Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay everyone, Keep Calm...and Have A Laugh (MOTUC stop motion video)

@Dragonblaster: You can watch the video in Germany! Just go to www.hidemyass.com and enter the url there!

I love this - So. Very. Much!

I LOLed the moment I heard the opening notes - this song is terrific and pretty famous. I'm amazed you got permissions to use the song AND use the figures! Good on you for doing your research and getting the okay, and applause to the big wigs for allowing it! Never thought Mattel would be supportive of a first-time animator doing something so potentially controversial.

This should definitely play at some comic cons...

Any chance you'd do another? Give a follow-up some thought. Given all you've learned, I'm sure it'll go faster for you.

Awww...thank you so much for the encouragement.

It'll be super cool if it does get played somewhere - like that song that was played last year - the Youtube one with He-man.

And yes, super cool that both Mattel (Aus) and the music companies allowed it - given that they could have just said no - so I was / am very grateful that way.

I have another idea in mind - but that has 20 characters - so maybe in another lifetime
    Last edited by RafiS; August 3, 2013 at 02:42am.
    He-Man & She-Ra Stop Motion Video - Princess Adora's New Internet Song - now online on Youtube

Definitely think of a manageable way to try your next idea You've got the skills! Seriously folks - do you realize how smooth and clean this animation was? Very, VERY pro!

*applauds*

The Wife and I love this. Please make more.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Chewer of Trollans
    The stop motion animation is fantastic. Professional. Maybe you will do more?

Just thought I'd post this here as well, since all the pictures are taken from the video...feel free to share

First in a (short) series called Just Another Day on Etheria...

He-Man & She-Ra Stop Motion Video - Princess Adora's New Internet Song - now online on Youtube

One of the funniest videos I've ever seen on Youtube. Well done, my man.

Hilarity abounds! This is BRILLIANT!!! well done haha!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Wow, really well done, wood like to see more videos. What was it like doing stop motion with MOTUC figures? Did you have to do anything special to get them to hold poses?
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Sorry about the late reply.

It was actually pretty easy once I figured out what I wanted to do. I used a lot of blue-tac to hold the figures legs in place - you can even see it in some of the shots. Basically it was just waist movements and neck movements. I also had these Batman stands that I used to hold the legs in place.

Let me know if you have any more questions.