Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61

Thread: DC MOTU Canon and Character Discussion Thread

  1. #1
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,031

    DC MOTU Canon and Character Discussion Thread




    This is a thread for the fans who like the New 52 DC MOTU canon and to discuss what is happening in the story and with it's characters, not it's actual quality.

    We have the other thread for that.

    Discuss!

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  2. #2
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    1,800
    Yeahhh! that's great!

    Those we like these comics can only discuss what is happening in the canon. This is the debate I like.

    I have many issues to discuss,I don't know which to start LOL

    Thanks MGM !
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

  3. #3
    Plundor Promoter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    3,592
    Thanx Max! Nice to have a place to discuss and not weed through 10 pages of hate first! I'm pretty excited to see where they are going with the whole Despera thing and I also would like to know what happened to Hordak.

  4. #4
    Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    The Dark Hemisphere
    Posts
    4,600


    What more need be said?
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

    please check out my fan fics at:

    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

  5. #5
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    What more need be said?
    First post:
    "This is a thread for the fans who like the New 52 DC MOTU canon "
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,462
    I am anxious to see what Masters are shown during the big battle that's approaching. As I've said before I'm hoping Hordak has another body in which he can actually fight. His new design is terrifying but he needs to be able to fight.

    I have a feeling Skeletor and his minions will help send the Horde packing, which should be entertaining.

  7. #7
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,655
    I am not a comic fan, I have the books, and I am indeed reading them....while I don't care for the direction they are spinning MOTU....the overall story is what's keeping me reading....not the dialog, not the characters actions or attitudes.

    I just want to see where it's going, and to see at what point does Adora turn look at Hordak and say **** you....

    Plus I have the subscription (for the Matty cover basically)....so I'm not going to not read them....paying $25 for them and all.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    2,737
    I just have to say that Roboto's new design is fantastic and is, IMO, an actual improvement over what came before. He has a more liquid metal look to him. Also, I liked that Hordak looked utterly alien in the Origins of Hordak comic. I liked the long arms, although I wasn't a fan of his face. Too monkey-like.

  9. #9
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I liked that Hordak looked utterly alien in the Origins of Hordak comic. I liked the long arms, although I wasn't a fan of his face. Too monkey-like.
    Well, I begin to discuss this issue.

    Hordak design is very rare but I like it,I love to have a sculpture of that. It's a very interesting vision although I would say sick.
    all those endings and tubes, beings below as supplying him, in fact they are part of the same structure.

    Hordak has no body now , he just is just a spirit? How do you explain this?

    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

  10. #10
    Plundor Promoter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Well, I begin to discuss this issue.

    Hordak design is very rare but I like it,I love to have a sculpture of that. It's a very interesting vision although I would say sick.
    all those endings and tubes, beings below as supplying him, in fact they are part of the same structure.

    Hordak has no body now , he just is just a spirit? How do you explain this?

    http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/...ps42fdfbf2.jpg
    His power was very vampire like in origins. It seems he was somehow destroyed but is regenerating by leeching off those machine/ creatures.

  11. #11
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    His power was very vampire like in origins. It seems he was somehow destroyed but is regenerating by leeching off those machine/ creatures.
    very interesting.

    looks like a maimed body helped with technology, I don't think this is his final form ,I guess He will return to be a humanoid .
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

  12. #12
    Plundor Promoter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I just have to say that Roboto's new design is fantastic and is, IMO, an actual improvement over what came before. He has a more liquid metal look to him. Also, I liked that Hordak looked utterly alien in the Origins of Hordak comic. I liked the long arms, although I wasn't a fan of his face. Too monkey-like.
    I would love a Roboto like that. One of My favorite redesigns.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    very interesting.

    looks like a maimed body helped with technology, I don't think this is his final form ,I guess He will return to be a humanoid .
    I too think he will. I'm wondering if it will have anything to do with the techno virus though.

  13. #13
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,031
    One thing I was thankful for is that the comics referenced Teela's original blonde look and gave it to her as her natural hair color. I think that both her blonde and red haired looks can be used in media, if they make the red haired look more prominent, but occasionally show the blonde look as well. This would be like how superheroes have alternate looks that resurface from time to time, such as Brown and orange Wolverine, Black Spider-Man, Gray Hulk or silver and red Iron Man.

    As for Hordak, I think that he's constantly absorbing souls/energy, so that's why he's hooked up in a room with all of those attendants.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  14. #14
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,655
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    His power was very vampire like in origins. It seems he was somehow destroyed but is regenerating by leeching off those machine/ creatures.
    Maybe working towards a more Filmation-ish Hordak? Part Organic, part machine....capable of transforming himself....now that would be a cool twist....
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  15. #15
    Plundor Promoter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Maybe working towards a more Filmation-ish Hordak? Part Organic, part machine....capable of transforming himself....now that would be a cool twist....
    I agree! Those attendants do appear to be rebuilding him so I hope you're right!

  16. #16
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    One thing I was thankful for is that the comics referenced Teela's original blonde look and gave it to her as her natural hair color. I think that both her blonde and red haired looks can be used in media, if they make the red haired look more prominent, but occasionally show the blonde look as well. This would be like how superheroes have alternate looks that resurface from time to time, such as Brown and orange Wolverine, Black Spider-Man, Gray Hulk or silver and red Iron Man.
    I like that too, now I wonder why she suddenly has red hair.

    As for Hordak, I think that he's constantly absorbing souls/energy, so that's why he's hooked up in a room with all of those attendants.
    I buy it.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    I like that too, now I wonder why she suddenly has red hair.
    She has colored her hair red, Adam makes a reference to the change in issue 1 of the ongoing series. I personally have no connection to which color she has, I think her changing it is believable for a teenage/twenty-something girl to do. This series is making a huge effort to make it the Teela and He-Man show versus it being primarily about the main hero. I am not sure if it is this arc only or the dual leads will continue throughout the run.

    I am hoping we see issues much like the toons where certain Masters take the forefront and get developed. I am expecting a Mekanek heavy story about his ability and why Teela hates him so much. Every character is worthy of their own one shot IMO, especially with the change in direction the DC universe MOTU has taken.

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior Lord Hordak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    90
    I notice that the "no body" Hordak, Despera and Shadow Weaver don't have The Evil Horde symbol.
    Lord Hordak

  19. #19
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,031
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    She has colored her hair red, Adam makes a reference to the change in issue 1 of the ongoing series.
    Oh, we know how it happened. But we'd want to know WHY. Since she didn't really explain the change, it seems like a meta in-joke. Teela can't exactly break the fourth wall like She-Hulk and mention that she changed her hair because of fan complaints or editorial mandate.

    I personally have no connection to which color she has, I think her changing it is believable for a teenage/twenty-something girl to do.
    People made such a big stink about how Teela couldn't simply dye her hair when Blonde Bikini Teela was announced.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  20. #20
    It says ICEMAN oICEMANo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    9,242
    I really want to like this series but I just can't stand this new arrogant Teela. I also think Roboto is probably one of the worst redesigns of the lot. He hardly looks robotic and his speech bubble is "human" (ie not made to imply a robotic voice or such)

    I do like the action and nods to certain elements and Randor owns in this version!
    I also love that He-Man's Power Sword is just like the toy!

    Did anyone else find the fight scene dialogue atop Eternos between HM, Teela and Despara hard to swallow?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

  21. #21
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    She has colored her hair red, Adam makes a reference to the change in issue 1 of the ongoing series. I personally have no connection to which color she has, I think her changing it is believable for a teenage/twenty-something girl to do. This series is making a huge effort to make it the Teela and He-Man show versus it being primarily about the main hero. I am not sure if it is this arc only or the dual leads will continue throughout the run.
    Yes, that is the most likely, girls tend to do that but I thought something like the essence of Sorcerres entered into Teela and because of that her hair became red.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hordak View Post
    I notice that the "no body" Hordak, Despera and Shadow Weaver don't have The Evil Horde symbol.
    It's true, perhaps because they are very important people and only use it as lower categories like troops or Leech as we have seen.pure speculation
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

  22. #22
    Scrolls Reviewer Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    12,661
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Yes, that is the most likely, girls tend to do that but I thought something like the essence of Sorcerres entered into Teela and because of that her hair became red.
    Yeah but if we go with "Teela is born blonde" by DC MOTU Nu standards, then Sorceress too is blonde. We will loose the iconic red-headed Teela'Na (my personal preference). That's why I didn't care for Teela being blonde. Cause it's not only about her. Decision like that affects two characters. Sure you can later retcon Teela to dye her hair red (as the more casual fans that these comics appeal to currently recognize her better), but it would imho be silly to start applying same to Sorceress at this stage.

    And if you would go that Teela'Na is redhead. Duncan has brown hair. Yet Teela is born as blonde? (I'm sure someone can explain the genes being passed to children and what determines hair-color to explain it, but going by lamen "how does this add up?", it unfortunately doesn't)

  23. #23
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Yes, that is the most likely, girls tend to do that but I thought something like the essence of Sorcerres entered into Teela and because of that her hair became red.
    Yeah but if we go with "Teela is born blonde" by DC MOTU Nu standards, then Sorceress too is blonde. We will loose the iconic red-headed Teela'Na (my personal preference). That's why I didn't care for Teela being blonde. Cause it's not only about her. Decision like that affects two characters. Sure you can later retcon Teela to dye her hair red (as the more casual fans that these comics appeal to currently recognize her better), but it would imho be silly to start applying same to Sorceress at this stage.

    And if you would go that Teela'Na is redhead. Duncan has brown hair. Yet Teela is born as blonde? (I'm sure someone can explain the genes being passed to children and what determines hair-color to explain it, but going by lamen "how does this add up?", it unfortunately doesn't)
    It hasn't been stated if Duncan is Teela's biological father in this canon, he's always been her adoptive father before. So her actual father could be blond

    Unless it's Fisto
    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Oh, we know how it happened. But we'd want to know WHY. Since she didn't really explain the change, it seems like a meta in-joke. Teela can't exactly break the fourth wall like She-Hulk and mention that she changed her hair because of fan complaints or editorial mandate.



    People made such a big stink about how Teela couldn't simply dye her hair when Blonde Bikini Teela was announced.
    Oh ok, got ya. I was unaware of the debate over her not being able to simply dye it blonde.

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior Ridureyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,034
    Hey, can we have a list of confirmed deaths in the comic so far?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •