Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: ...Possible Rveals at SDCC (SPOILERS!!!) NOTE: ALL HEAVILY RUMORED...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    Another topic where "She-Ra" drops in to cause divisiveness... don't you get it? Most fans DON'T like POP! You THINK she is a cornerstone but she is not. ONLY here on the Org do you folks feel that way. TG and the 4 Horsemen are more biased towards MOTU. You'd think youd get that by now.
    I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    She transformed in front of it in every episode.
    That was just a cool visual to show her where she gets her powers from. She wasn't literally in front of Castle Grayskull.

Like MegaGearMax said, I don't think she ever played an active role in protecting Grayskull. Besides, she already has a castle all to herself. Her line from the cartoon says it all - "I am Adora, He-Man's twin sister, and defender of the Crystal Castle".
    Last edited by RocketPunch; July 17, 2013 at 11:54am.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I agree...
    There's nothing quite like adding something constructive to a discussion.

I'm only in it for POP. Difference is, I don't go throwing my weight around trying to ignite arguments with MOTU fans.

She-Ra and co are enormously popular. Glimmer, Angella, Mermista and Scorpia are more demanded than some of the vintage MOTU guys. But some fans feel threatened by her presence. Wonder why that is.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

My perfect artwork would of had she-ra upon swift wind. Angelica and sorceress together. With the starship eternia emerging from a dimensenial gate. Awesume huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    There's nothing quite like adding something constructive to a discussion.

I'm only in it for POP. Difference is, I don't go throwing my weight around trying to ignite arguments with MOTU fans.

She-Ra and co are enormously popular. Glimmer, Angella, Mermista and Scorpia are more demanded than some of the vintage MOTU guys. But some fans feel threatened by her presence. Wonder why that is.
    Well said!
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

My disappointment stems from the fact that the brand manager seems to consistently make an effort NOT to update or include the pop characters in an edgier, darker way ( the way DC seems to be capable of doing ). Not including She-Ra, or even Hordak, is bizarre, when both characters are key in the Classics line. This isn't a vintage Grayskull playset. It's a playset for the Classics line.

Apparently there are some people here who don't agree with me... Or, strangely, feel passionately that I should not feel the way I do.

My opinion is no less valid than anyone else's here, which makes the snarky comments sound petulant and rather anti-social.

To those who have a problem with my disappointment, I ask this:

Is it not enough for you that the brand manager is firmly in your corner? Is it not enough for you that there are still, nearly five years into the line, a tragically small number of pop characters represented in plastic?

You also have to tell me that I'm wrong for feeling disappointed about box art?!

Ok. I guess I should change my feelings to suit your notion that I should feel exactly as you do.

Give me a break. MOTUC is great for many reasons. One reason is the diversity of its characters. I love them all and I want to see them used in media representing the line.

It's not ridiculous or too much to ask to want She-Ra represented on the box art.

Would it have killed all of you if she'd been shown, even in silhouette, riding Swift Wind in the sky?

Would that have ruined your day?
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    My disappointment stems from the fact that the brand manager seems to consistently make an effort NOT to update or include the pop characters in an edgier, darker way ( the way DC seems to be capable of doing ). Not including She-Ra, or even Hordak, is bizarre, when both characters are key in the Classics line. This isn't a vintage Grayskull playset. It's a playset for the Classics line.

Apparently there are some people here who don't agree with me... Or, strangely, feel passionately that I should not feel the way I do.

My opinion is no less valid than anyone else's here, which makes the snarky comments sound petulant and rather anti-social.

To those who have a problem with my disappointment, I ask this:

Is it not enough for you that the brand manager is firmly in your corner? Is it not enough for you that there are still, nearly five years into the line, a tragically small number of pop characters represented in plastic?

You also have to tell me that I'm wrong for feeling disappointed about box art?!

Ok. I guess I should change my feelings to suit your notion that I should feel exactly as you do.

Give me a break. MOTUC is great for many reasons. One reason is the diversity of its characters. I love them all and I want to see them used in media representing the line.

It's not ridiculous or too much to ask to want She-Ra represented on the box art.

Would it have killed all of you if she'd been shown, even in silhouette, riding Swift Wind in the sky?

Would that have ruined your day?
    Very well said Brian!!!
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

I do believe POP ranked highest on the factions deemed "essential" to the property on the main page poll last year (or whenever it was). That's not just the couple hundred of us vocal minorities who are posting in these types of threads but a reflection of the overall fandom.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I'm a big fan of She-Ra and POP, but I didn't vote for her to appear on the CG box. If it was a Crystal Castle or some Horde-related set, I would definitely expect to see her, but not really on Castle Grayskull. I do think POP is popular with a lot of MOTU fans, so I don't agree with the statement that "most" MOTU fans don't like She-Ra. There's no evidence to back that up, one way or the other, so it's strictly based on one person's opinion. I can understand disappointment that She-Ra is not on the box, but I didn't expect it (nor did I really want it). I wouldn't have wanted to see Hordak on the box either. I definitely did not want a "faction leader" box art for Castle Grayskull.

Court Magician
    Were the Grayskull box art poll results posted somewhere? Tried scrolling back through this thread but couldn't find them.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    That was just a cool visual to show her where she gets her powers from. She wasn't literally in front of Castle Grayskull.
    Still, every episode.

Like MegaGearMax said, I don't think she ever played an active role in protecting Grayskull.
    Possibly in the UK stuff. He-Man and She-Ra were usually together in the UK stuff. I haven't read most of it, but it all looks VERY interesting.

(Not directed at anyone) The big deal with She-Ra not being on the MOTUC Castle Grayskull box, is in the MOTUC bios/story, She-Ra is now on Eternia and it's all about the Twins of Power defeating the Horde and how it's been prophesied thousands of years ago. If She-Ra's on Eternia now (chased Hordak out of Etheria), and she's NOT defending Castle Grayskull, then what the hell is she doing?!

Also, this line was always touted as the "He-Man and She-Ra" line...now it's kind of excluding her.

Quote Originally Posted by testo24 View Post
    Were the Grayskull box art poll results posted somewhere? Tried scrolling back through this thread but couldn't find them.
    It's never been posted.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 17, 2013 at 12:31pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Sorry to interrupt you folks Is it the OFFICIAL SDCC Thread where we will find the reveals or should we create a new one?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    Sorry to interrupt you folks Is it the OFFICIAL SDCC Thread where we will find the reveals or should we create a new one?
    There will be a new one. Pre-SDCC, there's always a thread to talk about what you think we'll see, anticipation, etc. There's always been a separate, official one for reveals/reactions and then the Pre-SDCC thread gets closed.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

How do these threads always go the same direction over and over? We have POP fans fuming that She-ra isnt recognized with the new stuff and MOTU fans telling them it is because she is a) a whole other line or b) she wasnt as popular. Over and over....same stuff. How hard is it for adults to agree that there are variables that determine these things that neither camp is going to like? She-ra does have a large following, that is true, but it still paled in comparrison to the phenomenon that was Masters of the Universe. The toy sales kinda scream that. I am not diminishing her role, but even though tied to the brand; She-ra was part of her own entity. Even the license is separate. Certain things should more than likely be expected then, like her image not being on Castle Grayskull any more than a New Adventures character. I am very appreciative of the new characters we are getting from the POP brand in Classics that I would not have had in vintage. That said, I think that fans of POP should be grateful that these characters are being made. The numbers have already calculated that a POP collectors line would not have gone through, so I think expectations should be a little more reserved!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    Another topic where "She-Ra" drops in to cause divisiveness... don't you get it? Most fans DON'T like POP! You THINK she is a cornerstone but she is not. ONLY here on the Org do you folks feel that way. TG and the 4 Horsemen are more biased towards MOTU. You'd think youd get that by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I agree...
    Yup, "She-Ra" sure is the cause of divisiveness around here.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

I am sure most people will not get one or two characters on the box that they want to see. The voting process, if done correctly, was to allow the majority to pick the characters. Btw who is on the box since we know She-Ra isn't?

I just want Mattypalooza to be over.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    That said, I think that fans of POP should be grateful that these characters are being made. The numbers have already calculated that a POP collectors line would not have gone through, so I think expectations should be a little more reserved!
    Similarly, I think the non-POP fans should be a bit more grateful for those of us who are interested in the myriad parts of the mythos as, without us, the line would not have remained economically viable for as long as it has. But, instead, we have a few very vocal posters who are seemingly intent on making that an impossibility--often time the same posters who complain even about the aspects of the line that they DO collect.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

I didn't start collecting this line because of the POP figures, but I do own a few of them now, and I think they're great. I understand why POP fans want more POP in the line - the 4H consistently knock them out of the park, they are awesome figures.

I think POP is pretty fairly represented in the MOTUC line. I don't think POP fans will be happy, though, until every single figure that's released is a POP figure (same goes for some of the 200X, MOTU vintage line, mini-comic, NA, etc. fans on this board).

In the end, it's been proven time and again that POP is just not as popular as vintage MOTU, so if there's a vote (like for the box art on CG), the Vintage MOTU stuff will win. That's just something POP fans will have to live with.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

But don't be forgetting that you wouldn't even be getting a shot at your precious vintage desired items if it wasn't for the POP fans coming to Mattel's table to sub up alongside what is feels like an element of our fan community that is completely self entitled and non accepting of anything that does not meet the rules of this little alpha male club.
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 17, 2013 at 01:00pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Castle Grayskull will likely be the only play set we get in Classic, so I can see where folks would be ultra disappointed that She-Ra's not being featured on the box art. I'm not feeling TOO gutted at the moment; the sentiment is more of a growing annoyance at the glaring flaws with the actual voting system/polls where it relates to the Princess of Power property. POP has never had a chance at a relaunch to help stimulate growth in the fan base, so in no way, shape or form should Mattel be considering the playing field to be anything close to being level when they put certain votes to the fans. From the Mattel end of it, they have shown that factors such as historical impact and supporting materials play a significant role in this toy line, so far as getting certain characters into the line. Why is this not part of the methodology when they're making these decisions? I don't know if that means giving She-Ra +5000 votes right off the bat or what. But the thought that's running through my mind is: "It shouldn't be this easy to cancel out She-Ra."
    Agree totally, especially the bold parts.

But it's done. *shrug*

Hey, just an aside here, but... remember when the line was announced and everyone was so stoked and coming together for a common goal? People'd go around saying "wow I hope this lasts forever!" and "I really hope everyone gets their dream figures made!". We've come a long way since then. A long, disappointing, argumentative, belittling, scapegoating, kindergarten way.

Welp, roll on Friday. As for me, I'm off to vote in the "clearly not demanded at all" Jetlag thread!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

This community really needs to have a big group hug.

I agree with bcrduke that people are often too harsh to POP and those that support its inclusion in the line - but I would take this further, we are all too harsh on every aspect of this hobby/line/mythos. We all love some aspect of MOTU and/or POP. Why can't we all just be happy for each other when the NA fans get a new NA figure or the POP fans get an inclusion in a new media or when the Spector fans have him appear for 3 seconds in a video?

We are all as bad as each other. Less negativity, more worshipping of every aspect of this amazing world, it's characters and the best toyline ever.

In this particular case, the fans voted on the characters include on the box. If you look at the Heman.org vote shown earlier in the thread She-Ra came 11th, but it was honestly a distant 11th with the top ten characters far and away the most popular. Sad perhaps, disapointing for some, but it was a vote here on the org and I guess that was very refelective of the overall opinion of fans.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    She transformed in front of it in every episode.

Also, He-Dude, in an article about "10 Science Fiction TV Spin-offs That Are Great in their Own Right", She-Ra ranked #9. I'd say that makes her pretty popular outside the .org fandom. Xena also ranked #2, and the creators have said her character was based off of She-Ra.
    awesome, i loved Xena!

I like PoP more for the potential than what it actually is, like bcrduke said, they need to take the opportunity and make it more serious like DC is doing. BUT I can EASILY live without PoP myself, I'm sorry to say that to you PoP die hards. I don't WANT PoP gone but if it disappears while MOTU thrives I will feel bad for you as fans but I won't be upset at the loss. does that make sense? I WANT PoP included in the story in a more mature way but I won't be upset if they don't do that (for myself)

So as a MOTU first kind of guy, I still disagree with a lot of Scott's stances. Huntara>Nephtu or Plundor, Scorpia>Celice and so forth. so even though Scott seems to be MOTU over most other facets, I disagree with a lot of what he does and don't feel he is in my corner at all. -
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    The only disgrace here would be the fans, as they voted for it. Apparently, Trap Jaw > She-Ra.
    Great point. Mattel didn't chose the characters--the fans did.

I know I went with a vintage feel...

He-Man
    Teela
    Man-At-Arms
    Stratos
    Battle Cat

Skeletor
    Evil-Lyn
    Beast Man
    Mer-Man
    Trap Jaw

If this were Starship Eternia, we'd see mostly NA characters. If this were Crystal Castle, the POP characters most likely would be shown.

Castle Grayskull is Vintage MOTU territory for most fans. I'd doubt we'd see many fans pick characters from other eras over the 12 back.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Wow, some serious POP hate this morning.
    Meh...

I am not a big fan of She Ra figures. Though, the old cartoon was better than the old He Man cartoon.
    Neither were too great. I only watched She Ra because it was on when I was getting ready for grade school each morning.

I bought the He man toys as a kid and only purchased the Horde (closest thing to She Ra figures I had)

The average MOTUC fan is NOT huge on POP. No offense, but it is true.

Do I have some of the new POP figures? Yep. Do I like them? Yep. Some of them

Do I want 40 more women figures for my MOTUC collection? Nope.
    Do I want them to NOT make them even if I don't want them? No. Matty should make them.

There is a very loyal fanbase for She Ra and POP. If it helps us get the last bits of vintage MOTU, great. If it gets in the way of a few of the last ones, oh well.
    Most of the great figures have been made and I am pretty sure that 2014 will finalize the major missing guys (TwoBad, Ninjor, Rio Blast, Moduluk).
    So, stop hassling the POP fans.
    AND -- POP fans, stop complaining that She Ra isn't on a box. That's the biggest 1st world problem I've ever heard, seriously. SERIOUSLY? A picture on a box doesn't have the sister of the main character? How is this a problem? She Ra figures didn't even exist when the Greyskull was originally created and sold. The new castle is a throwback to that one. Why would she be on the box? It should really only have the original 6 or 8 back figures.
    Anyway, what I am trying to say is: you are ALL wrong.

To get back on topic, does anyone think we will see something new revealed tonight during Preview night???
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.