Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ...Possible Rveals at SDCC (SPOILERS!!!) NOTE: ALL HEAVILY RUMORED...

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I understand not personally finding something appealing but why question something that is so clearly desired? From the reaction itself at SDCC and then AGAIN at Power-Con it's pretty clear how many people wanted him.

This point has been stated ad nauseam on several different threads lately but again, if you grew up watching the cartoons (which most people did) then you have a strong nostalgic connection for depictions of characters who you saw all the time and get excited to see them included in this, ahem, nostalgia based collector's line. A lot of people don't buy these to get "cool" looking action figures but to have physical manifestations of their childhood to display and enjoy. I'm genuinely baffled why there seems to be some disconnect when it comes to this concept.
    I did grow up watching the cartoon and dont begrudge anyone the figure they want, trust me there are plenty i engoy that people hate. I was just that surprised to see the reaction for the second Randor figure.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I understand not personally finding something appealing but why question something that is so clearly desired? From the reaction itself at SDCC and then AGAIN at Power-Con it's pretty clear how many people wanted him.

This point has been stated ad nauseam on several different threads lately but again, if you grew up watching the cartoons (which most people did) then you have a strong nostalgic connection for depictions of characters who you saw all the time and get excited to see them included in this, ahem, nostalgia based collector's line. A lot of people don't buy these to get "cool" looking action figures but to have physical manifestations of their childhood to display and enjoy. I'm genuinely baffled why there seems to be some disconnect when it comes to this concept.
    EP Randor took exceptionally long to sell out; I think the point is that while the fans went wild for the announcement, the retail reception was a bit tepid.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Personally, I'm sad Filmation Randor bumped 200X Battle Armor Randor. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd rather have had that.
    I'd rather have had Captain Randor.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    EP Randor took exceptionally long to sell out; I think the point is that while the fans went wild for the announcement, the retail reception was a bit tepid.
    Well it was a variant as many already own the vintage inspired version. Without knowing production numbers, we don't know how well any figure does.
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

Heroic Warrior
    Kind of a random thought, but the last few days I've been considering NOT LOOKING at any of the reveals this week. I doubt they're going to show anything that would absolutely deter me from
    buying next year's sub. It would also be fun for the figures to actually be a surprise, rather than discussing them ad nauseum for months, to the point that they feel like old news by the time they finally arrive.

I doubt I have the willpower, and after all, discussing them is half the fun, but just an idea.

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I'm sad Filmation Randor bumped 200X Battle Armor Randor. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd rather have had that.
    I'm with you, he is such a better more dymanic design.

He doesn't sell on the secondary market unless it's at a loss, the masses really aren't too into this version of Randor?

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Yes it was, a lot of hardcore fans "love" that this version was chosen, I watched that show as a kid but I could have cared less about a version of him then as there isn't much "action" going on with this Randor.

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    I'd rather have had Captain Randor.
    I would have preferred either the 200X Captain or the 200X Battle Armor look over the Filmation version.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Well it was a variant as many already own the vintage inspired version. Without knowing production numbers, we don't know how well any figure does.
    True, but this figure is a dog on the secondary market for several reasons, subscription holders trying to get rid of him and the lack of interest by buyers to own him.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I would have preferred either the 200X Captain or the 200X Battle Armor look over the Filmation version.

[...]subscription holders trying to get rid of him and the lack of interest by buyers to own him.
    Same here I loved Randor in MYP. Such a great character.
    Also tried to sell off my EP variant. No success at all.

I still don't get the heavy response he got at SDCC. Sure he's an iconic version of the character, but the response doesn't have any relation to the market situiation...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post

He doesn't sell on the secondary market unless it's at a loss, the masses really aren't too into this version of Randor?
    Sure but what does that have to do with the issue of understanding why the people who wanted him were so excited for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post

I still don't get the heavy response he got at SDCC. Sure he's an iconic version of the character, but the response doesn't have any relation to the market situiation...
    You answered your own question right there. Why would you be surprised that an iconic version of a character would provoke huge excitement at a convention panel? I'm sure a lot of these characters we've been voting on recently are going to have similar sales numbers because they are not widely known outside of the fan base. That doesn't mean the reaction from hardcore fans is going to be any less enthusiastic.

In any event, this is getting a bit far removed from the topic of this thread. I'm sure there will be a reveal or two next week who might get a similar reaction and, likewise, several people who are confused by it.
    Last edited by Swifty; July 15, 2013 at 12:43am.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that that version of Randor only sells at a loss on eBay.

I have wanted an extra and couldn't find a cheap one. There aren't many up for sale ever, and the eBay ones are all over $39.99 at least (before shipping).

There were big mistakes made by Mattel design in translating the prototype to toy. There should have been slits in the skirt; his feet should have been a tiny bit less tight at the ankle, etc.

But he's still a great figure. He looks great.

I'm as big an action figure fan as I am a motu fan.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that that version of Randor only sells at a loss on eBay.

I have wanted an extra and couldn't find a cheap one. There aren't many up for sale ever, and the eBay ones are all over $39.99 at least (before shipping).

There were big mistakes made by Mattel design in translating the prototype to toy. There should have been slits in the skirt; his feet should have been a tiny bit less tight at the ankle, etc.

Check the completed auctions, there are several that sold below $20. I doubt any are selling at $39.99??? They are $34.99 on BBTS and probably aren't moving at that price there?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure but what does that have to do with the issue of understanding why the people who wanted him were so excited for him?
    Because you made it sound like "most everone" wanted him, just because he received a favorable response at an exclusive convention filled 100s of diehards doesn't mean much, The Mighty Spector received a lukewarm convention reception however the Spector figures demand seems to be more than that of EP Randor?

And yes I understand there are plenty of fans who were excited to own him, but that can be said for even characters most will cringe at owning. And I'm not saying he's even the most least desired figure he's not, but even with the huge ovation he's hardly even one of the most popular figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Same here. I sold King Randor when I knew 'Eternos Palace' Randor was coming.
    As did I.
    ------
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I'm not surprised by the reaction that the Filmation Randor got at SDCC last year because that room was full of mostly hardcore fans that loved the Filmation series growing up. If you ran a poll to see which version of Randor people would prefer to see in action figure form, Filmation or 200X, I bet it would be pretty close. I much prefer the 200X Randor also, but I'm glad for Filmation fans that they completed the royal family with that figure. Now it's time for a 200X Randor and Prince Adam, though they probably aren't on the new road map until at least 2016.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Add me to that list. I'm devastated. The first Randor we got was awesome...EP Randor (Filmation Randor) wears the exact same colours and everything. Whereas the first version is Battle Armour (of sorts), the second is like pyjamas. I prefer my King Battle Ready. I'm also a huge fan of details on action figures and EP Randor is very lacking in that department, too.

I'm happy for those that wanted him, but I am devastated he bumped 200X Randor, because we will probably never get him now and he's one of the figures I was dying to see re-made in this line (the king one, although I love all the Randor versions in 200X).

I'm not sure WHICH 200X King Randor got bumped, as he comes in three variations:

Captain Randor (Keldor battle):

King Randor:

Battle Armour Randor (with matching BA Marlena in the episode):

Maybe we can at least get a Battle Armour Randor/Marlena two pack sometime?

After looking at these pictures of the Randors available, I think it makes it easier to see why some people are really let down by EP Randor. The other three Randors are so different in colour, detail and design. EP Randor is the EXACT SAME colours as the figure we already had. I like owning things that are different, even if it is a variant. Like how He-Man is very different looking than Ice or Snake Armour He-Man.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 15, 2013 at 12:23pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I love Filmation Randor. Still, I'm a huge Filmation fan so my opinion is definitely biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I love Filmation Randor. Still, I'm a huge Filmation fan so my opinion is definitely biased.
    I agree... I think the SDCC reaction was related to how some people (like me) had been waiting for a Randor that matched the Filmation cartoon.
    I never liked that the toy didn't match the cartoon. I felt the same about several of the characters as a kid.

That's the beauty of this line though. There's something for everyone. I'm glad we got EP (Filmation) King Randor.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Nepthu seems like such a waste of a filmation slot. Not sure why he gets brought up so much. Kind of a boring character and design compared to dozens of other filmation characters they could have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Nepthu seems like such a waste of a filmation slot. Not sure why he gets brought up so much. Kind of a boring character and design compared to dozens of other filmation characters they could have made. Oh, and Randor Randor Randor.
    Hey, somehow this post squeaked by without a Randor reference! Don't worry, I fixed it for you
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

I think he really only gets brought up so often since he's so heavily rumored to be coming. I really can't recall ever seeing much Nepthu chatter before BCR started dropping hints about him showing up in the Filmation line.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Add me to that list. I'm devastated. The first Randor we got was awesome...EP Randor (Filmation Randor) wears the exact same colours and everything. Whereas the first version is Battle Armour (of sorts), the second is like pyjamas. I prefer my King Battle Ready. I'm also a huge fan of details on action figures and EP Randor is very lacking in that department, too.

http://www.itsalltrue.net/wp-content...2/12/fran3.jpg

I'm happy for those that wanted him, but I am devastated he bumped 200X Randor, because we will probably never get him now and he's one of the figures I was dying to see re-made in this line (the king one, although I love all the Randor versions in 200X).

I'm not sure WHICH 200X King Randor got bumped, as he comes in three variations:

Captain Randor (Keldor battle):

http://www.figurerealm.com/userimage...00/37511-1.jpg

King Randor:

http://depeldog.chez-alice.fr/00rand.../randorS04.jpg

Battle Armour Randor (with matching BA Marlena in the episode):

http://i49.servimg.com/u/f49/16/19/10/70/king110.jpg

Maybe we can at least get a Battle Armour Randor/Marlena two pack sometime?

After looking at these pictures of the Randors available, I think it makes it easier to see why some people are really let down by EP Randor. The other three Randors are so different in colour, detail and design. EP Randor is the EXACT SAME colours as the figure we already had. I like owning things that are different, even if it is a variant. Like how He-Man is very different looking than Ice or Snake Armour He-Man.
    But you got your battle-ready Randor with the first release. That is by far my preferred figure, but the FilMation version is by far the most well known, and he fits with the group of Adora, Adam and Marlena to finish out the nuclear royal family. You speak of colors to be different, but all the talk of armor makes that version more like the one we already have. Six of one, a half dozen of the other.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

MOTUC Most Wanted: General Sunder, Mermista, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Saurod, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ninjor, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Peekablue, Perfuma, Enchantress, Lord Masque.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

It's my birthday at the weekend... and I would very much like to see reveals of Plundar, Saurod, Dragstor, Staghorn or MYP Evilseed please Mattel.

In order to keep in line with the rules of the thread outlined by my good buddy geooco earlier... "I wanted 200X Randor over Filmation Randor, but meh, neither were particularly high on my list."
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

If true, that would mean another year with none of the three available MOTU live action movie figures being made.

The one incarnation of MOTU completely ignored in figure form so far... I stopped buying MOTUC for myself awhile back, but I would come back for Gwildor. It doesn't look like I'll need to worry about that anytime soon though.

Sallah

Evil Master of Laceration mikescab's Avatar
    I have to agree with some folks on here. I was also bummed about 200X Randor being bumped in favor of Filmation Randor, but not surprised. Our MOTU community has alot of Filmation fans that were no doubt excited over Filmation figures.
    Mike Scabs

Just for the record, not all Filmation fans wanted bathrobe Randor. I'm a Filmation fan, grew up with the show, and still prefer the MYP and vintage toy versions. Heck I even would rather get the old man version from the mini comics over the technicolor Henry VIII version.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Same for me! I looove the Filmation Randor!! Awesome figure!!

So will Matty "accidentally" leak photos before SDCC?