Thread: Need help ID ing this display piece !!

Need help ID ing this display piece !!

image.jpg

Just found this at a local shop for $5

Don't think it's masters of the universe but a great back drop none the less!

Does any one know what it is.

Help

Thanks

It is the TimMee Battle Mountain I think
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

image.jpg

Nice display

You can buy this off of amazon right now
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Ahhhhh. That's a lie ! You can't buy this exact one amazon !

This one is RED !! Lol lol

That is amazeballs! For the price it's so-so, just a static plastic shell. But an awesome display piece nonetheless!

Quote Originally Posted by CAIRO View Post
    image.jpg

Nice display

Thanks slackrguy for the quick response and accurate id!

awesome !

- - - Updated - - -

Another shot

image.jpg

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I think the mold originated for the Battle Beasts line. I know I got the exact same one, in grey, that came with a large set of those little green army men back in the early 90's.

I found more info on this piece!

It was (and is again) made by Tim Mee Toy company, not sure on the date, but possibly 60s/70s. Tim Mee was known for making classic plastic green army men, and aside from army men they created dinosaurs, cavemen and even spacemen and creatures (I actually had their Galaxy Laser Team set as a kid!).

From their Facebook page:
    Processed Plastic Company (parent company of Tim Mee) was 'King of the Dime Store Toys' from the 1950's through the 1980's, and survived all their US based competitors into the 1990's. Alas, in 2005 PPC finally succumbed to Asian competitors and closed their doors. But-- there was still hope, many of the toy molds and intellectual property was sold to another US based company (J. Lloyd International).
    So, now J. Lloyd has been making reissues of Tim Mee's classic plastic toys, including the awesome Battle Mountain! The version Cairo has is the original release! It was actually called Dinosaur Moutain, it included 50 dinosaurs, 15 cavemen and the mountain (in red). Actually, pictures speak louder than words:

moutain.JPG $(KGrHqN,!k8FHQkdcTP-BR0,9k,D6!~~60_57.JPG $(KGrHqZ,!ooFG4,dVYhYBR0,9s53,Q~~60_57.JPG

However, the same mold was utilized later on for Battle Mountain and cast in gray plastic! This time around it had army men, tanks and fighter jets! It didn't feel as well suited for a military theme, but what kid wouldn't have fun with it!?

WSProdLG_TIM MEE TOY BATTLE MOUNTAIN PLAY SET.JPG

Today it can be purchased individually for about $21. It is pretty cool and can be used for different toylines. It could make an awesome Bat Cave playset! Below are some color tests for the latest 2012 Battle Mountain. The final color is the one on the right (darker).

color.jpg

Cairo got a steal at only $5!!! Plus it has more charm since he got a vintage one! I was kind of on the fence with this display, but I may just end up getting one.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I just found this review video!

that's a fun video, I had Galaxy Laser team as a kid. I remember them fondly.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    I found more info on this piece!

It was (and is again) made by Tim Mee Toy company, not sure on the date, but possibly 60s/70s. Tim Mee was known for making classic plastic green army men, and aside from army men they created dinosaurs, cavemen and even spacemen and creatures (I actually had their Galaxy Laser Team set as a kid!).

From their Facebook page:

So, now J. Lloyd has been making reissues of Tim Mee's classic plastic toys, including the awesome Battle Mountain! The version Cairo has is the original release! It was actually called Dinosaur Moutain, it included 50 dinosaurs, 15 cavemen and the mountain (in red). Actually, pictures speak louder than words:

However, the same mold was utilized later on for Battle Mountain and cast in gray plastic! This time around it had army men, tanks and fighter jets! It didn't feel as well suited for a military theme, but what kid wouldn't have fun with it!?

Today it can be purchased individually for about $21. It is pretty cool and can be used for different toylines. It could make an awesome Bat Cave playset! Below are some color tests for the latest 2012 Battle Mountain. The final color is the one on the right (darker).

Cairo got a steal at only $5!!! Plus it has more charm since he got a vintage one! I was kind of on the fence with this display, but I may just end up getting one.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I just found this review video!

This is the most informative post I've seen on the Org in a long time. Thanks! In fact, because of your info, I actually ordered on of the gray Battle Mountains from Amazon. I've got a collection of 2" Dragonriders of the Styx figures who have never had a home... and now they do!

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    This is the most informative post I've seen on the Org in a long time. Thanks! In fact, because of your info, I actually ordered on of the gray Battle Mountains from Amazon. I've got a collection of 2" Dragonriders of the Styx figures who have never had a home... and now they do!
    Thanks K!

I had the time and interest enough to scrounge all that info up All of my figs are packed away at the moment, so I'm not rushing to buy one just yet. And $21 for a re-used mold is kinda steep... It will be perfect for your 2" Dragonriders of the Styx! I just looked those up and I totally had some of those 3.75" figures and I'm pretty positive I had the Demon Flyer! Wow, flashback!

K, when you get the mountain please tell us anything else you find notable about it!

Thinking about selling off the red mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    Thanks K!

I had the time and interest enough to scrounge all that info up All of my figs are packed away at the moment, so I'm not rushing to buy one just yet. And $21 for a re-used mold is kinda steep... It will be perfect for your 2" Dragonriders of the Styx! I just looked those up and I totally had some of those 3.75" figures and I'm pretty positive I had the Demon Flyer! Wow, flashback!

K, when you get the mountain please tell us anything else you find notable about it!

About a week after the Battle Mountain arrived from Amazon, I found two other Battle Mountains at a local consignment store for $3 each! Pretty great timing right?

So I ended up with a green-tinted gray (left), brown, and brighter gray (right) version of the mold. The one on the far left is the new one I ordered from Amazon. They're identical, except the two I found at the consignment store both have a date stamp on the inside of the mold on the back. 1996, I believe. The one from Amazon (far left) also had two spots near the base on the front where there is a little white plastic sticking out from where the mountain was cut off its plastic tree. Easy to trim off with a hobby knife.

Otherwise, they're the same. They fit inside each other and are made of a really heavy-duty plastic. You can tell it's based on an old-school toy.

I didn't have any 2" figures available, so I took some quick pictures with 3 3/4" Marvel Universe figures. As you can see, it's not exactly perfect for that scale, although I think the less bulky figures look pretty good on it. I think GI Joes would look decent as well. I can definitely see Alpine and Hit & Run fighting off a squad of Rock Vipers on Battle Mountain

They really did a great job of working in lots of different play levels and hiding places. For its size, and considering it has no moving parts, it's a really fun playset.

Zemo: "Finally, I have achieved my destiny as a Zemo. My Thunderbolts are witness to my greatness! Isn't that right, Constrictor?"

Constrictor: "Sorry, boss, what? I couldn't hear you over how hard I was whipping this rock column. What did you say?"

Juggernaut: "Nothing can stop the Jugger... oh, hey, a neat cave."

Apocalypse: "Apocalypse is King of the Mountain. Kneel, insignificant Titan!"

Thanos: "Whatever, my girlfriend is Death itself. Also, AVENGERS TWO. But enjoy your rock kingdom or whatever."

Radioactive Man: "Ha, check out this sweet cave I found. I just hope Bullseye doesn't want to hang out here. That guy's a jerk."

Kang: "I am Kang! And Kang shall rule!"

Blastaar: "Nope."

Bullseye: "That's right. Found my own cave. It's way better than stupid Radioactive Man's stupid cave. Way better."
    Last edited by ksensor; August 22, 2013 at 06:23pm.