Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DC MOTU Canon and Character Discussion Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

DC MOTU Canon and Character Discussion Thread

This is a thread for the fans who like the New 52 DC MOTU canon and to discuss what is happening in the story and with it's characters, not it's actual quality.

We have the other thread for that.

Discuss!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Yeahhh! that's great!

Those we like these comics can only discuss what is happening in the canon. This is the debate I like.

I have many issues to discuss,I don't know which to start LOL

Thanks MGM !
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Thanx Max! Nice to have a place to discuss and not weed through 10 pages of hate first! I'm pretty excited to see where they are going with the whole Despera thing and I also would like to know what happened to Hordak.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar

What more need be said?
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    What more need be said?
    First post:
    "This is a thread for the fans who like the New 52 DC MOTU canon "
    MOTULA.ORG

I am anxious to see what Masters are shown during the big battle that's approaching. As I've said before I'm hoping Hordak has another body in which he can actually fight. His new design is terrifying but he needs to be able to fight.

I have a feeling Skeletor and his minions will help send the Horde packing, which should be entertaining.

I am not a comic fan, I have the books, and I am indeed reading them....while I don't care for the direction they are spinning MOTU....the overall story is what's keeping me reading....not the dialog, not the characters actions or attitudes.

I just want to see where it's going, and to see at what point does Adora turn look at Hordak and say **** you....

Plus I have the subscription (for the Matty cover basically)....so I'm not going to not read them....paying $25 for them and all.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I just have to say that Roboto's new design is fantastic and is, IMO, an actual improvement over what came before. He has a more liquid metal look to him. Also, I liked that Hordak looked utterly alien in the Origins of Hordak comic. I liked the long arms, although I wasn't a fan of his face. Too monkey-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I liked that Hordak looked utterly alien in the Origins of Hordak comic. I liked the long arms, although I wasn't a fan of his face. Too monkey-like.
    Well, I begin to discuss this issue.

Hordak design is very rare but I like it,I love to have a sculpture of that. It's a very interesting vision although I would say sick.
    all those endings and tubes, beings below as supplying him, in fact they are part of the same structure.

Hordak has no body now , he just is just a spirit? How do you explain this?

MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Well, I begin to discuss this issue.

Hordak design is very rare but I like it,I love to have a sculpture of that. It's a very interesting vision although I would say sick.
    all those endings and tubes, beings below as supplying him, in fact they are part of the same structure.

Hordak has no body now , he just is just a spirit? How do you explain this?

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/...ps42fdfbf2.jpg
    His power was very vampire like in origins. It seems he was somehow destroyed but is regenerating by leeching off those machine/ creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    His power was very vampire like in origins. It seems he was somehow destroyed but is regenerating by leeching off those machine/ creatures.
    very interesting.

looks like a maimed body helped with technology, I don't think this is his final form ,I guess He will return to be a humanoid .
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I just have to say that Roboto's new design is fantastic and is, IMO, an actual improvement over what came before. He has a more liquid metal look to him. Also, I liked that Hordak looked utterly alien in the Origins of Hordak comic. I liked the long arms, although I wasn't a fan of his face. Too monkey-like.
    I would love a Roboto like that. One of My favorite redesigns.

- - - Updated - - -

very interesting.

looks like a maimed body helped with technology, I don't think this is his final form ,I guess He will return to be a humanoid .
    I too think he will. I'm wondering if it will have anything to do with the techno virus though.

One thing I was thankful for is that the comics referenced Teela's original blonde look and gave it to her as her natural hair color. I think that both her blonde and red haired looks can be used in media, if they make the red haired look more prominent, but occasionally show the blonde look as well. This would be like how superheroes have alternate looks that resurface from time to time, such as Brown and orange Wolverine, Black Spider-Man, Gray Hulk or silver and red Iron Man.

As for Hordak, I think that he's constantly absorbing souls/energy, so that's why he's hooked up in a room with all of those attendants.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Maybe working towards a more Filmation-ish Hordak? Part Organic, part machine....capable of transforming himself....now that would be a cool twist....
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Maybe working towards a more Filmation-ish Hordak? Part Organic, part machine....capable of transforming himself....now that would be a cool twist....
    I agree! Those attendants do appear to be rebuilding him so I hope you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    One thing I was thankful for is that the comics referenced Teela's original blonde look and gave it to her as her natural hair color. I think that both her blonde and red haired looks can be used in media, if they make the red haired look more prominent, but occasionally show the blonde look as well. This would be like how superheroes have alternate looks that resurface from time to time, such as Brown and orange Wolverine, Black Spider-Man, Gray Hulk or silver and red Iron Man.
    I like that too, now I wonder why she suddenly has red hair.

As for Hordak, I think that he's constantly absorbing souls/energy, so that's why he's hooked up in a room with all of those attendants.
    I buy it.
    MOTULA.ORG

I like that too, now I wonder why she suddenly has red hair.
    She has colored her hair red, Adam makes a reference to the change in issue 1 of the ongoing series. I personally have no connection to which color she has, I think her changing it is believable for a teenage/twenty-something girl to do. This series is making a huge effort to make it the Teela and He-Man show versus it being primarily about the main hero. I am not sure if it is this arc only or the dual leads will continue throughout the run.

I am hoping we see issues much like the toons where certain Masters take the forefront and get developed. I am expecting a Mekanek heavy story about his ability and why Teela hates him so much. Every character is worthy of their own one shot IMO, especially with the change in direction the DC universe MOTU has taken.

I notice that the "no body" Hordak, Despera and Shadow Weaver don't have The Evil Horde symbol.
    Lord Hordak

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    She has colored her hair red, Adam makes a reference to the change in issue 1 of the ongoing series.
    Oh, we know how it happened. But we'd want to know WHY. Since she didn't really explain the change, it seems like a meta in-joke. Teela can't exactly break the fourth wall like She-Hulk and mention that she changed her hair because of fan complaints or editorial mandate.

I personally have no connection to which color she has, I think her changing it is believable for a teenage/twenty-something girl to do.
    People made such a big stink about how Teela couldn't simply dye her hair when Blonde Bikini Teela was announced.

I really want to like this series but I just can't stand this new arrogant Teela. I also think Roboto is probably one of the worst redesigns of the lot. He hardly looks robotic and his speech bubble is "human" (ie not made to imply a robotic voice or such)

I do like the action and nods to certain elements and Randor owns in this version!
    I also love that He-Man's Power Sword is just like the toy!

Did anyone else find the fight scene dialogue atop Eternos between HM, Teela and Despara hard to swallow?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    She has colored her hair red, Adam makes a reference to the change in issue 1 of the ongoing series. I personally have no connection to which color she has, I think her changing it is believable for a teenage/twenty-something girl to do. This series is making a huge effort to make it the Teela and He-Man show versus it being primarily about the main hero. I am not sure if it is this arc only or the dual leads will continue throughout the run.
    Yes, that is the most likely, girls tend to do that but I thought something like the essence of Sorcerres entered into Teela and because of that her hair became red.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hordak View Post
    I notice that the "no body" Hordak, Despera and Shadow Weaver don't have The Evil Horde symbol.
    It's true, perhaps because they are very important people and only use it as lower categories like troops or Leech as we have seen.pure speculation
    MOTULA.ORG

Yes, that is the most likely, girls tend to do that but I thought something like the essence of Sorcerres entered into Teela and because of that her hair became red.
    Yeah but if we go with "Teela is born blonde" by DC MOTU Nu standards, then Sorceress too is blonde. We will loose the iconic red-headed Teela'Na (my personal preference). That's why I didn't care for Teela being blonde. Cause it's not only about her. Decision like that affects two characters. Sure you can later retcon Teela to dye her hair red (as the more casual fans that these comics appeal to currently recognize her better), but it would imho be silly to start applying same to Sorceress at this stage.

And if you would go that Teela'Na is redhead. Duncan has brown hair. Yet Teela is born as blonde? (I'm sure someone can explain the genes being passed to children and what determines hair-color to explain it, but going by lamen "how does this add up?", it unfortunately doesn't)

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Yeah but if we go with "Teela is born blonde" by DC MOTU Nu standards, then Sorceress too is blonde. We will loose the iconic red-headed Teela'Na (my personal preference). That's why I didn't care for Teela being blonde. Cause it's not only about her. Decision like that affects two characters. Sure you can later retcon Teela to dye her hair red (as the more casual fans that these comics appeal to currently recognize her better), but it would imho be silly to start applying same to Sorceress at this stage.

And if you would go that Teela'Na is redhead. Duncan has brown hair. Yet Teela is born as blonde? (I'm sure someone can explain the genes being passed to children and what determines hair-color to explain it, but going by lamen "how does this add up?", it unfortunately doesn't)
    It hasn't been stated if Duncan is Teela's biological father in this canon, he's always been her adoptive father before. So her actual father could be blond

Unless it's Fisto
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Oh, we know how it happened. But we'd want to know WHY. Since she didn't really explain the change, it seems like a meta in-joke. Teela can't exactly break the fourth wall like She-Hulk and mention that she changed her hair because of fan complaints or editorial mandate.

People made such a big stink about how Teela couldn't simply dye her hair when Blonde Bikini Teela was announced.
    Oh ok, got ya. I was unaware of the debate over her not being able to simply dye it blonde.

Hey, can we have a list of confirmed deaths in the comic so far?