View Poll Results: Teue or False: I would have gotten MORE subs, but the Hydron reveal changed my mind.

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

9 8.11%
  • False

102 91.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True or False: I would have gotten MORE subs if not for Hydron.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar

True or False: I would have gotten MORE subs if not for Hydron.

Again, trying to get some empirical data to support a theory.

Were you going to buy multiple subscriptions, but were convinced not to by the Hydron reveal at SDCC?

Would a different reveal like Tung Lashor or Blade have convinced you to buy more subs?
    Last edited by Prince Adam's Dad; August 4, 2013 at 03:23pm.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

It's not so much that Hydron himself kept me from double subbing, it's just that in general, I have no need for extras of any of the first quarter reveals aside from Modulok.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

What's with the hate for Hydron--the figure looks great!

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutely not.

No one character is going to stop me from locking in on 15-20 others. I can think of a few reasons not to sub, but just because of a single figure? I find it ridiculous that any real fan would have such mentality.

Heroic Warrior
    False- can't wait to get Hydron!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    What's with the hate for Hydron
    Just looking for some empirical data instead of engaging in the usual "nuh uh!" "yuh huh!" garbage that tends to manifest on forums sometimes.

Not to influence any voters, but my theory is looking pretty solid right now.

The number of subs I get is based on finances, not character selection.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

When I finally do get one, it's one, that's all I can really do regardless....I have other lines to collect. Hydron has nothing to do with me getting a sub or not, nor does he have to do with me getting 1 sub or 2.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

False, im subbing again because of Hydron, well and everyone else too, but cant wait for hydron.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I love the Hydron reveal and he made no difference in my number of subs.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

I find it ridiculous that someone would not sub, because a NA figure was shown. They are included in the classics line...get over it. What's the difference if he wasn't shown, but showed up later in the year? No difference at all.

Looks like the answer is that it DID cause some people to buy fewer. At the moment more than 10% of responders say it did.

For me, Hydron and Glimmer have made me pause. I want 2 of Modulok and Two-Bad, but I don't have any use for a second Glimmer or Hydron. This indecision is the reason why I haven't placed my order yet. I'm leaning towards 2 subs now, but I really am on the fence. I know I want ONE of everything, but what if half of the year's figures are like Glimmer and Hydron and I won't want that second..... I'm weighing things....

Got my one sub, could potentially buy another before it ends. But probably not. If I do decide to get another, Hydron would help that decision, not hinder it.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Looks like the answer is that it DID cause some people to buy fewer. At the moment more than 10% of responders say it did.
    It's too bad that the folks who said he made them change their mind didn't respond with suggestions of who would have convinced them to buy more. 10% is already a small number. If those 10% had differing opinions on a 'multi-sub seller', you could speculate that Mattel made the right choice.

Didn't make a difference to me because I love Hydron
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I love NA & how awesome they have come out!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Glad to see the results are crystal clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    It's too bad that the folks who said he made them change their mind didn't respond with suggestions of who would have convinced them to buy more. 10% is already a small number. If those 10% had differing opinions on a 'multi-sub seller', you could speculate that Mattel made the right choice.
    I think 10% is actually a very big number. The question is whether Hydron cost sales or added sales. If this poll were accurate of everyone who bought a sub, it would suggest 10% of everyone who bought a sub bought at least one less sub because of a single Q1 figure.
    Last edited by No-Ah; August 5, 2013 at 05:26pm.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I would have gotten more subs (or rather, any subs) if not for DR. The company running the site is the biggest problem, and always has been, not NA characters being in the sub.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I think 10% is actually a very big number. The question is whether Hydron cost sales or added sales. If this poll were accurate of everyone who bought a sub, it would suggest 10% of everyone who bought a sub bought at least one less sub because of a single Q1 figure.
    Yes, but I also didn't ask if people would have skipped the subs if they knew NA would not be included. I would assume that number would have been small as well, probably comparable to 10%.

Yes, but I also didn't ask if people would have skipped the subs if they knew NA would not be included. I would assume that number would have been small as well, probably comparable to 10%.
    I don't know that number. You didn't poll it.

I only ordered one sub, as per usual. BUT I like Hydron so much that I've arranged to acquire an extra from a friend's second sub.

I don't know that number. You didn't poll it.
    If people want to bandy about assertions without facts to back them up over and over and over and over and over and over and over, I just might.

If people want to bandy about assertions without facts to back them up over and over and over and over and over and over and over, I just might.
    Who did that? I'm not going to go around the merry-go-round again but facts were offered there, and this poll seems to be backing them up. If you want to suggest that 10% of subbers bought MORE subs specifically because of Hydron, I think it would be up to you to support such a ridiculous claim.

And yeah, I'm sorry but it would be a ridiculous claim. If I want a second Unknown One, I'd better get a second sub. If I want to be sure I get a second Two-Bad or Modulok, another sub makes sense. If I were a re-seller, I would be getting extra subs for the big money figures. But Hydron? He's already discounted at BBTS and will be lucky to sell for DOS price on Ebay. Spending an extra $700 would seem a strange choice to me.

Anyway, make the other poll if you want. But I will be skeptical if the numbers do even out.

False. I would only ever get one sub. As any rational person would.

The only thing that would make me want more than one sub is if I was a dirty resale-er or a crazy MIB guy, which I am not.

I may be poor and stupid, but I have integrity. :P

That being said, there are definately ones I want more than one of. Army Builders, or things like Marlena or Trap Jaw who are really two figures in one. But I hardly need a sub for that.

Because of the dirty resalers or Day of Sale. Or better yet, buying from subbers who dont want a particular character I want another of.