Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Resellers - how successful have you been this year?

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Maybe, but if that is what someone feels the need to do in keep the line going because og the value they see in it then more power to him/her.
    Definitely more power to them....I won't be doing it. For one, I don't have extra money for the initial purchases....too many other lines to afford at the same time, then factor in any add on subs that may come.

I was mainly referring to people who are trying to offload in a single sub....it's something you can't do without a loss if you are keeping the main figures everyone wants....

If you buy more than one, and sell the others, you'll have to eat the cost of the lesser demanded ones....is what I said....didn't say anything else, then I went on about the ones who can't sell say Karatti....and have no others to sell because they keep the good ones for themselves.... That is what my main point was....

People have taken loses, selling since Star Sisters....Netossa, Foe Men, and now Karatti, and apparently NAHM will be no easier to offload either.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

This year has been terrible for resale of figures.

We need to help out yodafreakmaster, he bought 30 subs to help out the line. Every time a figure is released it $25 X 30 plus shipping and tax. That's almost $1000 per figure.

So in the month of May it cost him about $4000 for Karatii and Fighting Foe Men, and we all know those are loosing a ton of money.

If you need extra figures PM him, and offer just a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post

We need to help out yodafreakmaster, he bought 30 subs to help out the line. Every time a figure is released it $25 X 30 plus shipping and tax. That's almost $1000 per figure.

So in the month of May it cost him about $4000 for Karatii and Fighting Foe Men, and we all know those are loosing a ton of money.

I don't see 2014 being easier, even if they don't have DOS....not everyone will care about every remaining Vintage character....I know, I personally don't....Two-Bad & Dragstor are truly all I care about out of what's left....I know I decide on a figure by figure basis on what I think looks decent or what I would want to sell....I will likely sub anyway, but damn....there will be plenty I believe that will be hard sells next year.
    Coming.... Mermista
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    The key thing is knowing when to sell - I sold a ton of my doubles last Oct-Dec and made a large profit on them. This year I'll be doing the same, there is no point in selling Netossa, Karatti or FFM now as they are always on ebay. I will probably sell them next year or when more Mutants or POP characters are released.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I was mainly referring to people who are trying to offload in a single sub....it's something you can't do without a loss if you are keeping the main figures everyone wants....
    This is a solid point. Seems to be a correlation between multiple subs and profits turned. It's frustrating to not be able to make back retail on the ones I don't want (which is all I was really hoping for out of the deal-I accepted the fact that I would not profit due to shipping costs), but it's not enough to get all bent out of shape.

But yeah, I'm not buying multiples. I'm just not. I can't tie up that much initital capital to turn a profit later on. To the people who are going to snag multiple subs and hold onto figures for months and months to maximize profits, more power to you.

Weighing my options, I think I'm more inclined to take a slight loss for the rest of the year if it means I'm not sitting on these things forever.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I just sold my King He-man and Fang-man figures for 100 EUR yesterday. I haven't been able to sell any other sub figures so for (I have Snake-Face, Karatti, Jitsu on sale). Because of the high costs I have to ask 40 EUR just to get bit over even for each of those figures and I'm not yet ready to sell them for cheaper than what they cost me. So so far this year has not been a blast re-selling wise.

I'm one of the lucky ones because I'm totally in <3 with the FFM. They are my favorite figures of this year. Or maybe it's a tie with Octavia.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Reselling ALWAYS requires some patience and a seeding, growing, harvesting period. Only the "unavailable" or interpreted to be rare items seem to sell quickly nowadays.
    That being said, 2013 is like ICE CUBES compared to 2012. Perhaps the magic is wearing off. Perhaps the lack of major a-listers is affecting the interest level.

I can personally say that I'm BUYING way less on Matty days. $27 is simply OVERPRICED. Combine that with the out of our control hikes to all forms of shipping for 2013, and we got a perfect storm of higher than ever prices for much less demanded toys.

When a reseller has to START at over $30 just to break even on one figure, the ability to profit gets massively diminished. Granted, it's not all about profit, but providing figures to collectors via the mail does require some work. For those of us resellers without the benefit of a real JOB, the profit becomes way more important. The Hyve rule of thumb is $5. If a Lincoln can be made, the deal is worth doing.
    So that usually puts me at $36 PLUS shipping for a brand new MOTUC. This, quite frankly, is a TERRIBLE price.

Now if you wanna talk feebay, it's similar to lighting $5 bills on fire and inviting unsatisfied rude strangers into your living room to spray-paint haterisms on your wall.
    Yeah, ebay is great.
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Now if you wanna talk feebay, it's similar to lighting $5 bills on fire and inviting unsatisfied rude strangers into your living room to spray-paint haterisms on your wall.
    Yeah, ebay is great.

^^^^^

That's hilarious! I just sold something on there and felt like I paid more to sell it then I did to buy it.
    "Problems Weaver?"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post

Seriously, there is a reason most of the fans only bought one or two subs... I don't get the idea to buy so many subs just to support a simple toyline as a normal person, unless I can afford it...

No offense to the guy, but this the kind of stuff that happens if Mattel catch you with their scare tactics/marketing methods...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see 2014 being easier, even if they don't have DOS....not everyone will care about every remaining Vintage character....I know, I personally don't....Two-Bad & Dragstor are truly all I care about out of what's left....I know I decide on a figure by figure basis on what I think looks decent or what I would want to sell....I will likely sub anyway, but damn....there will be plenty I believe that will be hard sells next year.
    Those are valid points, too...

We will see it with Clamp Champ. Will his value rise because of the sub limitation or not? It will be a good indicator for characters like Ninjor, Blade, Saurod, Gwildor, Extendar...

There is one more problem with the sub-only model, I didn't think about: There is a possibilty, that many cherry pickers would sub, too... Therefore the demand may drop, because you got more people with a sub and less people, who cherry pick...
    Last edited by Berserker79; July 10, 2013 at 10:58am.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I just sold my King He-man and Fang-man figures for 100 EUR yesterday. I haven't been able to sell any other sub figures so for (I have Snake-Face, Karatti, Jitsu on sale). Because of the high costs I have to ask 40 EUR just to get bit over even for each of those figures and I'm not yet ready to sell them for cheaper than what they cost me. So so far this year has not been a blast re-selling wise.

I'm one of the lucky ones because I'm totally in
    I'm not wanting to sell at a loss either....I even tried to make an arrangement for a Orger that lives about 35 miles or so from me to drive to where my Wife works (which is much closer to him than my house) to pick up a figure instead of paying shipping.....I've heard nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Is-rael View Post
    Yeah, ebay is great.

^^^^^

That's hilarious! I just sold something on there and felt like I paid more to sell it then I did to buy it.
    The last haul of Transformers was the last thing I sold on E-Bay....I got $ 500 between two lots....and they were modern Classics / Generations Transformers....and 2 SDCC G1 re-issues....I ended up paying $120+ in fees between Paypal and Ebay.... I said to hell with this.... And when I got into MOTUC, I found this site, and the Marketplace, and have never looked back to Ebay....

Of course, I have no more Transformers I wish to sell....so that helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Those are valid points, too...

We will see it with Clamp Champ. Will his value rise because of the sub limitation or not? It will be a good indicator for characters like Ninjor, Blade, Saurod, Gwildor, Extendar...

There is one more problem with the sub-only model, I didn't think about: There is a possibilty, that many cherry pickers would sub, too... Therefore the demand may drop, because you got more people with a sub and less people, who cherry pick...
    And then there's that, I know there will still be a small bunch that will refuse to sub no matter what....but.... What if, more pickers sub next year, like I did for this year? Then what for reselling?
    Coming.... Mermista
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Which ones did you sell and which did you keep?
    I sold King He-Man - Fang Man - Karatti so far...I kept the FFM which I think really helped tip the scales in my favor so far. I even sold KHM and FM at less than 'going rate' just to be sure they moved.

I have more I am going to sell in the second half of the sub and some in the Filmation Sub, so I am hoping for more DOS blackouts to keep the prices up in the next 5 months.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior

And then there's that, I know there will still be a small bunch that will refuse to sub no matter what....but.... What if, more pickers sub next year, like I did for this year? Then what for reselling?
    Exactly... If most collectors subscribe, you'll sit on your unwanted stuff... Ok, that's just a theory, as we all know, we have to wait until SDCC...

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    I'm not really a reseller, I just try to sell the figures I don't want...

And Fang Man is the ONLY figure I was able to get rid of this year. Still sitting on a bunch that I just don't want. Not to mention a few from last year, like Faceless One and Griffin even. I sub, but really only want 60% of the figures...
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler