Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: ...Possible Rveals at SDCC (SPOILERS!!!) NOTE: ALL HEAVILY RUMORED...

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'm sure we'll see Castle Grayskull tomorrow. Maybe Geldor as well. Possibly the Weapons Pack.
    I agree I think we may see Geldor ant the weapons pack last year we saw Granamyr and the weapons pack.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

So the Grayskull box art will not feature She-Ra.

Big HUGE shocker there.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Big HUGE shocker there.
    What? I'm surprised and disappointed. I'm expecting a sore lack of POP at this year's SDCC again. Calling it: Sea Hawk and Glimmer in amongst loads of straight-up MOTU product/reveals.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

She never really had a chance, just like Illumina in that vote Mattel did. He-Man, She-Ra & Skeletor should have been givens. The are the three cornerstone characters of this brand, totally linked to the purpose of Castle Grayskull. If She-Ra is not on this box art it's a bloody disgrace and Mattel should be ashamed of themselves. There is Not one element for She-Ra and her fans in this deal, a cardboard cut out of the doorway to Etheria would have been some kind of reprsentation. She draws half of Grayskull's power and calls upon the name of Grayskull for good sake!!!!!
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 17, 2013 at 06:57am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    She never really had a chance, just like Illumina in that vote Mattel did. He-Man, She-Ra & Skeletor should have been givens. The are the three cornerstone characters of this brand, totally linked to the purpose of Castle Grayskull. If She-Ra is not on this box art it's a bloody disgrace and Mattel should be ashamed of themselves. There is Not one element for She-Ra and her fans in this deal, a cardboard cut out of the doorway to Etheria would have been some kind of reprsentation. She draws half of Grayskull's power and calls upon the name of Grayskull for good sake!!!!!
    Well, although it's not major, POP has the Sword ornament inside of the castle that you can mount both swords onto. 200X has the orb holder. NA has no influences at all. Castle Grayskull is mostly a Vintage MOTU thing.

She-Ra is not constantly on Eternia defending Grayskull from Skeletor. Come to think of it, has She-Ra ever been on Eternia and protected Grayskull from anyone in media?

If anything, I'd expect to see She-Ra on the Fright Zone or Crystal Castle boxart. Maybe even the Slime Pit.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Big HUGE shocker there.
    Have we seen pics of it yet? Or is this secret info?

I would be surprised if she isn't on there, it was a vote wasn't it? I can imagine the tope vintage characters being heavily featured but I still figured She-ra would make it on there.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Well, although it's not major, POP has the Sword ornament inside of the castle that you can mount both swords onto. 200X has the orb holder. NA has no influences at all. Castle Grayskull is mostly a Vintage MOTU thing.

She-Ra is not constantly on Eternia defending Grayskull from Skeletor. Come to think of it, has She-Ra ever been on Eternia and protected Grayskull from anyone in media?

If anything, I'd expect to see She-Ra on the Fright Zone or Crystal Castle boxart. Maybe even the Slime Pit.
    I second that. I'm a She-Ra fan, but I don't associate her with the physical Castle Grayskull. That's why I also don't need Hordak on its boxart.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    Have we seen pics of it yet? Or is this secret info?

I would be surprised if she isn't on there, it was a vote wasn't it? I can imagine the tope vintage characters being heavily featured but I still figured She-ra would make it on there.
    Well, BCRDuke often has information that others don't from his sources that would have to enter the witness protection program if they were to ever be unmasked—

I'm not really surprised about She-Ra, though I am disappointed. I voted for her. Probably every single figure that was on the original Grayskull box is a given plus a few others. Actually, I think it is all but certain that only characters from the first two waves of MOTU figures will be there. In fairness, the Castle is originally from that era of figure releases. In sadness, there remain people who will not embrace She-Ra as a MOTU character. I think in the long term, MOTUC will go a long way to fixing that because of its merging of POP, MOTU, and NA. Unfortunately, we live today.

FWIW, I voted for:

He-Man
    Battle cat
    She-Ra
    Swift wind
    Skeleton
    Beast Man
    Hordak
    Sorceress
    Teela (or maybe Orko, can't remember for sure on this one)
    Man at Arms

Sorry NA fans, I like the new NA figures but could not justify any of them as being core enough for this item. Though one could say that NA He-Man and NA Skeletor are there in their pre-NA forms.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel should be ashamed? Lol

Weren't the fans voting the characters featured on the boxart? Blame your fellow He-Fans

I'm not a friend of many things Mattel did with this toyline, but this one was caused by the majority of the fans.
    Last edited by Berserker79; July 17, 2013 at 08:10am.

Are there any POP or Horde figures on the box?

Heroic Warrior
    I voted for:

King Randor
    Eternos Palace Randor
    Battle Armor Randor
    Captain Randor
    Zombie Randor
    Rodnar, Evil Robot Double of Randor
    Crystal Sea Vacation in super-cool Hawaiian shirt Randor
    Queen Marlena disguise Randor
    Rowdy Roddy Randor
    and
    She-Ra

so don't blame me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    I'm not really surprised about She-Ra, though I am disappointed. I voted for her. Probably every single figure that was on the original Grayskull box is a given plus a few others. Actually, I think it is all but certain that only characters from the first two waves of MOTU figures will be there. In fairness, the Castle is originally from that era of figure releases. In sadness, there remain people who will not embrace She-Ra as a MOTU character. I think in the long term, MOTUC will go a long way to fixing that because of its merging of POP, MOTU, and NA. Unfortunately, we live today..
    The biggest problem with people not embracing PoP under the MOTU banner is because (my opinion) MOTU is the original brand. essentially the boy line. PoP was it's own line, NA was also it's own line, the only crossover was in the She-Ra toon. it is KIND OF like saying Supergirl is part of the Batman brand. she isn't, but they are in the DC universe together. so PoP IS NOT MOTU in terms of how many see the brands, she IS part of the total universe, so she IS a part of MOTU now as MOTUC is essentially the Univere more than it is the he-man adventure. kind of confusing as the umbrella is also the name of a separate line at this point. personally I think PoP should be dissolved into MTOU in a major media push (show/movie) to accomplish this...not that PoP can't spin off into it's own story, but again back to DC - Batgirl, Robin, Nightwing etc all have their own books, but they are part of the Batman brand. reintroducing PoP first into the MOTU storyline and then spinning off into their own goes a long way in making MOTU the umbrella and kills the debate that PoP is not MOTU.

just my opinion.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Castle Grayskull will likely be the only play set we get in Classic, so I can see where folks would be ultra disappointed that She-Ra's not being featured on the box art. I'm not feeling TOO gutted at the moment; the sentiment is more of a growing annoyance at the glaring flaws with the actual voting system/polls where it relates to the Princess of Power property. POP has never had a chance at a relaunch to help stimulate growth in the fan base, so in no way, shape or form should Mattel be considering the playing field to be anything close to being level when they put certain votes to the fans. From the Mattel end of it, they have shown that factors such as historical impact and supporting materials play a significant role in this toy line, so far as getting certain characters into the line. Why is this not part of the methodology when they're making these decisions? I don't know if that means giving She-Ra +5000 votes right off the bat or what. But the thought that's running through my mind is: "It shouldn't be this easy to cancel out She-Ra."
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Another topic where "She-Ra" drops in to cause divisiveness... don't you get it? Most fans DON'T like POP! You THINK she is a cornerstone but she is not. ONLY here on the Org do you folks feel that way. TG and the 4 Horsemen are more biased towards MOTU. You'd think youd get that by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Well, BCRDuke often has information that others don't from his sources that would have to enter the witness protection program if they were to ever be unmasked—
    Haha yeah I know. I have lurked here long enough to respect Mr Duke's hints and wise words.

I voted for the following:

He-man
    Skeletor
    Plundar
    Nepthu
    Spector
    Laser-Lot
    Snake Man-At-Arms
    Chef Allen
    Songster
    and any one of the NA Scientists

Last edited by Jeevesosiris; July 17, 2013 at 01:51pm.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    Another topic where "She-Ra" drops in to cause divisiveness... don't you get it? Most fans DON'T like POP! You THINK she is a cornerstone but she is not. ONLY here on the Org do you folks feel that way. TG and the 4 Horsemen are more biased towards MOTU. You'd think youd get that by now.
    The only thing causing "divisiveness" is posts like this. But thanks for your pure opinion, and enjoy Castaspella next month.

As far as the box art, while I am disappointed that She-Ra won't be on it, personally I'm not keeping the box so I am not bothered.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I second that. I'm a She-Ra fan, but I don't associate her with the physical Castle Grayskull. That's why I also don't need Hordak on its boxart.
    I'm not anti She-Ra, but I really don't associate Grayskull with her. The original characters featured on the original box art, plus the Sorceress and one or two other early vintage figures would be most appropriate.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I don't understand why some would be angry that She-Ra isn't on the Castlye Grayskull box art. Upset or disappointed? Fine, but remember that this was a fan vote and I believe most people associate He-Man and Masters of the Universe with CG, not She-Ra and her gang. Doesn't she have the Crystal Castle?

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    What I don't understand is how people are missing the bigger issue here. Crita isn't on the box!!! What the hell man? You mean to tell me that ONE vote wasn't enough????

It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I second that. I'm a She-Ra fan, but I don't associate her with the physical Castle Grayskull.
    She transformed in front of it in every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    The only thing causing "divisiveness" is posts like this. But thanks for your pure opinion, and enjoy Castaspella next month.
    Wow. I agree with Barezz.

Also, He-Dude, in an article about "10 Science Fiction TV Spin-offs That Are Great in their Own Right", She-Ra ranked #9. I'd say that makes her pretty popular outside the .org fandom. Xena also ranked #2, and the creators have said her character was based off of She-Ra. Here's the full list (I don't think I can post the article here):

10. Stargate Atlantis
    9. She-Ra: Princess of Power
    8. Ashes to Ashes
    7. Torchwood
    6. Mork and Mindy
    5. Angel
    4. Batman Beyond
    3. Avatar: The Legend of Korra
    2. Xena Warrior Princess
    1. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

She-Ra's also talked about FREQUENTLY at other pop culture sites. During the 2012 Superbowl when Madonna put on her show a LOT of people thought she looked like She-Ra. So many, that "She-Ra" was trending on Twitter (which takes hundreds of thousands of people to make something trend. Everyone participating in Tallstar's MOTUC event couldn't get MOTUC to trend. ). Also, He-Man was trending because of the commercial he starred in. That was a pretty cool night.

Finally, Despera (aka "She-Ra) is the single most popular character in the entirety of the new MOTU, DC Comics. Teela is hated by the vast, vast majority (for example). She-Ra's doing pretty well for herself in the new media (thus far).

Fans like PoP. PoP characters keep reaching the top spots for requested figures in MOTUC. In the one poll, 5 out of the top 10 were PoP (Scorpia, Glimmer, Queen Angella, Madame Razz and Sea Hawk).
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 17, 2013 at 11:50am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post

As far as the box art, while I am disappointed that She-Ra won't be on it, personally I'm not keeping the box so I am not bothered.
    generally I don't keep boxes, butI kept wind raider, Granamyr and I will keep Grayskull. I thinkI voted for She-Ra to be on, more so for the PoP fans as IMO she doesn't HAVE to be on it. based on my previous post, I still feel the brand separation and kind of like it that way. I am not against the umbrella in fact if they do it I'd love it done great.

Some people hate it but I love how DC is bringing Adora into the fold, but I know a lot of purists don't want to see that. funny thing PoP enthusiasts say PoP is better because the rebellion etc is darker territory, but it was rarely played that way...in the DC stories they are playing that darkness BIG. to me that fits in better.

Anyway if she-ra is NOT on the boxart I will empathize with her fans but for me it's not a big deal.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior

Big HUGE shocker there.
    Not really. She was not one of the 10 characters that fans voted for, at least not on the .org
    (see: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3212634)

Does anyone know if Castle Grayskull preorders will open again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    The only disgrace here would be the fans, as they voted for it. Apparently, Trap Jaw > She-Ra.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Yours is the most divisive statement in the thread. But no matter what side you're on with POP. There's NO WAY the subs/line will survive without the POP crowd. Marinate in that for a while.
    I don't care much for what's on the box, but more what's in it.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Well, if you know of a place where you can talk MOTUC without including POP please share a link so "most fans" can go there and not be bothered by the community here that tends at most times to enjoy it all. Personally, I'm in it for primarily POP, but I enjoy all the other figures. Am I upset over the exclusion of She-Ra...not really, the pic I've seen doesn't have that vibe to it (POP was never that dark looking to me) and I'm not too keen on the characters' depictions (something odd about proportions.)
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!