Thread: Vintage Group Custom Showcase 03: LANDSHARK MAN

Vintage Group Custom Showcase 03: LANDSHARK MAN

Continuing the Vintage Group Custom Showbases (the very first one can be found HERE and the second HERE) with 'forgotten foe men', here we proudly present Vintage Group Custom Showcase 03.

Yes, this showcase is dedicated to the mighty Landshark and it's fearless pilot. How would the Fighting Foe Man look that either invented or drove the Landshark? And how would Mattel have made him in the 1980s? Here he is, according to various of the talented customizers on this board. Enjoy!

We're going to do this alphabetically. First up then is Battle Klones' version. His rather fearsome entry is called DR. SHARKO, the LANDSHARK MAN:

Next up, e-man's rather dull Landshark Driver, who'se vehicle clearly is compensating for something:

Here's masterenglish' fishy looking entry:

Mon Prime's Eternian Universe is crawling with shark-like creatures and it comes with a back story. "Mer-Man has a black-op squad that carries out secret missions. Gret-Wyt was injured in a battle and is now wired directly into his modified Landshark called Tygershark. Or-Kai is Gret-Wyt right hand man. He serves as his legs in there missions. The two soliders that always do there bidding are Gret-Wyt son Kilr-Wyt and Phys-Lg."

motumulder created a unique version of the character and he named him Dreadnok'r:

Last but not least (he's running the show after all) is Tyke's version, that will give many of us a scary dream:

Gentlemen, feel free to post more pics (I know you have 'em!) and your stories behind these customs underneath.

This is the third edition of this vintage group custom showcase. The next one will be based on Fright Fighter. Up in two months from now! Deadline in little less than 2 months (last day of August). If anybody wants to join in, feel free! Drop Tyke and/or me a PM for more details. Now if you please... let us all know what you think of the above.
    Last edited by e-man; September 2, 2013 at 02:41pm.

These are all great! Some interesting takes on the character!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Looking great guys! I have been anticipating this thread.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

YES!!! These showcases are getting better and better! WOW! What a line-up! I had only seen two of these before this post. WOW!

BATTLE KLONES: NICE! That "Terminator:Salvation" vehicle is inspiring so many customs these days, and yours is top-notch! Love the face on that executioner head. This guy is definitely another of my top faves!
    EMAN: I love it! I know that head, man, and the color scheme is awesome. TOTAL VINTAGE and one of my favorites for sure!
    MON-EP: Man, I love the creativity here, the story, and even a modified LandShark itself!
    MASTER ENGLISH: Homerun, man. The triple-back-pack is menacing, and using actual vehicle parts in the design is ingenius.
    MOTUMULDER: Tattoos! Tattoos! This guy is definitely a bad-*ss on Eternia. Love the goggles, and can't wait to see what people say about all the different parts you used for this unique head (folks, it's NOT just a repainted HeMan head!)

couple more of mine to show off the eyeballs:

See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

Snappy Threader
    All of them...so cool....

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I love how motumulder's has such a Dreadnok feel to him, the colors and look of the guy are awesome. Tyke's is of course spectacular in a very evil and creative way. They are all great!
    I'd like to say for my guy his orange fins are actually Landsharks teeth, cut up and attached to the figure. His 'fart machines' are from the Landsharks motor.
    Once again thanks to eman and Tyke for all the behind the scenes work!

So crazy design solutions! Congratulations guys!

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    I love how motumulder's has such a Dreadnok feel to him
    My bad! i should've given him the proper name motumulder gave him: Dreadnok'r
    Will fix that NOW!

This is soooo sweet! Look at all those customs and the diversity between them, all based on the Landshark! The group is getting bigger and bigger is better in this case, WOW guys (10th time scrolling up and down and loving it)!

Okay, so from top to bottom.

Battle Klones: WOWZERS, the tracks, the guns but especialy that torso. That head is realy brutal and you continued that all the way down!

E-man: Dude, that's one eclectic masterpiece! But you know I got a sweet spot for vintage and this one could go straight up on the poster between our childhood heroes.

ME: I had a bit of a teaser of ME custom so it's not my first sighting but man, this is one of those that gets better the more you see him. That "dull" grey paint with those blasts of color of the fins, sweet. The Roboto pants, still kicking myself for not thinking of those. And like Tyke said, actual vehicle parts, gotta love that!

Mon-Ep: First of, I realy love to see more pictures, if possible of individual customs. These look realy good and I'm particularly loving the guy in the back on the right. I will be waiting patiently for you to reveal the who's and what's partwise on these customs.

Tyke: You horrible person you! That is the gnarliest figure I've ever seen come through motu. I saw Critters as a child and I get the same creepy feeling when looking at yours. So, GREAT job! That shark "head" is a looker of himself but your colors and then those skimpy legs realy make him the ultimate bad ass!

Now, if your still reading here's the recepi of mine so tune out if you don't wanna know or gues!
    Zodac body and arms, King Hiss legs, Trap Jaw shoulder armor 'set' with Spikors spike's, Tri-Klops head+He-man hair+ MAA eyes noseridge, weapon pack gun, warhammer stickers, E-man's awsome find transparant thingies from home depot for the goggels.
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!

Hi all, this time i found this show so much funny!
    I have reinterpretated the Landshark soul in a steampunk way.
    My character is called Dr. Sharko and is the evil friend of Skeletor, probably a Try-Klops invention.

As Motumulder says, the great thing in this show, is how every customizer, has seen the Landshark Man through his own style. And this is awesome!

Love the e-man character, this pilot could be in the Original Vintage Motu Line, great scheme.

MasterEnglish your toothful shark beast is awesome, and the engine on the back is the perfect match for the back side
    The color scheme puts this figure in a different perspective than the rest.

Mon Prime, you have to post a picture for every character you made! because those are really amazing!!!!

Motumulder, your figure is my favourite, he is a bad guy but funny!
    it looks like a surfer Great mix of parts... lovely!

Tyke! Your figure is speechless. You hit the target, my friend!

Thanks to Tyke who helped me finding some parts to complete my project

I'm glad to be part of your crew.
    See you on the next show

p.s.:
    here you are a wip picture and another one of the front view.

Last edited by BATTLE KLONES; July 9, 2013 at 06:45am.
    Fighting the Bootleg campaign - Enjoy the Battle Klones Forces

Add BATTLE KLONES on facebook

http://www.pietrocarretta.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3694852...7627928909160/

THANKS to everyone commenting and having fun with this showcase Appreciated!

Recipe for mine (forgot to post earlier):
    STREET SHARK head/torso
    PIGHEAD (RULERS OF THE SUN) cast arms
    DCUC "build a figure" BANE belt/crotch
    NEPTHUL (Blackstar) legs
    LANDSHARK rifle

ironic! Only the gun is from MOTU!

and arms and legs are magnetized so can be removed and no paint rub!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    cool characters, guys!
    these group customs are always fun and very creative: keep on the good work.

Amazing work guys! Another few months another unfinished custom for me.
    Is not not licking toads

Thanks CharlieBrown!

and Chris! When you're ready just let us know (remember I'm still making you that Bionatops custom for your shelf very soon!)

Heroic Warrior
    How does one become involved in the custom contests?

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    mulders version is by far my favorite for some odd reason... and looks like i might have an offical nemesis for TT on here with that first entry!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by docfairday View Post
    What would your involvement involve? No teasing.
    Well, the easiest way at the moment is sending a message to Tyke or E-man that you're in. That's just so they put you up in the memory check list, so you get a heads up when the deadline of the next showcase is in your mailbox etc. We like to call it showcase cause we/I don't see it as a competition/contest just a brewing pot of a lot of talented folk making a custom based on the same thing.

We are now at the Frightfighter show, little agenda below.

Shows

“The Battleram Man Show” (deadline Feb. 28)

“The BashaSHOWrus” (deadline April 30)

“The LandSHOWrk” (deadline June 30)

(Show to be named) “Fright Fighter” (deadline August 31)

(Show to be named) “Monstroid” (deadline October 31)

(Show to be named) “Dragon Walker” (deadline December 31)

Shows to be named ?????????????
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!

Quote Originally Posted by docfairday View Post
    Yes, what MOTUMULDER said! PM me or E-Man and let's get you involved it's a lot of fun, man! We hope to continue this through 2014, too Every two months a new showcase!

Indeed, what Tyke said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
    Yes, what MOTUMULDER said! PM me or E-Man and let's get you involved it's a lot of fun, man! We hope to continue this through 2014, too Every two months a new showcase!
    And that goes for anybody that wants to join the fun.