Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poll Results: He-Man.org Filmation in MOTUC Fan

Glad Dylamug made the top 20. By the end of the year he'll be 19th or hopefully 18th. I think he has a better shot than some because they can put him in a quarterly slot to offset tooling.

The list is pretty much what I expected. Thought Sunder would have placed higher & Robots, Hunga, Granita, Hawke & Kittrina would have been lower. Dree-Elle over Montork is the shocker to me.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I'd like all 25 of them so wherever they rank is ok by me! When I was a kid I always wished for Filmation figures and now we are finally getting them so whoever and however they come is ok with me!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    That was just an example. I only wanted to point out that making fans choose between two demanded characters is a bit cruel. Had the vote been between two lesser known characters, things would have been abit more understandable. BTW, I am a bit worried by the fact that there may not be enough spots for two of the nine most wanted Filmation characters. Since four more Filmation characters are to be released in 2013, should we assume that less than five Filmation characters are scheduled for 2014 and 2015?
    Oh I know you were kidding, just saying I really want Scorpia and don't have any use for Razz. I personally have zero problem with the vote between Huntara and Masque (with the exception both would be better choices for this year's Filmation sub over Plundor or Nepthu). People need to remember over the next 2 years there are only about 15-17 regular sized figures per year so 30-34 over the next two years without any mini subs. So either Mattel could have allowed the vote or just slotted one or the other without any interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I hope so I have zero interest in Razz. I knew she'd finish high though tons of people seem to love her? I don't get the appeal at all (same goes for the Twiggets, Uncle Montork, Dree Elle, or Imp). I get they were on the shows but they were just so goofy and dorky.
    I definitely understand those who don't like the way these characters look or act in their various media depictions. Though I would argue that the characters you cite offer more than just comic relief, I totally get that they are just too cartoony or campy for universal appeal.

That being said, I am always puzzled when people say they are perplexed why others like them. We all have different motivations and desire varying styles. For a lot of people (I would wager the majority given poll results) collecting these is fueled by nostalgia. The main selling point is either personal connection or recollection by fans. While getting "cool" looking figures is always exciting, that is not the main draw for all collectors. If you grew up with something and were a big fan of the cartoon then it's likely that most people (there are always exceptions) will want to collect the figures who were central to it --- especially when they have never been done in plastic before. That's the appeal here. Lots of us grew up watching characters like Madame Razz on a near daily basis and have been waiting for almost 30 years for a figure of her.

Does that make sense? I certainly can't speak for everyone who likes Madame Razz and Broom or the Twiggets but I do know that a lot of people feel this way. I hope I've articulated why. In any event, this line caters to a wide range of tastes. Hopefully there's room for everyone's favorites!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

The list is not how I voted but it is not a surprise. I thought General Tataran would be higher up, and maybe Hunga the Harpy as well (at least I'd have expected her to poll better than Vultak!).

As has been pointed out by others ... where's Nepthu?

At least if the Nepthu rumours are true, it gives me hope for characters like Kothos and Sybiline who mysteriously didn't make this poll of 25.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I'd like all 25 of them so wherever they rank is ok by me! When I was a kid I always wished for Filmation figures and now we are finally getting them so whoever and however they come is ok with me!
    This is a great attitude and manner to see the situation. In agreement, Filmation characters were always desirable, mainly Princess of Power Horde.

The results are about what I expect. It mostly mirrors how I voted except for the Twiggets and Tataran who I had in my top 10.

While I know they are popular, I can't stand the Robot Knights. They're just so out of place being affiliated with Skeletor IMO. I much rather have the MVC Skeleton Warriors as his shock troops.

Nice to see Filmation Evilseed getting some love as well.

Ya know i am beyond annoyed.
    I voted...but i have NO clue how!
    It was all blank and crap and then it said " thanks for yer vote"...i think i voted in the order in which they were listed.
    I doubt it woulda made a difference but to me it did!!

I really hope the entire Top 20 at least can be made, somehow, some way.

I would have loved for Sunder to place higher, but at least he is EASY reuse for all that new tooling the Troopers will require, so that is working in his favor.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    Cool results. Though pointless as Scotty will just make whatever he wants then make an excuse for it afterwards.
    Yep.

Pink bunny man ranks 23 of 25, while Strong Arm is in the top 5.

In a world where the company honors the customers, we woild get Strong Arm and several othertop tier candidates.

But, instead, we are subservient to those who foist things on us that we never really wanted, and these polls are the evidence to further enhance my point.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw Bridge View Post
    Yep.

Pink bunny man ranks 23 of 25, while Strong Arm is in the top 5.

In a world where the company honors the customers, we woild get Strong Arm and several othertop tier candidates.

But, instead, we are subservient to those who foist things on us that we never really wanted, and these polls are the evidence to further enhance my point.
    But we still may. Remember motjings been officially announced. People are up in arms about rumors. We'll see in a week or two.

I thought the point of the Filmation sub was to get to those characters we might not get to otherwise in the main sub? So it seems like it makes sense the most popular characters aren't necessarily in it. I get the worry about 2014 not going through and all that, it just seems like this sub is fulfilling it's role?

Over all I'm happy with the results. I'm glad to see a strong support for female characters and a split of MOTU and POP in the top ten.

1. Scorpia: My number 1 must have, she will look so great along side Shadow Weaver, Octavia, Catra, Hordak, and the rest of the Horde.
    2. Sea Hawk: Very high on my list, one of if not the top male I want.
    3. Madame Razz (with Broom): 2nd place on my wants list, to finally have a Madame Razz figure would be awesome, I hope it happens.
    4. Lizard Man: Not a personal favorite but if he's done with a new smaller buck he'd be a really nice addition.
    5. Strongarm: Not really a fan, to similar to Fisto and Jitsu.
    6. Robot Knights: I'd like them more than the skeleton warriors, but will not miss them if they don't happen.
    7. Evilseed: Seems like a hard one to tackle for a figure if done straight up Filmation, I can't wait to see him.
    8. Masque: Greatly out shadowed by Shokoti, I don't feel that he's need just because we have her, on my list but lower.
    9. Huntara: A great stand alone hero from POP, a fun design that is not completely human, I really think she'd make a great figure. She gets my vote.
    10. Imp: Of the remaining "little guys" he's my most wanted. I hope we get him soon and with at least one alternate shape/transformation.
    11. Graniita: Moved high on my want list due to the other RW being released, they need her to break up the sausage fest.
    12. Hawke: A Filmation characte I've wanted since I was a kid. I think the best idea is to give her a second blonde "Delora" head, I'd buy 2.
    13. Vultak: He's ok, not as wanted as Icer and Batros.
    14. Hunga the Harpy: The most beastly of all female characters, she's be a welcome addition to the MOTUC line.
    15. King Miro: I know he's popular, I thought more than 15th, but I personally don't feel I "need" him.
    16. General Sunder: I also thought and wanted him to score higher on the list, like Sea Hawk he's one of the best remaining males IMO.
    17. Dree Ellle: That Orko buck is going to waste, I'd love a Trollen 2-pack.
    18. Kittrina: I so wanted her to be higher, I think I want her more than Huntara, she seems like a character that could have been in vintage MOTU.
    19. Dragoon: Ok but not on my list.
    20. Dylamug: I just can't see Mattel doing all the tooling for him that would be unusable for other characters, I'd be happy to have him.
    21. General Tataran: Yeah, I had to look him up, so clearly I'm fine without him.
    22. Uncle Montork: See Dree Elle
    23. Plundor: I don't know why but I like Pludor he's just so odd, a big pink/purple bunny, whats not to love.
    24. Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker, Spritina): They would be neat but after Imp, Kowl, Dree Elle, Montork, basically I could live without.
    25. Melaktha: I'm not surprised he's last, I had him very lost on my vote, not interesting visually, to many others needed before him, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I hope so I have zero interest in Razz. I knew she'd finish high though tons of people seem to love her? I don't get the appeal at all (same goes for the Twiggets, Uncle Montork, Dree Elle, or Imp). I get they were on the shows but they were just so goofy and dorky.
    I get the feeling you're not a Filmation fan.

I'm guessing you were a little older when the cartoon came out, it seems that those who were didn't connect with it as much as those of use who were younger. Hey we each have our own likes.

Quote Originally Posted by bnlvince View Post
    Really madam razz with broom beat out lord masque and strong arm? If they don't make lord masque we riot!
    I feel that the opposite, no Razz we riot.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

With the exception of a few, the top 10 is almost the opposite to my top 10. Ah well...

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    With the exception of a few, the top 10 is almost the opposite to my top 10. Ah well...
    Madame Razz is in my bottom 5 (not really waned at all)

as are Dree Elle, Montork, Sunder, Twiggets....

And Melaktha? Why? Personally I'd rather see Negator over a few on this list....Where's the love for him?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I get the feeling you're not a Filmation fan.

I'm guessing you were a little older when the cartoon came out, it seems that those who were didn't connect with it as much as those of use who were younger. Hey we each have our own likes.

I feel that the opposite, no Razz we riot.
    I love Filmation, always have, I was 7 when MOTU came on....Filmation was my only exposure to He-Man, then I got into the toys. But I do not want a Razz figure, and this is my personal preference, I'm not in any way calling for her not to be made....I just don't want her. My biggest want when the girls of POP are done is Filmation Hordak, and pack a Filmation Leech, Skeletor or a Mer-Man head in there with him, or at least one of the other coming Filmation figures.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Glad to take part. The results are not much of a surprise for me.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I just want Mattel to have another 6 month filmation sub next year as well........

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonSOS View Post
    I just want Mattel to have another 6 month filmation sub next year as well........
    Well let's hope that Club Eternia sells enough to get that green lit!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heres how i feel about the results
    1. Scorpia - well deserved
    2. Sea Hawk- well deserved
    3. Madame Razz (with Broom)- well deserved
    4. Lizard Man- well deserved
    5. Strongarm- well deserved
    6. Robot Knights- well deserved
    7. Evilseed-well deserved
    8. Masque-- well deserved
    9. Huntara- want her but i feel others should come first
    10. Imp- want him
    11. Graniita- want her but i feel others should come first
    12. Hawke- want her but i feel others should come first
    13. Vultak- need him
    14. Hunga the Harpy- want her but i feel others should come first
    15. King Miro- need him
    16. General Sunder-want him but i feel others should come first
    17. Dree Ellle- dont want anymore trollons, their playability is so limited and feel they add nothing on a whole
    18. Kittrina- want her but i feel others should come first
    19. Dragoon- was thinking this guy way down the line
    20. Dylamug- need him
    21. General Tataran- was thinking this guy way down the line
    22. Uncle Montork-dont want anymore trollons, their playability is so limited and feel they add nothing on a whole
    23. Plundor- hes not even from eternia, i dont want this guy in the line if possible
    24. Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker, Spritina)- down the line
    25. Melaktha- he has no real abilities , he doesnt fit in with the cast we have from the masters

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Madame Razz is in my bottom 5 (not really waned at all).
    Same here. Ill flip that the minute it's in my hands. Zero interest personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Well let's hope that Club Eternia sells enough to get that green lit!
    As do I. I wouldn't mind an 8 figure mini-sub with 2 Filmation variants to be voted on by the fans

Not much hope for Dylamug then And King Miro and Kittrina came above him??? I don't care too much about Kittrina and whose given much thought to owning a bearded old guy with a bald head anyway? Come on, you can't tell me that a cyborg Horde member with a big evil grinning face is less cool than an ordinary balding old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Over all I'm happy with the results. I'm glad to see a strong support for female characters and a split of MOTU and POP in the top ten.
    I agree. Overall, I'm happy with them too. Plus, the votes don't concur your secret society complaint. Their membership must not be so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskarr View Post
    Not much hope for Dylamug then And King Miro and Kittrina came above him??? I don't care too much about Kittrina and whose given much thought to owning a bearded old guy with a bald head anyway? Come on, you can't tell me that a cyborg Horde member with a big evil grinning face is less cool than an ordinary balding old man.
    I definitely remember Kittrina. King Miro was always in the back of my mind because of the story but he wasn't a character I thought too much about. Still, I remembered them both more than Dylamug. I'm guessing it may have been the same for some others.

I can't believe Dylamug, a weaponized mattress, beat out General Tataran, Skeletor's key player in one of his most famous, clever and closest to working plots to defeat He-Man.

I can't really believe Dylamug beat out anyone; I know he's got his fans, so is there something I'm missing about him
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskarr View Post
    It's not always about character appearance, but about significance. King Miro is He-man and She-ra's grandfather and Randor and Skeletor's father!. Dial a mug is a Horde Member. He's cool and I wouldn't mind a figure of him, but he's not as significant as Miro! Dial a mug would also take up a lot of the tooling budget for a year...