Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread July 2013

I like & want Plundor. He would be around 20th in my Filmation wants, so pretty low overall, but I'll gladly take him. Nepthu, now you're just being ridiculous.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    He IS cool and beyond evil. He destroyed and enslaved an entire planet. He took control of the natural resources to sell them. Had Heman not got sent to his dimension he would he would have been unstoppable. The fact that he's an assuming pink bunny on the outside but a ruthless tyrant on the inside makes him all the better as far as evil characters go. He is the embodiment of all evil corporations. A polarizing and political figure. Way more capable of conquest than Skeletor. His evilness ranks up there with Hordak. He deserves to be immortalized in plastic way more than many other characters. I agree with everyone on Nepthu not being demanded but definately not on Plundor. For everyone that hates him there is a fan that loves him and a convert waiting to happen. I'll take him over any other Filmation character anyday. BTW I want 3 of him so I know at least two sellers would have no problem offloading him if they can't see the irony and importance of this must have character. I hope Scott did include him and the rumor is true. Would make the Filmation sub legen...wait for it.........dary!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    I hate to be the Teela here, but come on! A PINK! BUNNY!

Hands up who can say they love him for his ridiculousness.
    *Counting counting counting...* Okay, several.

Now hands up who says the same for him being frigginī cool.
    *...* Anyone? At all?

What is MOTU? Something to ridicule?

Well, you can have my two

I totally agree and have written so previously that his character (as in "personality") is outstanding. His design on the other hand?
    What if He-Man would have been designed like this guy:

(no offense to that guy. Iīm sure heīs got a loveable personality)

Would you have become a fan and collector of this kind of actionfigures?

Plundorīs design fits Biker Mice from Mars or the later waves of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He might also go very well as the evil counterpart of the Carebears. But MOTU?
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    He IS cool and beyond evil. He destroyed and enslaved an entire planet. He took control of the natural resources to sell them. Had Heman not got sent to his dimension he would he would have been unstoppable. The fact that he's an assuming pink bunny on the outside but a ruthless tyrant on the inside makes him all the better as far as evil characters go. He is the embodiment of all evil corporations. A polarizing and political figure. Way more capable of conquest than Skeletor. His evilness ranks up there with Hordak. He deserves to be immortalized in plastic way more than many other characters. I agree with everyone on Nepthu not being demanded but definately not on Plundor. For everyone that hates him there is a fan that loves him and a convert waiting to happen. I'll take him over any other Filmation character anyday. BTW I want 3 of him so I know at least two sellers would have no problem offloading him if they can't see the irony and importance of this must have character. I hope Scott did include him and the rumor is true. Would make the Filmation sub legen...wait for it.........dary!
    You are waaaaaay too over enthusiastic of Plundor, hahaha. I hope you are being sarcastic when you say he is better than Skeletor, because that is just ridiculous.

The only reason Plundor was successful was because he only had to deal with Gleedil, who was easily subdued by robot rabbits, and those pink fuzzballs. No wonder he was able to take control. Skeletor has to deal with He-Man and his friends on a regular basis. Plus, Plundor is out to make a quick buck while Skeletor is trying to conquer the universe.

And I COMPLETELY disagree that he deserves plastic over characters like Scorpia, Lizard Man, Strong Arm, Madame Razz, Huntara, Evilseed, Melaktha, Masque, etc.

Also, your ratio of hate/love for the character is more like 5 hate to every 1 that loves him. hahaha.

But, whatever. You're going to be getting him, so I am happy for you in that respect.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I know its only rumoured but personally I do think both of these are planned for the next 12 months. They have been heavily talked about and brought up a lot by Scott and they have been trademarked.

I think it will be a mistake to have both of these released in the Filmation sub this year. One would be OK as a wildcard.

Both of these characters I don't mind, but I'd prefer Plundor more. Nepthu is OK, I enjoyed his episode, but he is kind of bland looking and I know it is likely the figure will be a straight up copy of this - this isn't 200x where they will make changes to make him more interesting to look at, he'll most likely come as is.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Well, sub sales for 2013 ended in early August. That means by that time they were aware that every slot counted in 2014 and 2015 and they reworked the roadmap accordingly.
    Ahhhhh, okay. I see what you mean. If they had to wait until the subs ended to begin production, then we'd be down to 6 months (early Aug to mid Feb) vs the 5 months they have now to change the last Filmation sub character in December. Perhaps that 1 month makes all the difference.

But they may have to send the first couple of figures for the next year to the factory before the subs take place. If the line doesn't make it, that still gives them a couple of figures to use the following year at SDCC or a special 2-pack, etc. After all, we were told 2016 might see the line shift from sub model to an occasional release model. It could be partially due to lead time in figure production, resulting in them having a few figures on which they still need to cut their losses.

They are fighting the clock post-SDCC. They have to show the figures, then give people time to subscribe. It also explains why subscriptions are open for such a short window after SDCC: because they have to minimize their losses.

It's all stuff to consider as possibilities.

But, no one is complaining about Icer, Shokoti, or Batros. They ARE demanded characters. The problem lies with the remaining slots and the very plausible rumor of Nepthu and/or Plundor.
    Yeah, but people are just now up in arms as a whole about Nepthu since it seems quite probable we'll get him.

Again, I have nothing against either character. I won't mind having either as I am sure the 4H will make them look great. I just think that they are ones that should have been held for 2016. Or, at the very least, Plundor could have been a traveling exclusive in 2015 (after Goat Man ).
    Oh, I agree. I'd MUCH rather have other figures over Nepthu and Plundor. Plundor, I can give a pass. Nepthu wasn't even on my own radar, though.

Doth do protest too much, sir!

I bet you have a hidden Plundor shrine in your house!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Why does everyone think these two figures are coming...from the Filmation SUB. We 'almost' know based on the sword shown that Sea Hawk is in the Filmation sub, but wouldn't at least one other POP show up?

Plundor will be impossible to unload...wasted $25....if he shows up.
    Will he be impossible to offload? That remains to be seen....I can't sell Karatti or my coming NA He-Man....so....there's that.

Hands up who can say they love him for his ridiculousness.
    *Counting counting counting...* Okay, several.

Now hands up who says the same for him being frigginī cool.
    *...* Anyone? At all?

What is MOTU? Something to ridicule?
    If Plundor was done like Carnivus and Beast Man, and pulled off the way Fang Man and Octavia were....he had a darker base color, then highlighted into the Filmation pink color....more people would be singing a different tune....and then there would still be people downing him, simply because they still hate on the Pink Bunny no matter how he would turn out, even if somehow he turned out to be the best Filmation figure of them all.

Hell people would still be downing him is he were totally reworked into the 200X style, just because he's Plundor.

You have people not liking NA He-Man, and those saying wait until you get him in hand....well, sorry, we have something of him to look at already....we have nothing of Plundor to even remotely show what the 4H could do to him....and regardless.... He'd have to be better than Spector and SLL....right?

But even though I myself am not calling for him to be made....he was one of the more charismatic one off bad guys in Filmation....he does have a fan base, just like Batros & Icer do. I for one, do not like Huntara, I'd rather see Negator, and I'd rather see Negator over Plundor, but whatever. If Plundor comes, and he's cool....I'll be getting or keeping him however he comes out.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Yes, it says thare are at least 20 more characters people want rather than Nepthu, and at least 10+ more than Plundor.

Look, I am not saying that either character shouldn't be made. I am fine if they are...eventually. I just think other characters should be taking priority.
    If Mattel and Toyguru had taken this attitude at the start of the line and only made the fan demanded characters then it would be finished by now, there is no way enough people would have stuck around to subscribe for a full year of so called C and D list characters. If this had happened we wouldn't have the large eclectic collection we have now and the line would be all the poorer for it.
    When the line comes to its unfortunate but inevitable end after 2015 I dread to think of all the characters we will never get and the fans who do actually want them.

Got to have Plundor! He's awesome! What isn't there to like about a pink rabbit?

Nepthu, on the other hand, I had no idea who that was until I looked him up. I'll take him if he's available, but I'd place D-list NA characters above him on my 'want' list.

Of the four in question...

The only one that I had to look up was Nepthu.

Personally, if I had to choose which order to release them....it would be:

1. Plundor
    2. Huntara
    3. Lord Masque
    4. Nepthu

There would be a far distance between Lord Masque and Nepthu.

Toyguru posted this to a response from someone wanting to cancel their Filmation sub. I find it extremely insulting that he assumes people who don't/can't sub are not big enough fans.
    What a stupid thing to say!

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/5371001038

Sorry, subs may not be canceled. There are still three unrevealed slots for the Filmation sub and despite rumors online, we have not announced who these figures are outside or a sneak peak at a mysterious sword!

EDIT: And to reittetate, when you buy a sub customers are well aware they are buying "blind". Subs are for the "all in" customer. If you are the type of customer that does not want certain figures, the sub program may not be for you. Only buy a sub if you are a big enough fan that you want all characters no matter what! If you want to cherry pick the sub is not the option for you
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Toyguru posted this to a response from someone wanting to cancel their Filmation sub. I find it extremely insulting that he assumes people who don't/can't sub are not big enough fans.

...But by being a cherry-picker...you don't get the option of getting all the figures.

Im not taking issue with being a cherry picker or a subber. Its his comment on what a being a "true" fan of this property is.
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Plundor is My number 1 Filmation want. He's a great character from My My favorite episode as a kid and would mean a lot to me if he shows up in the sub. I could care less about Nepthu but Plundor IS an A Lister to me.
    You know im not a huge plundor fan but i bet he would turn out pretty good and possibly change the minds of a few fans.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Hopefully all of this controversy over Nepthu will all be for nothing and he won't actually end up in the Filmation sub. Plundor, while not a highly demanded figure for me, is much more acceptable. I'd be happy to see the last three figures of the Filmation sub be Strongarm, Plundor, and Sea Hawk. If it IS Nepthu, it will be quite a disappointment.

I think Nepthu is giving the Mighty Spector, Mo-Larr, Snake Man-at-Arms, and Fighting Foe Men a run for their money for causing the most controversy

Heroic Warrior
    Im not taking issue with being a cherry picker or a subber. Its his comment on what a being a "true" fan of this property is.
    Where does it say anything about being a "true" fan? It's about how big of a fan you are? And if you want all the figures as opposed to some of the figures you are a bigger fan of the line. Is this being disputed?

Just because one fan can sub all-in does not make them a bigger fan than one who can't or won't. Basically sounds like another jab at people who don't want to sub. Its a bit discriminatory and it's getting tired.
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    If Mattel and Toyguru had taken this attitude at the start of the line and only made the fan demanded characters then it would be finished by now, there is no way enough people would have stuck around to subscribe for a full year of so called C and D list characters. If this had happened we wouldn't have the large eclectic collection we have now and the line would be all the poorer for it.
    When the line comes to its unfortunate but inevitable end after 2015 I dread to think of all the characters we will never get and the fans who do actually want them.
    Exactly. This line has been going for more than any other He-man line previously and we have more figures than from any line previously, entirely because of the roadmap - spreading out the most wanted - philosophy. The Filmation sub is another example of this.

Who know's we might get another Filmation sub annouced in 2014 with 6 more Filmation guys, 4 main event heavy hotters and two less wanted figures.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Which is great!! It really is but there is no need to continue to chastise people who can't go all-in but would continue supporting the line as best they can...
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar

While I think it could have been phrased better, I don't think this is in the same vein as "Moss Man is not a bath toy" or "This is your Hiss." I've taken TG to task for comments he's made on numerous occasions, and I think justifiably so. I also think a lot of those comments have hurt his overall credibility over the years. But I also feel we need to look after our own credibility as fans and customers, as well. If we pick apart every word he utters and take umbrage every time, we risk giving the powers that be a reason to ignore us ("they fuss about everything!!!").

I think we should hold TG and Mattel to the things they say, and expect that they treat the folks who are paying their salaries (namely, the customers like us) with the respect they are due (both out of common decency and good marketing strategy). But we need to make sure we are equally reasonable in our approach to them.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

With all this Plundor talk, I'm going to be a little sad if he's not in the filmation sub this year.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Personally, I want Plundor more than any other filmation character. I know quite a few fans hate Plundor but just as many of us want an action figure of him. Nephtu is just a terrible choice. How could anyone possibly think he is a fan demanded character?

Well, you can have my two

I totally agree and have written so previously that his character (as in "personality") is outstanding. His design on the other hand?
    What if He-Man would have been designed like this guy:
    http://grosstadtgoere.files.wordpres...0/11/goldy.jpg
    (no offense to that guy. Iīm sure heīs got a loveable personality)

Would you have become a fan and collector of this kind of actionfigures?

Plundorīs design fits Biker Mice from Mars or the later waves of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He might also go very well as the evil counterpart of the Carebears. But MOTU?
    http://www.abload.de/img/picard-facepalmtscve.jpg
    Lets be honest here for a moment. This is your opinion DJ so please lets keep it to just that "your opinion". Not everyone feels like you do so if someone disagrees please let them have their opinion same as you like to have yours. It fine to disagree with other fans but to push your belief on someone only causes arguments here and we are not here for that. Plenty of fans like and want Plundor and many don't really care about the character. If he's coming in the Filmation sub and you don't want him DJ then sell yours.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Nepthu and Plundor have no business being in MOTUC, at least not until the bulk of fan favorite characters have already been translated into figures. As for Stan Lee (Standor), I've said a hundred times this is Masters of the Universe "CLASSICS" so we should be given characters that have already been established in MOTU for years. We don't need a Mo-Lar, Spector, or Cy-Chop, and we certainly have no need to spend at least $40 after shipping for a figure of Stan Lee. There are plenty of superhero toy lines in the market today. Let him make a toy version of himself in one of those lines and leave this one alone!

"If you are the type of customer that does not want certain figures, the sub program may not be for you. Only buy a sub if you are a big enough fan that you want all characters no matter what!"

Not the best worded response. I'm certain Scott is fully aware of fans who buy the subscription because Mattel intentionally incentives consumers with exclusive figures that many of us find essential to our collections (Shadow Weaver, Clamp Champ, etc.). To choose not to purchase a subscription ends up costing collectors a lot more money due to the high prices on the secondary market for these figures.

I kind of like Plundor, was he high on my wants list, no. Was he higher than Nepthu, yes much higher.

If we are in fact getting Plundor I hope the accessory he comes with is one of these cute little pink fluff-ball creatures.

photo PlundorSmashingRocks_zpsee968992.jpg
    "Don't crowd me boys!"