Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 2013 sub appreciation thread

The 2013 sub appreciation thread

I was positively surprised on how the 2013 sub was handled overall so far, compared to the previous subscriptions.

We got a great and balanced line-up, no major quality control issues, figures are shipping a few days before their official released (as promised) and I even seem to hear less complaints on DR!

Sure, there still are some screw ups (eg shipping costs assigned by throwing the dice), but generally I feel that Mattel kept their promise on the 2013 subscription, and I hope this will encourage more people to purchase the 2014 club Eternia with less worries.

I've been a subscriber since the beginning, but this year I've been even more happy to be one.
    What do you guys think?

Heroic Warrior
    We'll maybe get some production errors again. Many reported loose ankles on Octavia and now the chipping paint on Icer's staff of Avion.

I really enjoy Jitsu's und Snake Face's quality and hope this continues with my next figures Shokoti and Mantenna, but we know, that Mattel likes cheap manufacturing

Yeah this year's line up has been pretty good! I'm loving it…but my wallet isn't! LOL I can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

So far, and it only took them five years- LOL!, everything in 2013 has turned out just fine. Fast shipping, no quality control issues that are major enough to speak of, great paint apps, awesome character selection. It's a major improvement over 2012!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

So far, I love it, Octavia (And pretty much all new Females) and their old Ankles, and still the posterior issue....

The Men are much better quality, (is Mattel sexist?....) and other than Karatti, NAHM (because I mainly do not like NA), and Geldor (I pity the fool who mistakes me for Mr T.).....I want every figure, including the Filmation sub ones.

I honestly can't see why the line Figure wise is in jeopardy....which leads me obviously to Mattel & DR and how the line is handled....being the causes.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Someone should also send a link to this thread to TG to let him know how much we appreciate the line. Stuff like this will hopefully tell the higher ups at Mattel people still like the line so they don't cancel it after SDCC, I think we should all be a little more positive and it will go a long way with how good the line will get!
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    We'll maybe get some production errors again. Many reported loose ankles on Octavia and now the chipping paint on Icer's staff of Avion.
    I was really satisfied until Octavia... they kept their promises and we didn't have major QC problems...
    On the other hands the 2013 seems to be a really good year... on 21 revealed figures I bought, or I'll buy, 13 figures... the 62%... I don't know how the 2013 will end but only in the 2008/9 wave I bought so many figures... 82% in 2008/9, 45% in 2010, 38% in 2011 and 30% in 2012.
    I'm lookin' forward for the Mattypalooza! Only 6 daze!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Yes, I have been very happy with 2013, including this awesome Filmation sub.

I already subbed for 2014. Let's do it!

Found the line in '12, too late to sub. This is my first sub. It got off to a rough start with old CC issues, but CS was very polite, and did fix everything. I would have blind subbed before SDCC, but I have a feeling I may get 2 this time.

Great year so far very pleased. Thanks TG & 4H. I really appreciate this this line.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Found the line in '12, too late to sub. This is my first sub. It got off to a rough start with old CC issues, but CS was very polite, and did fix everything. I would have blind subbed before SDCC, but I have a feeling I may get 2 this time.

Great year so far very pleased. Thanks TG & 4H. I really appreciate this this line.
    I may consider getting 2....no 3-packs, therefore shouldn't have overly expensive months....but, I may just get one, because of the possibility they may have another add-on sub. That and the fact that the Transformers look awesome that are coming, and I found my new collection niche with the bot cars in MP....I'll likely still collect the MP even when Generations goes for the movie line again. I want my favorte G1 bot cars.... (after the Lambo twins, Wheeljack, and 280z Brothers) Mirage, Hound, Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet and Tracks....I'd love a Blaster too. Hell bring on Sunstreaker too.

So, that may limit my purchases of MOTUC subs....SDCC for both MOTUC and Transformers will tell me what I need to know.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I've never been one who has experienced many problems with the subscription, but I would agree that 2013 has been pretty smooth. I was a little disgruntled that they pushed Ram Man from January to February, but hey, we still got him, so sitting here in July, I can see that wasn't much of an issue. I had a small credit card issue in March, but that was quickly handled by the Matty staff. The figures have turned out great, and some of my most wanted figures (Ram Man, Octavia, Castaspella) have been revealed this year. I think everything has been great this year and can't wait to see what 2014 brings us.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    2013 has been a great year so far....blastic is not used. the quality control is as good as its ever been. and an awesome character selection with some nice new tooled figures. Its a good time to be a motu fan! BRING ON 2014!!!

2012 saw me purchase this line in its entirety, but I didn't sub until 2013 because I had missed the previous subs. This year has been great and will continue to be. 2012.had some figures that just felt lacking due to their accessories and paint apps being cut. Seriously, last year's figures, while being good, could've been better. Horde Prime is the best example of how much paint apps and accessories add to a character. 2013 has given us amazing paint details: King He-Man, Snake Face, and the FFM to name a few. The only figure i feel needed a little more was Netossa. My only real complaint is that we did not get a beast this year.

I've not ever had any major issues with the line, but this year has gone smoothly, for the most part....

Knock on wood.

Yep, this year's all factions, eras and popularities sub has been great. It is a pity the next two years will focus only on vintage and A-list as I fear we will miss out on some excellent figures. Hopefull, after 2015 fans will decide to stick wiht the line for some more obscure offerings.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Hearing about folks having a smooth year with no widespread problems is something to very much appreciate this year. As I've said elsewhere, I hope that bodes well for the subs for 2014.

As for the focus of the years hence, I understand the need, but will honestly miss things like the Foe Men and other oddball figures that I always felt gave the line some added spice. Thus, I am glad we got a few last figures like that this year.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Though I haven't had any problems to date with Matty or DR, 2013 does seem like it is going smooth for me and most folks which is nice to hear. I think they're starting to get their act together.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

2013 has been a great year for sure. There are still a few issues I have with the figures, primarily the female figures as I have increasingly turned to the opinion that I like big butts and I cannot lie... but apart from that everything has been great.

Really hope we get a good strong end to the year, with a nice mix of factions and figures before we head into the more predictable 2014 and 2015.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    im very pleased with the characters we got & how they are spread out
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Have no issue with the range of characters, hopefully the second end-half of the year will be just as good. Nothing major to note except an issue with initial figure shipping for the Filmation sub. Mix-up on their end but was resolved very quickly with Icer arriving before CC & NAHM.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

This is still the best toy line going...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

2013 has exceeded expectations, and the summer months have offered the most incredible lineup the line has seen to date. I'm pumped for 2014 already!
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    I still stand by this! No other line is more enjoyable than MOTUC for me and its been 5 years - its hard to top IMO.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    So very true!

Icer just came in. And...wow!!

What a figure and what a line! Can't wait for SDCC. (hours away)

MOTUC lifer baby!