Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DC MOTU Canon and Character Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    It hasn't been stated if Duncan is Teela's biological father in this canon, he's always been her adoptive father before. So her actual father could be blond

Unless it's Fisto
    True. But that would be another big change DC could make. To confirm Duncan and Sorceress.

Or they may go that Teela is clone of Sorceress as per MOTUC has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Hey, can we have a list of confirmed deaths in the comic so far?
    * Sorceress but its essence remains.

* Fruterina

* Leech apparently died twice, I guess a semi-god like Hordak resurrected him as a zombie.

* Zodac seems to die on origin of Hordak issue but I don't think so.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Yeah but if we go with "Teela is born blonde" by DC MOTU Nu standards, then Sorceress too is blonde. We will loose the iconic red-headed Teela'Na (my personal preference). That's why I didn't care for Teela being blonde. Cause it's not only about her. Decision like that affects two characters. Sure you can later retcon Teela to dye her hair red (as the more casual fans that these comics appeal to currently recognize her better), but it would imho be silly to start applying same to Sorceress at this stage.

And if you would go that Teela'Na is redhead. Duncan has brown hair. Yet Teela is born as blonde? (I'm sure someone can explain the genes being passed to children and what determines hair-color to explain it, but going by lamen "how does this add up?", it unfortunately doesn't)
    Hair colour isn't hereditary. Both of my sisters are blonde. My parents and grandparents all had dark hair.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post

* Fruterina

* Leech apparently died twice, I guess a semi-god like Hordak resurrected him as a zombie.

Thanks! So what was it people were saying about Draego-Man, or lots of heroes dying?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Thanks! So what was it people were saying about Draego-Man, or lots of heroes dying?
    I think that was in reference to the MOTUC Powers of Grayskull mini-comics released last year, but I could be mistaken.

* Fruterina

Zodac is destroyed. Hordak gaines his energy. Maybe Zodac's spirit lives somewhere if you want to be hopeful? (otherwise they didn't make a whole lot of good use of the character)

Leech seems to be treated like a race. I don't think the Leech Zodac fought Million Years ago was not the same that Randor as younger man met.

Can I just ask, at the end of the second issue when Randor mutters "Marlena", was that because of the striking resemblance between her and Despera?

Zodac is destroyed. Hordak gaines his energy. Maybe Zodac's spirit lives somewhere if you want to be hopeful? (otherwise they didn't make a whole lot of good use of the character)
    I think Hordak absorbed his soul but at one point ,a long time ago too ,Zodac escaped.
    I think the absorption of souls / energy is related with the current form"no body" of hordak.

Leech seems to be treated like a race. I don't think the Leech Zodac fought Million Years ago was not the same that Randor as younger man met.
    I also think about entire race of Leechs but also think they could take the concept of the ageless army of hordak .

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Can I just ask, at the end of the second issue when Randor mutters "Marlena", was that because of the striking resemblance between her and Despera?
    what I wonder is where Marlena is.
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior
    I think Randor said Marlena's name because Adora looks so much like her. I also wonder what happened to Marlena. We know she was alive and around when Adam first became He-Man, as shown in the origin in He-Man comic, so something must have happened afterwards. As for Hordak. I hope between the Sorceress and Hordak himself we find out more how he got into his current state. I do like how they are how similarities are being drawn between the New Gods and some aspects of MOTU.

- - - Updated - - -

I just saw that MOTU is starting a new arc in issue #7 with a new writer named Dan Abnett. Giffen is still writing the DC vs. MOTU miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post

I just saw that MOTU is starting a new arc in issue #7 with a new writer named Dan Abnett. Giffen is still writing the DC vs. MOTU miniseries.
    that means the Despara arc , as expected ends at number 6 and from 7 starts a new adventure.

Yeahh! Drew Johnson involved in art. Remember He was the artist from She-Ra one-shot , in my opinion the best art from DC motu comics to date.

- - - Updated - - -

regarding the new costume, I think the harness gives a great power, especially the "H" emanates this great power from within him but He need that outfit to channel and control such awesome power.

MOTULA.ORG

I am glad, according to the summary of issue 7, the Horde is still ruling over Eternia. The idea of the Masters having to retake their home through guerrilla warfare should be fun to read. And the new Teela armor is neat looking, although I wish the green was not green but some other color.

I think something happened with Duncan, that Teela looks like a new (Wo)man-At-Arms .
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I hope Duncan is still alive.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So Stratos has Archangel wings now? I guess he has an offensive weapon now...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

While i don't mind the whole re-inventing the line i do mind the blatant rip off in re-designing the costumes.For me they demean the line and characters and it tells me they have run out of idea's:
    He-man-Iron man and Thor combo
    Stratos-The Vulture/Archangel
    Teela-Phoenix(Green/Gold) with red hair(from october at least)
    Hordak-James cameron's Alien Queen

I am buying these comics and enjoy reading them but a lack of originality in re-energizing the line seems like a waste for me.Maybe Mattel are trying to push more towards a more film friendly design.

Quote Originally Posted by he-man121 View Post
    While i don't mind the whole re-inventing the line i do mind the blatant rip off in re-designing the costumes.For me they demean the line and characters and it tells me they have run out of idea's:
    He-man-Iron man and Thor combo
    Stratos-The Vulture/Archangel
    Teela-Phoenix(Green/Gold) with red hair(from october at least)
    Hordak-James cameron's Alien Queen

I am buying these comics and enjoy reading them but a lack of originality in re-energizing the line seems like a waste for me.Maybe Mattel are trying to push more towards a more film friendly design.
    Maybe it's just me, but I think Stratos looks a lot like Deadpool in that pic!

If Mattel want to tweak the character designs for a film I think they'd be better off making them more like the 200X figures, not by emulating DC/Marvel superheroes. The 200X line may have been unsuccessful but the designs were very movie friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So Stratos has Archangel wings now? I guess he has an offensive weapon now...
    I like his new helmet, but they should've stayed closer to the 200X look for the rest of him. I prefer the jet pack that shoots missiles. I don't know about anyone else, but whenever i read his dialogue he has the Connery accent MYP did so much right IMO.

Snappy Threader
    I have to say, I am not a fan of the storyline, as I prefer the old school Filmation-ish storylines. I am indifferent about the styles, some are good, some are way off in my opinion. That being said, I can say I love the comic (I know crazy) and the exposure it is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Good reminder that this isn't our "standard" MOTU canon.
    Do not you think this will happen in this canon? I feel the connection of Teela with Despara is related with her magic power inherited from sorceress.
    MOTULA.ORG

Do not you think this will happen in this canon? I feel the connection of Teela with Despara is related with her magic power inherited from sorceress.
    We've been getting hints of Teela becoming empowered lately. It's become even more apparent with the Sorceress' demise. The latest is how she appeared in Randor's war council when she was up inside one of the Castle towers. Then there is the whole red hair change which is unexplained. Her attitude is even worse...now this could be bad writing or could it be that Teela's mind can't handle the additional burden of housing the Sorceress' spirit?

Finally.. a thread without the hate, complaining why Teela is such a mean ***** I love these comics!

Hmm seems New 52 Teela is showing another side of her personality, maybe she is not such a "bad girl".

MOTULA.ORG

I can't wait the reaction of new 52 teela about the new He-Man suit .What she will say?
    MOTULA.ORG

I can't wait the reaction of new 52 teela about the new He-Man suit .What she will say?
    As of Ongoing #6, now we know...

I'm bringing this thread back for the fans who are enjoying the new take on MOTU.

Heroic Warrior
    Oh, man... what a sorry bunch of redesigns !