Thread: DC MOTU Canon and Character Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

DC MOTU Canon and Character Discussion Thread

This is a thread for the fans who like the New 52 DC MOTU canon and to discuss what is happening in the story and with it's characters, not it's actual quality.

We have the other thread for that.

Discuss!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Yeahhh! that's great!

Those we like these comics can only discuss what is happening in the canon. This is the debate I like.

I have many issues to discuss,I don't know which to start LOL

Thanks MGM !
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Thanx Max! Nice to have a place to discuss and not weed through 10 pages of hate first! I'm pretty excited to see where they are going with the whole Despera thing and I also would like to know what happened to Hordak.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar

What more need be said?
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    What more need be said?
    First post:
    "This is a thread for the fans who like the New 52 DC MOTU canon "
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

I am anxious to see what Masters are shown during the big battle that's approaching. As I've said before I'm hoping Hordak has another body in which he can actually fight. His new design is terrifying but he needs to be able to fight.

I have a feeling Skeletor and his minions will help send the Horde packing, which should be entertaining.

I am not a comic fan, I have the books, and I am indeed reading them....while I don't care for the direction they are spinning MOTU....the overall story is what's keeping me reading....not the dialog, not the characters actions or attitudes.

I just want to see where it's going, and to see at what point does Adora turn look at Hordak and say **** you....

Plus I have the subscription (for the Matty cover basically)....so I'm not going to not read them....paying $25 for them and all.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Yes, that is the most likely, girls tend to do that but I thought something like the essence of Sorcerres entered into Teela and because of that her hair became red.
    Yeah but if we go with "Teela is born blonde" by DC MOTU Nu standards, then Sorceress too is blonde. We will loose the iconic red-headed Teela'Na (my personal preference). That's why I didn't care for Teela being blonde. Cause it's not only about her. Decision like that affects two characters. Sure you can later retcon Teela to dye her hair red (as the more casual fans that these comics appeal to currently recognize her better), but it would imho be silly to start applying same to Sorceress at this stage.

And if you would go that Teela'Na is redhead. Duncan has brown hair. Yet Teela is born as blonde? (I'm sure someone can explain the genes being passed to children and what determines hair-color to explain it, but going by lamen "how does this add up?", it unfortunately doesn't)
    It hasn't been stated if Duncan is Teela's biological father in this canon, he's always been her adoptive father before. So her actual father could be blond

Unless it's Fisto
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    It hasn't been stated if Duncan is Teela's biological father in this canon, he's always been her adoptive father before. So her actual father could be blond

Unless it's Fisto
    True. But that would be another big change DC could make. To confirm Duncan and Sorceress.

Or they may go that Teela is clone of Sorceress as per MOTUC has it.

I've still to pick up the latest issue of the ongoing. Hopefully I'll remember when I'm out and about tomorrow.

True. But that would be another big change DC could make. To confirm Duncan and Sorceress.
    Considering the way MAA talked about the Sorceress at her funeral I think that would make a nice change if they firmly established that sort of relationship between them.

Shh! Don't give them ideas. If I see her being hatched from an egg or something similar I'm coming back on these forums to point fingers. j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Sorry... The "Teela-at-arms" is probably the best out of the bunch, IMO.
    I'm liking Teela's new costume. Speaks more to her taking after her father. I like Stratos' new costume too. I wouldn't mind if more of the masters were redesigned rather than just following the same look as previous incarnations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

I have read all the current comics stuff outside of the mini-comics that came with the figures. I like to know does anyone else want to see what the deal with Orko in at less a flashback is. I am guessing right now later issues will address Merlena back on Earth or at less I hope so. Because everything I have seen has never hinted that Orko would betray the Masters especially his bio in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbebanur View Post
    I have read all the current comics stuff outside of the mini-comics that came with the figures. I like to know does anyone else want to see what the deal with Orko in at less a flashback is.
    I heard that in Power-Con it was mentioned the Orko-stuff would come up in next story-arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    Considering the way MAA talked about the Sorceress at her funeral I think that would make a nice change if they firmly established that sort of relationship between them.

Shh! Don't give them ideas. If I see her being hatched from an egg or something similar I'm coming back on these forums to point fingers. j/k
    They could do a mashup of all of them! The night Skeletor and Hordak came to kidnap Adora, Skeletor cast a clone spell on the Sorceress. After she cast her spell to make the people of Eternia forget about Adora, she seeks Duncan's comfort. Some time later, she summons Duncan to Grayskull and says "Yo, this is your daughter. Raise her to be strong." But we never really know if Teela came from the night they spent together or from the spell Skeletor hit her with.

I think that's just trashy enough to work in modern comics.

Court Magician
    With Castle Grayskull being the way it is having the Frightzone growing out of it. Does that kind of mean that Hordak has access to the tunnels and secrets of Grayskull? In issue 4(?) we saw Adam reaching the Forge through the tunnels, which I assume goes deep under the castle itself. Unless, of course, Zoar transported Adam to another place completely.