Thread: Thinking about subbing....need some info to help decide

Thinking about subbing....need some info to help decide

Hey guys,
    I've never subbed before, but am thinking about it. Can you tell me what figures are for sure coming out this sub year? Also, with the shipping quarterly or monthly, does anyone know the savings incurred with going quarterly? If it's not a large savings, I'd just go monthly. Sorry to sound stupid, but I just havent had the time to follow all the announcments on figure releases and such. Thanks guys. Hopefully your information will help me with jumping into a sub. It's just hard, because I know I won't want all the figures.......Thanks again everyone.
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Netossa, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Shokotti, Castle Grayskull, Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, Filmation hordak, horde trooper(s), sky high, Kevin kosse heads

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with asking questions.

I can't comment on the quarterly shipping savings. I thought I read that it's about a $20 savings per shipping period, but I don't want to say with certainty. Hopefully someone else can give a firm answer for that one.

As for the confirmed figures:
    Two-Bad
    Glimmer
    Hydron
    MODULOK (not Mantenna as I first stated)
    Unnamed One
    Squeeze or Tung Lashor (one or the other)
    Scorpia (strongly hinted but not confirmed)
    Blade (his swords were in the display at SDCC, strongly hinted but not confirmed)
    Last edited by Prince Adam's Dad; August 14, 2013 at 07:51am.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Thought Mantenna was out this year.

Modulok is also slated for next year, and he'll be the biggest loss for me if the sub goes under.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

BAH. You're right. Modulok, not Mantenna. Thanks for the catch. It's early.

That's a pretty strong line up.....Two bad, mantenna, blade, and sqeeeze or tounge lasher. That's peeked my interest. Thanks for the quick post!
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Netossa, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Shokotti, Castle Grayskull, Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, Filmation hordak, horde trooper(s), sky high, Kevin kosse heads

RS corrected me. Modulok, not Mantenna. Mantenna is coming this year. Sorry for the confusion!

Mantenna would be awesome, but modulok is a good replacement...you are fogiven

Isn't Huntara confirmed for later in the year as well?
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

I am actually on the same page. I have just started collecting this year and you can say that I'm already addicted to this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    Isn't Huntara confirmed for later in the year as well?
    I know she won the fan vote, but I hadn't heard anything concrete about her being '14 or '15. Was she confirmed for next year's sub officially?

Also something of note- You will not be able to buy Two-Bad on the day of the monthly sale. The only way to get him is through the sub. I would expect that several other figures over the course of the year will have the same issue. (This year Clamp Champ, Fangman and Sea Hawk all had/have no Day of Sale stock for non-subscribers).

Also, Mantenna goes on sale in October, so you can still buy him then!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I know she won the fan vote, but I hadn't heard anything concrete about her being '14 or '15. Was she confirmed for next year's sub officially?
    I believe Scott said on RGD that she would most likely be December or January of next year.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    There is already a discussion about the shipping options located here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...n-for-2014-sub

As for who's coming, Dan's video is a great place to start: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...light=2014+sub
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087