Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll Results: He-Man.org Filmation in MOTUC Fan

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I feel most folks will be content if either wins.

Yes, but how many people will be frustrated if one of them never makes it to the line while Plundor or Nephtu are released...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Yes, but how many people will be frustrated if one of them never makes it to the line while Plundor or Nephtu are released...
    Mild frustration on not getting a favorite character, I get. But vehement outbursts, I don't get. I never witness this in person from anyone.

While a lot of us don't shine on Nephtu, we don't yet know how he looks or what comes with him. Maybe he'll have great accessories and/or a cool pack-in that might make him worth it.... maybe.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    It's a shame that Melaktha came in last. I would like him eventually. To me, he was a better choice than Dekker.
    I agree, Melaktha is better than Dekker, but if you didn't see the episodes, he's probably boring to most folks. To most fans, he's just a buff librarian. I guess Melaktha needs a gimmick, and maybe a name change. "Book-Or" or "His-Torian", and a gigantic bookmark weapon.

Pretty happy with those results, almost my top 10. I had Huntara much lower in the poll and Imp higher. Happy to see Melaktha last, way too boring visually for me to want a figure.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

This is pretty much what I was suspecting... though I am a bit surprised Huntara and Masque cracked the top ten together so very very close. Mattel should just do an outside-the-sub two-pack of these two and make EVERYONE happy!
    Also- attn: ToyGuru... NO NEPTHU!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    POP Filmation produced more core characters than MOTU Filmation, so I'm not surprised by the top 3 spots going to POP.

Huntara and Masque are always neck to neck in every poll I've seen.

So sad for my Sybiline.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

I really only want 4 out of the top 10
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Admittedly, I'm not the biggest Filmation fan, but I voted and I researched every character so I could vote based purely on their physical appearance. Very few of my choices made the top 10.

I'm glad Scorpia made #1 as I know T4H will make her great. I'm keeping an open mind on the rest but Razz and Imp? I see the support for them here on the .Org (but nowhere else) so I guess I shouldn't be surprised they ranked so high. Even with "The Horsemen Treatment," I can't see them fitting the MOTUC aesthetic.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I just wish that Queen Elmora gets made.

I remember as a kid a video store called Jumbo Video sold off a bunch of BETA tapes of He-Man episodes, and I was lucky enough to get one of them. The tape had 1 or 2 episodes and She-Demon of Phantos was one of them.

Queen Elmora scared me, so I remember her, and she could come with 2 heads! 1 good and 1 bad!

It's all I really want. All I really really want.

And Scorpia. With evil robots. And a coffee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Admittedly, I'm not the biggest Filmation fan, but I voted and I researched every character so I could vote based purely on their physical appearance. Very few of my choices made the top 10.

I'm glad Scorpia made #1 as I know T4H will make her great. I'm keeping an open mind on the rest but Razz and Imp? I see the support for them here on the .Org (but nowhere else) so I guess I shouldn't be surprised they ranked so high. Even with "The Horsemen Treatment," I can't see them fitting the MOTUC aesthetic.
    Imp would only be cool if he came with Filmation Hordak. Mattel could package him like they did with Orko.
    Jay

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I LOVE these polls/rankings The top 4 of this one were no suprise as they are the same as we are seeing in the TOP TEN MOST WANTED MOTUC's thread here:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...C-Edition-2013!!!!!

One notable difference is that Sea Hawk is in 4th place there. I believe it is because he truly is the 2nd place most wanted Filmation character, but most people are pretty confident he is a lock with the teaser of his sword. As such, in the TOP TEN MOST WANTED, people are likely excluding him from their picks in favor of a character they want but dont think is locked in yet for the lineup. Madame Razz is WAY out ahead of Sea Hawk and Lizard Man even has him beat. Anyways, those are my observations......

To those of you who have not posted your top ten, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR????? Head on over!!! It is fun and only takes a minute

Come on Val, what are your top ten??????

So far, they are pretty close here on the poll that zodak74 started as well. So, I guess Mattel's poll makes sense. I think it would have been better suited for all subscribers to vote rather than SDCC. But it looks like they are both in demand no matter what happens. I feel most folks will be content if either wins.
    I agree, especially with your point about having subscribers decide. I'd assume they'd want to throw in as many "perks" as possible to sell the sub.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I like the way things played out except my number 1 was 5th. I have wanted a Strongarm since I was a kid, although I know how popular Scorpia and Razz are. But my number 2 was 23rd, im guessing my finger is not on the pulse of the community . Where is the love for the giant bunny?

Quote Originally Posted by ramaman View Post
    I just wish that Queen Elmora gets made.
    Queen Elmora scared me, so I remember her, and she could come with 2 heads! 1 good and 1 bad!

It's all I really want. All I really really want.

And Scorpia. With evil robots. And a coffee.
    The "And a coffee" bit is humorous, and Queen Elmora was uniquely scary in her own way.

Admiral Scurvy is the odd character I would really like. That and Prince Zed. And, a million dollars.
    --------------------------
    The top ten group is good. Too bad, Dylamug, King Miro and General Sunder are not higher.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I have zero interest in Razz. I knew she'd finish high though tons of people seem to love her? I don't get the appeal at all (same goes for the Twiggets, Uncle Montork, Dree Elle, or Imp). I get they were on the shows but they were just so goofy and dorky.
    Same with me! Other than that I am quite OK with the poll results.

Quite ironic that Lord Masque and Huntara are neck and neck with each other even in this poll. Will make the SDCC vote all the more controversial. I expect a "conspiracy" regardless of which one wins, but a bit more so if Masque wins...and this is coming from someone who wishes Huntara to win. The list, especially the top 10, pretty much agrees to my wants. The top 5 really MUST be made. And I REALLY hope that Evilseed and Miro, should they be made, are made in 200x style and not Filmation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horde Supreme View Post
    Lizard Man, Strongarm made the top 5 and Masque and Huntara round out the top 10, and Plundor's at the bottom so I'm happy!!! A bit unsettling to see Melaktha at the very bottom.
    I agree. I wish Melaktha would have been higher on that list. I wish Dylamug, Kittrina, and General Tataran were too. BUT, at least all of these characters were popular enough to make the top 25.

I wish they'd release Masque and Melaktha together as a 2-pack, then they could have Huntara take up that monthly slot in 2014/2015.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Quite ironic that Lord Masque and Huntara are neck and neck with each other even in this poll. Will make the SDCC vote all the more controversial. I expect a "conspiracy" regardless of which one wins, but a bit more so if Masque wins...and this is coming from someone who wishes Huntara to win. The list, especially the top 10, pretty much agrees to my wants. The top 5 really MUST be made. And I REALLY hope that Evilseed and Miro, should they be made, are made in 200x style and not Filmation.
    I disagree with you on Evilseed. The Filmation version is way better. With King Miro, I can go either way. I would have loved getting both.

Heroic Warrior
    A lot of no surprises here - I'm sad Kittrina came so so low, Plundor and Hunga too (still at least she came in the top 15), but not surprised, I am a little surprised at the Masque/Huntara thing though, how weird is that they came out next to each other (proving Matel's point) But much higher than Nepthu and Plundor (proving several posters on here's point) before we even had that 'controversy'? Very odd but quite cool in it's own way.

I want almost all of the 25, but since a couple of you are talking about Evilseed... I think he needs to be a hybrid of both the MYP and Filmation. If I had to choose one: Filmation all the way. I was petrified of that cabbage head when I was a kid! He and Shokoti gave me nightmares when I was younger.

The list isn't too surprising.

Very happy to see Dragoon crack the top 20!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

For the most part its what I was expecting but I thought Kittrina and General Tataran would have been higher and General Sunder a lot lower.

There's only about six on the list I would actually buy though.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Half of the Top Ten are POP and a full 1/3 of the Top 25 are female across all brands. This is fantastic and speaks to the loyalty we fans have to these characters....and to our strength in numbers.

I can only hope Scott recognizes how important the characters in this list are.

And to think, we could have all of them, even Nepthu, with two full years of a FILMation sub.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I agree, Melaktha is better than Dekker, but if you didn't see the episodes, he's probably boring to most folks. To most fans, he's just a buff librarian. I guess Melaktha needs a gimmick, and maybe a name change. "Book-Or" or "His-Torian", and a gigantic bookmark weapon.
    A real shame the Twiggets and Melaktha ended so low. The Twiggets were an integral part of the Great Rebellion. Melaktha appeared in 6 MOTU episodes. His young assistant Stanlan appeared in quite a few those and stood up to Shokoti. Sea Hawk ended quite high but his second in command, Swen who appeared in just as many episodes is not even mentioned. I guess he'll be one to have customized. And where are Admiral Scurvy and Squall and Colonel Blast?

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Oh deary my.
    Looks like this Madame Razz thing is pretty much inevitable.

Horsemen, the challenge of all challenges is to make this somehow cool.

"Let the dream die."

Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by lieven146 View Post
    And where are Admiral Scurvy and Squall and Colonel Blast?
    Admiral Scurvy and Colonel Blast didn't crack the top 25.

The top 25 in the mainpage poll were determined by this vote: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3275241
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    What are your thoughts on the results?
    Ehh, not a big fan of Filmation so I could take of leave the results as I only really want a very small fraction of the Filmation characters.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!