Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread July 2013

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    If Nepthu or Plundor don't interfere with Modulok, Two Bad or Glimmer, they will interfere anyway with Dragoon, Strongarm, Scorpia, Madam Razz or Vultak. Plundor may have his fans (a handful), but Nepthu is definitely at the bottom of the barrel as far as Filmation fans requests are concerned.
    If Nepthu is, indeed, one of the remaining Filmation sub figures, it pretty much says that all of the figures you mention were likely out of the running to begin with. He requires FAR less tooling than any of those you listed (Razz was likely never in the game to begin with or we would have seen her when the sub was offered. Besides, NONE of the Filmation figures we've seen were totally new tools, which would be unavoidable for Madame) as does Plundar (we even have furry parts already tooled if they go for something besides the regular body). I have a feeling most of the new tooling is going to go for Sea Hawk, who would need a number of new parts added to the standard buck, so guys like Plundar and Nepthu were likely a way to balance the budget (again, if they are indeed the last two).

I admit, Nepthu was at the bottom of my list, if he'd even make it (and I am sad this means Kitrinna will likely be a longer shot if there is no second Filmation sub next year), so he doesn't exactly thrill me. But hopefully the Fab Four will work their magic as the usually do.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I see more a problem in the simultaneously happining vote between Masque and Huntara. Even if they´re for next year.
    You see that Nepthu is released and that either Huntara or Masque may never happen.
    In my opinion its bad timing and bad choice of character selection in both cases.

Why force a non-demanded figure such as Nepthu on your loyal customers when there were so many other better options? It's poor decisions such as this which undermines the value and appeal of subscriptions. Most fans don't want the figure. Re-sellers are probably going to loose money on Nepthu. No wonder subscription sales keep declining.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    If Nepthu is, indeed, one of the remaining Filmation sub figures, it pretty much says that all of the figures you mention were likely out of the running to begin with. He requires FAR less tooling than any of those you listed (Razz was likely never in the game to begin with or we would have seen her when the sub was offered.
    I know you're not arguing for him (Nepthu) with your response, but in all fairness Masque requires little to minimal tooling as well. Plus, he's (Masque) actively wanted vs "Sure, I'll be ok if he's released."
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    If Nepthu or Plundor don't interfere with Modulok, Two Bad or Glimmer, they will interfere anyway with Dragoon, Strongarm, Scorpia, Madam Razz or Vultak. Plundor may have his fans (a handful), but Nepthu is definitely at the bottom of the barrel as far as Filmation fans requests are concerned.
    I don't remember Dragoon or know of him and Strongarm looks like he'd be a boring figure. Madam Razz is meh for me. Vultak is okay and Scorpia is cool. If plundor and nepthu came before all the above I would not be hurt at all.

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    Why force a non-demanded figure such as Nepthu on your loyal customers when there were so many other better options? It's poor decisions such as this which undermines the value and appeal of subscriptions. Most fans don't want the figure. Re-sellers are probably going to loose money on Nepthu. No wonder subscription sales keep declining.
    Good post!

And I sorta like Nepthu, but he's not highly demanded. His inclusion, if this early, may hurt resales and the allure of future Filmation subs.

Unless of course like MGM has pointed out, maybe this line is stronger than we fans believe.

I'm more interested in Nepthu than NA He-Man or Karatti.

I vote we wait and see:

A. If he's being released
    B. If he looks cool.

If Nepthu is, indeed, one of the remaining Filmation sub figures, it pretty much says that all of the figures you mention were likely out of the running to begin with. He requires FAR less tooling than any of those you listed (Razz was likely never in the game to begin with or we would have seen her when the sub was offered.
    I don't know about that, aside from Razz and Scorpia most of the Filmation figures Prahvus mentioned could probably be made with about 3-5 new parts each, roughly the same as Nepthu.

Nepthu - Head, belt, bicep, armour & Scarab
    Dragoon - a mix of Draego-Man/Whiplash parts with a new head & torso covering
    Vultak - new wings (could be reused for Angella), armour & head
    Strongarm - new bicep, forearm, head, hand, & tunic

I'm still baffled how Toyguru got the idea that Nepthu & Plundor are B-listers. I'd love a Plundor figure, but both he & Nepthu are D-list characters at most.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I'm still baffled how Toyguru got the idea that Nepthu & Plundor are B-listers. I'd love a Plundor figure, but both he & Nepthu are D-list characters at most.
    Nepthu and Plundor are two of his personal favourite Filmation characters he has stated this previously so the fact they are D-List (well Plundor does have some demand so maybe he's higher) did not matter to him. That's why both were selected.

As far as demand goes...if Toyguru said tomorrow most figures are going to be released but we will not get to make 'X' figure, there would be posts and threads about how great 'X' is and all the fans that want 'X' would be posting and unhappy.

That goes for every figure, I didn't actually think that Plundor would be a popular figure...but seems he is...and personally I think any and all N/A figures are a waste of time and a slot...anyone disagree?

I bet lots of people do!

It is just like any other figure....you want him, buy him. If you don't, sell him or don't buy him.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    Maybe resellers will lose money on Nepthu, but they are sure to make money on other popular characters. There is a balance. For every Flutterina, you get Modulok or Horde Troopers. Not every character is a home run with fans, although THIS time even I have a hard time defending Nepthu as barely anyone has asked for him. I mean JOSH has had more support. The Meteorbs... Chef Allen. Hell, even the NA Scientists!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Normally I would agree with you about the NA figures but they are some of my favorite Classics figures (aside from Icarius).

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    As far as demand goes...if Toyguru said tomorrow most figures are going to be released but we will not get to make 'X' figure, there would be posts and threads about how great 'X' is and all the fans that want 'X' would be posting and unhappy.

That goes for every figure, I didn't actually think that Plundor would be a popular figure...but seems he is...and personally I think any and all N/A figures are a waste of time and a slot...anyone disagree?

I bet lots of people do!

It is just like any other figure....you want him, buy him. If you don't, sell him or don't buy him.

Everyone needs to lighten up! Have an open mind - I see nothing but more new figures coming our way and that makes me VERY happy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beastman View Post
    Now despite our trust and after buying actually a second subscription during the year they throw at us a bunny as a figure. Congratulation ....
    Thank you. I was SO nervous that Plundor might get left out because a handful of people think the design is silly or overly cute. But I kept the faith and advocated for him where I could and it's so great that my faith in that epically evil pink bunny may actually pay off. So thanks again, your congratulations are much appreciated.

If Plundor really is for real in the Filmation Sub then it makes me very happy I ordered 2 subscriptions.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    Thank you. I was SO nervous that Plundor might get left out because a handful of people think the design is silly or overly cute. But I kept the faith and advocated for him where I could and it's so great that my faith in that epically evil pink bunny may actually pay off. So thanks again, your congratulations are much appreciated.

If Plundor really is for real in the Filmation Sub then it makes me very happy I ordered 2 subscriptions.
    You don't matter. Only the opinions of others. Plundor shouldn't be made.... jk obviously. Hope you get him

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    You don't matter. Only the opinions of others. Plundor shouldn't be made.... jk obviously. Hope you get him
    Honestly, I was just dying to lob the "only a handful of people" line back the other way. Like the entire lot of us don't all just add up to a tiny handful anyway. Some people like Plundor and some people are just no fun at all

Heroic Warrior
    Originally Posted by MaxGoof
    In what way would Plundor or Nepthu being announced interfere with Modulok, Two-Bad or Glimmer? Nepthu and Plundor would be part of the Filmation sub and have no bearing whatsoever on those vintage figures. They're a bonus in addition to the vintage line--nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    That's a good point.

The point is, they wouldn't interfere with Modulok, Two-Bad, or Glimmer...but they are interfering with Huntara, Masque, and any other character that could have been in the Filmation sub.

- - - Updated - - -

If Nepthu is, indeed, one of the remaining Filmation sub figures, it pretty much says that all of the figures you mention were likely out of the running to begin with. He requires FAR less tooling than any of those you listed (Razz was likely never in the game to begin with or we would have seen her when the sub was offered. Besides, NONE of the Filmation figures we've seen were totally new tools, which would be unavoidable for Madame) as does Plundar (we even have furry parts already tooled if they go for something besides the regular body). I have a feeling most of the new tooling is going to go for Sea Hawk, who would need a number of new parts added to the standard buck, so guys like Plundar and Nepthu were likely a way to balance the budget (again, if they are indeed the last two).

I admit, Nepthu was at the bottom of my list, if he'd even make it (and I am sad this means Kitrinna will likely be a longer shot if there is no second Filmation sub next year), so he doesn't exactly thrill me. But hopefully the Fab Four will work their magic as the usually do.
    There are other Filmation characters that are in the top 20 that require minimal tooling. Masque would require little new tooling. The same with Kittrina. Characters requiring heavy tooling can be part of the main sub, possibly fulfilling oversized slots when necessary.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; July 8, 2013 at 09:18pm.

I really do not get the angst. I am grateful we even got a Filmation sub and the 1st three figures are incredible, and quite popular. If Netphu is revealed, I will live, as it has its roots in the 80's and fits with vintage Motu characters, even if he is a bit plain.

Compared to a character like Dekker (sorry Dekker fans, all 3 of you ) and some others that have seen production I think the criticism is harsh.

I suspect when we look at the Filmation sub as a whole, it will be quite impressive (to me, it already is).

2014 and 2015 are the all A list years...let's work together as a community to make sure they happen.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Nepthu and Plundor are two of his personal favourite Filmation characters he has stated this previously so the fact they are D-List (well Plundor does have some demand so maybe he's higher) did not matter to him. That's why both were selected.
    Exactly. this ^^^.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Exactly. this ^^^.
    My feeling about this is... Oh well?

There are others who want them, too. I don't know, I just can't get upset about this. Is it my choice? No. Am I brand manager for MOTUC? No. Decisions like this are made about toy lines all the time. No line-ups are democratically decided by fans. Some fans might think they know better. But that's not always the case. Sometimes it's just their personal preference, too. I think we've got time to get to the others. If anything, people should look at a move like this that Mattel are more confident about getting there than we are.

I predict in a couple years time, when we're down to Twiggets and NA Scientists, all this hand-wringing will feel silly. Of course, I guess then people will be mad we got the Twiggets before the NA Scientists or something.

I don't know, I could be wrong, but it's easy to always worry about the worst case scenario. I guess we'll have a better idea after seeing how sub sales go this year.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I guess we'll have a better idea after seeing how sub sales go this year.
    Much rides on that.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Much rides on that.
    I can't help but read that in a Yoda voice. But I'd have to put ",it does" at the end of the sentence.
    But yes, much does ride on that. Just like every year. I feel like we get in the exact same discussion whenever some off the wall choice is made. And we're still going so far. I guess we'll see!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I bet 2014 makes it. 2015 on the other hand . . .
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I bet 2014 makes it. 2015 on the other hand . . .
    Just please go through this year and have Scorpia as an early release and I won't care what happens anymore. I am in till the end but need Scorpia to finish off my 2nd most wanted as a kid.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I predict in a couple years time, when we're down to Twiggets and NA Scientists...
    Blargh!

...sorry fans of those characters. No disrespect intended to your interests. It's just that the scientists in particular make my skin crawl.