-Man...Vintage figure, EP Randor....Vintage Filmation).
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    So he isn't perfect, who is? I'd rather have Scott as brand manager than some corporate executive who doesn't care about the history of the brand.

If we are getting Nepthu or Plundor, so be it. I didn't want toys like Chief Carnivous or Dekker, but I wasn't raising pitchforks and fires about it.
    No one is perfect, of course (except Curt Hennig during his WWF run).

What I am trying to get at is that we're at the point in the line things are getting real specific. I don't think many (or any) brand managers would be qualified to know all the X's and O's on what are the most wanted pieces this deep into it. We're getting into characters that not well known, so they carry risk if they're not on the money (both selection and execution wise). Mattel should have thought about doing polls a long time ago (2011 or so) since we're at a point where every slot is critical to keep the line going. Each "meh" choice takes away from a more wanted figure, and has created resentment, fair or not.

So far, I think the Filmation sub is a hit - Icer, Batros, and Shokoti. Hopefully that continues. If not, fans will be boiling (fair or not) should the line end early, that more popular Filmation characters were left unmade.

As I'm the one who posted the threads that were answered on Matty in relation to results countering Scott's claims, I think the issue that a lot of people have is that if he just mentioned the "spreading out characters" strategy as it pertains to Nepthu, it wouldn't have been a big deal since that's what we've been dealing with since Day 1 of this line (a strategy I more than welcome BTW). Sure, people would always find one reason or another to complain about something, but why open yourself up to yet even more scrutiny than you already are by, in essence, putting words in people's mouths (in this case the fans')? To say something that is completely untrue, especially when results completely counter statements that are deemed factual in, ironically, a thread that he created.......I just don't get it ?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

I am a huge fan of this brand, essentially grew up with Masters of the Universe, had every figure my family could find, and my sister loved MOTU and had the Princess of Power figures. We watched the cartoons, a lot. But I don't remember Nepthu. Nor the Staff of Avion. The deeper we're getting into this line, the more hardcore fan must be pleased. I doubt many toy marketing managers know that much about a property. ToyGuru and Mattel has done a decent job so far at least in getting out wanted figures, but their lack of MOTU lore and knowledge is showing more the deeper we get into this thing.
    I think TG's knowledge depends on what he is more familiar toward. I don't know a whole lot of Filmation trivia and lore in comparison to MYP or the mini-comics. TG might be the same way and might not know ALL of the cartoons like the back of his hand.

For example, how many hardcore fans on these forums know the names of the New Adventures Scientists without having to cheat and look them up?

The main fault with a possible selection like Nepthu or Plundor at this point, Mattel should have polled subscribers (like he-man.org is doing now) on what Filmation figures they would want and buy. That way, you wouldn't have any third rate Filmation figures coming out before the most fan requested.

If MOTUC is such a small line, it's critical to appease what the fans want. Otherwise, you're making figures before wanted ones, that create backlash and resentment.
    TG has more faith in the line than the fans do if he wants to hold off on some of the stronger Filmation characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think TG's knowledge depends on what he is more familiar toward. I don't know a whole lot of Filmation trivia and lore in comparison to MYP or the mini-comics. TG might be the same way and might not know ALL of the cartoons like the back of his hand.

For example, how many hardcore fans on these forums know the names of the New Adventures Scientists without having to cheat and look them up?

TG has more faith in the line than the fans do if he wants to hold off on some of the stronger Filmation characters.

I think polling the subscribers would have been the best way to compensate for the lack of familiarity.

I couldn't tell you the names of the New Adventures Scientists without looking them up, if my life depended on it. I didn't even know who the Scientists were until scrolling through the forums the last few years. Only a few people would know this, and I doubt any are marketing managers.

It's Mattel's job to find out the difference between the loud and the numerous. Polls would have been the way (or least a nice way) to capture the customer's wants. With that said, I do say kudos on some of the recent polls they've had (like the shipping options). Should have been done years ago, but better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    And therein lies the problem....Transformers may have moved past G1, but they still use elements from G1 that worked....Hell the movies were full of G1 references. Granted a better story could have helped, but G1 still lives on in Transformers....through elements or even new comics...

Mattel tries to reinvent MOTU and really, not many are having it....If they stuck to the bread and butter Vintage stories and just updated them, reworked certain elements instead of ripping Masters completely apart and starting over....2 times now, and both efforts have or are somewhat failing. Yet, what clamor for MOTU you hear is still based around Vintage references, and muted violence, as opposed to the slash em all gory thing MOTU has become. Characters are dead, neigh I say maimed or just ripped apart....I get to be realistic characters need to get hurt and all, but hell even on Supernatural Sam and Dean have died at least once each, but come back like Kenny from South Park.
    200X did update Vintage stories and rework certain elements. It was mishandled by Mattel. Many people weren't aware that He-Man had returned when 200X launched.

NA was largely unpopular because it was seen as too much of a departure, even with casual fans. However, it didn't fail at retail--it ended after four years.

Mattel should follow Hasbro's lead, who has been successful with their core brands time and time again since the 80's....despite a few set backs for Transformers, it still thrives today, and actually so does Joe...
    Transformers and Joe are lead brands for Hasbro. They won't give up on those properties. Mattel, on the other hand...if MOTU dies, the property goes away for another decade or more.

MOTU is a different thing, I get with might and magic....but shows like Once Upon a Time and Grimm, thrive, hell even Merlin was on for a while....Mattel just needs to have love for MOTU, and other than running Classics as a sub, to guarantee sales....it doesn't appear to have much love at all for the brand....NA was a joke....200X was presented badly, and died in a pile of He-Man & Skeletor variants....
    MOTU isn't a major brand like Transformers is for Hasbro. If it were, you would see more resources and "love" devoted towards the brand.

Classics being around since 2008 when 200X only had like what....3 years, a **** ton of variants? Should tell Mattel, Vintage works....and Classics has minimal variants compared to the line as a whole, and not to mention more than 3/4 of those variants are Vintage or based on Vintage media....(TP He-Man...Vintage figure, EP Randor....Vintage Filmation).
    If Mattel released Classics at retail, they would screw that up too.

I don't think relying on Vintage material has anything to do with the success of Classics. Mattel screwed up their early 2000's BATMAN line at retail and Batman is bigger than He-Man. Mattel learned from their mistakes and tried a new online model that eliminated the problems that 200X suffered at retail (i.e., no scalpers taking all of the new characters, a lack of variants with no fan attachment and no terrible case ratios with 3 He-Men, 2 Skeletors and 1 Scareglow). Mattel is STILL screwing up at retail, where the MOTU vs DC two packs are warming pegs (because they wouldn't make variants of the DC characters) and you still can't find certain DC figures.

- - - Updated - - -

I think polling the subscribers would have been the best way to compensate for the lack of familiarity.

I couldn't tell you the names of the New Adventures Scientists without looking them up, if my life depended on it. I didn't even know who the Scientists were until scrolling through the forums the last few years. Only a few people would know this, and I doubt any are marketing managers.

It's Mattel's job to find out the difference between the loud and the numerous. Polls would have been the way (or least a nice way) to capture the customer's wants. With that said, I do say kudos on some of the recent polls they've had (like the shipping options). Should have been done years ago, but better late than never.
    Agreed.

I do think TG sees Classics as being in much better shape than the fans do, which is why he could possibly afford to put Nepthu in the line. The fans see Classics as being on it's last legs. TG might see Classics as doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post

You're not seeing the point...as the brand manager, he above all people should know what he is selling. If he isn't taking the time to understand what he is selling, then he should have someone else do the PR work that is more informed. It's just a matter of being professional. By not doing this research, Scott IS showing he doesn't care about the history of the brand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I don't know the names of the NA Scientists, at all. BUT, if I was going to make them as toys and be the person discussing them at NYTF or wherever, I would make sure I knew what I was talking about and do the research. Why go in blind? I would be doing that normally the moment I decided, "Hey, I think these characters would make great figures, I wonder what their deal is...who are they?"

Scott, obviously, doesn't bother to do that. It's one thing to forget a fact or name. I do that too and have to look it up again as a result. But he blatantly doesn't know what he is selling.

TG may have faith in the line, or maybe he is just making sure he gets his favorite characters in before the line ends. It can work either way.

Where are pics of this Neptu prototype?
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    Where are pics of this Neptu prototype?

I don't think there was one. Usually when a picture gets leaked it spreads like wildfire all over the net, and no one as seen this picture yet, people are saying the poster who claimed the leaked picture was just looking for attention.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Good lord, I only thought that plundor was gonna get added but if people have seen pics of nephthu, then I fear the worst. The rumor is true. Prepare for tumbleweed Scott!
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Good lord, I only thought that plundor was gonna get added but if people have seen pics of nephthu, then I fear the worst. The rumor is true. Prepare for tumbleweed Scott!
    I wouldn't think so...fans might be upset about Plundor (IF he's actually coming), but they'll be thrilled about other reveals. Stuff like this happens EVERY year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    You're not seeing the point...as the brand manager, he above all people should know what he is selling. If he isn't taking the time to understand what he is selling, then he should have someone else do the PR work that is more informed. It's just a matter of being professional. By not doing this research, Scott IS showing he doesn't care about the history of the brand.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know the names of the NA Scientists, at all. BUT, if I was going to make them as toys and be the person discussing them at NYTF or wherever, I would make sure I knew what I was talking about and do the research. Why go in blind? I would be doing that normally the moment I decided, "Hey, I think these characters would make great figures, I wonder what their deal is...who are they?"

Scott, obviously, doesn't bother to do that. It's one thing to forget a fact or name. I do that too and have to look it up again as a result. But he blatantly doesn't know what he is selling.

TG may have faith in the line, or maybe he is just making sure he gets his favorite characters in before the line ends. It can work either way.
    Great point. It's one thing if you're caught off guard with a random question about a random accessory, but it's something else if you are actively selling an accessory. It's on your radar then.

I seriously wish Catra's Wrath would stop answering questions on the Matty forums. So annoying to read those posts like he or she is "in the know" or giving canned answers when TG has said that the mods are not aware of any business at Mattel. Especially when the question warrants an answer is directed at Scott.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

The more I think about both Plundor and Nepthu the more interested I get in them. I'm to the point where I'm actually hoping the are revealed. I'm excited to see what the 4H do with them.

I think something to take into account is our personal experiences with Filmation. When we were kids we were at the mercy of our local TV stations and their schedules. The episodes that got more show time meant more to us or had more of an impact on or memory of the series. Personally, when I went back and watched through the series again I was surprised that Fang Man, and Strong Arm were only in one episode and that Lizard Man and Octavia were only in two episodes because they stand out to me so much. I didn't even remember Batros and have no memory of him from my childhood. Icer, Plundor, and Nepthu I didn't remember until I was reminded of them. The fact that Scott is a fan too and watched the Filmation series as a child means that he has his own memories and impressions of the show. Plundor and Nepthu obviously stood out to him as significant one shot enemies. If people on the board were saying that Strong Arm and Fang Man were not essential I would think them crazy! The truth is Plundor and Nepthu had just as much screen time as many other one shot characters. They may not be as popular overall according to polls, but they are as significant as any other one off character. Love em or hate em I absolutely understand why they would be included and I understand why Scott would have chose them and why he is surprised they do not mean as much to other fans.